The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• Mrslim1Mrslim1 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Was at the first Khan vs Peterson fight . Once Khan starting running , I knew he was going to lose . You cant be the champ and run.
    DWO
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,086 Regulator
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I'm saying cotto will knock down floyd

alrightyyyyyy then
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 49,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Was at the first Khan vs Peterson fight . Once Khan starting running , I knew he was going to lose . You cant be the champ and run.
    Peterson fought the better fight anyhow
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mrslim1Mrslim1 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Peterson fought the better fight anyhow

I am not so sure about that Khan was more scared of those body shots than anything . Peterson needs to get his stamina up this fight , cause he was dragging late in the first fight . I believe Peterson won the first fight , but it was because of the point deductions ( which were valid ) not because he so much out boxed Khan
    IamNumberOne
  • WallWall Mastery Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    anybody havin fight parties for the floyd fight
    And you know this, MAN!!!!! I got about 12 people coming over :tu
  • WallWall Mastery Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man Khan was running around like a chicken on a bike... shit was disgraceful

rbjwpl.jpg
    aneed123
    MAYWEATHER SAYS COTTO HAS HIT THE CANVAS BEFORE AND IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN

Ellerbe Has A Message For Cotto's Trainer

• IamNumberOneIamNumberOne You like me? That's cool...you don't like me? That's cool too Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Floyd has taken too much punishment sparring cuz he doesn't really answer questions properly lol and he speaks broken down
    KNiGHTSVader_F_Kennedy
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 12,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people still tryna defend cotto running in the 2nd margarito fight

i question your boxing eyes if you compare that to what Floyd does
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Floyd has taken too much punishment sparring cuz he doesn't really answer questions properly lol and he speaks broken down

Just about to say this. Watching those interviews from Fight Hype was painful. Son sounded like someone's granddad. "Basically ... basically ... basically ... Then I ... Then I ..."

I want to say it's nerves, but he's been in the game damn near 20 years getting interviewed. I repeat myself when I get nervous, but I think he might need to get a brain scan in a hurry. This must've been what it was like to watch Sugar Ray Robinson's decline.
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Cotto going backward isn't a bad thing. He did his best work against Manny going backward, if I recall. By the time he started doing it, though, the fight was pretty much over.
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭
    I was reading an article on Floyd today. I don't know why he won't say he's scared of Manny when he is. The only thing is, he feels his fear is valid because he thinks Manny's on steroids. But he's still afraid of him.
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy dayton Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cotto will do a lot better than ppl think he will..and about his speech floyd has always had broken speech. lol at yall talkin bout he took to much punishment in sparring smh
    IamNumberOne
  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol this is some serious twilight zone shit.
    khan fought peterson using a very similar style to floyd yet hes being called out for running and bike ridin, and floyd gets a pass?
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,115 Regulator
    just found out ribs going on sale for a $1 a pound Saturday only......imma have to get up like 6am 2 make sure i can get 2 loads for the slow cooker at 4 hours a piece...
    cotto will do a lot better than ppl think he will..and about his speech floyd has always had broken speech. lol at yall talkin bout he took to much punishment in sparring smh

right

add that on to the fact he aint finish school

he posed to talk like a scholar ?
    nycest_1 wrote: »

lol this is some serious twilight zone shit.
    khan fought peterson using a very similar style to floyd yet hes being called out for running and bike ridin, and floyd gets a pass?

prime example of what i mean

this nigga just compared what khan did to what floyd does

Where's Roger when you need him
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

not happening its impossible

That is untrue, Mosely gave him a scare in their fight. If Mosely had stayed smart, you probably could of seen floyd going down. Remember, Mosely is a old kat and still had enough power to effect floyd when he did. And although this is waaay back in floyd's career, Zab confused floyd as well in the earlier rounds of their fight...just both two fighters were not smart enough to maintain their good fortunes..and floyd like the intelligent boxer he is, found a way to overcome that.

not saying Cotto will floor him, but he has the power to.

edited May 2012
    anybody havin fight parties for the floyd fight

For the first time in a long time, me and my girl are. Personally i already told her, i dont even care who comes or dont come. I'll sit in that livingroom by my damn self and watch this fight! Sh8t i'm gonna be in heaven come sat night. and she's cooking wings too! A nig is gonna be giddy as fuck, plus "Avangers" comes out on friday!

Haul Judos wrote: »
    just found out ribs going on sale for a $1 a pound Saturday only......imma have to get up like 6am 2 make sure i can get 2 loads for the slow cooker at 4 hours a piece...

damn my dude too bad i probably dont live near you, cause i would be hitting up that same store you going to!
    khan couldn't beat perterson on the inside and got hurt everytime peterson fought his way in.....thta's why he got on his wheels......

he wasn't countering and out boxing peterson, and making him iss... he was running from the body attack and retreating everytime he got caught
    cotto can definitely make the fight interesting early......

but as it gets deep in the fight......nature will take it's course
    ghost! wrote: »

not happening its impossible

That is untrue, Mosely gave him a scare in their fight. If Mosely had stayed smart, you probably could of seen floyd going down. Remember, Mosely is a old kat and still had enough power to effect floyd when he did. And although this is waaay back in floyd's career, Zab confused floyd as well in the earlier rounds of their fight...just both two fighters were not smart enough to maintain their good fortunes..and floyd like the intelligent boxer he is, found a way to overcome that.

not saying Cotto will floor him, but he has the power to.

Mosley has more one punch power than Cotto
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    badlefthook.com/2012/5/3/2996212/timothy-bradley-wants-mayweather-after-pacquiao-mayweather-vs-cotto-hbo-boxing-news
    Timothy Bradley Wants Mayweather After Pacquiao

Top junior welterweight Timothy Bradley has grown increasingly confident (some would say cocky and boastful) about his June 9 fight with Manny Pacquiao, saying recently that the fight will be easy for him, and that he expects to win without much trouble.

Now, Bradley tells Chris Robinson of the Examiner that after he's done with Pacquiao, he'll set his sights on Floyd Mayweather, and he feels that he's got Floyd figured out, too:

"Floyd Mayweather is beatable too. He’s the next one on my list, after I take care of Pacquiao, I’m going to take care of Floyd Mayweather next. ... You can’t outbox Mayweather, you’ve just got to hit him anywhere you possibly can. You can’t swing at the head, you got to attack the body, stay close to him, and don’t let him work. And that’s how you beat Floyd Mayweather, you keep him busy. And if you keep him busy and you are able to elude the counter punches, you’re in the fight."

As much as this may sound like a "blueprint" to beat Floyd, it also sounds kind of like saying, "Listen, here's how the Knicks can beat the Heat. Carmelo has to be better than he is and they can't let LeBron and Wade score many points."

Rofl at this nigga thinking he could beat money may.. nigga your not even going to be able to get pass Pacroid.. I think all those headbutts he gaves out is starting to effect his brain...
    R.D. wrote: »
    Mosley has more one punch power than Cotto

Cotto can punch, yes or no (whose has more, that's not for me to debate) the fact is, can box, has skill, and power.

if Mosely at the age he fought F.M. at, can effect him, so can Cotto.