What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Interrupters

jman252jman252 Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Social Lounge
Good view on what a group of ex gang members are doing to try and stop gang violence in Chicago. Steve James(Director of Hoop Dreams and No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson directed this. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/interrupters/
Lurker6

Replies

• Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    frontline has the best documentaries if anyone has never watched them i suggest u check out their website and watch them
    imghttp://i.imgur.com/IgFpoNj.gif/img]
    35bxpug.jpg
    NSFW click at ur our risk
    tumblr_mwn3wmM2WV1r55j58o1_400.gif
    Moreno_zps07620187.gif
    scs5kp.gif
    YsX8od.gif
    tumblr_myf80iHsEx1rhttapo1_500.gif
    tumblr_myw1yqVEbH1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_mwnfteNODS1srd8hzo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n8y0kcbtzf1ruz6zso1_250.gif
    tumblr_n9y5q6b4381rtclweo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ncp4dx4ok41rk74v1o1_500.jpg
    Jaime47.gif
    292181t.gif
    JK_Animated_GIF_12.gif
    61zkZ3D.gif
    diapo514fb0a4701ac6e6d6b89eb88042fb5d.gif?34
    tumblr_n911s9Z1fh1qbl0vwo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mkdlii1IE11rvllfwo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nbb1f6HGEu1ruz6zso1_250.gif
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i watched this a couple of months ago ....this shit was great ... i think it was ameena ...man that lady was the truth ... s/o to them cats for putting themselves on the line like that ...
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,575 Regulator
    thanks to living near scenic Baltimore, Maryland, i just assume groups like these are a scam somehow
  • PlutarchPlutarch A Tribe Called Fresh Philly, PA, by way of Ca$hville, TNPosts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice drop. I'll try to make some time to sit down and check this out. Ever since I was a kid, I could always count on PBS to pull through. Nas wasn't lying when he said, "Make a nigga want to invest in PBS."

The situation in Chicago seems to be very bleak. At least this documentary shows that there's some positive resistance in all of this. I just hope that they're trying to get rid of the gangs altogether instead of trying to legitimize the gangs like they unsuccessfully did in the 80s and 90s. But I might as well call these guys martyrs because those gangs do not play around for anyone, let alone those who they see as traitors.
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    thanks to living near scenic Baltimore, Maryland, i just assume groups like these are a scam somehow

idk bruh .....one of these "interrupters" got they ass blasted trying to resolve a conflict in one of the chicago hoods .... shit seems pretty trill if you ask me
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    idk bruh .....one of these "interrupters" got they ass blasted trying to resolve a conflict in one of the chicago hoods .... shit seems pretty trill if you ask me
    counterpoint: if they're doing dirt, they might get blasted related to that
    janklow wrote: »
    counterpoint: if they're doing dirt, they might get blasted related to that

meh ...i suppose
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ameena is a fuckin rider my nigga lol

another great film snubbed by the Oscars
    internet-reality.gif
    meh ...i suppose
    to be clear, i am not HOPING these dudes are shady, but, well, you know

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There s a great piece about it from the writer and the director in the Chicagoan
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.