What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Boxing Thread

Comments

• Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    No I think canelo will catch floyd a few times enough to where he will force floyd to fight more and box less I also think he will hurt floyd at least once in this fight if not drop floyd
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think Canelo is going to catch Mayweather once in the fight but that'll be his only highlight imo
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    i think Canelo is going to catch Mayweather once in the fight but that'll be his only highlight imo

So when he does catch him do you think it will be like when shane caight him?
  • IamNumberOne
    yea...don't think he'll get dropped
  • IamNumberOne
    plus Canelo is a cross puncher and Floyd won't be getting hit with those punches cuz of his shoulder roll....only shot i think Canelo has is that if his power is foreally real he'll take out Floyd with body shots
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    plus Canelo is a cross puncher and Floyd won't be getting hit with those punches cuz of his shoulder roll....only shot i think Canelo has is that if his power is foreally real he'll take out Floyd with body shots

Canelo has real power but you take a hell of a risk in going to the body .. which he should do and im sure hell try
  • IamNumberOne
    that's his only chance imo...high risk high reward i guess lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol 🤬 think Canelo gon win?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 know !
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather will dance on canelo no way he attempts to trade this might be his most boring fight yet
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read broner v maidana close to bein done........if canelo fight the way he did against trout he ain't winnin 🤬
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/5118/garcia-matthysse-tour-canceled
    Garcia-Matthysse tour canceled

Logistics and bickering between junior welterweight titlist Danny Garcia and interim titleholder Lucas Matthysse mean there will not be a media tour for their much-anticipated fight after all.

They meet in a significant showdown Sept. 14 (Showtime PPV) in the co-feature of the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Canelo Alvarez card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and initially, because it is such a significant fight, Golden Boy Promotions was planning a three-city media tour. (Mayweather and Alvarez did a monster 10-city tour that drew tens of thousands of fans across the country and in Mexico.)

A three-city Garcia-Matthysse tour to New York, Puerto Rico (where Garcia's family is from) and Los Angeles had been planned for early August, but fell through because Matthysse was in the middle of his training camp in Argentina and did not want to break camp for the long trip.

Instead, the alternative plan was that Matthysse would come to the United States three weeks ahead of the fight and do three cities in two days -- New York and Garcia's hometown of Philadelphia on Thursday and Los Angeles on Friday, in conjunction with the weigh-in for Saturday night's Abner Mares-Jhonny Gonzalez card. That would allow Garcia and Matthysse to also make appearances on Showtime's telecast on Saturday night, and then Matthysse would stay on the West Coast to finish his camp.

Now the tour is off entirely.

"Matthysse was OK with going to New York and Los Angeles, but he didn't want to go to Philadelphia," Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer told ESPN.com. "So I said, 'OK,' but Garcia said, 'If [Matthysse] is not going to go to Philadelphia, I don't want to go to Los Angeles and disrupt my camp with a trip cross country.' So, at the end of the day, I said forget this. I'm very busy, so if these guys don't want to do it, forget it. Maybe we'll do something with Matthysse in L.A.

"I sort of can understand why Danny doesn't want to break camp and fly across the country to do appearances and a press conference and then fly back at this time in his camp. It's a crucial time. I could probably make them do it because it says in the contract they have to do the [public relations] stuff, but I am not going to press it. My sense is that Matthysse will still come [to the United States] early though. So there's no tour, but it’ll be a great fight."
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/5135/mares-santa-cruz-is-inevitable
    Mares-Santa Cruz is inevitable

Leo Santa Cruz emerged in 2012 as one of the most exciting fighters in boxing and there is no sign of that letting up, in whichever weight class he fights in.

Last year, Santa Cruz, who throws punches non-stop, won a vacant bantamweight title and defended it three times in a series of exciting fights. He fought five times overall.

But troubled by making the 118-pound weight limit, Santa Cruz vacated his title, moved up to junior featherweight and demolished former junior bantamweight titleholder Alexander Munoz in five rounds in May on the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Robert Guerrero undercard.

Now Santa Cruz (24-0-1, 14 KOs) is set to challenge for a title in that weight class when he faces Victor Terrazas (37-2-1, 21 KOs), who will be making his first defense after winning the vacant belt via split decision against former junior bantamweight champion Cristian Mijares in April.

The fight figures to be another barn-burner and takes place Saturday night (Showtime, 10:25 ET with preliminary bouts on Showtime Extreme beginning at 8 ET/PT) at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.

Should Santa Cruz win the belt, don’t expect him to have a long reign. That is because the featherweight division will likely beckon for a major showdown with titleholder Abner Mares, should Mares (26-0-1, 14 KOs) retain his belt against former two-division titlist Jhonny Gonzalez (54-8, 46 KOs) in the main event.

Besides putting on a pair of likely action-packed fights on Saturday, Golden Boy promoter Richard Schaefer sees a Mares-Santa Cruz fight in the not-too-distant future, so what better way to lay the groundwork than by having them on the same card as a prelude?

“If that’s the biggest fight, which the fans want, the network wants, and has an opportunity to make a substantial amount of money for both fighters, then let’s do it,” Schaefer said, knowing, of course, that it will be the biggest makeable fight for both guys. “And I know that Abner and Leo are the kind of fighters that never turn down anyone. They’re always up for a challenge. Both of them are just tremendous fighters and both of them are really super nice guys outside of the ring, as well.

“They respect each other and they are both a pleasure to promote. So we at Golden Boy believe in the best fighting the best and if it’s going to happen with both of those guys, who are considered the best in these weight classes, we certainly won’t be standing in the way.”

If they both win Saturday, Mares and Santa Cruz probably would have one or two fights before they fight each other, but count on Schaefer putting it together. As Schaefer says often, he doesn’t like to let fights “marinate.”

“Let’s see what happens [Saturday]. I think both fighters should have maybe a couple or so title defenses and then we’ll see, assuming everything goes well,” Schaefer said. “But let’s do first things first.”

Mares and Santa Cruz are friendly with each other outside the ring, but that would not stand in the way of a fight between them, especially since they would both earn considerable purses.

“If everything goes good I will win the title and hope to defend it. [But] if the fans want the fight, I would want that fight,” Santa Cruz said. "He’s my friend. We talk good and everything. I wouldn’t want to fight him, but if the fans want it we’d have to give it to them, because we have to give what the fans want and if they want that fight we will make it happen.”

Terrazas and Gonzalez, of course, stand in the way. Terrazas is riding an 11-fight winning streak since 2010. Gonzalez is a big puncher with tons of experience.

“I know that with Terrazas it’s going to be a great fight. He’s a warrior,” Santa Cruz said. “He’s a Mexican fighter, he comes forward with pressure in the ring. I’m going to do the same, because I want that title. I know he wants to defend the title. I know how we are, that when we win something we don’t want to lose it and I know he had struggled a lot for to win that title and that he’s going to come 100 percent prepared too. But I’m the same. I want that title.”

Work Rate -- Active Fighters

According to Compubox, Leo Santa Cruz has boxing's highest work rate, attempting 20 percent more punches per round than the next-busiest fighter.

Fighter Punches per rd.
    Leo Santa Cruz 97
    Joseph Agbeko 78
    Alfredo Angulo 76
    Brandon Rios 76
    -- Source: Compubox
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Some body throw them lanks up foe ya neega one time forv them showtime fights later
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    🤬 know !
    Bet 200 then 🤬
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Canelo and mayweather all access airs tonight
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    Some body throw them lanks up foe ya neega one time forv them showtime fights later

who fight tonight?

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh yea!
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    T.Vick04 wrote: »

who fight tonight?

Aner mares
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Abner
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

oh yea!

What u drinki. Tonight my neega