What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Will Smith rigged his career for $$$. Bill Simmons on Will Smith as an actor.

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo is a great actor but he's don't have the range on rolls he can do like Smith.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    None of those movies are classic

7 pounds was boring and Ali was mostly interesting due to the figure Ali was

compare it to Ray

and I am Legend>>>Pursuit of Happyness
  • Matt-
    Matt- stew Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Leo is a great actor but he's don't have the range on rolls he can do like Smith.

explain.

• Matt-
    Matt- stew Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    but i do find it noteworthy that of the top 30 highest grossing films, johhny depp has 4 i think, and Leo 2. Smith 0.

i think a case could be made for both Smith and Leo as to which has more range, but i think its undeniable that Depp 🤬 on both of 'em
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Will Smith got rarefied charisma, so I know he can play a much more epic villain than Denzel if he chose to do so. Son is great.

hell naw
    I'm not doubting will but no way could he pull it off as cleanly and genuine as denzel did in TD....
  • Shizlansky
    @Matt Depp is a much better actor then Leo, so is Tom Hanks.

Depp and Smith its hard to say who's better IMO

R.D. Jr is a really good actor to.

Smith is top 3 and Leo is top 10 IMO.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leos accent in Blood Diamond was horrendous
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically dude is mad cuz Will Smith gets money.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ Will Smith being "great" actor and "Top 3"

None of the man's films are memorable or even classic. Just disposable blockbusters

MIB3 was good but it'll be forgotten like it never dropped
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime u bring up russel crowe when talking bout will smith that aint nothing but hate....will smith makes mad money because his movies are that good
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will smith was offered the slave role in django unchained but turned it down
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    crackas are hating
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good azzz read. Soooooo pretty dude is saying is that Will Smith was smart enough to take advantage of Hollywood, figured out the formula way ahead of everybody else, used it to his advantage, took advantage of the studios before they did it to him, made BOOKOO BUCKS, and if pretty much kickin back laughin his azzz off at Hollywood now?

Genius. Can't hate him for figuring all that out. Being the goofiness, lies a brotha that scored 1600 on his SAT's. Respect this brotha's intellect.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi DragonstoneMembers, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Anytime u bring up russel crowe when talking bout will smith that aint nothing but hate....will smith makes mad money because his movies are that good

how a movie does at the box office is not indicative of its quality.
  • Shizlansky

how a movie does at the box office is not indicative of its quality.

Very true.

• Shizlansky
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL @ Will Smith being "great" actor and "Top 3"

None of the man's films are memorable or even classic. Just disposable blockbusters

MIB3 was good but it'll be forgotten like it never dropped

Your opinion.

That doesn't mean he's not a great actor.
    He can be funny, dramatic, serious, and everything else. Not to many actors can act at every end of the spectrum.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Jewish dude Adam 🤬 earns 20 milli a movie and I consider him the worst actor I've ever seen with his terrible films

Will coulda done MIB3 and Django as well. Hell, you got guys shooting 4-5 films a year.

I don't think he has the 🤬 for some films

Jamie >> Will
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo Will is being criticized cause he turn down a slave role? And u cant compare beggar vance to this....maybe will didnt want to be involved in a movie that involved 🤬 & racial slurs. As for the trailer goes to show how gullible people are they play some 70's shaft like music edit a few jokes in and yall think think the movie is going to be all fine and dandy...i saw black women being dragged in the trailer....but its cool I get it as long as whitey 🤬 get it in thee end it makes it all right...
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Will doesnt have the 🤬 to play a slave?" how does that sound???
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will still that dude..

but um... any 🤬 that joins scientology is a 🤬 wierdo and is washed.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    🤬 the dude who wrote this with his hating ass. and he said I am Legend was a bad movie wtf
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill Simmons is a hack.

His schtick is to marginalize...well, everything. Cant stand that dude
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait 🤬 in here sayin' Will > Leo?

nah man...from '90 to now...Top 5 under 60 in no order

Tom Hanks
    Denzel
    Leo
    Brad Pitt
    Johnny Depp

Will is a quality actor, no doubt...but these guys have had diverse roles...Roles where they are completely different people from themselves...Brad Pitt as Achilles...as an Irish street fighter in Snatch...Southern soldier in Inglourious...Denzel as Malcolm X...the Lawyer in Philadelphia...villain in Training Day...Hanks: Forrest Gump, Road to Perdition, Green Mile...Leo; Django, Revolutionary Road, Blood Diamond...Depp; nuff said

Will can't match these guys' diversity...Or hasn't yet
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Neither one is better than the other. Both can act, and both can do better.

I'm only confused by this guy saying Leo has had a better career, and that Will disappointed fans by not following.

Who cares if he worked with better directors? Leo is the lead role in all his movies, and gets out shined.
    Will is the lead in all his movies...because he is literally THE star. Neither one of them are moving forward...

Will is the cool, funny, likeable good guy. Leo is the squinty eyed emo face, mysterious & philosophical tortured soul.

It's what the people want, and combined...both of them have created the best cure for insomnia.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Bill Simmons is a hack.

Probably the best post in this thread. Bill Simmons is a hack.