What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Janelle Monae rappin >>> Nicki Minaj

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum

Comments

• da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2010
    this song is awesome.

Hmmmm...outrap Nicki. i don't like Nicki. I like Janelle Monae. That said, I don't think she's outrapping her per se. She would offer more of an old school, less ridiculously animated, more tolerable alternative. Her verse was cool, but I wouldn't say she's outrapping her (ahem, when Nicki is trying).
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I peeped the vid on lupe's site, she's definately good. I was suprised at how well B.O.B rapped too
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I peeped the vid on lupe's site, she's definately good. I was suprised at how well B.O.B rapped too

Yeah, I'm a Lupe fan but: BOB'S verse>Lupe's verse
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel NCMembers Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i co sign this thread I was flipping through channels earlier and caught the video on Centric, and on this track BoB>Lupe
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I agree.. and the song is nice.

She either listens to a lot of Andre 3K or he wrote her verse. Either way her verse was nice.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Janelle Monae......

I like her more each day. 2 days ago I hear the original Tightrope, a year back I heard her for the first time on the Chester French Mixtape.

I'm coppin the album.

Granted I know I'm in the minority when I say this but I preferred Lupe's verse. Both were really dope, but I just think 🤬 just got starstruck when B.o.B. changed flows.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited July 2010
    the next queen latifia wich is good you dont have to be hoe to make it as a female rapper
  • the_omniscient
    the_omniscient Members Posts: 245
    edited July 2010
    Forget comparing her to somebody else; her raps in that song are better than average. What she spit and how she spit it is better than what a lot of other rappers have been putting out recently.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Wow, she murdered it. I don't even remember BoB or Lupe's verse. I was wondering why she always wear the same thing, and she addressed it in the song.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited July 2010
    Forget comparing her to somebody else; her raps in that song are better than average. What she spit and how she spit it is better than what a lot of other rappers have been putting out recently.

that aint saying much when half these rappers act like they aint passed the 3rd grade
  • shadb33
    edited July 2010

U from the DEC?
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited July 2010
    I LOVE this version. J Monae's music is great, and she definitely killed it. And B.o.B..... well, I just love him. B.o.B. >>>>>>> Lupe
  • nuri
    nuri Members Posts: 457
    edited July 2010
    She's like the female embodiment of Andre 3000.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I dont listen to female rappers..
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Janelle Monae is nothing but pure talent, but then most people on The Reason probably didn't or still don't realise that. Instead you're all hyping up non-talented 🤬 🤬 like Nicki Manaj night and day
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I've been biggin up Monae for a few ticks now. Ol' girl is a monster. Like a culmination of 3 Stacks and Lauryn Hill.
    I think Nicki Minaj has her moments. I ain't gon completely write her off, cuz she still surprises every now and again. (Her verse on Drake's "Up All Night")

But I don't think I can buy a Minaj album, I bought that Monae 🤬 when it dropped.
    Cats know Minaj gets all this hype cuz of the company she keeps and her looks. It's unfair in terms of aesthetics overshadowing pure talent, but that's the industry. We all know that 🤬 .

I'm poppin in a Monae album over a Minaj one, but I'd splash Nicki's bad ass before Monae though.
    It all evens out in the end.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    I hope y'all not sleeping on Janelle Monae. Her new album is dope from what I've heard so far. Rapping though?? Ehh..not for her. "I am unpredictable like the weather". Seriousy? Lmao she's an idiot for that line.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    She's definitely better than Nicki Minaj. True artist, she can rap, sing, 🤬 without sounding like a weirdo, 🤬 or 🤬 .
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Janelle Monae is the definition of a weirdo, and saying "unpredicable like the weather" doens't make her sound like a 🤬 , but it definitely makes her sound like a 🤬 .
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i like her album, this version is pretty dope.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited July 2010
    Dont know about her rapping but she outsings most "top" female artists today.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    plus she from my side of the turf, kansas city, kansas ya dig, props!
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Janelle Monae is the definition of a weirdo, and saying "unpredicable like the weather" doens't make her sound like a 🤬 , but it definitely makes her sound like a 🤬 .

As opposed to: "(🤬 voice) And I be coming off the top, asbestos"?
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited July 2010
    Why does she have to be "weird" or "🤬 "? Because she's not like everyone else? She's different..... she's an another option, and thats not a bad thing.
  • shadb33
    edited July 2010
    Why does she have to be "weird" or "🤬 "? Because she's not like everyone else? She's different..... she's an another option, and thats not a bad thing.

she's a self identified weirdo..not in a bad way tho..