What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Can a Teenager Be a Racist???

Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man...Puget SoundMembers Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I was recently in adebate about whether a teenager could actually be a racist, the indivdual claimed that no teenager could be a racist because they are not adults I argued that while that may be somewhat true for pre teen who is still formulating their base personality most teenager are pretty set in a mindstate by mid teens. Whether it is one of the streets, gangbanging, hustling, pimping, hoeing, addiction or racism they carry this mindstate on through life. All of those things are lifestyles for life and even when you try to throw ex in front of it they are usually just recovering from these detrimental things and are haunted by thoughts and actions that revolve around them. But Kick game back at me folks can a teenager be a racist? Or am I tripping say that they can???

Comments

  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    i know from experience a 6 year old can be racist, just depends on what goes on at home.....i was in kindergarten we were about to go on a fieldtrip, me and this white boy the last two left to get on.....the teacher tells us to sit together in the last seat and the lil dude said " i dont wanna ride with that brown boy".....there was no scuffle just name calling and what not....🤬 funny as hell now tho
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That individual should 🤬 himself with fire.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundMembers Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @icecoldstew come defend your position homie...
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    I disagree that most teenagers are pretty set in a mindstate by mid teens.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they were raised to be that way. Children don't have a clue of what racism is. They just want to play.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch A Tribe Called Fresh Philly, PA, by way of Ca$hville, TNMembers Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    I was recently in adebate about whether a teenager could actually be a racist, the indivdual claimed that no teenager could be a racist because they are not adults I argued that while that may be somewhat true for pre teen who is still formulating their base personality most teenager are pretty set in a mindstate by mid teens. Whether it is one of the streets, gangbanging, hustling, pimping, hoeing, addiction or racism they carry this mindstate on through life. All of those things are lifestyles for life and even when you try to throw ex in front of it they are usually just recovering from these detrimental things and are haunted by thoughts and actions that revolve around them. But Kick game back at me folks can a teenager be a racist? Or am I tripping say that they can???

    Of course teenagers can be racist. Why would you doubt yourself in that regard? Just because you're not an adult (and "adult" is purely a subjective term here; I know 20 and 30 years olds who are as childish as some teenagers) doesnt mean that you can't take up a certain ideology or philosophy. For the most part, racism is ignorant and illogicial, so whoever adopts a racist ideology clearly hasn't reached a mature level of knowledge regardless of his or her age.

    Pre-teens and children can be racist, but because of their natural lack of maturity, their racist ideology would most likley be very limited and very simple-minded in comparison to more mature racists.

    I too disagree with the idea that teenagers formulate a solid mindstate by that age. I think that scientists have said that we become mostly set in our ways by our mid 20s and I think I'd agree but push that back to mid to late 20s. Teenagers for the most part are still very malleable and haven't even started to really live life or see the world. Having children, getting a job, going through the death of loved ones, getting a college education, travelling to new places, etc - those kinds of experiences can change a person and these things usually happen later in life when you're a teenager.

    Even some young gangbangers have stopped gangbanging once they have children because they know that gangbanging is a young and dumb kind of thing. It's just a phase. Most young people 🤬 because they didnt have a choice, you don't do that 🤬 for fun. At one point you get too old and too smart for that 🤬 . Even the ogs dont 🤬 , they're the "executives" who order the young and dumb to do the 🤬 work.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    parents racist= children racist
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room 302Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, you can. 14-15 is old enough to form your own opinions.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A teenager is someone that's 13-19 years old. So I don't see how a teen can't be racist.

    ...oh yeah, and teenagers aren't "children". When you're 16 (and in some cases 15) you can go to jail with adults, and get charged with felonies if you're found guilty of committing felony crimes.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, you can. 14-15 is old enough to form your own opinions.



    ...here's a classic Chappelle clip that's related to this thread. LOL.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room 302Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Yea, you can. 14-15 is old enough to form your own opinions.



    ...here's a classic Chappelle clip that's related to this thread. LOL.

    lmfao! I had that in mind when i made that post.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since race doesn't exist i'm not sure we can really call ethnic prejudice racism.

    #IrrelevantCommentKing
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Born alone, die alone. Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    DAMITT wrote: »
    parents racist= children racist

    co sign this post.

    racism is taught.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMITT wrote: »
    parents racist= children racist

    co sign this post.

    racism is taught.

    Racism is inborn due to instincts.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    DAMITT wrote: »
    parents racist= children racist

    co sign this post.

    racism is taught.

    Racism is inborn due to instincts.

    i agree to a certain extent..because its human nature to feel superior to others. Its a personality trait.

    but when you have a teenager running around calling people 🤬 and spics, or using stereo types. Its because they heard that from their parents. Your not born thinking like that somewhere down the line you were taught that or heard that.



  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, stupid question. Next....
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundMembers Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trockm wrote: »
    Yes, stupid question. Next....
    I asked because of a running argument I am having about how racism is like a cancer or addiction that people can be in recovery from it or functioning while beings so, but the actions and thought processes are still there. Same with Streetlife(Gangbanging, Hustling, Pimping,Using, Dealing etc...) that while one may not be active the mentality once adopted stays even when they are doing and living in complete contrast(Like dry drunks). The teenage years being the ones that set the pace for the rest of life are indicitive of the unrefined personalities we tend to carry for the rest of life so teenagers that are involved in these things carry that and can indeed be racists in my oppinion...

  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Trockm wrote: »
    Yes, stupid question. Next....
    I asked because of a running argument I am having about how racism is like a cancer or addiction that people can be in recovery from it or functioning while beings so, but the actions and thought processes are still there. Same with Streetlife(Gangbanging, Hustling, Pimping,Using, Dealing etc...) that while one may not be active the mentality once adopted stays even when they are doing and living in complete contrast(Like dry drunks). The teenage years being the ones that set the pace for the rest of life are indicitive of the unrefined personalities we tend to carry for the rest of life so teenagers that are involved in these things carry that and can indeed be racists in my oppinion...

    I feel you on that.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Teens can be racist, especially if they come from a family of racists. Doesn't mean they'll stay that way though.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Isn't almost every aspect of life in general considered racist by most black people? & that includes the weather. Hell I've even heard that little white babies are racist & several people within this site have made claims like that on occasionally.
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    DAMITT wrote: »
    parents racist= children racist

    /thread

    sometimes the child will realize that their parents are wrong but that's usually not the case.

  • EvanR12
    EvanR12 Members Posts: 60
    If they listen to alot of the people on this website they will become racist.