What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

2pac or Jay Z?(who's ranked higher on a GOAT list)?

Mvpbrodie93
Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum
2 legends no need for intro, this isn't a who I like Better thread, this is a who's a better emcee?

Albums
lyricism
battle
changing up styles
trendsetting
legacy
songwriting
social impact
industry impact
respect in game

Comments

• midwestgangsta
    midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
    edited July 2010
    the top 2 in rap of all time goes

1. Tupac

2. Jay Z
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2010
    jay z set more trends in rap then PAC?
    albums-2pac
    lyricism-Jay-Z
    battle-2pac
    changing up styles-Jay-Z
    trendsetting-Jay-Z
    legacy-2pac
    songwriting-2pac
    social impact-2pac
    industry impact-Jay-Z
    Respect in tha game-2pac

2pac-6
    Jay-Z-4

i liked how you broke that down, neva seen nebody do it like that b4. But IMO, based off of that i'd go w/ Pac
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    pac slaughtered 🤬 -z multiple times and all that 🤬 could do was ride his nutz. pac destroyed the entire east coast. he went to war w/big and smashed him but played 🤬 -z like a little child who knew he was in over his head and only threw pop shots at him. how is this even open to debate??? not only did pac crush the best the east had he crushed the entire coast. you lost by even asking this 1 sided question.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2010
    not this again u cant compare pac & j they r 2 totally different people plus if tupac was still alive therr would b no jigga...once pac wouldve crush'd biggie & bad boy jay-z wouldve fell off 2...
  • thedarkprince
    thedarkprince Members Posts: 429
    edited July 2010
    Albums-Jay-z
    lyricism-Jay-Z
    battle-Jay-Z
    changing up styles-Jay-Z
    trendsetting-Jay-Z
    legacy-2 Pac
    songwriting-Tie
    social impact-2 Pac
    industry impact-Jay-Z
    respect in game-Tie

Overrall Jay wins this easily. Pac is so overrated in my opinion.
  • skpjr78
    edited July 2010
    Albums-Jay-z
    lyricism-Jay-Z
    battle-Jay-Z
    changing up styles-Jay-Z
    trendsetting-Jay-Z
    legacy-2 Pac
    songwriting-Tie
    social impact-2 Pac
    industry impact-Jay-Z
    respect in game-Tie

^^^^^^^^^^^Stan
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited July 2010
    albums - Pac
    lyricism - Jay
    battle - Pac
    changing up styles - Jay
    trendsetting - Jay
    legacy - Pac
    songwriting - Pac
    social impact - Pac
    industry impact - Jay
    respect in game - Jay

I guess to break the tie I'll add in classic catalog, which imo Pac has more of so I'm going with Pac
  • skpjr78
    edited July 2010
    Albums-Jay-z
    lyricism-Jay-Z
    battle-Jay-Z
    changing up styles-Jay-Z
    trendsetting-Jay-Z
    legacy-2 Pac
    songwriting-Tie
    social impact-2 Pac
    industry impact-Jay-Z
    respect in game-Tie

Not only is this guy a Stan but he is from the UK. Who gives a 🤬 what they think. You clowns wouldnt know real 🤬 if it fell outta prince harry's ass. Not only that but its the 4th of July. This is the day we celebrtae kicking your 🤬 ass back to england. Hip hip cheerio 🤬 tell 🤬 -z and queen elizabeth they can both kiss my ass.
  • gee757
    edited July 2010
    gee757 wrote: »
    if tupac was still alive therr would b no jigga....

• gee757
    edited July 2010
    yea, i would say so because j was responsible for 🤬 not wearin jerseys no more. i mean pac neva came on a record and said itz not kewl to wear this no more and the entire country suddenly stop or start rockin that 🤬 . i mean what trend did pac start or stop? pac was not the first gangster rapper so you cant say he set the trend for gangsta rappaz. you'd have to give that to ice-t or nwa. J had ALOT to do w/ tha stoppin of auto-tune 2, which i'm thankful for as well. um...i really over here trying to think of a trend pac started and i'm comming up w/ nothing potnah. he wasn't the 1st person to do a diss record. he wasn't tha 1st concious rapper.

man 2pac said 'FUUUK JAY-Z' n 96 & nobody bought reasonable doubt after tupac said that n 96...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2010
    Jay z is not a better songwriter then tupac.

Albums-Jay-z
    lyricism-Jay-Z
    battle-Jay-Z
    changing up styles-Jay-Z
    trendsetting-Jay-Z
    legacy-2 Pac
    songwriting-Tie
    social impact-2 Pac
    industry impact-Jay-Z
    respect in game-Tie

• Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Not only is this guy a Stan but he is from the UK. Who gives a 🤬 what they think. You clowns wouldnt know real 🤬 if it fell outta prince harry's ass. Not only that but its the 4th of July. This is the day we celebrtae kicking your 🤬 ass back to england. Hip hip cheerio 🤬 tell 🤬 -z and queen elizabeth they can both kiss my ass.[/QUOTE]

got damn gif
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2010
    Don't turn this into q 🤬 jay z thread it's a discusson
  • gee757
    edited July 2010
    Don't turn this into q 🤬 jay z thread it's a discusson

lol well u did it 2 ya self by makin this recycled thread cuz u cant compare 2pac & j u just cant do it sean will tell u that himself.....once pac said fuuk j jigga didnt blow up until 2yrz after tupacz death...
  • thedarkprince
    edited July 2010
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Not only is this guy a Stan but he is from the UK. Who gives a 🤬 what they think. You clowns wouldnt know real 🤬 if it fell outta prince harry's ass. Not only that but its the 4th of July. This is the day we celebrtae kicking your 🤬 ass back to england. Hip hip cheerio 🤬 tell 🤬 -z and queen elizabeth they can both kiss my ass.

Lol cant handle the truth my 🤬 .....lol i kno it hurts!!!
  • gee757
    edited July 2010
    datz because hov wasn't an established artist yet. pac didnt stop biggie, nas, mobb deep, etc etc from going platinum.

ya rite but 2pac was shittin on all of them wit sellz nobody was seein 2pac while he was alive & thatz a fact!! & tupac got everybody & they momma tryna b thugz 2day j even said "LADIEZ LUV ME LONG TIME LIKE TUPACZ SOUL" after pac said fuuk him & thatz a big slap 2 biggiez face...
  • thedarkprince
    edited July 2010
    Jay z is not a better songwriter then tupac.

Lol i didnt say he was better i said it was a tie...everything else is onpoint tho.
  • skpjr78
    edited July 2010
    yea, i would say so because j was responsible for 🤬 not wearin jerseys no more. i mean pac neva came on a record and said itz not kewl to wear this no more and the entire country suddenly stop or start rockin that 🤬 . i mean what trend did pac start or stop? pac was not the first gangster rapper so you cant say he set the trend for gangsta rappaz. you'd have to give that to ice-t or nwa. J had ALOT to do w/ tha stoppin of auto-tune 2, which i'm thankful for as well. um...i really over here trying to think of a trend pac started and i'm comming up w/ nothing potnah. he wasn't the 1st person to do a diss record. he wasn't tha 1st concious rapper.

what the 🤬 is wrong with yall trend following ass 🤬 . thats what 🤬 the rap game up in the 1st place. hell naw pac wasnt affiliated with no 🤬 ass trends. only fake ass pop culture 🤬 care about what is popular at this moment 🤬 . realness is forever trends last for 15 minutes. the only thing worse than a 🤬 ass trend is a 🤬 ass follower.

its 2 types of 🤬 in this rap world. its real 🤬 and its trend 🤬 . real 🤬 never goes outt style but trend 🤬 have to switch it up every 6 months and thats y they never last or they lose all real 🤬 points. its trend following ass 🤬 like yall why hip-hop is watered down now. yall following ass 🤬 will do whatever radio, mtv, bet, and 🤬 -z tell yall 🤬 🤬 2 do. thats y its so many 🤬 🤬 walking around right now in skinny jeans and 🤬 . yall was the same 🤬 🤬 wearing bright ass shinny ass bubble coats b/c yall following 🤬 🤬 was jocking puff and mase 🤬 ass trends.

smh @ short lived trend ass 🤬 getting points 4 telling a bunch of following ass 🤬 what 2 do.
  • chiru
    chiru Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    if pac was still alive he would´va set a trend to : it´s ok to rebel aginst the croocked goverments.
    imo, this 2 can´t be compared.pac was a revolutionary and jay z...well donno wich class to give him.

later edit
    you right, but my point is he didnt START gangsta rap. in order to be a trendsetter of gangsta rap, u'd have to be one of tha 1st gangsters rappers. he wasn't. he was shittin on them w/ sells but thatz not trendsetting. he wasn't tha 1st rapper to 🤬 on everybody else w/ record sales.
    man what´s with you and the trends? no pun man,put trends are for chicks.
  • MeMyselfNI
    MeMyselfNI Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    2Pac
    cause i dont follow rep trends, i dont see rappers wearing this n that n go get it..i follow my own trends n deep down more 🤬 in the game has more respect 4 2Pac than the do for mr carter, but again the other dude talking bout jayz got 🤬 2 stop wearing jersey n 🤬 stopped..like the 🤬 do i care about wat rappers wear 🤬 lol
  • gee757
    edited July 2010
    you right, but my point is he didnt START gangsta rap. in order to be a trendsetter of gangsta rap, u'd have to be one of tha 1st gangsters rappers. he wasn't. he was shittin on them w/ sells but thatz not trendsetting. he wasn't tha 1st rapper to 🤬 on everybody else w/ record sales.

ya rite tupac start'd THUG LIFE n mainstream rap!! & pac took diss recordz 2 a whole nu level wit HIT EM UP.....
  • gee757
    edited July 2010
    naw, nwa started thug life in mainstream rap and ice cube took diss records to anotha level w/ no vaseline

i disagree nwa brought gangsta rap 2 da mainstream imo....& no vaseline aint 🤬 compared 2 hit em up lol
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Fazer o que você gosta é liberdade. Gostar do que você faz é felicidade Chocolate CityMembers Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Jay-Z stopped people from wearing Jerseys? When did this happen?

I give this thread to Pac. He influenced the entire game, he had better albums, songs, concepts, following, etc. He had two albums in the same year that were better than Jay-Z's debut album. As far as trendsetting, 2pac was the first rapper with a Double album, and it almost went diamond. So every rapper after him has him to thank for that. Peace Reason.
  • thedarkprince
    edited July 2010
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Jay-Z stopped people from wearing Jerseys? When did this happen?

I give this thread to Pac. He influenced the entire game, he had better albums, songs, concepts, following, etc. He had two albums in the same year that were better than Jay-Z's debut album. As far as trendsetting, 2pac was the first rapper with a Double album, and it almost went diamond. So every rapper after him has him to thank for that. Peace Reason.

lol i ill give you one thing...pac is probably the most influnetial rapper ever.....but to say he had better albums, songs or concepts nah....All eyes on me is overrated....and as good as the don killuminati was it aint 🤬 with reasonable doubt. The only thing pac had over jigga was he spoke on deep issues otherwise jay got him in every other category....plus jay got longevity in his corner.......that aint pacs fault but at the end of the day who's to say pac wouldnt have fallen off.........while jay has proven that he has the skill not only to stay relevent but to continue being at the forefront of hip-hop......i mean if that aint goat i dont kno wat is.
  • mistaincredible
    mistaincredible Members Posts: 300
    edited July 2010