What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Black people dont care when we murder each other...

2»

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep...just attended a stop the violence rally ... so yea black people are obviously ok with black/black crime...

ether-i-am wrote: »
    Ether I gotta ask, what more do you think we should and could do about black on black violence?

Cuz I wont sit here and act like the 🤬 isn't a problem mind you, but any solution I can think of is asking Black people to be extraordinary and do something no other race can or should be expected to do. And before you say "well Koreans/Chinese/Latinos/Arabs or whatever don't have as bad a problem with this as Blacks do" keep in mind our circumstances ARE COMPLETELY different than quite possibly any other race/ethnicity on the planet.
    Ether I gotta ask, what more do you think we should and could do about black on black violence?

Cuz I wont sit here and act like the 🤬 isn't a problem mind you, but any solution I can think of is asking Black people to be extraordinary and do something no other race can or should be expected to do. And before you say "well Koreans/Chinese/Latinos/Arabs or whatever don't have as bad a problem with this as Blacks do" keep in mind our circumstances ARE COMPLETELY different than quite possibly any other race/ethnicity on the planet.

Well first off we have to recognize that there's are major flaws in our mentality. We blame outsiders for what we do on the inside them want outsiders to fix it and if they don't we just say they don't care about us and leave the problems as is. There's no responsibility as a community. We think community center will stop the violence and other petty 🤬 . We don't accept constructive criticism when 🤬 is obviously not working. We have to stop claim all the negative 🤬 as being part of our culture. We need to stop supporting, endorsing, encouraging those that destroy the communities. If they get locked up 🤬 em. You new the justice system was 🤬 up before you became a criminal. You chose that.

Snitch! 🤬 Tell. Everyone. At the same time. Even if it's your kin. We have to start showing WE won't tolerate the 🤬 anymore!

No rallies! No slogans! No press conferences! No fund raisers!

self accountability is important but its not that easy. lol... unless you totally wanna ignore the past 600 yrs of american history...you know how systematically blacks have been 🤬 of our heritage, freewill, rights and self worth

your right about one thing though, rallies and slogans can only do so much

what we really need to do is demand education reform from local and federal officials, because ignorance breeds poverty and crime ... we need to demand accountability and harsher penalties for perpetrators of police brutality, because police brutality begets more police brutality and fuels distrust between citizens/police force...we need to reform are drug policies which disproportionately targets minorities and perpetuates gang warfare... we need to demand that banks who commit predatory lending practices, that have disproportionately target blacks, to be prosecuted by the full extent of the law...

changing our mentality first, does not address the root of our problems bruh... since we were freed no matter how hard people have tried, “getting it together” as a people has never happened because of the system... sounds like a losing battle, but until there is change the cycle of disadvantage, poverty and crime within the black community will continue to repeat itself.

but it is 2012 tho

at what point do we take an honest look at ourselves first tho?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep...just attended a stop the violence rally ... so yea black people are obviously ok with black/black crime...

Well first off we have to recognize that there's are major flaws in our mentality. We blame outsiders for what we do on the inside them want outsiders to fix it and if they don't we just say they don't care about us and leave the problems as is. There's no responsibility as a community. We think community center will stop the violence and other petty 🤬 . We don't accept constructive criticism when 🤬 is obviously not working. We have to stop claim all the negative 🤬 as being part of our culture. We need to stop supporting, endorsing, encouraging those that destroy the communities. If they get locked up 🤬 em. You new the justice system was 🤬 up before you became a criminal. You chose that.

Snitch! 🤬 Tell. Everyone. At the same time. Even if it's your kin. We have to start showing WE won't tolerate the 🤬 anymore!

self accountability is important but its not that easy. lol... unless you totally wanna ignore the past 600 yrs of american history...you know how systematically blacks have been 🤬 of our heritage, freewill, rights and self worth

what we really need to do is demand education reform from local and federal officials, because ignorance breeds poverty and crime ... we need to demand accountability and harsher penalties for perpetrators of police brutality, because police brutality begets more police brutality and fuels distrust between citizens/police force...we need to reform are drug policies which disproportionately targets minorities and perpetuates gang warfare... we need to demand that banks who commit predatory lending practices, that have disproportionately target blacks, to be prosecuted by the full extent of the law...

changing our mentality first, does not address the root of our problems bruh... since we were freed no matter how hard people have tried, “getting it together” as a people has never happened because of the system... sounds like a losing battle, but until there is change the cycle of disadvantage, poverty and crime within the black community will continue to repeat itself.

but it is 2012 tho

yea ... holding each other and ourselves accountable for our actions is important ... but if a factory is producing faulty products...you first must change its practices and hire new management, before faulting the workers, right? ...or you can't just 🤬 an ant infestation in your house without cleaning your house regularly and than not expecting any ants to return, right?.... so the logic that the people must first somehow “fix themselves” as the first step, before they can change the larger conditions people find themselves in, reverses cause and effect ...and directs attention and resources away from the root of the problems which plague us and have helped to create these conditions in the first place...

bigger picture the system that causes and enforces these conditions has to first change and that's when we a community will prosper for the long term and not just a select few ..

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

but it is 2012 tho

yea ... holding each other and ourselves accountable for our actions is important ... but if a factory is producing faulty products...you first must change its practices and hire new management, before faulting the workers, right? ...or you can't just 🤬 an ant infestation in your house without cleaning your house regularly and than not expecting any ants to return, right?.... so the logic that the people must first somehow “fix themselves” as the first step, before they can change the larger conditions people find themselves in, reverses cause and effect ...and directs attention and resources away from the root of the problems which plague us and have helped to create these conditions in the first place...

bigger picture the system that causes and enforces these conditions has to first change and that's when we a community will prosper for the long term and not just a select few ..

but the problem at this point is that we are the factory

we are the ones producing these faulty products

this ain't 1956 LOL

I could see how the impact of institutional racism still gives us glass ceilings to break in 2012

but now it's starting to be a plain cultural issue that black people seem to perpetuate more than external actors

the roots of the problem are now internal

schools ain't teaching us 🤬 of significance

but we can admit that school isn't teaching some of the fuckery that the black community continues to celebrate today

we are the only race still looking for a "leader" to take us somewhere
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea but a kingdom divided amongst itself cannot stand

The individualistic attitude of our brethen has become intolerable

It's not a cultural issue, its still a racial issue

That's a slap to so many brothers and sisters who died at the hands of explicit ignorance

No schools aren't teaching that 🤬 -when did they ever really? The dumbing down of the nation is imperative to commence its insufferable acts not disclosed to the general public. Its simple mathematics. You create an environment of a dog eat dog world and watch people tear themselves apart. This is simple war tactics that has been employed over the centuries. Not only do they do this to the black population, they do the same thing to other countries. (diplomacy in Iraq? what a joke). They have intelligently phased out racism in the minds of many. Now if you scream "racist" they have a 🤬 to say "stop complaining and do what I did to make it". Alot of black folks think 🤬 is all good. Yet our culture has assimilated so many persuasions from the very ones who imposed their will and hatred on us. The war is not over, but its proposed as if we are in a post racist era, which we are not. The system is just more sophisticated. It's more discreet. False hope is given out for pennies on the dollar. You can take the same steps as whites take and you will be accepted among them. You will make good. If that is so possible, then why so many of our brothers who take that route end up sounding like their racist counterparts who took them under their wing?

So yes, we do need a leader and as well as we need listeners. Because individually we are not on one accord. You got blacks who believe that they are accepted in society due to a social status. And you got blacks who cannot comprehend anything beyond the presence of a street life. Both are prisoners to the same system. Both contribute not to the advancement of their own kind, but to the effort of supporting the system in place.

• desertrain10
    edited March 2012

but it is 2012 tho

but the problem at this point is that we are the factory

we are the ones producing these faulty products

this ain't 1956 LOL

I could see how the impact of institutional racism still gives us glass ceilings to break in 2012

but now it's starting to be a plain cultural issue that black people seem to perpetuate more than external actors

the roots of the problem are now internal

schools ain't teaching us 🤬 of significances

but we can admit that school isn't teaching some of the fuckery that the black community continues to celebrate today

we are the only race still looking for a "leader" to take us somewhere

@ bolded...right, a high school education should prepare you to pursue a college degree which triples your employment opportunities and ultimately improves you and your family's standard of living...so yea the public school system is not preparing our children for the job market let alone college specially black children

also...

blacks have the highest unemployment rate, study after study shows employers to be more likely to hire a white person with a criminal record than a black person without one...black people face the highest levels of racial residential segregation in the world, driven into neglected neighborhoods lacking decent parks and grocery stores and often with no hospitals at all...lack of affordable healthcare means black infants face mortality rates comparable to those in the third world countries...and the schools are more segregated than they have been since the 60s with predominantly black schools receiving fewer resources and set up to fail. schools that often resemble prisons with metal detectors and kids getting stopped and frisked on their way to class by uniformed police who patrol their halls. and spend around half as much per pupil as those in middle class suburbs ...the criminal justice system is rigged...

its more than obvious our community starting with our youth is not valued and really have nothing to lose under this system. and never have been... so its not surprising they have little self worth and rebel against the mainstream

and could you fault a young black teen whose parents were out the picture for w/e reason ( busy w/work, on drugs, etc) for embracing street life in these substandard conditions?

hell i live outside detroit. once the murda capital. smdh ...and what last year they closed like half the cities schools and cut funding. even though we have one of the highest illiteracy and drop out rates in the country....
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "its more than obvious our community starting with our youth aren't valued and really have nothing to lose under this system. and never have been... so its not surprising they have little self worth and rebel against the mainstream"

Self worth is obscured. My people are treated like animals.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 was killing 🤬 in da 50's 60's too but it was over shadowed by the civil rights movement... it's jus when we got our rights they wanted 2 play on our stereotype that we was "animals" and with the addition of modern poverty and drugs ect the book wrote itself...
  • damobb2deep
    but 🤬 are poorer then they was then too... (in retrospect)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If gang members is killing gang members 🤬 it, let them. They are the worst of society anyways.

Anybody that commits senseless violence everyday should be killed.

What has a gang member every do to help society regardless of race? Nothing so 🤬 'em.
  • damobb2deep
    lol like I've said most people that post on here on the daily are ether not from the hood or "made it out" (my self included even tho they consider the part of Washington I stay "hood" smh) 🤬 in da hood got bigger problems den what yall try and make them have... u 🤬 talkin bout " why they dressing like that.. or why they killing each other... hey I could be a robbery... maybe dat 🤬 did somthing 2 dat person... u never kno... real talk dat "stop da violence" 🤬 sounds good on paper but u gotta notice dat 🤬 have died living dat life and 🤬 don't 4get that... so i'm supposta 4get that this 🤬 killed my 🤬 ? or my fam? gtfoh... that is a strong emotion u can get ova.. and honestly the only way it can get better is prolly centuries from now when policies change and at least the 2020 babies are damn near dead...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If gang members is killing gang members 🤬 it, let them. They are the worst of society anyways.

Anybody that commits senseless violence everyday should be killed.

What has a gang member every do to help society regardless of race? Nothing so 🤬 'em.

It matters because their actions are effecting the lives of civilians. Why should a hard working home owner have to go a buy extra security for his home because of these 🤬 ? Why should parents fear letting their Kids play outside? Why should they fear that their kids become part of the problem? Should they just step over the bodies while going into the grocery store because it's only another gang member?

Wtf is you talking bout?

How is this a reponse to my post?

Bruh all i did was make a statement in how I feel and you made a 🤬 rebuttal to what I said. Did you not read it?
  • damobb2deep
    they have plenty of problems... like security.. lots of 🤬 start clicks or fall in dat life style.. it's not a choice... den also u have 2 realize if u was in dat situation what would u do.... most 🤬 rob cuz dey NEED not want.. u got 🤬 dat rob cuz dey on some bully 🤬 too don't get me wrong but that's few and in between... also ok like I said b4 if u robbed a 🤬 there is a chance he could want 2 🤬 u... now u may say "he deserves it" but what if he did it cuz his daughter needed her meds cuz she sick? or he does get murked.. that's another statistics... they never tell u WHY 🤬 get murked...jus the numbers.... every situation in da hood has a story...
  • desertrain10

Question. When did it start? The Black on Black violence that is. Was it problem during slavery? After slavery? During Jim crow? During the civil rights era? Or after the civil rights era?

What was the mindframe of those people at those times? If they actually lived during those hard times we actually like to claim today as reasons for what we do today, and they wasn't murdering each other than how can people who never experienced any of those thing they went through credit their situation to their behavior?

There was no gang violence (from blacks) during my parents childhood.

its complicated....imo the state of the black community today is the result of 400 plus years of oppression and degradation ... economic inequality and poverty (impoverished communities black or white around the world struggle with violence)...the psychological effects of slavery and jim crow that have been pasted down down generation to generation....availability of guns... inept public school system.... the war on drugs, once drugs flooded our urban, inner cities with the connivance of the CIA and the 🤬 era began the murder rate doubled, as well as gang membership.... a lot of inner cities police force are under manned... inept criminal justice system, etc...

not making excuses just facing reality...things are getting better but as a country we got a long way to go to get to racial equality...

• desertrain10
    Lol what blk community?@deserttrain10 there's only a green community

social mobility is nonexistent right now. so yea there's class warfare that is going on here in america... word to OWS. but sorry we don't live in a post race society considering our nation's history and many of our governmental policies are inherently racist...

imo as african americans who share a long history of oppression, we need to unify as a community ...we still have the highest unemployment rate in the country...and the income gap between whites/other races is still widening. like other races we could actually turn things around with each others help and guidance...

• zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    they have plenty of problems... like security.. lots of 🤬 start clicks or fall in dat life style.. it's not a choice... den also u have 2 realize if u was in dat situation what would u do.... most 🤬 rob cuz dey NEED not want.. u got 🤬 dat rob cuz dey on some bully 🤬 too don't get me wrong but that's few and in between... also ok like I said b4 if u robbed a 🤬 there is a chance he could want 2 🤬 u... now u may say "he deserves it" but what if he did it cuz his daughter needed her meds cuz she sick? or he does get murked.. that's another statistics... they never tell u WHY 🤬 get murked...jus the numbers.... every situation in da hood has a story...
    Lol at saying they "START clicks" then saying "its not a choice" foh