What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Post your controversial/unpopular hip hop opinions in this thread

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 said Drake is the best and curren$y has no bars...

This is a very 'eco' friendly opinion lmao
  • yellowtapesport
    Jay Z should have smacked the dogg 🤬 outta Solange in that elevator
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta get some weed before I come back in here
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiz Kalifah is 🤬 doo doo & been doo. I have never & probably will never see the big deal with him. Just cause we both potheads don't mean 🤬 . 🤬 wack
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That WWE fan know wassup...
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    - New Orleans Bounce Music heavily influenced Crunk music and southern music in general

Shameless plug

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/527890/new-orleans-rap-hip-hop-bounce-90s-appreciation-thread/p1
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new Kendrick really ain't that good. And that's coming from a Kendrick fan.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    That new Kendrick really ain't that good. And that's coming from a Kendrick fan.

finally HONESTY...🤬 !
  • yellowtapesport
    Cuz a 🤬 wear a kufi it dont mean that he bright...
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    - Ludacris is top 10 BEST rappers TODAY and definitely going down as one of the GOATs, he is the most underrated GOAT of the new age, it's like 🤬 forgot he's been multi-platinum and has dropped southern classics

- Big KRIT will never be GOAT because he gives all his music away for free and when he drops albums expects fans to cop. Rap fans are the WOAT and will actually wait until he drops another free album before they support KRIT. Then they'll complain why KRIT don't sell (this doesn't apply to anyone who supported and bought Cadillactica)

- Drake is one of the best rappers out today PERIOD, he's really in a tier of his own like him or not

- Jay-Z lost to NaS read it and weep Church of Jayhova Witnesses

- 50 Cent is not to blame for NY's fall, the selfishness and competitiveness of NY rap is to blame. 50 Cent never started any of his battles EXCEPT for Ja Rule, that means everybody who came at him was envious of his success.

- Kendrick Lamar is going to be one of the top 5 GOATs when it's all said and done, he will surpass many of today's rappers lyrically and creatively including Jay-Z and Eminem

- we are in a golden era in Hip-Hop

- Curren$y is all production no bars

- Lupe Fiasco is overly sensitive and prolly has mental health issues, he wants to be independent but still marketed like a star. He preaches about going against a corporatism but is signed to a major. Go figure.

- Lil Wayne is one of the greatest rappers of all time and will show and prove it when he leaves Cash Money

- Snoop Dogg is a pop culture icon and more recognized around the world than a Jay-Z and Eminem he will have more longevity than them before and after death

- Boyz II Men could have surpassed The Beattles if not for them splitting up (go head nosign this, the fact that they single handedly spawned the boy band crazy of the 90s is proof of just a small piece of their influence tho)

- Chris Brown is overrated and he's DONE he hasn't gone platinum in nearly a decade

- T.I. snitched

- Rihanna is going to become a bigger pop culture icon than Madonna and will be the "Angelina Jolie" of the new generation

- New Orleans Bounce Music heavily influenced Crunk music and southern music in general

- Techno or house music is NOT euro-trash or euro music - in fact, House Music was created by black people in Chicago, 🤬 just forgot it's roots

- Fabolous is one of the GOAT NY rappers and could still take the crown if he cared about it now, he's taken advantage of every trend in Hip-Hop, he was selling platinum and gold albums consistently, has hits all across the board and even dominated the mixtape game for a while. He's never really fell off, like Ludacris he just took time away to focus on his business. The recent success of his mixtape shows he STILL got it

- most of your favorite rappers are probably bisexual and show it in the most subtle ways but it goes over people's heads or they don't even realize it at all. Everybody in the industry knows who they are but don't say 🤬 because their jobs would be in jeopardy.

- Tyga is a good rapper he just needs a mentor to properly craft and hone his sound and show him how to apply content and properly exercise his delivery to get the most out of his sound and albums. If he had like a KRS-1, maaaybe Kanye West or a Pharrell working with him he could find his lane and become a better rapper.

- if Big KRIT had the right CEO and label situation he could surpass his peers or at least enter the same ranks as him but to do that he needs to stop giving away free music

- Wiz Khalifa could have been the richest underground rapper of all time and he is using hard drugs at this point (🤬 and other hard drugs, he's probably lacing his weed with it too, look at how his music has changed, he's past his prime)

- Good Kid Maad City, So Far Gone, Friday Night Lights, Take Care, Kush & OJ, are classics to their respective genres and yes some of them are mixtapes. 90s elitists refuse to acknowledge this because they are simply being elitists.....

- Tupac & Biggie cannot be compared EVER but as a total package rapper Pac was better, as a lyricist Big was waaaay better

- Rick Ross has fallen off & will be more of a "Jermaine Dupri" from here on out

- Lloyd Banks is a better than 90% of the lyricists in NY

Nah homie

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/516650/random-curren-y-bars-thread/p1

• yellowtapesport
    Jay Z made BMW X5 and Range Rover 4.0 completely UNcoppable for dudes
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Members Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the the majority of the message board's preference in hip hop is wack
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When 🤬 start saying 🤬 like " you got to listen to it carefully to get it" or "that album is fearless" theyre making excuses for wack 🤬

If the lyrics are extra cerebral and require extensive interpretation AND the production is wack then the muthafucka who made it just should have put the words in a damn book
  • yellowtapesport
    Tupac prob couldn't fight and would not act out like he did if he was by himself.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac prob couldn't fight and would not act out like he did if he was by himself.
    2 Pac shot 2 cops . Nuff said.
  • yellowtapesport

Doesn't dispute what I said.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood the hype wit kendrick lamar duke is an average rappa and that section 80 tape & gcmk album is trash.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to listen to run the jewels 2 and damn near fell asleep. 🤬 was boring to me.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭

He didn't know they were cops. He was trying to stay alive
  • power_wisdom
    Say What wrote: »

No he was coming to the aid of another black man they wasn't beating on.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    🤬 said Drake is the best and curren$y has no bars...

This is a very 'eco' friendly opinion lmao

No I said Drake is on a tier of his own and is one of the best doing it right now. I'm not even a fan, that's an objective truth but like the thread title says it's controversial to say cuz 🤬 feel a way LOLOLOLOL. Out of the new age rappers let's be honest none of them are on his level yet, he's scratching at Jay & Ye's heels competitively and already going at them on records. Every album he's dropping is going multiplatinum, 🤬 & 🤬 are quoting his lines on social media like a Martin Luther King speech SMMFH, he's making the most money, I mean it is what it is. Besides him being a goof and lame Drake got the rock right now.

IMHO Curren$y is mostly renowned for his production not really lyrics. He's lukewarm at best lyrically. He might have some cool lines here and there but they hardly memorable, yall gotta admit he can go way harder than he do. But hey to each his own LOLOL.
  • Say What
    Say What wrote: »

No he was coming to the aid of another black man they wasn't beating on.

He still didn't know they were cops
  • power_wisdom
    The point was he wasn't a punk.
  • Say What
    He wasn't superthug either and for some reason that's what people want to make him
  • power_wisdom
    Well you show me someone who shot two cops, went head up against Biggie who was clearly better. I'm not a big Pac fan, but he was always in trouble, getting locked up and saying what he wanted. I didn't know him, but he live what he talked about more than a lot of these rappers.