What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

How do you measure maturity?

LUClEN
LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone elseMembers Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I've been called immature a lot in my life. More so in my teens than now, but i still laugh at 🤬 jokes and hear that comment. How the hell do you measure someone's maturity though? Is it all subjective or is there really some universal way to tell?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I dont believe there's a such thing. People simply have different personalities. I think the more playful the personality the more likely one is to be called "immature."

It seems like "mature" has become a synonym/the term for for "boring, 🤬 , 🤬 uncomfortable in his/her own skin."
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still do some of the things i do at 12 like watch cartoons and play video games and eat and sleep
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    i still do some of the things i do at 12 like watch cartoons and play video games and eat and sleep
    Nah that's what you enjoy. I don't think that has anything to do with you maturity.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    My measure of maturity is when people know how to react in certain situations. Knowing when its time to get serious.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Don't quote me bro Right hereMembers Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to remain the cool logical party in any given situation..

The more a person is exposed to all life has to dish out, the better equipped they will be when it comes to adversity and reward when playing the game of life..

Once a person is able to maneuver thru life comfortably and at their pace, they are mature..
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a chick younger than me tell me she's mature for age, she's a lying little girl. Chick just meet me and you love a dude already? She fried. I gauge a persons maturity level on how they handle situations. All that fighting, yelling, and 🤬 is for high school. You over the age of 18 and still getting in petty ass arguments over she said this and that is dull. Thinking you a "boss 🤬 " smh the mind don't know how to handle such complex issuses such as not wanting people to think your scared. A real lady wouldn't be involved in such trivial matters.
  • supYo
    supYo Members Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont know...mixed with both.....i feel old....i feel young

maurity for me is wisedom
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Maturity = age.

/thread.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self-control and wisdom. There's a time and place for everything.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even genocide?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with a....ehh 🤬 you lou.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 7figz
    My measure of maturity is when people know how to react in certain situations. Knowing when its time to get serious.

AKA Experience.

• 7figz
    Mature: Adjective:
    Fully developed physically; full-grown.

No matter how 🤬 try to redefine, all "mature" means is to age.
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    7fIG wrote: »

You sound immature
  • 7figz
    edited August 2012
    rockets wrote: »

You sound immature

Correction - Dictionary.com / MerriamWebster.com / Wikipedia.com sound immature.
  • unspoken_respect

AKA Experience.
    People can have experience but still make the same mistakes. I think maturity is learning from experience.
  • 7figz

AKA Experience.
    People can have experience but still make the same mistakes. I think maturity is learning from experience.

True that - experience and application.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You can't be a perpetual 20 year old." - My mom and dad.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    I define maturity as how long a person can stay focused in a serious situation.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Mature to me is recognizing the fact that you have responsibilities and making progress in taking care of them; that means taking responsibility for your actions whether it's something like owning up to what you said, keeping your word or something like providing for your family
  • Purr
    Purr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the 🤬 size.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its about attitude, reactions and mentality. I enjoy a lot of the same things I did as a teenager but my views on life, my reactions to situations and my mentality has changed A LOT.

In my experiences immature people tend to be selfish, they lack understanding of trials & tribulations, they also tend to be temperamental and irresponsible.

As you age those things tend to cease a bit, not saying people can't be mature and not have any of those traits but from my experience immature people can't handle adult situations like they should.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the 🤬 size.

If this was true I'd be a 10 year old forever.