What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Avengers

6/10

Avengers is def. a see in the theaters type of movie unless you have a huge tv.....I watched it a few weeks ago and didn't think it was all that, but when I saw it in Theaters I thought it was the 🤬

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had me a little Chris Hansworth day (Thor) and watched two of his films:

215px-Snow_White_and_the_Huntsman_Poster.jpg

GRADE (C - ) Snow White and the Huntsman was an interesting take on the Classic tale. Sadly the movie just wasn't good. Chris Hansworth and Twilight chick had no chemistry. The concept was a little weak also. Then when the movie went from fairytale to BRAVEHEART, I lost all interest. The only good thing was Charlize Theron who was not only fine but played a good villain.

215px-CitwTeaserSmall.jpg

GRADE (B) Cabin the Woods is starts out like your typical horror movie from the 1980's but as the movie goes on it turns into a film that puts the mirror up against those horror movies we love to make fun of. I thought the film was a good look at what is wrong with the horror genre in hollywood. Sure the ending got a little outlandish but I like what Joss Wedon (The Avengers) did with this movie. He really basically made fun of hollywood and how they go about making horror movies. So though a lot of typical cliche things happen. It all was done for a purpose.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanMembers Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    DeadZone560.jpg

David Cronenberg's The Dead Zone with Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen. one of the best Stephen King movies
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vanilla-sky-movie-poster-2001-1020192775.jpg

i actually really liked this movie. could be a new favorite.

lol. the inspiration behide vanilla sky "open your eyes" >>>>>>

penelope cruz stars in this movie as well
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    on Season 5 Ep 8 of Dexter wil keep watching til i get til I'm up to date on Season 7.

Also on Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy til i catch up to Season 5...

previously caught up to Walking Dead about two weeks ago...

I'm hip.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    the watch with Stiller, Jonah Hill and Vince Vaughn.

🤬 got horrible reviews. but it made me lol. Hill and Vaughn characters were so fukin odd. 🤬 made me lol. u can tell Seth Rogan wrote the script. alotta crude, yet funny humor. not every ones cup of tea tho.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanMembers Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red State- Kevin Smith's best movie, really funny and dark with excellent performances
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    argo1.jpg

Solid film

Great cast, script, photography, set design and an emerging great film-maker in Ben Affleck ...

cosmopolis02.jpg

David Cronenberg's thriller, very slick and stylish. Its an adapted screenplay

I'll say it does have some similarities to American Pyscho ...

I'd give it a 3/5 rating if you can make out what its all about

what's the relationship between capitalism and being mentally deranged?
  • marc123
    Killer Joe with Emile Hirsh and Matthew McConaughey. very odd and dark film. Gina Gershon is in it and is sexy as all out doors. MILF. its not a good as I hoped it would be, but a solid watch. endin was kinda off.
  • Britt_J
    Britt_J Members Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    argo1.jpg

Solid film

Great cast, script, photography, set design and an emerging great film-maker in Ben Affleck ...

cosmopolis02.jpg

David Cronenberg's thriller, very slick and stylish. Its an adapted screenplay

I'll say it does have some similarities to American Pyscho ...

I'd give it a 3/5 rating if you can make out what its all about

what's the relationship between capitalism and being mentally deranged?

I watched cosmopolis a few weeks ago..

The film left me utterly confused..it was a lot of talk about capitalism, but it wasn't making sense.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hearts%20of%20darkness%20title%20capture.jpg

The documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now, Coppola's Vietnam epic

I highly recommend this.

DOPE

FFC may just be with this documentary the boldest filmmaker ever
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paranormal Activity 4 - 3/10 The entire film was a waste of time with the exception of the last 10 minutes. They're just grasping at straws now. It's time to throw in the towel.

Flight - 8/10. Great movie, no surprise there. Denzel will be nominated again, but he won't win. I'm predicting Daniel Day-Lewis will take it for Lincoln.

Argo - 8/10. Again no surprise. Ben always does his thing behind the camera. I expect a couple nominations for this movie as well.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone seen Cloud Atlas? Might go see that tomorrow
  • marc123
    End of Watch. weak plot. but great acting and interaction between the 2 main co stars. gritty buddy cop movie filled with heart. besides the weak plot, i liked it. some great scenes.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched looper, as previously stated i was expecting more, people hyped it up too much, great film tho.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw Looper in the theatres also. I give a 6.5/7 out of 10. When the plot thickened and you realized the movie was based around a kid with......I wont spoil it but you'll see smh.
  • marc123
    Dark Knight Rises DVDRip. seen it in the threatre. but still a fun watch. Bane that 🤬 !
  • kingofbama205
    Lawless...good flick Tom Hardy is the 🤬 !

Killer Joe...now, this movie...was just completely 🤬 up on so many levels..the ending 🤬 ...I feel like I'm scarred after watching that movie...I dunno...it was alright but wow...I just don't know
  • marc123
    Killer Joe...now, this movie...was just completely 🤬 up on so many levels..the ending 🤬 ...I feel like I'm scarred after watching that movie...I dunno...it was alright but wow...I just don't know

Gina Gershan likes fried chicken. LOL

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Recall (2012)

I give it a 7 out of 10. Not sure whether I like the fact that the plot was Earth based and nothing Mars related and it was kinda frustrating when you could basically predict every scene, they followed the previous script almost to a tee minus a few changes. Overall, great action and the chick from Underworld did a good job as the villain.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw Skyfall... It was great
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2012

the-master-paul-thomas-anderson-joquin-phoenix-skip-cropr.jpg

Weird ass film with a weird ass performance from Phoenix and a masterful (no pun) performance from Seymour Hoffman

Fine period drama and fine cinematography but not as good as his (Thomas Anderson) previous film, There Will Be Blood ...

MV5BMTcxMjYwMzQ1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDEyNjk5._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Three short films shot in 1989 by Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola and Woody Allen ...

I enjoyed Allen's piece more. A nice treat
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt go thru thread but i just saw Ted with mark walberg.. 🤬 hilarious yo
  • kingofbama205
    End of Watch......really good film...the ending had me tearing up not gonna lie.