What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Natural Health Remedy Thread

SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorMembers, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
edited October 2012 in The Weight Room
Post any natural health remedies.....

Comments

• VIBEVIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Thread is for every that is natural and pure for your health; superfoods, herbal foods/drinks/supplements, fruit/vegetable drinks, natural pain relievers, brain foods (helps memory & development), "anti-aging" foods, weight loss, heart healthy, body cleansing, better sex life, natural energy etc...

I'll start off with superfoods.

Imagine a superfood -- not a drug -- powerful enough to help you lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer, and, for an added bonus, put you in a better mood. Did we mention that there are no side effects? You'd surely stock up on a lifetime supply. Guess what? These life-altering superfoods are available right now in your local supermarket.

"The effect that diet can have on how you feel today and in the future is astounding," says nutritionist Elizabeth Somer,
    author of Nutritionfor aHealthy Pregnancy, Food & Mood, and The Essential Guide to Vitamins and Minerals.
    "Even people who are healthy can make a few tweaks and the impact will be amazing," Somer says. "I'd say that 50% to 70% of suffering could be eliminated by what people eat and how they move: heart disease, diabetes, cancer, hypertension can all be impacted."

You don't need specific foods for specific ailments. A healthy diet incorporating a variety of the following superfoods will help you maintain your weight, fight disease, and live longer. One thing they all have in common: "Every superfood is going to be a 'real' (unprocessed) food," Somer points out. "You don't find fortified potato chips in the superfood category."

Top Superfoods Offering Super Health Protection

Beans
    Blueberries
    Broccoli
    Oats
    Oranges
    Pumpkin
    Salmon
    Soy
    Spinach
    Tea (green or black)
    Tomatoes
    Turkey
    Walnuts
    Yogurt

Blueberries -- Antioxidant Superfood

Packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, these berries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are also anti-inflammatory.
    "Inflammation is a key driver of all chronic diseases, so blueberries have a host of benefits," says Ann Kulze, MD, of Charleston, S.C., author of Dr. Ann's 10-Step Diet, A Simple Plan for Permanent Weight Loss & Lifelong Vitality. When selecting berries, note that the darker they are, the more anti-oxidants they have. "I tell everyone to have a serving (about 1/2 cup) every day," Dr. Kulze says. "Frozen are just as good as fresh." Be sure to include lots of other fruits and vegetables in your diet as well. Remember too that, in general, the more color they have, the more antioxidants.

Omega 3-Rich Fish -- Superfoods for the Heart, Joints, and Memory

"We know that the omega 3s you get in fish lower heart disease risk, help arthritis, and may possibly help with memory loss and Alzheimer's," Somer says. "There is some evidence to show that it reduces depression as well."
    Omega-3s are most prevalent in fatty, cold-water fish: Look for wild (not farmed) salmon, herring, sardines, and mackerel. Aim for two-to-three servings a week. Other forms of omega 3s are available in fortified eggs, flax seed, and walnuts. These superfoods have the added benefit of being high in monounsaturated fats, which can lower cholesterol.

Soy -- Superfood to Lower Cholesterol

A study reported in The Journal of the American Medical Association (2003) showed that a diet of soy fiber, protein from oats and barley, almonds, and margarine from plant sterols lowered cholesterol as much as statins, the most widely prescribed cholesterol medicine. "Look for tofu, soy milk, or edamame -- not soy powder," says Somer. In other words, soy sauce won't do the trick. One caveat: If you have a family history of breast cancer it is not recommended that you eat extra soy.

Fiber -- Superfood Aids Weight Loss and Checks Cholesterol

A diet high in fiber will help you maintain healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels. As a bonus, because fiber helps you feel full longer, it's a great tool in weight management. Whole grains, beans, fruit, and vegetables are all good sources. Try throwing some beans in your salad, recommends Kulze. "Fresh, frozen, or dried are the best. You can use canned, but they tend to be higher in sodium," Kulze warns.

Tea -- Superfood for Lowering Cholesterol and Inhibiting Cancer

"The overall antioxidant power of black tea is the same as green tea," says Kulze, "but green tea does have ECGC, a powerful antioxidant that we really do think is quite special." A recent Japanese study on green tea found that men who drank green tea regularly had lower cholesterol than those who didn't. Researchers in Spain and the United Kingdom have also shown that ECGC can inhibit the growth of cancer cells. For a double health whammy, replace sugary sodas with tea.

Calcium

OK, OK, you know the drill: Calcium helps build strong bones and prevents osteoporosis. Look for it in dairy products or supplements. Added bonus: Some studies show that calcium helps with weight loss. Here are the calcium levels recommended for adults by the USDA:

Age 9 to 18 -- 1,300 mg
    Age 19 to 50 -- 1,000 mg
    Age 51 and over -- 1,200 mg

And Finally, the Yummiest Superfood Yet ... Dark Chocolate

New research has shown that dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants and can lower blood pressure. Kulze recommends that you look for chocolate with 60% or higher cocoa content; the darker, the better. In addition, the darker it is, the lower the fat and sugar content. Now that's our kind of health food!
  • sullysully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this doesn't turn into a nonsense thread, where i'm gonna have to come in and correct everyone. 8-|
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    🤬 just give me some time, I'll return later to post up some stuff.

Glad you made this thread fam.
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good thread i been trying to get my health game up lately
  • AZTGAZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up 🤬 root. It has too many benefits to name here. Dice up 🤬 root, cook it for about 30 minutes, after that take it out the water, put it in a jar, fill the jar up with honey, and then put some cinnamon in the jar. Let it sit for about 2 weeks (only because 🤬 is spicy as hell, if you can handle spice you wont have to wait). When the 🤬 is ready, all you need to do is eat once of the diced pieces a day. Dont eat more then that cause it'll give you the 🤬 .

The benefits range from speeding up your metabolism, to cleaning your digestive track, to helping reduce cholesterol, to helping wit diabetes, to reducing headaches, and is also an inflammatory substance. And thats not even the half, maybe not even a quarter of its benefits.

Also, before you eat the piece of 🤬 in the morning, its good to open the jar and take 2 big sniffs of it because of the cinnamon in it. There is a study trying to prove that smelling cinnamon every morning will increase cognitive abilities, this isn't proven yet/
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    go stuff
  • Got Em ShookGot Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azad wrote: »
    Look up 🤬 root. It has too many benefits to name here. Dice up 🤬 root, cook it for about 30 minutes, after that take it out the water, put it in a jar, fill the jar up with honey, and then put some cinnamon in the jar. Let it sit for about 2 weeks (only because 🤬 is spicy as hell, if you can handle spice you wont have to wait). When the 🤬 is ready, all you need to do is eat once of the diced pieces a day. Dont eat more then that cause it'll give you the 🤬 .

The benefits range from speeding up your metabolism, to cleaning your digestive track, to helping reduce cholesterol, to helping wit diabetes, to reducing headaches, and is also an inflammatory substance. And thats not even the half, maybe not even a quarter of its benefits.

Also, before you eat the piece of 🤬 in the morning, its good to open the jar and take 2 big sniffs of it because of the cinnamon in it. There is a study trying to prove that smelling cinnamon every morning will increase cognitive abilities, this isn't proven yet/

Yeah, was reading about gingers benefits yesterday, good stuff...
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about supplementing it so I dont have to do all that work

almonds>>walnuts as far as health benefits, also sweet potatoes have a lot of good benefits
    Almond 🤬 >>>

You can do that too.
  • AmotekunAmotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://sphotos-a.🤬 .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/558327_10151016240301561_1201730725_n.jpg[/img]
  • NeighborhoodNomad. NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel a cold about to hit you. Get some 🤬 root and lemon.
    Chop it up and pour content into cup
    Boil water
    Pour water into cup
    Let cool for a couple min
    Sip

How would you supplement it?
    When it comes to anti-aging foods, one of the best things you can do is get ginseng root (any of the 3 kinds) and prepare it in the same way that I explained how to prepare the 🤬 .

First, let me explain what I mean by anti-aging. At the moment, im forgetting what the proper term is, so ill just try to define it. As we all know, the food source in the US is highly contaminated. What I mean by contamination is, there are way too much hormones and chemicals used in almost all of our food supply (unless you eat organic). What this does is it ages our bodies faster. For example, if a person in NY has the same exact diet as a person in a village in some Asian country, and they have average genetics (meaning genetically one does not age faster then the other), the person from Asia will look much younger, and on top of that, his body would be healthier and less worn out. There are two reason for this, 1. there is so much hormones and chemicals in our food that our bodies have to work extra hard to pump all of it out. This causes more tear. 2. Because the asians person food is all organic, there are much more vitamins and minerals and what not in his food, so his body is getting more nutrition. This makes us in the the US age much faster and have less energy. But in the US, its not just the food, tap water we use to cook with also has all types of chemicals, and the air we breathe is polluted leading our bodies to again work hard to pump all the extra chemicals our of our bodies.

Ginseng, on top of having tens of different benefits, can also help rejuvenate our bodies against all the wear and tear and the extra aging that we get from chemical laced foods, water, and air pollution. This is not yet proven, (especially because all types of western medicine is against the concept), but studies done in Europe, Russia, and Asian countries, have found significant data proving it.

Im going to type a few posts explaining the 🤬 and ginseng concoctions. If you were not interested in them to begin with, then skip over these posts.

First 🤬 and Ginseng is real effective against heart disease, cholesterol, and diabetes. In fact, and I haven tried to out with my father who has high cholesterol and diabetes, it can even go as far as to replace cholesterol and diabetes medicine. The reason why I explain this is, if you are taking medicine for diabetes, any type of heart condition, and cholesterol, be careful using the 🤬 and the ginseng mixtures because it will be like an over dose on medicine. It can go as far as too make your blood too thin if you mix it with diabetes medicine for example. So make sure you do it careful if you have any of the conditions I listed above.
    You do not have to mix the 🤬 or the ginseng with honey or cinnamon, and you do not have to boil them either. The reason I recommend to boil them is because both of the roots are way too spicy, and almost impossible to eat, so boiling it will take most of the spice out, and on top of that, you can have natural 🤬 and ginseng tea to enjoy for a while.

There are two reasons why I say put them in a jar full of all natural honey. The first reason is because again, both herbs are spicy and the sweet honey can cancel out most of the nasty spice. But thats not the only reason. It's also because of all the benefits of honey. Honey is proven to be a natural antiseptic, helps tissue aiding, fights infections, has natural anti oxidants, and is a great source of energy, and thats all from the top of my head. So, eating the spoon of ginseng, which also gives natural energy and raises stamina, mixed with honey before a work out will help out a lot.

The reason I say to add cinnamon is because cinnamon is one of most beneficial things to put in your body. It basically has a benefit for every part of your body. From what i mentioned before about it helping boost cognitive ability and memory, to beings a blood thinner, to lowering cholesterol, to being a source of iron calcium magnesium and more, to helping prevent cancer, and again, thats just off the top of my head because it does so much more.

I been using these two mixtures everyday for the past year, and I can honestly say it helps a lot. The reason I first looked into 🤬 was because I wanted something to regulate my food digestion because I was always eating out, and an hour or so after eating, my stomach would always start hurting. Thats how I discovered 🤬 . And to be honest, I felt the effects of it in an hour after first eating it. For like 2 weeks, I took the biggest 🤬 because of it, and it was all because it was cleaning and regulating my digestive tract. With that said, you have to be careful eating them because if you eat too much, it will give you some epic 🤬 .

When you cut the 🤬 and the ginseng, cut them as big as your nail, and no thicker then your thumb. When you go to eat them, I usually eat them early morning, only put one piece on your spoon, and that piece will last you all day. Don't eat any more because it will cause complications.

With all that said, of course, 🤬 and ginseng are seperate concoctions, dont put them in the same jar, make sure they both got their separate jars, with the honey and cinnamon.

🤬 can be easily found in any grocery story, when you get it, you have to peel it, and then boil it, 🤬 however is much harder to find and much more expensive. You can get it online, but I usually just go to this asian grocery store and get it there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
  • s_a_m_r_i_os_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple cider vinegar is good for weight loss and tons of other things.
    @vibe already posted about garlic. Garlic and onions are natural antibiotics, and garlic I believe is as strong as penicillin. Next time you get sick, instead of taking some prescription antibiotics, get two heads of garlic, and chop some onions, and biol it together with milk. After its done boiling it, put some honey (and sugar in it because its nasty) in it, and pour it in a cup and drink it. You will feel better by the next morning. Dont do it if you are planning to go out though, because about 20 minutes after drinking it, you will start sweating heavy as hell and start feeling hot, thats the medicine going into effect.

The reason why I say boil it in milk is because the milk will help you go to sleep after drinking it while the garlic and onion go to work in your body.
  • AmotekunAmotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://sphotos-b.🤬 .fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/296533_10151016363751561_2007032024_n.jpg[/img]
    You do not have to mix the 🤬 or the ginseng with honey or cinnamon, and you do not have to boil them either. The reason I recommend to boil them is because both of the roots are way too spicy, and almost impossible to eat, so boiling it will take most of the spice out, and on top of that, you can have natural 🤬 and ginseng tea to enjoy for a while.

There are two reasons why I say put them in a jar full of all natural honey. The first reason is because again, both herbs are spicy and the sweet honey can cancel out most of the nasty spice. But thats not the only reason. It's also because of all the benefits of honey. Honey is proven to be a natural antiseptic, helps tissue aiding, fights infections, has natural anti oxidants, and is a great source of energy, and thats all from the top of my head. So, eating the spoon of ginseng, which also gives natural energy and raises stamina, mixed with honey before a work out will help out a lot.

The reason I say to add cinnamon is because cinnamon is one of most beneficial things to put in your body. It basically has a benefit for every part of your body. From what i mentioned before about it helping boost cognitive ability and memory, to beings a blood thinner, to lowering cholesterol, to being a source of iron calcium magnesium and more, to helping prevent cancer, and again, thats just off the top of my head because it does so much more.

I been using these two mixtures everyday for the past year, and I can honestly say it helps a lot. The reason I first looked into 🤬 was because I wanted something to regulate my food digestion because I was always eating out, and an hour or so after eating, my stomach would always start hurting. Thats how I discovered 🤬 . And to be honest, I felt the effects of it in an hour after first eating it. For like 2 weeks, I took the biggest 🤬 because of it, and it was all because it was cleaning and regulating my digestive tract. With that said, you have to be careful eating them because if you eat too much, it will give you some epic 🤬 .

When you cut the 🤬 and the ginseng, cut them as big as your nail, and no thicker then your thumb. When you go to eat them, I usually eat them early morning, only put one piece on your spoon, and that piece will last you all day. Don't eat any more because it will cause complications.

With all that said, of course, 🤬 and ginseng are seperate concoctions, dont put them in the same jar, make sure they both got their separate jars, with the honey and cinnamon.

🤬 can be easily found in any grocery story, when you get it, you have to peel it, and then boil it, 🤬 however is much harder to find and much more expensive. You can get it online, but I usually just go to this asian grocery store and get it there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

By supplementing it I meant going to a gnc and buying 🤬 in pill form, obviously not as effective as eating it natural but a lot easier and you still get good benefits

I might actually try this, but i'm confused as to how you cut it, are you saying cut it so it matches the top of your thumb? Basically peel the 🤬 root, boil it for a half hour, cut a bunch of pieces about as thick and wide as the top of your thumb, throw it in a jar of organic honey and let sit for 2 weeks, and eat one piece every morning, sound about right?
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUMembers Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take panax ginseng tablets and green tea tablets. I also drink a cup of 🤬 and green tea everyday.

I started doing that when I wanted to lose alot of weight earlier this year and I just kept it up ever since!
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUMembers Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiber as well