What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

"I learned 90% of my game from MJ" -Kobe Bryant

Tommy bilfiger
Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Amazing footage

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Mike will always be GOAT
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody try to emulate MJ, Kobe is the one that comes closest
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This aint a jordan vs kobe thread.We already know Mj>>>>>>Kobe

this footage is crazy tho these shots are carbon copies
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    that's very impressive.

i have tapes of me in high school doing the same thing when it comes to the backdown/drop step fallaways and pull-up jumpers. my shooting motion were just about the same. i didn't learn my game from watching Jordan, as the shots came naturally because of how the defender was guarding me, how the plays were set up, and the situation at hand.

Look at how the defenders were guarding Jordan, then look at how they were defending Kobe.......the same, which allowed Kobe to come off like Jordan.

Kobe mimics Jordan's movements after the shot and making his way up the court, but that was a very impressive montage.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    This aint a jordan vs kobe thread.We already know Mj>>>>>>Kobe

this footage is crazy tho these shots are carbon copies
    LOL but you know where this is going to go regardless.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill never forget when Kobe copied the MJ one hand palm reach fake in a game....
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igot5onit wrote: »
    I never got why people got on Kobe for trying to be like MJ. Why wouldn't you want to set the bar high for yourself by emulating the greatest player of all time?
    Me either. Wouldn't make since to try and emulate anyone but the best if possible.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of those things are just normal ass plays done on identical spots on the floor. But Kobe has many moves MJ never did, especially that baseline reverse dunk.

MJ >>>>> Kobe in terms of accomplishments and legacy, but Kobe is just as technically skilled.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic
  • ghost!
    ghost! Not f8kin' around Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

cot damn! that ish was eery, in a good way! Good drop!
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    who mad?

that is kinda uncanny, tho. he got that 🤬 down pat
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From pupil to master.

Cool vid, props to two of the GOATS

Ill soundtrack..

bout time we had an appreciation thread
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the amount of time spent finding footage and then finding the same moves musta been crazy
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotdamn these vids are epic
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 is GOAT
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope footage, both had a killer mid-range fade-away. Im sure Kobe studied MJ, both alot other things had to go right for those highlights to be 1:1. I dont think Kobe intentionally put himself in a position for the defense to guard him so he can pull off an MJ move.

The mannerism are another story though
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see nothing wrong with studying the blueprint. If more cats did the game would be different, and it seems Kobe put in the work like MJ did. 🤬 I know I wanted to shoot like Bird growing up, even perfected that high arching shot, a loto f kids emulated a player back in the day
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to be great... you must learn from greatness
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that footage was uncanny, nice vid choice Tommy
  • king hassan
    @c1 you just said a mouthful homie, 🤬 MJ honed his skills watching other players as well
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who better to immulate than your childhood idol? I stole a face up fake right drive left from James Worthy myself. I'd hope he wasn't tryna mock Sam Bowie's moves.
  • king hassan
    @Dr Jek, I know what move you speak of, I used that one too lol. Plant the left foot, quick fake with the right then go left