What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

What's Cooking ?

Sion
Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorMembers, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
edited September 2012 in The Powder Room
Alright I wanted this thread to be a tribute to the art of cooking and baking. If yall got any recipes and things you wanna swap post them up. I'll post up several recipes and stuff throughout the thread. Feel free to also throw in some tips. Ladies I'm trying to learn some stuff LOL so allow this thread be a learning experience for everyone.

This one is Linguine pasta and shrimp

Mediterranean-linguine-with-shrimp-and-feta-0-l.jpg

Ingredients
1/2 500 g pkg linguine
2 tsp olive oil
454 g pkg frozen large (or small size) peeled shrimp, thawed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup white wine
796 ml can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tbsp capers, drained (optional)
1/4 cup chopped parsley

Directions - cook the pasta first, then in a separate non stick pan add the oil and shrimp, cook it thoroughly until it turns pink (make sure heat is around medium-high during this phase). After the shrimp is cooked turn the heat lower and then add the vegetables. Once the veggies have soften add the white wine, let it simmer for about 5 minutes.

Season with pepper, add pasta, stir sauce, vegetables, shrimp and just throw on the parsley.

I posted a picture of what the dish should look like above LOLOL.

* you could also throw in parmasean cheese and the white wine isn't necessary to add if you're not into alcohol but it does make a difference in taste.

* thyme isn't necessary and you can mix up the type of pasta, you can use penne or fusilli pasta instead of linguine. Basic spaghetti is fine too.

Also something you'll notice is that I don't cook with a lot of salt (doesn't really mess with the taste tho cuz I found ways around it). I'm very health conscious about that stuff. This should keep the pounds off too b/c you're getting adequate protein and you've got a decent dosage of veggies.

I'll post some more recipes soon.....

Comments

• Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    @Ms Southern , I stickied this thread but since this is your room feel free to unstick it anytime you want if you feel it doesn't need to be stickied.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    My thing is mostly pasta and rice and chicken - those 2 things I got recipes for. I'll add some more soon.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta STFUMembers Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    made pesto salmon yesterday, problem is i never measure 🤬 so I couldnt tell you wassup : (
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Didn't cook but my lady is coming home later than usual and I'm gonna get her some Kobe beef and broccoli for a nice late night dinner.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta STFUMembers Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i fit wrote: »
    Didn't cook but my lady is coming home later than usual and I'm gonna get her some Kobe beef and broccoli for a nice late night dinner.
    AWWWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    that pic made me hungry