What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

A VERY INTERESTING CONVERSATION (between an atheist professor and a christian student)

bdbdbd
bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
SOmething i saw on Fb and thought was interesting, most of you wont read it but those of you who will i think will find it interesting.....me, i thought it very interesting, and i am not religious, but do believe in 🤬 ...hope a few can make it to the end

An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the Problem Science has
With 🤬 , the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his New Christian Students to stand and . . .

Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, you Believe in 🤬 ?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Professor : Is 🤬 Good ?
Student : Sure.
Professor : Is 🤬 ALL - POWERFUL ?
Student : Yes.
Professor : My Brother died of Cancer even though he Prayed to 🤬 to Heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But 🤬 didn't. How is this 🤬 good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent )

Professor : You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, Young Fella.
Is 🤬 Good?
Student : Yes.
Professor : Is Satan good ?
Student : No.
Professor : Where does Satan come from ?
Student : From . . . 🤬 . . .
Professor : That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?
Student : Yes.
Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And 🤬 did make everything. Correct?
Student : Yes.
Professor : So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer)

Professor : Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness?
All these terrible things exist in the World, don't they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor : So, who Created them ?

(Student ha d no answer)

Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe the World around you. Tell me, son . . . Have you ever Seen 🤬 ?
Student : No, sir.
Professor : Tell us if you have ever Heard your 🤬 ?
Student : No , sir.
Professor : Have you ever Felt your 🤬 , Tasted your 🤬 , Smelt your 🤬 ? Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of 🤬 for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.
Professor : Yet you still Believe in HIM?
Student : Yes.
Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your 🤬 doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Nothing. I only have my Faith.
Professor : Yes, Faith. And that is the Problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?
Professor : Yes.
Student : And is there such a thing as Cold?
Professor : Yes.
Student : No, sir. There isn't..

(The Lecture Theatre became very quiet with this turn of events )

Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat, Mega Heat, White Heat,
a Little Heat or No Heat.
But we don't have anything called Cold.
We can hit 458 Degrees below Zero which is No Heat, but we can't go any further after that.
There is no such thing as Cold.
Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat.
We cannot Measure Cold.
Heat is Energy.
Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.

(There was Pin-Drop Silence in the Lecture Theatre )

Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as Darkness?
Professor : Yes. What is Night if there isn't Darkness?
Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the Absence of Something
You can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light . . . But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and its called Darkness, isn't it? In reality, Darkness isn't. If it is, were you would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn't you?
Professor : So what is the point you are making, Young Man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your Philosophical Premise is flawed.
Professor : Flawed ? Can you explain how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality. You argue there is Life and then there is Death, a Good 🤬 and a Bad 🤬 . You are viewing the Concept of 🤬 as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can't even explain a Thought. It uses Electricity and Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that Death cannot exist as a Substantive Thing.
Death is Not the Opposite of Life: just the Absence of it
Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from a Monkey?
Professor : If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process, yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a Smile, beginning to realize where the Argument was going )

Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor,
Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?
Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
(The Class was in Uproar )

Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's Brain?

(The Class broke out into Laughter )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt it? . . .
No one appears to have done so.
So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that You have No Brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?

(The Room was Silent. The Professor stared at the Student, his face unfathomable)

Professor : I guess you'll have to take them on Faith, son.
Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly !
The Link between Man & 🤬 is FAITH.
That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.


NB:

I believe you have enjoyed the Conversation . . . and if so .. .
You'll probably want your Friends / Colleagues to enjoy the same . . . won't you?
Forward them to Increase their Knowledge . . . or FAITH.
That student was Albert Einstein.
«134

Comments

  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Unprofessional and didnt read
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Yeh, not only is this "conversation" a myth, but both fictional arguments are poor.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that seems like one of those made-up stories. I highly doubt that was Einstein. Somebody Snopes it.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    theres so many flaws with that story going arpund twitter, fb, etc. that i dont even know where to begin. but ill just mention 2

    1. "Science can't even explain a Thought. " makes it sound like the student is saying 🤬 and religion = thought, which is why science cant explain 🤬 and religion. lol @ him ethering himself.

    2. einstein died an atheist, so i doubt even if this story is true (which it probably is not), he changed his mind later
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea im not reading all that
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    did not read the whole thing. I stopped @ "my brother died of cancer and he prayed to 🤬 "

    so if u pray ur supposed to live forever?

    thats illogical reasoning for a proffessor to have(or whomever made this 🤬 up)
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    lmao OP is a fuckn 🤬 for thinking that was interesting

    hahahahaha loser
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeh, i dont believe it was einstein either, i forgot to add that bit.
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lmao OP is a fuckn 🤬 for thinking that was interesting

    hahahahaha loser

    then you lost for either wasting your time reading the whole thing hoping for something interesting
    or claiming its not interesting without either reason....either way you take the bigger L
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room 302Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor,
    Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?
    Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
    (The Class was in Uproar )

    Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's Brain?

    (The Class broke out into Laughter )

    Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt it? . . .
    No one appears to have done so.
    So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that You have No Brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?


    That's all it is.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor,
    Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?
    Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
    (The Class was in Uproar )

    Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's Brain?

    (The Class broke out into Laughter )

    Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt it? . . .
    No one appears to have done so.
    So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that You have No Brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?


    That's all it is.

    yeh that and the absence of heat/light part i thought was an interesting take on the whole "ive never seen 🤬 thus he cant exist" argument
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so there is no such thing as an opposite... only lesser?
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    both sides of the arguement were dumb as 🤬

    if the absence of light is dark. then yes a shadow is dark... wtf is this young bull talking about

    and yes darkness can be measured. the less light there is, the more dark their is LOL contrast is the very thing that measures existence

    this is why students and professors in this european system are both dumb as hell.

    its like back in the day on the ricki lake show, it doesnt matter what you actually say, the winner is the person who gets the most applause from the audience smh
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room 302Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    both sides of the arguement were dumb as 🤬

    if the absence of light is dark. then yes a shadow is dark... wtf is this young bull talking about

    and yes darkness can be measured. the less light there is, the more dark their is LOL contrast is the very thing that measures existence

    this is why students and professors in this european system are both dumb as hell.

    its like back in the day on the ricki lake show, it doesnt matter what you actually say, the winner is the person who gets the most claps fromt he audience smh

    That what the student said. It's not more dark, it's just less light.

    The student's argument makes alot more sense then the Prof.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    both sides of the arguement were dumb as 🤬

    if the absence of light is dark. then yes a shadow is dark... wtf is this young bull talking about

    and yes darkness can be measured. the less light there is, the more dark their is LOL contrast is the very thing that measures existence

    i think the student was tryna say that no matter how dark/cold it is, you still measure it by how hot/light it is...or isnt
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so averse to reading. You probably read just as much in a 5 page thread.

    Interesting, but I don't see the need in an atheist and a person of faith trying to debate each other. Neither will change their mind so you end up wasting your time.

    yeh but its always fun to excercise ones mind bymentally sparring with someone with the complete opposite opinion of you, that is able to maintain a decent debate.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KINGEC wrote: »
    berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465
    lol i was hoping i would get one of these gifs....they always 🤬 me up
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast science go about trying to prove something other than following something blindly and sheepishly.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    both sides of the arguement were dumb as 🤬

    if the absence of light is dark. then yes a shadow is dark... wtf is this young bull talking about

    and yes darkness can be measured. the less light there is, the more dark their is LOL contrast is the very thing that measures existence

    i think the student was tryna say that no matter how dark/cold it is, you still measure it by how hot/light it is...or isnt
    oh i know what he was trying to say LOL, but thats just it .. he was trying LOL. there is light and dark. not light and no light. the only way you could say there is no such thing as dark is to say that there is no state of existence where light does not exist. which we all know is false LOL

    and thats just it. if you believe in 🤬 and believe that he created everything then you have to "believe" in opposites too

    plus the lil dude was dumb because the professor argued that the devil was equal to 🤬 which he could have said no anyway smh
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Atleast science go about trying to prove something other than following something blindly and sheepishly.

    i feel you on that....my belief in a higher being/entity does not come from religion.
    what i feel cannot be explained.

    what you said is the reason i dont follow religion. to me its just a bunch of moralistic stories that people have created and not even made any attempt to prove.....in fact had a religion been created based on ideas alone and not stories i would be more inclined to believe that...🤬 how you gonna blaitently say something happened, with "real" people yet there is no evidence of it happening and none of the major people involved within these religions are trying to provide any evidence of these events happening....yet people still blindly follow
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    oh yeh, i dont believe it was einstein either, i forgot to add that bit.
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lmao OP is a fuckn 🤬 for thinking that was interesting

    hahahahaha loser

    then you lost for either wasting your time reading the whole thing hoping for something interesting
    or claiming its not interesting without either reason....either way you take the bigger L

    no you dip 🤬 this "conversation" is fuckn old as hell

    its been debunked so many fuckn times...it shows how fuckn stupid and gullible you are for thinking its interesting

    pea brain ass 🤬

    you prob think the picture of two twins in a mothers 🤬 going "yeah but we can't see mom so how do we know she exist" is interesting too

    lauce.

    chalk up your L and keep it moving b
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    SUPA OLD
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    oh yeh, i dont believe it was einstein either, i forgot to add that bit.
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lmao OP is a fuckn 🤬 for thinking that was interesting

    hahahahaha loser

    then you lost for either wasting your time reading the whole thing hoping for something interesting
    or claiming its not interesting without either reason....either way you take the bigger L

    no you dip 🤬 this "conversation" is fuckn old as hell

    its been debunked so many fuckn times...it shows how fuckn stupid and gullible you are for thinking its interesting

    pea brain ass 🤬

    you prob think the picture of two twins in a mothers 🤬 going "yeah but we can't see mom so how do we know she exist" is interesting too

    lauce.

    chalk up your L and keep it moving b

    oh 🤬 , you know what you are right......i lost 🤬 i actually have a life, on the real forgive me for being late on the internet but i was stupid enough to think it was more important to be early for events in my real life.......i fully see the errors of my ways now...i should be more like you and dedicate my life to the internet so i can chat 🤬 to people who happen to come across stories later than i do.....seriously, thankyou Sir Wins-the-Net

  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    both sides of the arguement were dumb as 🤬

    if the absence of light is dark. then yes a shadow is dark... wtf is this young bull talking about

    and yes darkness can be measured. the less light there is, the more dark their is LOL contrast is the very thing that measures existence

    i think the student was tryna say that no matter how dark/cold it is, you still measure it by how hot/light it is...or isnt
    oh i know what he was trying to say LOL, but thats just it .. he was trying LOL. there is light and dark. not light and no light. the only way you could say there is no such thing as dark is to say that there is no state of existence where light does not exist. which we all know is false LOL

    and thats just it. if you believe in 🤬 and believe that he created everything then you have to "believe" in opposites too

    plus the lil dude was dumb because the professor argued that the devil was equal to 🤬 which he could have said no anyway smh

    no dude, just no. all dude said was that darkness comes from taking away light, not adding darkness.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    LOL yall 🤬 chill man its worth a small discussion LOL

    cant have the typical IC 🤬 everyday in every thread LOL