The Power of Instant Gratification. Let's talk about it.

God-I_Am_EtherGod-I_Am_Ether Posts: 3,409
edited May 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
From sex to food instant gratification can be so damn good for that moment but the lasting effects can really fuck you off if not careful.

Since I like to workout I usually eat foods according to what they can do for me over a period of time but i was thinking a lot of people choose food only for how it will taste in their mouth for those couple of seconds of chewing not thing in regards of what it will do or won't do for the body. That's why a lot of people struggle with obesity.

The feeling of sex only last while having sex. After sex you feel the feeling slowly fading away. And to achieve that feeling many people have made very bad choices. From kids by people they didn't plan on having kids with to STDs.

What is it about this instant pleasures we fall for knowing it won't last and knowing if abused it could become harmful to our well being?
-Vincenzo-NothingButTheTruth

Replies

• Rozetta5toneRozetta5tone Bearer of light Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The energy that pushed you to make this thread is responsible for instant gratification..

making this thread should have answered your question.. Ego Ego Ego..
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO only stupid people have sex wit people they dont care about...

but u can have kids and catch STD'S from people u care about... so that dont got nothin 2 do with instant gratification...

also same goes 4 food... lots of people dont exactly kno what makes the food they eat unhealthy.. other then what people say... so it can jus be that's the type of food they grew up on...

the only thing I can say that can fit this thread would be alcohol and drugs (including tobacco) cuz there is no other reason 2 do any of it besides the "gratification" of the feeling...
    Dirty SanchezAnti_matter
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weed is my instant gratification. And I love that shit.

No other instant gratification brings me the kind of pleasure that weed brings me.
  • [Trillmatic][Trillmatic] Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the power of instant gratification has been the downfall of mankind since the beginning of time
    dpresidential
  • God-I_Am_EtherGod-I_Am_Ether Posts: 3,409
    @damobb
    If you catch an STD from someone you care about then it was the satisfying the instant gratification of that someone whom you cared about that carelessly fucked around on you.

In terms of food im speaking on how people usually select their food choices and it's usually by taste. What will make their mouths happy most likely. Not by making a carb choice, protein choice, a fats choice etc etc.
  • Bully_PulpitBully_Pulpit Factsmachine Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    instant gratification is one of mankinds biggest downfalls, when ppl think something is owed to them as opposed to working for it,nothing good can come from it IMO
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread....i think drugs and alcohol are the epitome of things that bring instant gratification
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    100 bucks I won off a 5 dollar scratch ticket= instant gratification
  • dpresidentialdpresidential Posts: 609 ✭✭
    the power of instant gratification has been the downfall of mankind since the beginning of time

Truth.

Training a child about being able to resist the lure of instant gratification is the way to ensuring him being extremely successful later in life.

The things that would have been accomplished by humanity had great men not wasted time...
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,439 Regulator

i've heard the term microwave generation, and it's quite apt at describing this trend. it's like we all want everything now, without actually working for it. i think the biggest symptom of this problem is the obesity epidemic. people wanna lose weight, but they want a magic pill or surgery, they don't wanna actually do the only 2 things that really work, eating right and exercising.
    Wild Self
  • BwoahmizzeeBwoahmizzee Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    instant gratification will fuck you up

for lack of better words

sometimes it's good, depending on what it is

I just said alot without sayin alot
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    over_kill wrote: »
    @damobb
    If you catch an STD from someone you care about then it was the satisfying the instant gratification of that someone whom you cared about that carelessly fucked around on you.

In terms of food im speaking on how people usually select their food choices and it's usually by taste. What will make their mouths happy most likely. Not by making a carb choice, protein choice, a fats choice etc etc.

but as far as the food is concerned u dont kno what u like unless u try it.... there is alot of things people " dont like" they have never tried ( tripe, chitlins, pig feet, snoot, frog legs, sushi, sqid ect.) but they are more inclined 2 eat cheese burgers, chicken, greens or tacos cuz they grew up on it... yes that food is bad 4 u but its food they kno...

and as far as the sex thing u are more likly 2 catch a std or get pregnant/get her pregnant a person u kno... thus saying its more 2 it then jus the gratifacation...

but alcohol tobacco and drugs have no other purpose then 2 make u feel good.. the other 2 u can have other motives 2 the situation the gratifacation can be a plus... with the last one there is no other reason 2 do any of them other then 2 feel good..

but i get where u are coming from and there are people who fuck jus 2 fuck... and people who eat food jus 2 eat food... but both are both jus a small percentage of people..