What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Boxing Thread

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/5648/rigondeaux-to-fight-in-december
    Rigondeaux to fight in December

In April, Guillermo Rigondeaux outpointed Nonito Donaire to unify junior featherweight world titles. Although it wasn't a crowd-pleasing performance, Rigondeaux's talent is undeniable.

So when Top Rank chairman Bob Arum went to HBO to talk about his next fight -- and it was HBO that pressured Arum to make Rigondeaux-Donaire in the first place -- he was rather surprised when the network showed no interest in putting Rigondeaux back on.

The quote Arum gave me on the topic was one of his all-time classics:

"Every time I mention him, they throw up," Arum said of HBO executives.

Well, apparently those execs can now keep their food down because they have changed course and agreed to feature Rigondeaux (12-0, 8 KOs) as a headliner. Arum said that the network is giving him a date for the two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalists' next fight before the end of the year, which the network has acknowledged.

"He will definitely fight on HBO in December," Arum said.

The date will be either Dec. 7 or Dec. 14, Arum said.

"We're working on a good fight," Arum said, declining to name the prospective opponent. However, Arum did say it would not be Chris Avalos, a name floated recently as a possible Rigondeaux opponent but understandably declined by HBO.

Arum hopes to line up a fight for junior welterweight titlist Khabib Allakhverdiev (19-0, 9 KOs), a Russian southpaw, in the co-feature. He was due to fight on HBO in March in the Mike Alvarado-Brandon Rios II co-feature before an injury knocked him off the show.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I like JMM over Bradley

no black excellence?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    rewatching the fight now, Floyd beat that 🤬 ass 4th round
    Yeah those bodyshots Floyd were landing were vicious at the end of round 4.

Cats be having swollen eyes at the end of a Floyd fight saying "he really does not hit that hard", or "I did not feel his power".

So why you aint bull rush the 🤬 every round then with no regard for defense?

"Go in ya Kitchen, find the sharpest knife, and cut the 🤬 "

-Floyd

MR.CJ wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo that 🤬 at HBO ain't been fired yet ?

lmaoooo what if the floyd/manny fight gets made on showtime?

Manny still think he deserve a 50/50 split.... Floyd not giving Bob Arum a damn thing.... Somebody should have told that fool to take the 40mil Floyd offered last time... Dumb 🤬 you never made that even after pay-per-view counts... 🤬 refusing lottery tickets these days, smh
    3.gif
    Vader wrote: »
    Iknow roach said if manny getsn koed in this fight he's gonna recommend he
    Retire

And what yall think of cotto being trained by freddie roach?

I thought that cuban trainer did pretty good with cotto

Pedro Diaz trainer did good for cotto, I mean Cotto did way better than Canelo against Mayweather and damn it Roach needs a win.

Yeah Pedro was great for Miguel Cotto that was the best .. "BOXING" and im pretty sure training that hes had in his career going into that Money fight..

For the first 6 rounds of that Trout fight Cotto had it.. is till think it could have went either way or a draw..

Cotto lost his edge years ago but is a more complete fighter..

Margo psychologically damaged him as much as physically

Trout beat Cotto easily
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nacho trippin. .. did all that 🤬 work when he trained JMM on his fight with Floyd? Hell Naw
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for his fans, Floyd is on howard stern right now, sorry dont have the audio.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    for his fans, Floyd is on howard stern right now, sorry dont have the audio.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwade206 wrote: »
    rewatching the fight now, Floyd beat that 🤬 ass 4th round
    Yeah those bodyshots Floyd were landing were vicious at the end of round 4.

Cats be having swollen eyes at the end of a Floyd fight saying "he really does not hit that hard", or "I did not feel his power".

So why you aint bull rush the 🤬 every round then with no regard for defense?

"Go in ya Kitchen, find the sharpest knife, and cut the 🤬 "

-Floyd

R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo that 🤬 at HBO ain't been fired yet ?

lmaoooo what if the floyd/manny fight gets made on showtime?

Manny still think he deserve a 50/50 split.... Floyd not giving Bob Arum a damn thing.... Somebody should have told that fool to take the 40mil Floyd offered last time... Dumb 🤬 you never made that even after pay-per-view counts... 🤬 refusing lottery tickets these days, smh
    3.gif
    Iknow roach said if manny getsn koed in this fight he's gonna recommend he
    Retire

And what yall think of cotto being trained by freddie roach?

I thought that cuban trainer did pretty good with cotto

Pedro Diaz trainer did good for cotto, I mean Cotto did way better than Canelo against Mayweather and damn it Roach needs a win.

Yeah Pedro was great for Miguel Cotto that was the best .. "BOXING" and im pretty sure training that hes had in his career going into that Money fight..

For the first 6 rounds of that Trout fight Cotto had it.. is till think it could have went either way or a draw..

Cotto lost his edge years ago but is a more complete fighter..

Margo psychologically damaged him as much as physically

Trout beat Cotto easily

NO
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trout was too big for Cotto

He bullied him
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody watchin the epilogue tonight of the floyd canelo fight
  • MR.CJ
    Dan Rafael @danrafaelespn
    According to @trboxing no announcement on Chavez-Vera weight limit. Spokesman said it will be determined on Friday at the weigh in. Unreal.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    I coulda sworn I r ead somewhere it was at 170
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Chavez dumb if he keep killin himself after this fight to make 160 like arum said chavez was gonna do...chavez gon come in a cruiserweight
  • aneed123
    They change the rules for Chavez. They basically told Vera whatever I weight at the weigh in is the contracted weight smh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Floyd daughter is hilarious
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floyd daughter is hilarious

where's the blueprint?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    aneed123 wrote: »
    They change the rules for Chavez. They basically told Vera whatever I weight at the weigh in is the contracted weight smh

🤬 kinda 🤬 is that? Smh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like JMM over Bradley

anybody wanna bet?
  • MR.CJ
    aneed123 wrote: »

Dude might be 190
  • aneed123
    Vera was mad talking bout only weighting in til Fri and arum gotta pay him extra... 🤬 makes boxing look bad
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConscienceMembers Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan Rafael @danrafaelespn
    According to @trboxing no announcement on Chavez-Vera weight limit. Spokesman said it will be determined on Friday at the weigh in. Unreal.

What in the bluest of fuckfests? The 🤬 is this, 1808 where cats just scrap and weight is just some arbitrary factor? Is this a first in the modern era of boxing something like this has happened?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    First time I ever heard of it
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what weight are they fighting at?
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    over/under 177.5 for chavez..top rank making HBO look real bad and Ken Hershman might get fired; ever since they let Greenburg go their boxing programming has suffered; while Showtime been killing 🤬 this last year
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    espn.go.com/blog/boxing/post/_/id/3135/beristain-breaks-down-canelos-mistakes
    Beristain breaks down Canelo's mistakes

Canelo Alvarez suffered the first defeat of his career last Saturday against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a clinical performance that will likely be remembered as one of the unbeaten pound-for-pound king's most dominant victories.

But through the eyes of an expert like Hall of Fame trainer Nacho Beristain, Alvarez committed a series of crucial mistakes that helped take him out of the fight from the very beginning.

From Alvarez coming in without suitable preparation to his lack of control against an opponent who dominated him in every aspect from start to finish, Beristain identified five keys that ultimately led to the 23-year-old's demise.

1. He entered the ring with no clear strategy

"When Mayweather came out of the corner to attack rather than wait on the punches, that was when [Alvarez's] strategy ended and there was no definite plan. Canelo was quickly frustrated and from the time when [Mayweather's punches] came at him right on target, he already didn't know what to do. [Mayweather] broke the attack strategy with his combination of left-right hooks and [Alvarez] couldn't adapt."

2. Lack of defense

"Given a minimally effective offense, perhaps it would have been good to show some defense to see if that way he could wait for a mistake by Mayweather and use it as has happened with other fighters. But because he was getting hammered from all sides, the fighter doesn't know what to do, he loses hope and everything becomes a madhouse."

3. No control in the corner

"In that group, there's no control. It's not like throwing more gasoline on the fire, but [Mayweather] ate him up. From the beginning it was thought that Mayweather's team was better and there ended up being no comparison. There [in Mayweather's corner], everybody knows their role, and here [in Alvarez's corner] they do whatever they want."

4. He failed to take risks

"Not only did we not see a change in strategy, we did not see any other kind of combination beyond what they have taught him, which is the left-right hook. Although, if [Alvarez] had gone at it in there with everything, if he had really put on the full press, maybe even he would have knocked [Mayweather] down, but we didn't know what could have happened. Because that's easy for [Mayweather], when they go looking for him, he puts you on the canvas like Ricky Hatton or Juan Manuel [Marquez]."

5. Not prepared for Mayweather

"The questions I had increased at the time, and if the opponent that you face is not like you had been told and it turns out you don't compete in defense, that you don't compete in speed, if you don't compete in effectiveness, they didn't tell you the truth. Given that [Alvarez's corner] created false hopes, that gave us this as a result. This is not about hitting the gloves and guard -- this is about seeing each factor that can change the fight for you."

Nacho breaking down Canelo's amatuer like boxing skills.. If Canelo was smart he would dump his trainer.. and go with Nacho...

i said the same 🤬 like 30 pages ago.....🤬 dont listen.
    matter of fact alot of 🤬 been saying it. i think the only person against everyone was @R.D.

do the 🤬 still post in here since the fight?
    does he still use that one good punch canelo got on trout as a blueprint to why he would beat floyd?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy

So what weight are they fighting at?

I heard 170 but then they said thwy will decide at weigh in lol