What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just realized, Floyd just fought a harder puncher than Cotto

Its getting harder for me to see cotto winning a round
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,810 Regulator
    Mr.Forte wrote: »
    Malignaggi & Roy Jones Jr. on Mayweather vs Khan

good drop
    Mr.Forte
  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Vader wrote: »
    cotto will do a lot better than ppl think he will..and about his speech floyd has always had broken speech. lol at yall talkin bout he took to much punishment in sparring smh

right

add that on to the fact he aint finish school

he posed to talk like a scholar ?
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Was at the first Khan vs Peterson fight . Once Khan starting running , I knew he was going to lose . You cant be the champ and run.

lol this is some serious twilight zone shit.
    khan fought peterson using a very similar style to floyd yet hes being called out for running and bike ridin, and floyd gets a pass?

prime example of what i mean

this nigga just compared what khan did to what floyd does

Where's Roger when you need him

lol ok so you obviously exposed yourself with that biased stupidity.
    khan fought backing up and didnt stay in the pocket to trade.
    so does floyd
    the difference between the 2 is floyd is more effective at not being hit on the way out.
    next time actually think when you post
    you sound dumb saying its a different strategy
    cotto will do a lot better than ppl think he will..and about his speech floyd has always had broken speech. lol at yall talkin bout he took to much punishment in sparring smh

right

Was at the first Khan vs Peterson fight . Once Khan starting running , I knew he was going to lose . You cant be the champ and run.

khan fought peterson using a very similar style to floyd yet hes being called out for running and bike ridin, and floyd gets a pass?

lol further proof in this same ass vid where paulie spoke on khans style
    (lol i stepped into the feelings zone with a 3rd post in a row lol but since i'm here)

youtube.com/watch?v=xyjaojqkGmk&feature=related
    its a while ago, but u can't tell me there was no similarity to floyd and khan in that vid

right

so does floyd
    the difference between the 2 is floyd is more effective at not being hit on the way out.

right

(lol i stepped into the feelings zone with a 3rd post in a row lol but since i'm here)

its a while ago, but u can't tell me there was no similarity to floyd and khan in that vid

lol linking to a vid of Floyd fighting with a broken shoulder and 2 fractured ribs

youtube.com/watch?v=Dss8VYRjxKo
    he musta broke his ribs and shoulder in this fight too

youtube.com/watch?v=CYn2xZ5v8oo&feature=related
    oh look another fight where even while beating the breaks off someone he was fighting backing up

i supposed you have excuses for those as well
    or maybe you can't tell the difference between someone retreating hurt and someone retreating while boxing
    which like i said was the problem khan was faced with as he got hurt
    "scust", "uoeno" "iont" "outchea" and "talmbout" are faggot words
    seriously, when you type like an ignorant nigga your chances of being something offline are nil
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 64,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo nycest_1

who ya got tomorrow between canleo/mosley and mayweather/cotto?
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 26,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-boxing-mayweather-20120504,0,3471277.story
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. purse is record $32 million -- and climbing

By Lance Pugmire

May 4, 2012, 1:02 p.m.
    Las Vegas—
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. is guaranteed a purse of at least $32 million, the Nevada State Athletic Commission reported Friday, a record guarantee tally for the unbeaten five-division champion who'll fight Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Mayweather's pay, based on his cut of advance pay-per-view sales, will go higher when total pay-per-view buys are tallied. HBO is charging $69.95 for the bout, a World Boxing Assn. super-welterweight title defense for Cotto (37-2, 30 KOs).

Fight promoter Richard Schaefer said this week that the bout could generate more than 1.5 million buys.

The prior Nevada record for a fighter's guaranteed purse was $30 million, accomplished three times by Mike Tyson in both of his fights against Evander Holyfield and another against Frank Bruno.

The combined guaranteed purses of Mayweather and Cotto, who'll get $8 million, fell $1 million short of Nevada's total purse record, still held by Tyson and Holyfield in their June 1997 rematch at the MGM Grand, when Holyfield earned $11 million.

Mayweather (42-0, 26 KOs) is a near 8-to-1 favorite (-750) to defeat Cotto.

Nevada officials announced earlier this week that the fight's referee will be Tony Weeks, with Patricia Morse-Jarman, Robert Hoyle and Dave Moretti serving as judges.

The boxers are scheduled to weigh in Friday afternoon for the 154-pound fight.

1409138422_6755375227_o.gif
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    the weigh in will be on espn and hbo
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

right

so does floyd

right

right

so does floyd

right

lol linking to a vid of Floyd fighting with a broken shoulder and 2 fractured ribs

oh look another fight where even while beating the breaks off someone he was fighting backing up

or maybe you can't tell the difference between someone retreating hurt and someone retreating while boxing

nigga do you realize he was fighting a middeweight that fight?

lol @ him running away from Diego Corrales are you serious? Did you watch that fight?
    God damn they charging 70 for the PPV? wtf they pulled that shit with the Ortiz fight too

Weigh in starts in 1 hour, the last 24/7 is today too
  • IamNumberOneIamNumberOne Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

right

so does floyd

right

right

so does floyd

right

I brought up the Corrales fight and I got a "wack" or a "feelings" a couple pages back... lol
    2922ttu.jpg28v36n9.jpg

It's just entertainment. Don't over think it.™
    Mosley is 154.5
    I think Floyd gon come in at like 150
    Mayweather is 151
  • Art-illeryArt-illery Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather 151!? DAMN!
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhaha......mayweather cotto staredown......classic
    Lebron-Dancing.gifyaylebron_medium.gif
    tumblr_m6081lS9EE1qfiwrio1_500.gif
    IamNumberOne
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,810 Regulator
    nice floyd always cheesin
    the last 24/7 on now
    roflmao @ Cotto touching his boy ass when they playing the wii
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKPosts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cotto on some homo shit!....but how much yall think cotto and floyd will weigh come fight night?
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKPosts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to dan rafeal judah vs JMM is in the works thoughts?
  • Mr.ForteMr.Forte Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what yall hear about Nazim catching Floyd with laced gloves and him having to change. Folk on espn board going crazy bout it