What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Does 🤬 /any form of religion have a place in todays society?

Rozetta5tone
Rozetta5tone Don't quote me broRight hereMembers Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
With everything being so advanced and the answer to virtually any question at your fingertips, is the presence of 🤬 really prevailent or even necessary? Advances in modern science and medicine have extended our overall lifespan and if things continue to progress and the present rate, immortality could possibly be very real..todays society is about right here and right now..immediate results..

Do you think we have evolved beyond religion and belief in a supreme being and have become dependent upon the machines and instant gratification? I think we have..I think 🤬 has been replaced with google and church has been replaced with social network sites and smartphones..

If there is a 🤬 , it needs to update its facebook account and start tweeting bcuz as it stands now, the only folks I see heavily relying or making time for 🤬 are seniors one step away from the grave..

*I'm not bashing any religion or 🤬 ..I'm just going by my own observations and beliefs..I'm not trying to offend or troll*
«1

Comments

  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Black Mage Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn dro, droppin gems eh? Does 🤬 or any form of religion have place in this society, yes it does and according to the bible the last time it didn't have a place, 🤬 got real 🤬 up, if you believe in those things. Having said that I am seeing a real effort to break down the old world religion, society is degrading before our eyes. I feel bad for the current generation and what this planet is going to be like in the next 15-20 years.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, DRO basically put it down. I dont see how advancing technology necessitates the belief that 🤬 doesn't exist. The 2 are compatible. U would be surprised @ hw many youngns actually believe in 🤬 and openly worship HIM. Personaly I believe 🤬 exists too. All the faculties in my brain cannot compute the thought that the earth, the solar system and the entire universe and everything there in just happened by "chance". The thought that "In the beginning there was NOTHING and somehow that created SOMETHING". Nah cuh, and the fact that our organs and other organisms all have a purpose. Examine ur anatomy whoadie, check out how all those body parts just work together and how they function interdependently. U mean to say thats a coincidence? Nah dun...someone (🤬 ) created all of that. But to each his own nah'mean. I cant knock u if u aint convinced 🤬 exists. It's personal belief @ da end of the day
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn dro, droppin gems eh? Does 🤬 or any form of religion have place in this society, yes it does and according to the bible the last time it didn't have a place, 🤬 got real 🤬 up, if you believe in those things. Having said that I am seeing a real effort to break down the old world religion, society is degrading before our eyes. I feel bad for the current generation and what this planet is going to be like in the next 15-20 years.

    Not the biggest fan of organized religion, but yeah, 20 years from now, religion isn't gonna have much of a place in society anymore. How many 20-somethings go to religious services regularly?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Black Mage Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know the other day I saw a scientology commercial, a 🤬 scientology commercial, they just openly recruiting now?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a Sign comes that proves Revelations of what was previously unexplainable the world will have new religos and sects.

    With all this Technlogy, the world will have to Face the Reality of Reincarnation when people begin to be born and finding pictures and youtube videos of themselves in their past lives with a different name and family all re arranged.

    Peope are waiting on Jesus but fail to realize that Jesus was Elijah and before that Mel(something), point I'm trying to make is everytime Jesus Reincarnated he didn't have the same name. He came with a different name.

    Thats really about every man based on their own Karma. We all come back with different names, re arranged family members and pretty much no real recollection of your past life and if you do recall it, that your own personal blessing.

    The thing is this, you an't reach everyone and 🤬 knows whom he gives Guidance to as he is the best knower.

  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Black Mage Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15

    laugh out loud
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, neither religion nor theism are necessary, but you're kidding yourself if you think that either are going anywhere.

    Sure, our science and technology will plug up more gaps in our knowledge that a 🤬 once filled, but believers will always find a new hole to shove their 🤬 of choice in to.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    OF COURSE 🤬 IS RELEVANT TODAY, YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW...

    TECHNOLOGY IS SIMPLY MAN MADE AND CAN FAIL AT ANYTIME.. WHY WOULD YOU PLACE ALL OF YOUR FAITH IN MAN? YOU KNOW HOW SHADY, GREEDY AND SELFISH WE CAN BE...

    🤬 DOESNT NEED TO UPDATE NOTHING, HIS WORD/THE BIBLE DOESNT CHANGE, CAUSE THE TRUTH DOESNT CHANGE.

    You really believe this of the Bible or any religious book for that matter?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know the other day I saw a scientology commercial, a 🤬 scientology commercial, they just openly recruiting now?

    All that 🤬 that went down. Yeah they have too.

    And it is funny that people that believe in 🤬 dont correlate their religion to MAN. But people that dont believe in religion do and both use the same argument for why they dont. Because of the flaws of man!!!!!
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleive in 🤬 when it's convenient
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15

    HAHAH... 95% OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LEARNED, CAME FROM SOMEBODY ELSE.. SO WHATS YOUR POINT?
    The key word from fiat_money 8:15 is "only". If you believe something only because someone told you to or because you are unable to rationalize it using the information available to you, then you are unable to think for yourself.

    While it's true that 100% of objective information comes from outside of a person; if that person can't logically process any of that information on their own, then they fail to think for themselves.

    There are two ways that religious mythology texts remain "100% true" to a person; the first is if they don't actually read it for themselves, and the second is if that text is all they read.

    This is why even biblical scholars don't think that the Christian bible is "100% true".
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    I beleive in 🤬 when it's convenient

    DID YOU PRAY BEFORE YOU BOUGHT THAT SILK "BOUT IT BOUT IT" BUTTON UP?


    nah, but neither did your parents, which why is you're cused for the mark of the beast




  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    OF COURSE 🤬 IS RELEVANT TODAY, YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW...

    TECHNOLOGY IS SIMPLY MAN MADE AND CAN FAIL AT ANYTIME.. WHY WOULD YOU PLACE ALL OF YOUR FAITH IN MAN? YOU KNOW HOW SHADY, GREEDY AND SELFISH WE CAN BE...

    🤬 DOESNT NEED TO UPDATE NOTHING, HIS WORD/THE BIBLE DOESNT CHANGE, CAUSE THE TRUTH DOESNT CHANGE.

    You really believe this of the Bible or any religious book for that matter?

    BIBLE, YES.. OTHER RELIOUS BOOKS, DONT KNOW.

    NOW, THERE S A DIFFERENCE IN 🤬 CHANGIN HIS MIND VS. MAN ACTUALLY CHANGING THE BIBLE TO DECIEVE PEOPLE

    So how do you know you got Gods version and not mans?

    Dro you know before the Bible came into publication it was hand copied over and over...So you mean to tell me with all good intentions as Jesus Christ followers may have had nothing was changed? We can't even get IC myths straight but these cats kept it 100?

    From what I remember you go to a church that uses the New Testament right? So nothing changed from the Old Testament? This is a serious question too.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15

    HAHAH... 95% OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LEARNED, CAME FROM SOMEBODY ELSE.. SO WHATS YOUR POINT?
    The key word from fiat_money 8:15 is "only". If you believe something only because someone told you to or because you are unable to rationalize it using the information available to you, then you are unable to think for yourself.

    While it's true that 100% of objective information comes from outside of a person; if that person can't logically process any of that information on their own, then they fail to think for themselves.

    There are two ways that religious mythology texts remain "100% true" to a person; the first is if they don't actually read it for themselves, and the second is if that text is all they read.

    This is why even biblical scholars don't think that the Christian bible is "100% true".


    one thing I most see non-believers fail to remember is the important "fact" that religion and the Power of 🤬 itself,
    is not rooted in rationale or logical thinking, it's rooted in faith

    which to my knowlege has yet to be scientifically explained







  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    a.mann wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15

    HAHAH... 95% OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LEARNED, CAME FROM SOMEBODY ELSE.. SO WHATS YOUR POINT?
    The key word from fiat_money 8:15 is "only". If you believe something only because someone told you to or because you are unable to rationalize it using the information available to you, then you are unable to think for yourself.

    While it's true that 100% of objective information comes from outside of a person; if that person can't logically process any of that information on their own, then they fail to think for themselves.

    There are two ways that religious mythology texts remain "100% true" to a person; the first is if they don't actually read it for themselves, and the second is if that text is all they read.

    This is why even biblical scholars don't think that the Christian bible is "100% true".


    one thing I most see non-believers fail to remember is the important "fact" that religion and the Power of 🤬 itself,
    is not rooted in rationale or logical thinking, it's rooted in faith

    which to my knowlege has yet to be scientifically explained
    "Faith" is easy to explain in this context, it's simply believing in something. Some people take this further, and believe in things despite a lack of proof or the existence of refuting proof; this is when they approach "blind faith".

    Just because someone says that their belief is rooted in "faith", it doesn't give their claims/beliefs any more/less substantiation.

    I could claim that [ insert ridiculous untestable assertion here ] ; whether my belief is based in "faith" or not would have no effect on its validity.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    HAVING FAITH IS NOT AN EASY TASK WHATSO EVER. I THINK IT TAKES A STRONG PERSON TO BELIVE IN SOMETHING THAT THEY HAVE NOT SEEN


    Why would you do that?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    🤬 DOESNT NEED TO UPDATE NOTHING, HIS WORD/THE BIBLE DOESNT CHANGE, CAUSE THE TRUTH DOESNT CHANGE.

    False. 🤬 updated his laws from the old to the new testamenet. Not only that, he "changed his mind" (which is ridiculous) about certain matters in the old testament.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room 302Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. You ever been to jail? Mofos in there get real religious.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    All the faculties in my brain cannot compute the thought that the earth, the solar system and the entire universe and everything there in just happened by "chance". The thought that "In the beginning there was NOTHING and somehow that created SOMETHING". Nah cuh, and the fact that our organs and other organisms all have a purpose. Examine ur anatomy whoadie, check out how all those body parts just work together and how they function interdependently. U mean to say thats a coincidence? Nah dun...someone (🤬 ) created all of that. But to each his own nah'mean. I cant knock u if u aint convinced 🤬 exists. It's personal belief @ da end of the day

    1. The "nothing" scientists speak of is subatomic spacetime turbulence. Energy briefly decays into particles and antiparticles. There are books dedicated to the subject, bruh

    2. Your anatomy is the way it is because of evolution and natural selection, G

  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Once a Sign comes that proves Revelations of what was previously unexplainable the world will have new religos and sects.

    With all this Technlogy, the world will have to Face the Reality of Reincarnation when people begin to be born and finding pictures and youtube videos of themselves in their past lives with a different name and family all re arranged.

    Peope are waiting on Jesus but fail to realize that Jesus was Elijah and before that Mel(something), point I'm trying to make is everytime Jesus Reincarnated he didn't have the same name. He came with a different name.

    Thats really about every man based on their own Karma. We all come back with different names, re arranged family members and pretty much no real recollection of your past life and if you do recall it, that your own personal blessing.

    The thing is this, you an't reach everyone and 🤬 knows whom he gives Guidance to as he is the best knower.

    Neither Christianity, Islam or Judaism teach reincarnation. Neither does Buddhism, in the way that you explained it, which is probably where you got that from considering you mentioned Karma. Buddhism teaches that there is no enduring soul, so your type of reincarnation is not possible. Buddhism explains that energy is not destroyed in the death of a human body. The energies that make up the body together create the illusion of a permanent self but there is no such thing. Karma, simply put, is volition. The law of cause and effect. You should study these things before you attempt to teach them to people who don't know. Besides, your argument is flawed, anyway. The world population is increasing so how would reincarnation work? Where are the new souls coming from? And if reincarnation is correct, then why introduce the idea of heaven and hell and eternal punishment or reward? CONTRADICTION

    P.S. Reincarnation does not prove the existance of a 🤬
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »


    AND I CAN NOT 100% SURELY SAY THAT THE BIBLE HAS NOT BEEN TAMPERED WITH.. IM SURE PEOPLE HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ALTER THE TRUTH AS THEY ALWAYS DO..SO AT THE END OF THE DAY, ALL I CAN DO IS 1. PRAY TO 🤬 , 2. HAVE FAITH, AND 3. HAVE DISCERNMENT.


    IF THIS IS A BIBLE THAT WAS INSPIRED AND WRITEN BY MAN, IT WOULD HAVE SOOOOOOO MANY UPGRADES THAT IT WOULD BE REDICULOUS

    1. If any part of the Bible was tampered with, how do you know ALL of it was not tampered with?
    2. Man wrote the Bible. The Bible was put together by the church and was accepted as sacred text. At the end of the Bible, it forbids any additions to it. At this point in time, who would add to it? And even if someone wanted to, Christianity as a whole would probably not accept it unless it was handed to them by the supernatural being that they believe inspired it, which unfortunately for them, isn't going to happen.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    As long as 🤬 aren't smart/clever enough to think outside of the box that they grew up with over their head, it will have a place.


    ^^Replace the word "box" with the religious mythology or religious text of your choice:
    WPldf.jpg

    1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of 🤬 is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of 🤬 is stronger than man's strength.

    HUMANS ARE GONE CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE 🤬 AND THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM...MORE POWER TO THEM
    By quoting the primary text of the religious mythology of your choice, you've substantiated my statement.


    "And when they can only rely on the words of others, they will have shown that they can't think for themselves." - fiat_money 8:15

    HAHAH... 95% OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LEARNED, CAME FROM SOMEBODY ELSE.. SO WHATS YOUR POINT?
    The key word from fiat_money 8:15 is "only". If you believe something only because someone told you to or because you are unable to rationalize it using the information available to you, then you are unable to think for yourself.

    While it's true that 100% of objective information comes from outside of a person; if that person can't logically process any of that information on their own, then they fail to think for themselves.

    There are two ways that religious mythology texts remain "100% true" to a person; the first is if they don't actually read it for themselves, and the second is if that text is all they read.

    This is why even biblical scholars don't think that the Christian bible is "100% true".


    one thing I most see non-believers fail to remember is the important "fact" that religion and the Power of 🤬 itself,
    is not rooted in rationale or logical thinking, it's rooted in faith

    which to my knowlege has yet to be scientifically explained
    "Faith" is easy to explain in this context, it's simply believing in something. Some people take this further, and believe in things despite a lack of proof or the existence of refuting proof; this is when they approach "blind faith".

    Just because someone says that their belief is rooted in "faith", it doesn't give their claims/beliefs any more/less substantiation.

    I could claim that [ insert ridiculous untestable assertion here ] ; whether my belief is based in "faith" or not would have no effect on its validity.

    HAVING FAITH IS NOT AN EASY TASK WHATSO EVER. I THINK IT TAKES A STRONG PERSON TO BELIVE IN SOMETHING THAT THEY HAVE NOT SEEN
    Although I didn't say "having faith is an easy task"; I agree that it is in fact an easy task. If I tell someone that the Moon is made of Kraft's American Cheese product, and they initially believe me; then they are gullible. If they never seek/encounter evidence to support/refute my claim, then they are ignorant on the subject. And if they continue to believe me despite evidence to the contrary, then they are foolish.

    What's difficult is challenging the "status quo" or questioning that which you are told.

    So no, it does not take a "strong" person to believe in something that they have not seen.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    Once a Sign comes that proves Revelations of what was previously unexplainable the world will have new religos and sects.

    With all this Technlogy, the world will have to Face the Reality of Reincarnation when people begin to be born and finding pictures and youtube videos of themselves in their past lives with a different name and family all re arranged.

    Peope are waiting on Jesus but fail to realize that Jesus was Elijah and before that Mel(something), point I'm trying to make is everytime Jesus Reincarnated he didn't have the same name. He came with a different name.

    Thats really about every man based on their own Karma. We all come back with different names, re arranged family members and pretty much no real recollection of your past life and if you do recall it, that your own personal blessing.

    The thing is this, you an't reach everyone and 🤬 knows whom he gives Guidance to as he is the best knower.

    WHY WOULD JESUS NEED TO CONSTANTLY DIE AND THEN REINCAR?

    Its not about Jesus really but about all of us. Jesus is the metaphor for everyman.

    We all Die and Reincarnate constantly for more experiences and lessons of Life and existing.

    We are constantly changing bodies, once you leave this body you will go to another body.

    Also read the bible dont have it read to you. If you read it you will know what I'm taling about. Or atleast be familiar with the concepts. I 'd also like to add these concepts and beliefs have been around far longer then the bible.