What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Brock could take a punch he could have had atleast a chance at making a killing in this era. They weren't even allowed to hit him in the head while training.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    If Brock could take a punch he could have had atleast a chance at making a killing in this era. They weren't even allowed to hit him in the head while training.

cs that was his weakness

soon as he got hit he dropped into the fetal position, a big bad brute scared to get hit in the face smh
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConscienceMembers Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Bet Dana feels like a complete 🤬 now. St. Pierre quits indefinitely. Anderson loses the belt AND breaks his leg in the rematch. Should've made that super fight while he could. All this "Oh, they need to face *insert somebody with no real name value* person" just legit 🤬 the sport in the face.

How you let two super champions come and go with no Arum or host of WBA/WBC/IBF/IOA/LMNOP fuckton of divisions ruining the matchup is beyond me.
    Somw People on sherdog are like this is an end to an era ,I'm boxing fan but I love the dig at the multiple alphabet soup world championships and Bob arum lol.

It is an end to an era most definitely or at least a reset. The odds of one guy going years between losses while dominating in MMA is astronomical. To have two of the three and not have that super fight happen is just 🤬 .

We are YEARS away from seeing something like this be potentially made again.
    here's the post I was referring to
    2013-12-29124049_zpse5c57c29.png

I'm not going to say all that because that's just illogical reasoning. Anderson was just some Brazilian with some crazy highlights when he got to UFC. It wasn't until he started dismantling people for YEARS until his legend was solidified. GSP was just some French Canadian 🤬 until he dethroned Matt Hughes and started wrecking shop.

Every champion is just "some guy" until he proves otherwise, so I'm not going the revisionist route and fronting like I knew day one Silva would've been this dominate when I saw him take Rich Franklin apart or that GSP would still be here after the Hughes fight like most of these dudes.

If Weidman beat Silva decisively, he'd be that dude, but he can't erase Silva's run with a knockout in the middle of Silva's 🤬 sway routine and a broken leg that Silva broke himself and expect people to suddenly 🤬 . In five years, if he's still champ, fans can start that who got next chant. Until then, HORRIBLE break for the champ, but it might be motivation to stay hungry and stay trying to prove he's the man.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Sad to see that happen but Anderson's time was up in the sport. I don't think his or GSPs heart was really in it anyway at this point. I honestly believe he was more relieved in losing the belt but pressured into the rematch by pride ( not going out by defeat) and others wanting to avenge the loss. whatever on that tho.

But, is it legit to attempt to check leg kicks with your knee (joint)? or is there a technique in turning it a certain way. No mma expert, but that seems dodgy to me from the outside looking in. seems to me if other fighters tried this on say Aldo, their knees would go catastrophic.

As far as the UFC, they will be all good. The sport is evolving to the point where it's legitimized now. legends are aging out and exiting while others are being made.
  • Will Munny
    The kick boxing guys on here know way more that I do but yeah it's a legit technique.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn 🤬 sucks it went down like that. No one should want to see a great career end in that fashion. That's the fight game though. 🤬 like that can happen.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Lol @ people already taking about Weidman vs Jones "superfight".

Lets see Weidman get passed Vitoroid and/or Machida first b4 we even consider it.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    The kick boxing guys on here know way more that I do but yeah it's a legit technique.

it was a clean check.

remember , in muay thai we attack with our knees and elbows.

or defense is a form of offense.

we block with shin, knee, elbow and forearm.

so yes... weidman beat silva.

Thanks.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they want him to be the great white hope.

its not about it coming back to america...its about it coming back to white
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Ultimately Silva has himself to blame for taking Weidman so lightly in the first place. If he had actually showed up in the first fight he may have still been champ. Him 🤬 around in the first fight and getting stretched allowed Weidman to become acclimated to fighting him, i.e. the checking leg kicks (which he did not do in the first fight).

Not to mention the repercussions getting knocked out had on his chin.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I agree that Weidman beat Silva. The ending was pretty flukey, but that doesn't change the fact that Weidman is the victor. And the idea that blocks are offense as well as defense isn't a Muay Thai thing. It should a "striking" thing. There is a such thing as passive blocking where you are just trying to minimize the damage done to you. There is also active blocking where you are essentially attacking you opponent while defending against their attacks.

All that said, I'm not going to sit here and act like Weidman checked that kick in any special way or with any intention of damaging Silva the way he did. Silva's leg breaking was really just a stroke of luck for Weidman, but a lucky stroke that was only possible because of his skill.

• Will Munny
    If you check someone's leg kicks like Weidman did tho, good chance they stop throwing leg kicks. Silva is da 🤬 but his run was up and it ended very. That's a game. MMA is a brutal sport and everyone has a shelf life.
  • The Lonious Monk
    To be honest, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. Silva's legs have always looked small to me. I always wondered how he could get away with throwing kicks like he does without hurting himself more.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe its me but uh..

the only way i would feel i won this fight is if i was scared of the 🤬 to begin with.

other than that i wanna be the best by decisively beating the best...i wanna hold my head up knowing i whipped dat ass....not winning on a fluke.

a true champion would feel robbed of his true victory.

i guess when your have a corner who doesnt like your opponent (for other reasons)and a fighter who doesnt like his opponent(for toher reasons)...they dont care as long as they got the win
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silva's run was up. Weidman would have beat him regardless. He is too strong and too skilled for Silva's current old man status.

And y'all in here whining about all this lucky 🤬 , at what point do your realize that Silva was getting his ass whooped in the rounds they did finish out? In the first round of the first fight, Weidman won. In the first round of the 2nd fight, Weidman won even more decisively.

And let's not act like Silva doesn't have a couple of "fluke" wins himself. That kick on Vitor would not happen again and his triangle on Chael in the 5th was some luck 🤬 .
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I think the difference between Silva and Weidman is Silva actually made a career out of "flukes".

When you finish people in all kinds of improbable ways for 7+ years with no losses, things start looking less flukeish and more, that's just how your cut.

If Weidman goes on to have even half the career Silva had/has then we can start comparing them. Personally I'm not buying this "new breed" rhetoric and I think Vitor is going to starch him.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed the fight... Just caught a reply...

kevin-hart-tare.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    I think the difference between Silva and Weidman is Silva actually made a career out of "flukes".

When you finish people in all kinds of improbable ways for 7+ years with no losses, things start looking less flukeish and more, that's just how your cut.

If Weidman goes on to have even half the career Silva had/has then we can start comparing them. Personally I'm not buying this "new breed" rhetoric and I think Vitor is going to starch him.

i have seen him stop people in crazy fashion an his power was shown and his skill were shown also.

i think the problem alot of people have is like you said....dude is not the future until he proves it.

ok ok ok

we can give him the fluke win....but i would not say he is the future yet.

and plus i still have problem with his unsportsmanlike corner. that is the same 🤬 people got mad at Adrien broner for.
  • [Deleted User]
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weidman is the new Matt Serra.. We shall see, in any event he got the win. It's on his resume and you can't take it off.

Let's see how the cat fares. I'll be laughing my ass off if Vitor takes the strap from him.
  • Will Munny
    If you really liked Silva, wouldn't you want his usurper to be really good and hold the belt for a while? Otherwise it really just looks like Silva's time was up.
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    jono wrote: »
    Weidman is the new Matt Serra.. We shall see, in any event he got the win. It's on his resume and you can't take it off.

Let's see how the cat fares. I'll be laughing my ass off if Vitor takes the strap from him.

Weidman, (who ironically was trained by Sierra) is not the new Matt Sierra. There were people that thought Weidman was a legitimate threat against Silva and based on the fights he had including the two against Silva those views were valid.

Not a got damn soul (even this own mother) thought Sierra was gonna win against GSP. THAT was a true upset.