What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Afterlife? Reincarnation? Spirits? Mummies?

13»

Comments

  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Wow that makes it seem even more 🤬 . How in the hell can you LEARN from one life to next if you cant even remember the errors you made in the past one. Thats 🤬 *n idiotic.

    I don't think you really understand it.

    There's something called hypnotic regression over thousands of years by practitioners of meditation and eastern philosophy. Stuff as such explains why children are born geniuses or with illnesses or have short lives. This is because of karma from a previous life. They may have done something last time or need to learn a certain lesson this time. A child who can play the violin at age four may have been a musician in a past life. A person who has a passion for a certain foreign country or culture may have been there last time around.

    It helps us to understand that our past lives somehow influence this one.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher, you a Buddhist?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    lol, you dont even get it..

    but i still have faith...even if i'm still learning more and moer every day what it truly is.....and i'm comfortable with that
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    So Punisher, do you believe everythig Edgar Cayce says? He also said Jesus was Adam
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    I don't think you really understand it.

    There's something called hypnotic regression over thousands of years by practitioners of meditation and eastern philosophy. Stuff as such explains why children are born geniuses or with illnesses or have short lives. This is because of karma from a previous life. They may have done something last time or need to learn a certain lesson this time. A child who can play the violin at age four may have been a musician in a past life. A person who has a passion for a certain foreign country or culture may have been there last time around.

    It helps us to understand that our past lives somehow influence this one.

    Still sounds 🤬 if you dont know what the previous transgression was.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Most are still dead just like everybody else. Only a select few have gone to Heaven. I dont subscribe to the you go to heaven when you die or hell, thats 🤬 and not the truth. You aint goin nowhere untill Jesus returns to this Earth.


    your wrong...and quite clearly you dont kno 🤬 about the bible..

    the final judgement of the dead is even spoken of in revelation, if you believe in the bible..then you believe int he second coming of christ..were the new kingdom will be establised, his saints will reign with him for 1000 years the ones he has reedeemed from the earth (the 144,000) aswell as the ones who haved died for him previous to that, then after the 1000 years will come the judgemnt of the rest of the dead...


    john 9 - 1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”


    discipled asked who sinned him or his parents ?...because it was taught that after you die you are judgeed according to your works, and then come back in another body...

    they asked if his parents had sinned, in other words...asking if he had done somethign bad in his previous life...


    mathhew 19 - 27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.


    you dont go anywhere till jesus returns ???...yes u do...the prohets are on this earth right now in the regeneration/reincarnation...says it right there ^^^


    exodus 20 - 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your 🤬 , am a jealous 🤬 , punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,




    🤬 wtf u talkin about when you say we dont remmeber nothign as a child ???...we pay for our sins from a previous life...we regernerate/reincarnate every 3-4 generations...it also tells you that in the apocypha...READ IT 🤬 .


    theres a few more i can pull out, but that will do for now...
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Still sounds 🤬 if you dont know what the previous transgression was.

    its sounds retraded because you dont read the bible...u a false prophet...all u so called african americns is walkign round happy chappy with the same people that enlsaved you...its all godo tho, cos u'll egt youre onw back pretty soon...

    isiah 14 - The offspring of the wicked

    will never be mentioned again.

    21Prepare a place to slaughter his sons

    for the sins of their forefathers;

    they are not to rise to inherit the land

    and cover the earth with their cities.

    22“I will rise up against them,”

    declares the Lord Almighty.

    “I will cut off from Babylon her name and survivors,

    her offspring and descendants,”



    read the whole chapter, its a end time prophecy...^^^



    leviticus 26 - 39Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their fathers’ sins they will waste away.

    40“‘But if they will confess their sins and the sins of their fathers—their treachery against me and their hostility toward me, 41which made me hostile toward them so that I sent them into the land of their enemies—then when their uncircumcised hearts are humbled and they pay for their sin, 42I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. 43For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. 44Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their 🤬 . 45But for their sake I will remember the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their 🤬 . I am the Lord.’”

    46These are the decrees, the laws and the regulations that the Lord established on Mount Sinai between himself and the Israelites through Moses
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i medically died and last time i got shot and had a OBE as i was being revived. i saw no dead relatives or bright lights -just a couple strange looking things floating around in the air and an apparent lack of gravity. this is just the simplified version. to sum it up, most of what you hear about the afterlife seems to be 🤬 or misunderstandings of mistranslations of ancient writings we have no current cultural context for.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    Punisher, you a Buddhist?

    LoL. Nah. But I did look into it when I was going through my "self-discovery" phase.
    So Punisher, do you believe everythig Edgar Cayce says? He also said Jesus was Adam

    "All souls were created in the beginning, and are finding their way back to whence they came."

    Edgar Cayce was a very wise, fascinating man.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    your wrong...and quite clearly you dont kno 🤬 about the bible..

    the final judgement of the dead is even spoken of in revelation, if you believe in the bible..then you believe int he second coming of christ..were the new kingdom will be establised, his saints will reign with him for 1000 years the ones he has reedeemed from the earth (the 144,000) aswell as the ones who haved died for him previous to that, then after the 1000 years will come the judgemnt of the rest of the dead...


    john 9 - 1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”


    discipled asked who sinned him or his parents ?...because it was taught that after you die you are judgeed according to your works, and then come back in another body...

    they asked if his parents had sinned, in other words...asking if he had done somethign bad in his previous life...


    mathhew 19 - 27Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.


    you dont go anywhere till jesus returns ???...yes u do...the prohets are on this earth right now in the regeneration/reincarnation...says it right there ^^^


    exodus 20 - 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your 🤬 , am a jealous 🤬 , punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,




    🤬 wtf u talkin about when you say we dont remmeber nothign as a child ???...we pay for our sins from a previous life...we regernerate/reincarnate every 3-4 generations...it also tells you that in the apocypha...READ IT 🤬 .


    theres a few more i can pull out, but that will do for now...
    LOL @ equatein Previous sins of the Father ( Seperate person ) with reincarnation. Youre 🤬 Idiot . As far as going to Heaven when you Die or Hell that is False because Lazarus had been dead for weeks when Jesus rised him from the dead he didnt even know he had died. Go read abt it stupid, how 🤬 *n dare you even try to twist he Word! Then you say as it was taught u were judged when you die 🤬 cuz that verse does not prove that in anyway! [email protected] the saints are here now 🤬 , if that were true why on Earth when King Saul called upon the spirit of Samuel why wasnt he in Heaven with 🤬 or here with the rest of the Saints and everybody else chillin. Good day sir
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    BEAM wrote: »
    If such was the case, we'd be much further along than we are now.
    A spiritual transferal of knowledge, understanding and experience over thousands and thousands of years would amass a much more impressive race of beings.

    We're not that race.

    Maybe we'd be much farther along if humans weren't such a stubborn, pigheaded, stiff necked species? Making the same mistakes over and over and over expecting different results.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    It's said he was ELijah and another guy before Elijah His name started with an A?

    elijah was john the baptist...


    luke 1 - 13But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.

    17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”


    matthew 17 9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”

    10The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

    11Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.



    mark 9 - 11And they asked him, “Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

    12Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah does come first, and restores all things. Why then is it written that the Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected? 13But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.



    lious the great is a 🤬 dammed fool...but im about to humble him real soon...lets see if he'll be man enough to apologise...even tho ive already proven him to be wrong..
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    elijah was john the baptist...


    luke 1 - 13But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.

    17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”


    matthew 17 9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”

    10The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

    11Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.



    mark 9 - 11And they asked him, “Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

    12Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah does come first, and restores all things. Why then is it written that the Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected? 13But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.



    lious the great is a 🤬 dammed fool...but im about to humble him real soon...lets see if he'll be man enough to apologise...even tho ive already proven him to be wrong..

    Something like that. I gotta go back and read myself which I don't think I'll be doing anytime soon. I have to be in a certain mood to read the bible and I'm not in that mood right now.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL @ equatein Previous sins of the Father ( Seperate person ) with reincarnation. Youre 🤬 Idiot . As far as going to Heaven when you Die or Hell that is False because Lazarus had been dead for weeks when Jesus rised him from the dead he didnt even know he had died. Go read abt it stupid, how 🤬 *n dare you even try to twist he Word! Then you say as it was taught u were judged when you die 🤬 cuz that verse does not prove that in anyway! [email protected] the saints are here now 🤬 , if that were true why on Earth when King Saul called upon the spirit of Samuel why wasnt he in Heaven with 🤬 or here with the rest of the Saints and everybody else chillin. Good day sir

    i jus proved to you that elijah was john the baptist...thats reincarnation...i already told u we reincarnate every 3-4 generations...hence why it refers to us our 'fathers'...those people you speak of like samuel were int he spirit world, their souls had'nt came back to earth yet u 🤬 🤬 ...

    you dont believe we are judged when we die ?...ok...heres a dose of ether for u...after this...i hope your man enough to apologise...


    2 corinthians 5 - 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

    to back that up....here comes some more ether for your soul...

    Ecclesiasticus (Sira) 11 - 26 For it is an easy thing unto the Lord in the day of death to reward a man according to his ways.

    hopefully , now this previous scripture that i posted will make more sense...

    john 9 - 1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”



    ^ now do you udnerstand why they asked him this ?....

    here are some more scriptures for your 🤬 ...

    revelation 1 - 7Look, he is coming with the clouds,

    and every eye will see him,

    even those who pierced him;

    and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him.

    So shall it be! Amen.



    ^^ what does it mean by 'those who peirced him' ????...its talking about the romans who crucified him n pierced him with those nails...how can they see him when he returns ???...because they are back in the reincarnation...come on man, it aint rocket science !!!


    Ecclesiastes 3 - 15Whatever is has already been,

    and what will be has been before;

    and 🤬 will call the past to account.a



    ^ self explanatory...


    like i said the final judegment comes after 1000 years of gods children (israselites) riegning with christ, those that will riegn with christ are the 12 tribes of israel (israelites, not those jewish rats in israel right now)...they will consist of the dead that have been slain because they bore testimony to his name, and the 144'000 that were sealed on the earth...and after 1000 years...the final judgement will take palce were the rest of the dead are judged...


    now lets take a look at some oif the 🤬 🤬 u've said in this thread...

    Might be who knows.

    Im a firm believer that Reincarnation is 🤬 . Im sorry that 🤬 makes absolutely no 🤬 *n sense.
    Exactly what Im sayin that 🤬 made no sense. So if I died when I was my grandfather why am currently not able to remember 🤬 *n grandma then if Im the same person or anything else of said past life as grandpa? Please explain

    9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
    10Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.


    11There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.



    ^ damn...thats ether right there

    Wow that makes it seem even more 🤬 . How in the hell can you LEARN from one life to next if you cant even remember the errors you made in the past one. Thats 🤬 *n idiotic.

    jude 1 -5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this,


    dont worry bother...the lord will wake ur 🤬 up..even if u cant remember how u 🤬 up in a previous life
    Most are still dead just like everybody else. Only a select few have gone to Heaven. I dont subscribe to the you go to heaven when you die or hell, thats 🤬 and not the truth. You aint goin nowhere untill Jesus returns to this Earth.




    sad thing is...im only using the most simplistic scriptures...because i knew the other more complicated ones would have gone waaay over your head...but basically reincarnation is all over the bible, and we pay for what we do from one life to the next...untill the day of final judgement...
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Something like that. I gotta go back and read myself which I don't think I'll be doing anytime soon. I have to be in a certain mood to read the bible and I'm not in that mood right now.
    I believe in Reincarnation all day. I believe alot of people are actually their ancestors. For instance, you might have a picture of your great great grandfather when he was 50. You might grow up thinking well damn, I resemble this guy alot. The when you are 50 you might realize, I don't resemble this guy we look exactly like. If you're spiritual you can basically sum it up to the fact that, you dont look alike but you two are one in the same. I believe this is what Jesus meant when he said their is life afterlife and the only way to know it is to die.You can't be reincarnated unless you die. I don't believe in heaven and hell, I believe the afterlife is just another life.


    ^ dont be like lious the great, keep reading bruh...u gotta get this knowled now...because we aint got long left...

    truth is...u got the spirit in u,i cna tell because you knew reincarnation was real n that it is all psiritual..without really have the tru understanding you still knew, so keep reading ya bible bruh.

    jus beware of false prophets like lious the great


    1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    then why do people swear by this stuff? I really wanna kno

    The same reason they swear by religion and other after life involving or mental traveling things. Most people cant stand not knowing what happens so they find a something to put faith into, likely the option they choose is because those around them have sold it to them nicely.