What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Recommend A Book

2»

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,467 Regulator
    Sion if you've read either which do you like better the 48 Laws of Power or the 33 Strategies of War? Also you never answered if you read the 50th Law by Robert Greene with 50 Cent? That's one of my favorite books

currently I'm reading this on the subway:

The-Little-Book-That-Still-Beats-the-Market-Greenblatt-Joel-9780470624159.jpg

Oh shnap my bad chief, I liked the 33 Strategies of War more than the 48 Laws of Power. 48 was great too but I like how Greene also incorporated sort of the mental element and that the story about the dude who said he swallowed a horse and carriage had me nearly in tears LOLOLOLOL. I read the 50th Law back when it came out, took me 2 days to finish it, it was great. I love the concept of the book, I hope Fif and Greene do another.

I gotta check out Joel Greenblatt's book, he's a legend.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    blakfyahking
  • illmatic7illmatic7 Posts: 9
    Ken Fisher's books: "Debunkery" and "The Only Three Things You Need to Know About the Market." Especially "Debunkery."
    2. Barton Bigg's "Hedgehogging.
    3. The Ben Graham Book: "The Intelligent Investor."
    4. Michael Lewis': Liar's Poker
    5. The BIg Short:
    6. "The Quants": Patterson
    7. "A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market": Paulous
    8. "A Demon of our own Design": Bookstaber
    9. "Snowball" The Buffet bio

Sionblack caesarUnderMiSensiThatDamnJay
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,467 Regulator
    illmatic7 wrote: »
    illmatic7 wrote: »
    Ken Fisher's books: "Debunkery" and "The Only Three Things You Need to Know About the Market." Especially "Debunkery."
    2. Barton Bigg's "Hedgehogging.
    3. The Ben Graham Book: "The Intelligent Investor."
    4. Michael Lewis': Liar's Poker
    5. The BIg Short:
    6. "The Quants": Patterson
    7. "A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market": Paulous
    8. "A Demon of our own Design": Bookstaber
    9. "Snowball" The Buffet bio

CLASSIC BOOK

Good drop fam...

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wealthy barber
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • UnderMiSensiUnderMiSensi Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    31x9al4yk5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^ This book got me started in accounting concepts and finance. It was clear, concise and informative with it's examples and real life scenarios

effective-executive1-198x300.jpg

^ This book helped me understand better time management and how to make better decisions effectively. It's about being a more effective business person in terms of time, strategy, decision making, and discipline overall to get things done. It's a good book and the author Peter F. Drucker is a genius at management principles.

I recommend both these books to entrepreneurs or people thinking about starting a business so they can acquire the business accounting/finance terminology and learn what mind frame they need in order to execute business decisions/strategies.
    292733.jpg
    Chess_Moors.jpeg

moorishpower.jpg

moorshead1.jpg
    blakfyahking
  • aka_OGaka_OG Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    untitled.JPG

Good read so far
    tumblr_mkvhrvXmjR1s39zqwo1_400.jpg
    "Mastery" by Robert Greene

It is the best book I have ever read in my life...... it's just incredible.

That's all I can say yall........

BigBallsNoWorriestraestar
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • F15CHER FOOLF15CHER FOOL Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Never new Robert had a book out called 33 strategies of war I read 48 laws of power & 50 laws of power as for as the financial books I don't think any applies to me so for besides extraordinary delusion but I didn't read pass the first post so I'm going to keep reading till something catches my attention I'm not in to self help books but then again I like reading anything
  • KrazySpadeKrazySpade Posts: 52
    Anything by Robert Greene even "The Art of seduction" can be very useful in the business world.
    Outliers, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
    Purple Cow, Linch Pin, Permission Marketing, Tribes by Seth Godin

These have all been helpful to me as a young entrepreneur just starting my own business.
  • stackmaster 313stackmaster 313 DetroitPosts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The secret
    The power
    anything from Robert Kiyosaki
    Russell Simmons books
    think and grow rich

All the books have the same message the law of attraction invest in yourself
    etc. You can read a million books but if you dont apply it why read. Also come to your own conclusions on what you read an gained from it. The written word is more powerful then you can imagine.

Real love Ava Muhammad
    Art of the deal
    networking books
    robert Green books

The books an author's that get the most hate an criticism.
    Sion
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    I would highly recommend to read The Economist each week. the ability to truly understand and keep on top of developments in the external environment is crucial and The Economist is where its at. it will take the entire week to read an issue and then by the time you're done the next week's issue will be out. This level of information will purge your mind from all the light-weight headline grabbing info you're exposed to every day on TV and the internet or normal newspapers.

think of it like this: every CEO is reading this, they are keeping the current issue of The Economist by their night stand and taking it with them wherever they go all week long. If you want to view the world like a CEO, read The Economist, I can't stress it enough!

Also, Harvard Business Review.

ok.. beyond that, couple of nice websites I've been reading lately:

www.wallstreetoasis.com
    www.fatwallet.com
    1282364369474.gif
    Valentinez A. Kaiserblakfyahking
  • F15CHER FOOLF15CHER FOOL Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Never new Robert had a book out called 33 strategies of war I read 48 laws of power & 50 laws of power as for as the financial books I don't think any applies to me so for besides extraordinary delusion but I didn't read pass the first post so I'm going to keep reading till something catches my attention I'm not in to self help books but then again I like reading anything
  • Sexy26Sexy26 ATlPosts: 38
    Addicted by zane
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins

Airframe by Michael Crichton

The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield

"Prey" series by John Sandford

"A Song of Ice and Fire" series by GRRM
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo can this be placed outside in the GNS for about 3 days to see what it does...

I done copped and read like 6 books outta this thread alone in the past 2 months
    KrazySpade wrote: »
    Anything by Robert Greene even "The Art of seduction" can be very useful in the business world.
    Outliers, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
    Purple Cow, Linch Pin, Permission Marketing, Tribes by Seth Godin

These have all been helpful to me as a young entrepreneur just starting my own business.

Found this at my friends house earlier today, this might be next in line
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires

Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons in Life by Richard Branson

50th Law
    You Down to Travel?

I've been International since I was 16

Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

at my Travel Blog right here

htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    traestar
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4
2»