What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Boxing Thread

152535557582888

Replies

  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    the reason we never saw floyd dig deep to win ...is because he doesnt let it get that far.....
    when shane popped him twice...floyd went into overdrive..he shifted gears...it was like two highschool football teams playing an when one scores the other turns into the 1989 49ers.
    so you cant blame floyd for no one being able to test him.

    as for cottos heart cmon.....yes margos hands were wrapped...but if cotto wasnt getting hit and blockin with his face it would matter. margo is slow as frankenstein. if you watched the fight and i am sure you did...cotto was trying to take margos head off...but he couldnt do it. i dont think it was the gloves that made cotto quit it was the fact that margo could take his punches and was still coming forward. now if cotto was a real champion like he thinks he is..all he had to do was hit and run. thats a plan b. if i cant knock him out then i will outbox him. thats what cotto should have did. thats not heart to move in head first and try to bully and got bullied then you take a knee. even in the second fight...why did cottos face look similar to the first? why was the same shit happening to him without the handwraps? cotto didnt beat that fight...the doctor won that fight. the doctor made margo quit...that nigga should have the belt. what kinda vengence did cotto get by having the doctor stop the fight because he targeted a bad eye on a person not known for defense? let me retype that incase you didnt catch it.

    What kinda vengence did cotto get by tageting a bad eye on someone with bad defense? Hell I could hit margo in the eye and make it swell up cause its a bad eye, but does that mean i am a champion level fighter?

    just saying...cotto isnt a warrior. and yes cotto should have took the beating. why is it good for him to hand out beatings but when hes getting beat its ok for him to quit. its boxing...thats what your getting paid for.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    Mayweather Castillo

    ok...and how long ago was that fight now? And like i said..do u wanna act like both fighters arent battled tested, throw in whatever fight you wanna

    both fighters arent battled tested?

    Yea they both battle tested but Floyd has shown that he'll dig in and beat a guy even if he only has 1 hand. Cotto has shown that he'll quit when the going gets tough.
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    floyd did claim his hand was broken in a fight before...what fight was that??

  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    Mayweather Castillo

    ok...and how long ago was that fight now? And like i said..do u wanna act like both fighters arent battled tested, throw in whatever fight you wanna

    both fighters arent battled tested?

    Yea they both battle tested but Floyd has shown that he'll dig in and beat a guy even if he only has 1 hand. Cotto has shown that he'll quit when the going gets tough.

    Floyd dug deep vs Jesus Chavez when he broke his hand after punching him.... He won by stoppage... He dug deep vs Castillo with a injured shoulder, he dug deep vs Zab after Zab came with it the first 4 rounds, he came with it vs Shane after being stunned in teh 2nd, and he dug deep after being e Honda/MBison headbutted by Ortiz
    2stepz_aheadDupacShadyWorldOrderKNiGHTS
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    floyd did claim his hand was broken in a fight before...what fight was that??

    it happened in the Castillo 1 fight and he had problems with it almost every fight since

    edit Chavez , I know his wrist permanently fucked up
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    Mayweather Castillo

    ok...and how long ago was that fight now? And like i said..do u wanna act like both fighters arent battled tested, throw in whatever fight you wanna

    both fighters arent battled tested?

    Yea they both battle tested but Floyd has shown that he'll dig in and beat a guy even if he only has 1 hand. Cotto has shown that he'll quit when the going gets tough.

    Floyd dug deep vs Jesus Chavez when he broke his hand after punching him.... He won by stoppage... He dug deep vs Castillo with a injured shoulder, he dug deep vs Zab after Zab came with it the first 4 rounds, he came with it vs Shane after being stunned in teh 2nd, and he dug deep after being e Honda/MBison headbutted by Ortiz

    damn......this type ether stung
    point proven like a motherfukka
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Dupac
  • ghost!ghost! To possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    to pralims

    first and foremost, Cotto is a latino fighter, they all fight with the same style, and that's why most boxing fans praise them..they all fight with their heart, and get after it, they dont fight like black boxers, well the black boxers of today...

    whether his style permitted the damage against margo or not, which nobody INCLUDING THE GUY YOU ROOT FOR claims it was more or lack of defense by Cotto. You the only one with the claim Cotto's defense was more the cause of the damage, yes he fights with his head, but has he "quit" like that in any other fight? I'll wait....

    note: i forgot how the pac fight ended..

    and he's face was not as damage as bad in the sec fight then it was in the first fight, also i dont think anyone here thinks margo can't punch...so Cotto having cuts and bruises is not a far fetch thought. and he(cotto) was using that footwork just fine in the sec. fight, wasnt he?

    and in the sec fight..why did the doc stopped it, because of the punching, sticking n move ablility of cotto, swelled Margo eyes up...come on bruh..claiming the doctor won that fight and crap man


    and again...pull in any fight you want...u would not have watched these two, if you questioned the heart of both boxers

    they are pros, floyd breaking his hand and still fighting, i have seen A.Gatti and M.Ward do it, they are boxers, that's what most boxers do (the ones with heart)....boxing is more heart then any skill you can bring in the ring, i see it on a daily bases...dying if you think Cotto's heart pumps kool-aid

    obviously you have never watched him fight before..nobody questions his heart, and i have never question floyd's either.


    but Cotto is not Ortiz..Ortiz flat out quit...i suggest katz watch "assault in the ring" (not sure if i'm saying the name right) if you still frown upon Cotto putting an end to the beating he was taken.








    IamNumberOneBcotton5Vader_F_Kennedyblacklsoldier
  • MasteryMastery Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I can't believe u put your money on bhop after watching there last fight. I was going for bhop but I wouldn't put money on it
    Lol I seen an opportunity to make money *shrugs* I couldnt make any real dough betting on Dawson though. I bet on Hopkins in hopes that Dawson would have one of his well known mental lapses in the ring but it didnt come this time out lol

    WAR MAYWEATHER!!!
    WAR MOSLEY!!!

    nlelbo.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    to pralims

    first and foremost, Cotto is a latino fighter, they all fight with the same style, and that's why most boxing fans praise them..they all fight with their heart, and get after it, they dont fight like black boxers, well the black boxers of today...

    whether his style permitted the damage against margo or not, which nobody INCLUDING THE GUY YOU ROOT FOR claims it was more or lack of defense by Cotto. You the only one with the claim Cotto's defense was more the cause of the damage, yes he fights with his head, but has he "quit" like that in any other fight? I'll wait....

    note: i forgot how the pac fight ended..

    and he's face was not as damage as bad in the sec fight then it was in the first fight, also i dont think anyone here thinks margo can't punch...so Cotto having cuts and bruises is not a far fetch thought. and he(cotto) was using that footwork just fine in the sec. fight, wasnt he?

    and in the sec fight..why did the doc stopped it, because of the punching, sticking n move ablility of cotto, swelled Margo eyes up...come on bruh..claiming the doctor won that fight and crap man


    and again...pull in any fight you want...u would not have watched these two, if you questioned the heart of both boxers

    they are pros, floyd breaking his hand and still fighting, i have seen A.Gatti and M.Ward do it, they are boxers, that's what most boxers do (the ones with heart)....boxing is more heart then any skill you can bring in the ring, i see it on a daily bases...dying if you think Cotto's heart pumps kool-aid

    obviously you have never watched him fight before..nobody questions his heart, and i have never question floyd's either.


    but Cotto is not Ortiz..Ortiz flat out quit...i suggest katz watch "assault in the ring" (not sure if i'm saying the name right) if you still frown upon Cotto putting an end to the beating he was taken.

    the point is if cotto had this superior footwork he could have outboxed margo instead of quitting. great champions have plan b and he didnt. i saw cotto fight a dude on the undercard of a klit and peterson fight. dude rocked cotto a few times and yeah cotto came back to win the fight....but dude couldnt hit for shit and did really come at cotto with a killer instinct.

    i cant even put cotto with other latino fighters outside of the fact hes puerto rican he doesnt match up.

    please dont say cotto had the stick an move ability. really you are going to say this against margo. again i say..i can stick an move against margo. you are saying this about a man that has no footwork or defense. so of course cotto should look good. and like i said before ...the eye was already bad coming into the fight an all it did was swell up cause cotto kept hitting it because margo doesnt have defense....

    but i see you wont give in and niether will i ....i respect your point i just dont agree
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    When he lost the first fight to castillo he was ina war and came back to do better in the second fight they had.
    floyds earned his stripes too.
    an about cotto taking a beating against margarito.....he was trading about 2 to 1 with margarito, it just so happened margarito got him with the heavy hands and traded with him with arguably loaded wraps.
    shits kind of a toss up as to whether floyd can stay in the pocket and use his hands (probably trading 2 to 1 with cotto) to outbox cotto, or whether floyd will hit and run and make cotto chase him down and use his feet.

    if he uses the latter he gotta watch up because cotto has excellent timing and decent speed.
    he caught the faster judah and stronger mosley who opted to pot shot.
    floyd has to bring angles AND some pressure to beat cotto.

    he can fight him like he fought mosley after that scare and he got this in the bag easy.
    "scust", "uoeno" "iont" "outchea" and "talmbout" are faggot words
    seriously, when you type like an ignorant nigga your chances of being something offline are nil
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

    Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money, and, you know, When someone says, "I'm not materialistic," you gotta realize somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for shit made that up. You know, somebody who says, "Beauty is only skin deep," a ugly motherfucker made that up.

    I'm a well-groomed individual and I like money, and with me being in this position, I'm going to give back to families.

    Cotto, you making people look bad. Stop that, man. Y'all need to stop that shit. I ain't even going to speak on that one scene. I cannot believe this shit. Damn. I wonder what his wife say about that. Then he touched my man on the cheeks. He touched my man on his cheeks.

    Matter of fact, he ain't touch his butt, he went for the dookie shoot. The kid went for the dookie shoot.

    I want Cotto to be able to sleep good at night. You know, they got 100 people in the house.

    What's your budget Cotto? How much it cost to rent the house for the next couple of weeks? 10 g's? I got you 10 right there Cotto. I want you sleeping in comfort. Get him a down comforter too. Get him a new bed. From right now until May 4th, I want Cotto to be comfortable. I'm going to make him uncomfortable May 5th, but leading up to May 5th, I want him comfortable.

    Going into the fight May 5th...I'm going to be in my zone. You know what I'm saying? I'm going to be like Willie Beamen. I'm going to be in my zone. That's Any Given Sunday, but, you know, for me, it's any given Saturday, you know what I'm saying?

    I mean, I don't got nothing against Miguel Cotto at all. It's no hard feelings, but it's the fight game, you know what I'm saying? It's the fight game. We at war. I know he's a quiet killer, you know what I'm saying? I'm a loud killer.

    I never once thought about another guy being victorious. Never. That's not in mindframe. That's not in my thoughts. I don't call it cocky. I don't call it overconfidence. I call it believing.

    Cotto ain't ready to die. I'm ready to die on May 5th.

    this is the reason mayweather is going to win

    if or when mayweather starts getting in his ass....what will cotto do?




    This is why Cotto will lose? Because of what floyd is saying here?? This is regular floyd talk, regular floyd shit.... I'm still picking an upset.

    its not about what floyd said....cotto said this himself and thats why he quit against margo...because he was worried about his family and didnt want to put himself in harms way.

    lets keep it real..we never saw cotto really have to dig deep to win...if cotto cant impose his will he is done because he doesnt have a plan b

    wait...u want cotto, floyd or any boxer to take the beating he took against margo? Come on, lets not forget dude was using illegal hand wraps, margo wasnt beating cotto on pure skill homie, even floyd said that. and we never seen floyd "dig deep to win" either... what "War" has floyd been in? I mean lets keep it real, he's not that type of fighter nor no opp. has put him "against the ropes" so to speak to win. he's never had to.

    but if u referring to being battled tested, i think i'll make a safe bet and say they both are battle tested., Can't question Cotto's heart, he's displayed that many a times, in fact that's what has gotten him in trouble taken hard shots

    When he lost the first fight to castillo he was ina war and came back to do better in the second fight they had.
    floyds earned his stripes too.
    an about cotto taking a beating against margarito.....he was trading about 2 to 1 with margarito, it just so happened margarito got him with the heavy hands and traded with him with arguably loaded wraps.
    shits kind of a toss up as to whether floyd can stay in the pocket and use his hands (probably trading 2 to 1 with cotto) to outbox cotto, or whether floyd will hit and run and make cotto chase him down and use his feet.

    if he uses the latter he gotta watch up because cotto has excellent timing and decent speed.
    he caught the faster judah and stronger mosley who opted to pot shot.
    floyd has to bring angles AND some pressure to beat cotto.

    he can fight him like he fought mosley after that scare and he got this in the bag easy.

    Floyd aint gonna hit and run against Cotto, Cotto gonna be the one going backwards
  • ghost!ghost! To possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    pralims wrote: »
    ....

    but i see you wont give in and niether will i ....i respect your point i just dont agree

    fare enough.

    nycest_1 wrote: »
    floyds earned his stripes too.

    already given floyd his props, i mean i can really pick at those fights happening way earlier in his career, but i'm not, cuz his heart i dont question. I just dont think you can question Cotto's heart and use a man using illegal wraps as a jumping off point, it's stupid risking injury. Margarito was using illegal head wraps that harden up before a fight..i mean basically katz were expecting him to stay in there and be hit with a glove that basically was as hard as the plaster they used to cast someone's broken arm, or leg...yeah cuz Cotto is stupid, to sit there and take a beaten....this aint rocky

    and if memory services me correctly, i think Cotto went toe to toe for as long as he could of against margarito. "Pralims" just doesnt see it, but like i said, i never heard anyone say Cotto lacks any kind of true boxing skills or heart, but yes, to each is own.







  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didnt lose to castillo he won 7-5 on my card and 8-4 the rubber match

    for curiousity sake i'm dying to know what 7 rounds you saw floyd win in that fight
    "scust", "uoeno" "iont" "outchea" and "talmbout" are faggot words
    seriously, when you type like an ignorant nigga your chances of being something offline are nil
  • Art-illeryArt-illery Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Lookin at this Floyd/Miguel presser. Gamboa is REALLY close to this team now! Hope he gets his shit straight with Top Rank, so we can see him put in work in the ring. Floyd ALREADY callin out Pacquiao, but you know damn well Bob won't let that happen!
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather Pacquiao You Are Next


  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ them singing the Ricky Hatton song
  • Art-illeryArt-illery Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    SMH at this nigga Cotto...

  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cotto get a lot of unecessary fl
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    he didnt lose to castillo he won 7-5 on my card and 8-4 the rubber match

    for curiousity sake i'm dying to know what 7 rounds you saw floyd win in that fight
    I watched that joint before the May ortiz fight.. i thought i had it written down cant find it.. second fight 8-4 though if i find it i will definitely up it
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    he didnt lose to castillo he won 7-5 on my card and 8-4 the rubber match

    for curiousity sake i'm dying to know what 7 rounds you saw floyd win in that fight
    im dying to know how you gave Castillo 6 rounds unless you gave him credit for missing

    You probably actually thought the de la hoya fight was close
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    he didnt lose to castillo he won 7-5 on my card and 8-4 the rubber match

    for curiousity sake i'm dying to know what 7 rounds you saw floyd win in that fight
    im dying to know how you gave Castillo 6 rounds unless you gave him credit for missing

    You probably actually thought the de la hoya fight was close

    Lol.. now that i have De La Hoya only won the 2nd and the 6th
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The DouceThe Douce Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭
    mayweather got this, if it goes past 6 rounds he'll win on points though

    file.php?avatar=7099_1338474344.gif
  • The DouceThe Douce Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭
    First his head is small.... then its huge!! hahaha

    file.php?avatar=7099_1338474344.gif
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    floyd whooping that ass......

    everytime floyd fight,....... right up to the night of the fight, people forget how thoroughly good of a boxer floyd is...

    they get so caught up in his speed and reflexes, and then start feeling the plight of the opponent..and with a guy like cotto.....it's so easy...so easy to get behind him emotionally...



    but floyd is truly a technical virtuoso....any and every flaw in cotto's game will be exploited....

    shit might be good for like the first 4 rounds, cuz cotto is a competitor and is going to come out charged up...
    but as nature takes it's course.... floyd's going to systematically beat the dog shit outta miguel...

    i love this time....

Sign In or Register to comment.