What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

RIP Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynMembers Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted to see the Beastie Boys. Maybe now they'll finally get their long overdue Source cover.

Too bad no one reads that 🤬 anymore. If they gets on the cover, I'll pick it up for the 🤬 of it.

@Kame, yeah that Nas joint goes hard.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Bunny Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Beastie Boys was the first show I went to with my friends .

So sad to hear about this ... taken too soon

RIP
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Damn R.I.P
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Dayum :(

Rest in Peace Adam Yauch
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    main.jpg

Adam Yauch, one-third of the pioneering hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, has died at the age of 47, Rolling Stone has learned. Yauch, also known as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009. The rapper was diagnosed in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland.

rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-co-founder-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-20120504
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP our heroes are slowly fading away....
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finna DL Intergalactic now

Brass Monkey>>>>
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf is a beastie boy
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn this is a 🤬 up friday.

Kat's ethering the 🤬 outta folks and i am actually kinda sad that a white guy is dead

and Koonington has no idea who the beastie boys are..

🤬 just WoW!
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    *Stickied for Appreciation*
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    RIP.. 🤬 cancer that 🤬 has taken away to many people before they deserved to go...
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Bunny Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2012

Used to drink Brass Monkey ... but not cause it tasted good

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn, R.I.P. MCA.
    Beastie Boys are legends, and their last album was dope.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW....

I'm taken back... RIP MCA

damn...
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    werd rip

they always had entertaining videos not the same 🤬 everyone else was doing
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasMembers Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P. to one of the great pioneers.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP. Never was big on Beastie Boys to be honest, but obviously i know of Licence To Ill and that. I had my arguments about them a while ago here and i still stick by them. Also another funny thing is the amount of many fans of Beastie Boys that really ain't hip-hop fans. Same thing with Eminem fans. Just funny.

Still RIP to the homie. Hip-Hop has been losing ALOT of it's peers these past 5 years or so.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn RIP
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    real 🤬

muthafuck that cracka

yall celebrating the life of a crook of black culture

yall 🤬 should be ashamed of yall selves

beastie_mca_retro30_072009.jpg?width=600
    just look at these crackas

CRAZY AS 🤬
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    My name is MCA
    I got a license to 🤬
    I think you know what time it is
    Its time to get ill

Damn, Paul Revere was my 🤬 !!!

RIP
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    real 🤬

muthafuck that cracka

CRAZY AS 🤬

This is basically what i said before. But now is not the rigth time homie c'mon. Them dudes were obviously a punk band that jumped on the hip-hop wagon. I mean say what you will about Eminem but dude really lives hip-hop, it isn't just something he does. Beastie Boys now don't even do hip-hop on stage nor do they look like they're into it anymore. More like one of those "when i was young and it was cool" thing.

Same thing with Vanilla Ice. Since he got booted off hip-hop duke basically turned into a fake rock star. MC Hammer is still hip-hop even though he isn't selling records. Hammer is still living, breathing and even recording music within the culture.

People gotta understand. But still RIP to dude. Just notice how many fans of Beastie Boys now that you see saying RIP ain't really hip-hop fans. Not saying that they don't get love from the hip-hop community but just notice how many non hip-hop fans claim that they love them, even though Beastie Boys really was a white and wacker version of Run DMC.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c'mon yall gotta do this today though?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) NawfNawfMembers Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    real 🤬

muthafuck that cracka

CRAZY AS 🤬

This is basically what i said before. But now is not the rigth time homie c'mon. Them dudes were obviously a punk band that jumped on the hip-hop wagon. I mean say what you will about Eminem but dude really lives hip-hop, it isn't just something he does. Beastie Boys now don't even do hip-hop on stage nor do they look like they're into it anymore. More like one of those "when i was young and it was cool" thing.

Same thing with Vanilla Ice. Since he got booted off hip-hop duke basically turned into a fake rock star. MC Hammer is still hip-hop even though he isn't selling records. Hammer is still living, breathing and even recording music within the culture.

People gotta understand. But still RIP to dude. Just notice how many fans of Beastie Boys now that you see saying RIP ain't really hip-hop fans. Not saying that they don't get love from the hip-hop community but just notice how many non hip-hop fans claim that they love them, even though Beastie Boys really was a white and wacker version of Run DMC.

Afrika Bambaataa was trying to bring the punks to the Hip Hop jams he was throwing because he felt that they had a common interest .

Beastie Boys are Hip Hop through and through , comparing them to Vanilla Ice is a travesty , I do however agree that just like Eminem , the Beasties have lots of white fans that are not fans of rap nor part of Hip Hop , can't fault the Beasties for that .