What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Another question for posters with kids

7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the moneyMembers Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many reasons can you come up with for why you love your child/children ?

The main reason I hear is "Because they're my blood / offspring / reflection of me / etc..." (or some variation of this)

I've been asked this question and it's especially foreign to me because my kid doesn't live with me and we're not close like that. So I'm asking y'all as parents - single or absent, whatever.

Fill in the blank, I love my kid because ......
«13

Comments

  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Plap Star wrote: »
    because they half of me and i love myself

    I hear you but it's still kind of a variation of that reason I keep hearing.

  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody think they could come up with 5 different reasons ?
  • Matt-Matt- stew Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't believe in hating people. so you either love or you hate. there is no middle ground. so if you do not hate, you must love.
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsMembers Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean 'what about your child do you love'?
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean 'what about your child do you love'?

    Not exactly - Why do you love them but if you that question's too difficult, then answer the other one.
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    i don't believe in hating people. so you either love or you hate. there is no middle ground. so if you do not hate, you must love.

    Curious statement. You're either hating a lot of people or loving a lot of people. Seems like an odd type of personality to have. But the question was about your kids, so I take it you're saying that you love (or would love) your kids simply because you don't hate them.
  • Matt-Matt- stew Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7fIG wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »
    i don't believe in hating people. so you either love or you hate. there is no middle ground. so if you do not hate, you must love.

    Curious statement. You're either hating a lot of people or loving a lot of people. Seems like an odd type of personality to have. But the question was about your kids, so I take it you're saying that you love (or would love) your kids simply because you don't hate them.

    guess that's one way of putting it.
  • gonemad44gonemad44 Members Posts: 21
    I love my kids cause I spend so much time with them. Same as loving anyone u around often. Watching child birth can change the most gangster ppl. Seeing something u created grown and mature. Follow in ur foot steps or help them make their own path in life. To see them put into action your teachings are all loving reason for me.
  • damnkpdamnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love my kids because they have my dna and the potential to do great things. i love the way they run to the door everytime i come home from work. i love the fact that no matter how much i 🤬 up im still their superman. i really could list alot of things i love about my kids.
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the fact you even askin this question is sad my g. unless you knocked up a dopefiend or some 🤬 .
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Bruh please, a deadbeat = A person who tries to evade paying debts. (merriam webster).

    I payed child support since day 1 and still got receipts out this 🤬 . This ain't even about court 🤬 .

    My BM been the reason I don't have a relationship with dude, cuz I wasn't 🤬 ' wit her.

    🤬 realized she 🤬 up now (I guess) and want the kid to have a father, but I don't real feel nothing for the 🤬 .

    That's just real 🤬 .
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might do after you spend some time with him...Men and women are different...Them hoes have a connection with the kid from pregnancy times...For men, it has to develop another time...Most men would say it happened when they saw the kid for the first time...
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    the fact you even askin this question is sad my g. unless you knocked up a dopefiend or some 🤬 .

    🤬 it a bruh, it's a cold world.

    I ask parents who actually have custody of their kids and like I said in the original post - they say pretty much that same 1 reason. That 🤬 sounds like some obligatory, politically correct 🤬 you say because you have to. I'm guessing if I actually was able to see him / be part of him growing up (besides money), it'd be different - but atleast a 🤬 even consider this after all the 🤬 .

  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Trashposting Til Infinity Members, Writer Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Because" x 5
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownMembers Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a question that could only be asked by someone that doesn't understand the bond between a parent and child.

  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    This is a question that could only be asked by someone that doesn't understand the bond between a parent and child.

    Man - Kat / @MzGrahamBitches , just answer the question.

    Actually a female asked me the question. I gave my answer - she wanted to know what other reasons. I'm trying to see what other reasons people have out'chea.

    Is it really this hard ? People consider themselves great parents, but the only reason they say is because they're "a part of me" ?

    What about that you're proud of them, you like their personality, other 🤬 ...

    I mean when you have a s/o, you have to have many reasons for loving them, correct ?

    But when you have a kid, do you just love the kid for the simple reason it's your kid or what ?

  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7fIG wrote: »


    My BM been the reason I don't have a relationship with dude, cuz I wasn't 🤬 ' wit her.

    🤬 realized she 🤬 up now (I guess) and want the kid to have a father, but I don't real feel nothing for the 🤬

    That's just real 🤬 .

    well damn atleast you're honest lol. I think u the first person I've ever heard admit that, but I'm sure mad other parents feel the same way in private.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my kids live with me....so to see them grow more everyday and learn more everyday is amazing to me.
    to have them teach me the new stuff the kids like now and watching them create things from their imagination....and call themselves taking care of me when im sick, how can you not love that?

    no better feeling than that...
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7fIG wrote: »


    My BM been the reason I don't have a relationship with dude, cuz I wasn't 🤬 ' wit her.

    🤬 realized she 🤬 up now (I guess) and want the kid to have a father, but I don't real feel nothing for the 🤬

    That's just real 🤬 .

    well damn atleast you're honest lol. I think u the first person I've ever heard admit that, but I'm sure mad other parents feel the same way in private.


    I'm in the same boat to a degree the 🤬 hurts my heart TBH...but my situation is not by choice. Parents in conversations often ask would you do it over again. My answer is simple no I wouldn't. Some are shocked but I tell them my situation isn't the same as damn near anyones.

    With that said yo I still do for them to the degree I'm allowed to. I made peace in my mind that I'll see them when I see them. Their telling me this December is when I will finally see them again after 4 years. I've been let down numerous times so who knows.
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownMembers Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7fIG wrote: »
    This is a question that could only be asked by someone that doesn't understand the bond between a parent and child.

    Man - Kat / @MzGrahamBitches , just answer the question.

    Actually a female asked me the question. I gave my answer - she wanted to know what other reasons. I'm trying to see what other reasons people have out'chea.

    Is it really this hard ? People consider themselves great parents, but the only reason they say is because they're "a part of me" ?

    What about that you're proud of them, you like their personality, other 🤬 ...

    I mean when you have a s/o, you have to have many reasons for loving them, correct ?

    But when you have a kid, do you just love the kid for the simple reason it's your kid or what ?

    I wasn't trying to clown, I was serious.

    This isn't a question that's easy to answer, and you can't answer as you would regarding a s/o because you CHOOSE a partner based on the traits you like/love about them. With a child you just choose to have them and then you get whatever you get when they're born..yet you still love them to death.

    The best answer I can give you is that I love my child because she's an extension of me. I've spent over 5 years with her, even longer if you count from conception. Pregnancy is a bonding experience in itself.

    I can see how a person with no children or a person that hasn't been around to bond with their child wouldn't get it, but it's real, and when you truly experience it you'll understand.

  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my oldest daughter i loved her the moment she was born. She came a month after my dad passed so she became my only blood relative. It was just a bond i had while holding her being the first person to make her smile.

    With my twins i didn't have the same feeling i had with my oldest, but over the months watching them grow i developed that bond with them
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely respect most of these answers so far.

    Just wondering how certain people expect a dude to feel attached to their kid again after certain 🤬 . I seen dude kickin' in the belly, seen him born, cut the cord, all that 🤬 but then because of years of her 🤬 - I had to say 🤬 it. I'm like really ? I'm supposed to be able to run down a list of reasons why I love this kid like somebody who had a chance to really be in their life.
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownMembers Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said you should?

    You sound like you're the one beating yourself up about it.

  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Who said you should?

    You sound like you're the one beating yourself up about it.

    I'm not really beating myself up about it because I know I did what I could and only have control of myself but I spoke to a "therapist" and she asked me about that 🤬 . Other than that, it's just in everyday discussions - where people be like "that's your kid though...." and I'm like yea, somebody should've told that 🤬 (BM) that.
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownMembers Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to let that anger towards your BM go...that 🤬 isn't healthy and it's not doing your child any favors I can tell you that right now.

    You paying CS?
Sign In or Register to comment.