What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Weidman was destroying Silva the entire fight. Weidman is simply a better fighter than Silva in his old age. Stop the 🤬 and stop being delusional.
    Everytime I come in here you throwing shade on silva, he must have cost you a shitton of money on fights over the years. Dude lost 2 fights his entire run in UFC and one is only a technical loss. Get over it dude is GOAT.

Based off the first round, Weidman was winning.

I think Weidman was gonna work him in the second and knock him out.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was sickening. I can't get the image out of my head (gifs ain't helping)
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to drink yo milk
  • VIBE
    waste of money.

filled with free fights and one good fight which happpened to be the chicks.

can't believe fundamentals won tonight.

🤬 outta here.

time for the 20 dollar card to go into effect...

so glad i streamed it.

yall got gypt...

🤬 .

i'd be hot as hell right now.

this man done beat himself twice.
    thats the coldest champion ive ever seen gotdammit.

LOL real talk. This 🤬 gave an unknown fighter two gift Ws. I bet Dana happy as hell secretly, he would never admit it to anyone publicly but I know he happy as hell to finally move the title from silva.

Hell no, Dana ain't happy.

He legit looked disappointed and scared.

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Make sure to drink yo milk

dont matter how much milk you drink, kicking 🤬 in the shin, that is bound to happen
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC KING Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect Chael to move back to Middleweight now
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I come in here you throwing shade on silva, he must have cost you a shitton of money on fights over the years. Dude lost 2 fights his entire run in UFC and one is only a technical loss. Get over it dude is GOAT.

I'm a realist. Silva should have retired after the Chael fight. That's when it was noticeable that dude was losing a couple of steps. You have to know when to retire and not let pride get in the way.

And I actually made (a lot of) money on this fight since most fans are delusional and think Silva is still in his 20's. I mean the Silva nut hugging is beyond ridiculous. Y'all really can't see that Weidman is the better fighter?

Weidman had dude temporarily unconscious in the first round and broke his leg in the 2nd with a simple check. Weidman is clearly the better fighter in 2013.

... Silva is a GOAT, but when it's all said and done he probably won't be THE GOAT. Losing to the same person twice is not a good look, and the UFC probably hasn't reached its peak in popularity. Someone will outdo Silva's records. It might even be Weidman.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing people compare this to 🤬 Sid's broken leg. Is it just as bad or worse?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw I'm still not sold on Weidman. But if he gets past Vitor I will be.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about destroying. Destroying is what Hall did to Leben. Weidman was winning, but that doesn't mean anything as there are plenty of fights where Silva lost the first round and turned it around in later rounds.

We'll see if Weidman gets past Vitor.

If I'm not mistaken, Weidman caused Silva to lose consciousness for a quick second when they were standing. Silva was getting worked.

Also, y'all seem to forget that Weidman is undefeated and a very well-rounded fighter. He's not some scrub who got lucky.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about destroying. Destroying is what Hall did to Leben. Weidman was winning, but that doesn't mean anything as there are plenty of fights where Silva lost the first round and turned it around in later rounds.

We'll see if Weidman gets past Vitor.

If I'm not mistaken, Weidman caused Silva to lose consciousness for a quick second when they were standing. Silva was getting worked.

Also, y'all seem to forget that Weidman is undefeated and a very well-rounded fighter. He's not some scrub who got lucky.

Its because of who he beat. He got a title shot quietly after he ko'd Munoz. Then AS gave him some free shots and paid for it
  • Jewpac
    Jewpac Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Weidman VS Silva 3 is gonna be dope
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    And I forgot Machida is a middleweight now too, who is probably a bigger threat to Weidman than Vitor. If Weidman is the real deal like some are claiming he'll certainly get more opportunities to prove it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That check was picture perfect tho.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VIBE
    Y'all are cry babies.

Weidman still has 🤬 to prove, facing the upcoming contenders will test that.

But there's no doubt that he did, indeed, defeat Silva.

He knocked him out the first time around. That clowning 🤬 doesn't matter, Silva lost. That wasn't "luck".

This time around he just about did the same 🤬 . Dude dropped Silva and pounded his face into the mat. Luckily, the ref didn't stop it. (thanks to Dana)

He clearly won the first round.

Of course, winning via opponent injury isn't something to jump for joy over, Weidman showed he can overpower Silva.

This doesn't take away from Silvas career, though. It doesn't render him a 🤬 fighter. He's one of the greatest to ever do it. Every champ will fall, a lot of them fall hard.

These wins aren't "lucky". He won rounds, therefore he doesn't win by just luck. I would grant it luck if Silva whooped his ass in round 1 then broke his leg later, THAT'S luck.

Now, Weidman has more to prove with Vitor next in line.

But like I said earlier, "meh, he got lucky" will haunt him. That's 🤬 .
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Anderson should be heading into surgery within the hour according to Dana
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope they dont threaten to amputate like they did with shaun livingston
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    huey wrote: »
    hope they dont threaten to amputate like they did with shaun livingston

he tore everything in his knee (ACL, mcl, Plc, tendons, cartilage and well as breaking the patella bone). I think Silva broke the bone.. it should not be a amputee type injury if he was younger imo he could still come back and fight
  • [Deleted User]
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Ronda Rousey vs Sara McMann for February