What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Vice Presidential Debate 2012 Biden vs. Ryan In The Bluegrass Offical Thread

11415171920

Comments

  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Ryan out chea looking like T1000....I dont want that liquid 🤬 in office

    el oh el
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo bidden won, how could it even be a question? forget the aggressiveness and substance that bidden had, this was a intellectual debate in which biden caught Ryan lying and called him out on it a bunch of times. how can a person lie in an intellectual debate, get caught lying, and win? 🤬 is CNN thinking?
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azad wrote: »
    yo bidden won, how could it even be a question? forget the aggressiveness and substance that bidden had, this was a intellectual debate in which biden caught Ryan lying and called him out on it a bunch of times. how can a person lie in an intellectual debate, get caught lying, and win? 🤬 is CNN thinking?

    *mobile cosign *
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is Ryan seems more compatible to Obama and Biden to Romney.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Sergeant Long Island, New YorkMembers Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's was the biggest verbal ass kicking on national television I have seen in a long time.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    Them polls are like teeter totters, one week its up for one guy, the next week its the other guy. They said Hillary had Obama by 20 points and Obama still beat her ass. They tried to say McCain was neck n neck with Obama and Obama cleaned him up 60-40. The debates are cool but it's not gonna sway votes like that. Obama got 70% of the spanish vote and 99% of the black vote. Hispanics & Black people make up for 35% of the American population. Obama still got this.

    I was looking at one of the mock electorial maps (huffington post) and the way they got it right now:

    Obama - 257 Romney - 206 as of right now with CO, NV, FL, & OH still undecided. Based off that map alone Even if Obama lost Florida & Colorado he could still win if gets OH and any of the other Midwest states. I know it only a mock map and each electorial map says something differently.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 No PM's...I Have a PENIS Raleigh, NC (Via the 718...BK All Day!!!)Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to work this morning:

    Co-worker: Paul Ryan won

    Me: ***Joe Biden laugh***
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    irad4185 wrote: »
    I don't really see why people are surprised that there are others who believe Ryan won. Biden was aggressive and hit hard, which is exactly what they wanted him to do. He did his job, but let's be clear, the only thing he was really accomplishing is re-energizing the democratic base. Basically he came out and gave a show that would remind democrats that their candidates aren't a couple of 🤬 . That said, his antics definitely weren't the types of things that would win over Republicans, and not necessarily anything that would sway Independents either. You have to look at it from both sides. Biden did a lot of interrupting and laughing and prodding. To many, that may have come off as bullying. After all, it's a debate not a rap battle. There is supposed to be a certain level of decorum. Many would look at the fact that Ryan maintained his composure and still managed to get his thoughts out clearly as a win.

    I'm not saying who won or lost, but people are acting like it's a loss for Ryan because he didn't get into specifics. Well, neither did Romney and it's universally agreed that he won the first debate.

    Biden my have lost on style but he won on substance. I don't see how in the world Biden could lose on style when he actually made the debate more entertaining. Biden was loose and Ryan was like a robot. He did to Ryan what Romney did to Obama. Romney bullied the moderator and spoke for way more time than Obama. Romney ended up with the last word on most questions. Biden does the same and it's un-presidential, mind you they both spoke for about the same length of time. It's not like Biden was stopping Ryan from speaking, he was just calling him out on what he was saying. It's a debate not speech.

    I have to disagree. I don't think Romney was quite as Biden. Don't get me wrong. I liked Biden's performance, but he was a lot more aggressive with his interruptions than Romney was. That may have more to do with the different formats than anything else. He also didn't have all the laughing and crazy looks Biden was using. You guys think Biden did a great job. That's fine. I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying it's ridiculous for people to not be able to understand that not everyone is going to feed into that kind of performance in a debate. Ryan was much calmer. He articulated his points smoothly and under duress. Like it or not, there are people that will appreciate that more than seeing a guy badger his opponent. Remember, Presidential debates aren't real debates. If they were, people wouldn't even be discussing who won or lost until fact checking was done or at least the logic of the arguments was evaluated. Instead, people base who they believed won or loss based on the show they put on, and that's going to be subjective and change from person to person.
    bignorm wrote: »
    I don't really see why people are surprised that there are others who believe Ryan won. Biden was aggressive and hit hard, which is exactly what they wanted him to do. He did his job, but let's be clear, the only thing he was really accomplishing is re-energizing the democratic base. Basically he came out and gave a show that would remind democrats that their candidates aren't a couple of 🤬 . That said, his antics definitely weren't the types of things that would win over Republicans, and not necessarily anything that would sway Independents either. You have to look at it from both sides. Biden did a lot of interrupting and laughing and prodding. To many, that may have come off as bullying. After all, it's a debate not a rap battle. There is supposed to be a certain level of decorum. Many would look at the fact that Ryan maintained his composure and still managed to get his thoughts out clearly as a win.

    I'm not saying who won or lost, but people are acting like it's a loss for Ryan because he didn't get into specifics. Well, neither did Romney and it's universally agreed that he won the first debate.

    Explain to us how Biden acted like Romney, Romney didnt use specifics, yet universally won.
    HOw does Biden do the same thing, with more details, yet lose?

    This is a silly question. Romney won because his opponent basically wilted. Even if you didn't like Romney's tactics, you have to call it a victory for him because Obama did absolutely nothing to win that debate. At the very least, Ryan was able to make his points and actually take shots at the Obama camp. For some, that may have been enough to give the victory to him. Even Obama supporters couldn't find a reason to say Obama won, so what else could you do but give the victory to Romney?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ its just like u said "everybody is not going to feed into it"

    youre buying into the 🤬 .

    lol Buying into what 🤬 . I personally believe it's stupid to even refer those farces as debates.

    I'm just pointing out that the fact that someone might believe Ryan had the better performance of the two is not as ridiculous as people are making it seem.
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Private East BullMembers Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Lol saying who won the presidential its like saying who won a rap battle, its all based on a biased opinion
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Bocario wrote: »
    Lol saying who won the presidential its like saying who won a rap battle, its all based on a biased opinion

    Exactly. Presidential debates are far more like rap battles than they are actual debates. It's not about what you say. It's about how you say it.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 No PM's...I Have a PENIS Raleigh, NC (Via the 718...BK All Day!!!)Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to that trolling 🤬 @ajackson17. 🤬 got ghost when Joey B. started throwing haymakers LOL
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ its just like u said "everybody is not going to feed into it"

    youre buying into the 🤬 .

    lol Buying into what 🤬 . I personally believe it's stupid to even refer those farces as debates.

    I'm just pointing out that the fact that someone might believe Ryan had the better performance of the two is not as ridiculous as people are making it seem.

    nah. u just have no idea how the media works in real life, and its no conspiracy.


    AGAIN, i'll say this a 2nd time. The week before the Presidential Debate they were literally talking about "as long as Romney doesnt make a gaffe and holds his own, regardless he's going to Win the Debate". If u dont wanna accept that from me then fine, youre obviously voting for the Republican ticket anyway.


    Out of all of the debators on stage, Paul Ryan was the weakest and had so many "deer stuck in a headlights" moments u woulda thought Joe Biden had a Charter Bus on stage controlled by a remote.


    This whole notion that it was a fair one is purely Media Brought Marketing. Again, u dont have to accept that from Me but i garantee u that if u dont know now you'll definitely know later.


    I mean use some common sense, theyre talking about Ryan's stance on Abortion and Joe Biden's body language and those are the main stories of the day. What about the fact that he caught Ryan up on the Stimilus Money, what about the fact that he caught Ryan up on foreign policy, what about the fact that he caught Ryan up on Medicare, what about the fact that the Moderator asked Ryan for specifics on the Tax Plan and Ryan couldnt answer it straight even tho she asked him about 3 times? Now all of a sudden some US Ambassador (and i think 2 or 3 civilians) died in 1 attack on 1 random Embassy is more important than all of that. Your VP is a mirror of the President.


    Like i said, youre obviously stuck on voting for Romney. But to sit here and act like u didnt catch that and none of that 🤬 is important youre a dunce or u were watching a COMPLETELY different Debate on TV (literally). The Republicans are trying to downplay it. If thats too far of a fetch for u then youre already behind me as the frisbee is being thrown

    You're making too many dumb assumptions and baseless claims and completely missing my point. I never said the media isn't trying to pass some type of agenda, and I never said anything to suggest I'm voting from Romney. I think the guy is an idiot.

    My points are and always have been:

    Presidential debates aren't real debates and can be won/loss due to factors other than truth and quality of argument.
    Biden's approach in the debate may not have appealed to everyone, so there are people who will honestly believe he lost.
    Biden and Ryan had two very different objectives going into the debate and it can be argued that both accomplished those objectives, so seeing the debate as a draw isn't farfetched.

    None of the nonsense you wrote up there really addresses any of my points, so I'm not really sure why you wasted the calories typing that 🤬 . You must be another one of those people that can't see past his own nose and thinks any opposing viewpoint is the devil or something. Sorry, but I'm not like that. I acknowledge that other people will have their thoughts, opinions, views, etc... No matter how wrong I think they might be, it's still true.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Sergeant Long Island, New YorkMembers Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part is when Joe biden called Paul Ryan out for being against the stimulus but than writing 2 letters to him for stimulus money for some company.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones You smile, bitch Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having your own opinion = troll.

    Yeah, that's full of logic.
  • a.mann
    a.mann First Lieutenant Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    bull6599 wrote: »
    What happened to that trolling 🤬 @ajackson17. 🤬 got ghost when Joey B. started throwing haymakers LOL

    knocked that 🤬 out of character...lol


    even had to give it up Joe
  • Copper
    Copper Fresh Prince of the south Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if u cant see the difference in biden cursing into a mic and biden saying 47 % of america are lazy moochers then I dont know what to say
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones You smile, bitch Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Having your own opinion = troll.

    Yeah, that's full of logic.

    Troll post


    how long have u been watching/keeping up with Politics? Serious question

    Long enough to spot someone that regurgitate the thoughts of others instead of having their own.


    Someone has a different opinion, and you automatically assume that they are the boogieman. Grow up, fella. The world is a big place.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones You smile, bitch Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit EAST NEW YORK! BROOKLYNMembers, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Joe took that lil 🤬 soul. like mike use to


    3624302_o.gif

    elusive-mike-tyson-o.gif

    1319215840_mike_tyson_uppercut.gif

    2401b.gif

    a_250x375.jpg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon now. We all know Biden won that debate. Again, lol @ the blatant hypocrisy.
  • a.mann
    a.mann First Lieutenant Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ its just like u said "everybody is not going to feed into it"

    youre buying into the 🤬 .

    lol Buying into what 🤬 . I personally believe it's stupid to even refer those farces as debates.

    I'm just pointing out that the fact that someone might believe Ryan had the better performance of the two is not as ridiculous as people are making it seem.

    nah. u just have no idea how the media works in real life, and its no conspiracy.


    AGAIN, i'll say this a 2nd time. The week before the Presidential Debate they were literally talking about "as long as Romney doesnt make a gaffe and holds his own, regardless he's going to Win the Debate". If u dont wanna accept that from me then fine, youre obviously voting for the Republican ticket anyway.


    Out of all of the debators on stage, Paul Ryan was the weakest and had so many "deer stuck in a headlights" moments u woulda thought Joe Biden had a Charter Bus on stage controlled by a remote.


    This whole notion that it was a fair one is purely Media Brought Marketing. Again, u dont have to accept that from Me but i garantee u that if u dont know now you'll definitely know later.


    I mean use some common sense, theyre talking about Ryan's stance on Abortion and Joe Biden's body language and those are the main stories of the day. What about the fact that he caught Ryan up on the Stimilus Money, what about the fact that he caught Ryan up on foreign policy, what about the fact that he caught Ryan up on Medicare, what about the fact that the Moderator asked Ryan for specifics on the Tax Plan and Ryan couldnt answer it straight even tho she asked him about 3 times? Now all of a sudden some US Ambassador (and i think 2 or 3 civilians) died in 1 attack on 1 random Embassy is more important than all of that. Your VP is a mirror of the President.


    Like i said, youre obviously stuck on voting for Romney. But to sit here and act like u didnt catch that and none of that 🤬 is important youre a dunce or u were watching a COMPLETELY different Debate on TV (literally). The Republicans are trying to downplay it. If thats too far of a fetch for u then youre already behind me as the frisbee is being thrown

    damn point after point


    but I'm gon keep it a 100

    Biden blew that Embassy answer. They did ask for extra security

    and Joe could have buried Ryan even further just by letting the viewers know that
    when the request was issued it was denied by the House, which is ran by the Republicans

    I would have loved to see Ryan weasel his way out of that one
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones You smile, bitch Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ms.jones wrote: »
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Having your own opinion = troll.

    Yeah, that's full of logic.

    Troll post


    how long have u been watching/keeping up with Politics? Serious question

    Long enough to spot someone that regurgitate the thoughts of others instead of having their own.


    Someone has a different opinion, and you automatically assume that they are the boogieman. Grow up, fella. The world is a big place.

    so then i take it youre new to this? but be trill for a second, how long have u been keeping up with this stuff?


    *and baby gurl, u dont know me.........yet

    And I honestly wouldn't welcome the chance to get to know someone like you. You come across as condescending, and one track minded. The very notion of someone having a different opinion frightens you. What world do you live in? Opinions are like 🤬 and everybody has one.

    What, you want me to tell you I'm a historian like I'm sure you think you are, and that I've been following political candidates and climate since the Lincoln administration? No, I haven't. I've been around for Clinton, Bush, and now this one. Really though, what does it matter to you? Clearly we have different though patterns.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe took that lil 🤬 soul. like mike use to


    3624302_o.gif

    elusive-mike-tyson-o.gif

    1319215840_mike_tyson_uppercut.gif

    2401b.gif

    a_250x375.jpg

    Its all over at the staredown. You see how the other dude kept movin side to side. Mike just kept starin. Regardless how dude tried to avoid. Pres.Obama need to see that cause his debate?..........um I'll just say he need to work on that Tyson stare down tactic.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @. It's about to turn ugly.