What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

For Possibly the First Time in Florida’s History, a Girl Could Play High School Quarterback

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
By: Doug Barry

It's not really that anomalous (at least in Florida) for a high school football team to feature a Becky "Icebox" O'Shea of its very own — state records indicate that 523 girls have played high school football since 1973, with 36 playing last year as kickers, receivers, defensive backs and even, on one occasion, offensive linehuman. Not until Erin DiMeglio, however, had any girls played quarterback.

According to the Sun-Sentinel, the 17-year-old DiMeglio probably became the first female high school football player to take snaps from under center last Friday when she took the field for the final ten minutes of a game her South Plantation High School team was playing against Seminole Ridge. DiMeglio, South Plantation's third string quarterback, called all the plays and completed two passes during her brief time at the helm of her team, thus prompting all the coaches and old-timey high school football spectators to collectively scratch their heads and remark that watching DiMeglio sling the ovoid ball around the ol' gridiron was a first for them and now they could die knowing that girls can too throw footballs just as well (sometimes way better) than dudes.

DiMeglio has earned praise from her coaches for being athletic enough to keep up with the boys and carry out all of post-industrial chores the game of American football requires of its assembly-line players. Her coach, Doug Gatewood, marvels at DiMeglio's athletic prowess, explaining that, unlike some other female players that the football team has had suit up, DiMeglio can do her job just as well as her male counterparts:
I had a girl try out at wide receiver that couldn't make it through practice and I had a kicker that really couldn't make a field goal, so I didn't keep them. Erin can actually do what we ask of her...she completes the passes I ask, she knows the plays. ... Anything I ask her to do, she does.

The team admits to taking some special precautions when DiMeglio is under center, but her litany of broken bones and concussions that she's suffered playing basketball should prove that she's tough enough to take a hit. Still, some internet lurkers have had some not-awesome things to say about DiMeglio playing quarterback, because, well...just because, I guess.

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 look like terry bradshaw
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see bishes everyday that could be all-american 3-technique defensive linemen.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just image how ass those other QB's gotta be , #12 in the background gotta be the worst 🤬 ever
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably throw better the Tebow. I know she has better form.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I came into this thread with the thought..."I bet this chick looks like Peyton Manning... lol she got a typical "all American" QB jawline... thats for damn sure.. she gets popped once and shes done for..

Im all for woman being on equal footing but by the time they reach 8 they shouldnt be thinking about playing football with boys..
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this happens.... the backup QB gets no 🤬 at that school I can guarantee you
  • Matt-
    Matt- stew Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she will most definitely meet "🤬 -shifter"
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Why would a girl wanna play football with guys???
  • Matt-
    lol @ this being a part of the article
    Still, some internet lurkers........
  • Matt-
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Why would a girl wanna play football with guys???

yeah really. she should have just stuck to the all girls football team like the other 🤬
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O/T, but I got the feeling that I'll see a Division 1 or professional championship Female coach in Basketball and or Football. Especially basketball.

I honestly feel Pat Summit could be just as good as Calipari or Coach K in MCBB if she would've been given the chance.

For a couple reasons...

1. Women coaches stress fundamentals and don't lean on talent alone. (I know tennessee recruited the best 🤬 , but their fundamentals were second to none.)

2. Unfortunately, many of the men in those leagues grew up in single parent homes so they know how to take direction from a woman in charge.

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either ol becky can really take a pounding *no pun.....* or those opposing defensive players aint 🤬
  • Matt-
    http://youtu.be/t_qSCE5LaFI

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall 🤬 acting like QB be any good in HS, it be a handful of good QBs. Rest of them dudes be straight ass and can't throw a bit. They be the backup only cuz they athletic.

So its probably a real chance she's better then the backup cuz she probably actually knows how to throw.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She throws like TEbow!!!!!!!!!
  • Matt-
    Meant to be inb4 tebow reference
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word, I think if anything we'll see a woman college football coach before a female playing quarterback in cfb...i can see a swac team having a female head coach.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao @ coop9889
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "thats not how you make a sandwich."
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHatever, holla when the 🤬 gets knocked on her ass by a linebacker when her left tackle 🤬 up. Then we'll talk.
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    damn i played against that school in high school. 🤬 sucked backed then too
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Members Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when she makes a good play, do they all slap her on her ass?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven I don't knowMembers Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EBRC?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do she got that wet wet?