What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Should Rihanna Play Whitney Houston In Biopic?

H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally can't vision it at all, esp. with that bajan accent she got.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UMembers Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she can't sing or act i say no i don't even need to waste time hearing what they think

you know when you really think about rihanna is basically talentless aside from her looks
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO

I'd like her to play a role though in a film where she appears stark naked and does a full frontal

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Simply...NO.
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    🤬 no....i actually hope its nobody that famous....i hate when they go and grab the hot artist for a part smh....
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehm

RiRi lip synchs on stage and has awful breath control when singing live which weren't traits of Whitney when alive ..

Before she hit the 🤬 pipe
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.....LOL poor RiRi need to sing "Ain't no Love" for this thread.
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah. her accent wouldnt fit. and she'd need to hire someone to sing the songs for her
    The producers of that new movie she stars in were sensible to notice her marketing potential

Aside from that, chick is nothing but a 🤬 tease to me
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Rhianna definitely has the looks to play Whitney but like people said, her Bajan accent is problematic, I doubt they would actually have her sing (due to the fact she can't sing so I could see her lip-syncing Whitney's classics), and acting-wise isn't this "Battleship" movie her first acting gig???
    The only thing that works in her favor is her looks...I could see her playing a young Whitney based on looks...everything else, NOPE!
    clive davis just looking for a good name so he can profit further from whitney's collection
  • boat1580boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    HAF BAYKED wrote:
    🤬 no....i actually hope its nobody that famous....i hate when they go and grab the hot artist for a part smh....

i agree, why must they got a famous pop star at the moment? rihanna doesn't even resemble whitney, young or older. and it makes more sense to just get a non-singer so that they can lip sync, if rihanna lip syncs then what's the point of her being in the movie?
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    lol, Whitney was much darker than Rihanna and really looks nothing like her.

Would be a terrible move IMO.
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitney was what, a shade or two darker than Rhianna, big 🤬 deal....lol @ the Biggie movie, did Naturi Naughton resemble Kim?
    Throw on some 80's garb on Rhianna, fix her hair up like Whitney, let her lip-sync her songs and it could possibly work...
  • southernmadesouthernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No..
    look out for paula patton's ass to get the gig
  • Garv*Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    They do look alike though.
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    no sir....
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    look out for paula patton's ass to get the gig

how? lol aint paula a mulatto? that 🤬 would not work her & whitney look nuttin alike...
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    LA Coroner's Office declares Whitney Houston's death an accidental drowning - 🤬 , metabolites contributory in her death. Details on CNN
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathMembers Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Rhianna definitely has the looks to play Whitneybut like people said, her Bajan accent is problematic, I doubt they would actually have her sing (due to the fact she can't sing so I could see her lip-syncing Whitney's classics), and acting-wise isn't this "Battleship" movie her first acting gig???
    The only thing that works in her favor is her looks...I could see her playing a young Whitney based on looks...everything else, NOPE!
    No she doesn't. Rih looks nothing like Whitney and her voice will throw off the whole movie.

• R.D.R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitney known for her voice, cant see a person who cant sing playing her
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Can this 🤬 sing though ?

SMH
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Thandie Newton would be good pick in terms of acting and she kind of features Whitney Houston.
  • yg4eva00yg4eva00 Members Posts: 207
    No go....
  • SlickestRSlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rihanna play whitney? Ahhhh Hell nah...