The Matrix

AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
So.....

The Matrix trilogies have been running nonstop on Premium cable networks for a while now.
While some may argue the quality of the trilogy, few can argue against the greatness of the first.
More of a psychological mind bender than action fantasy like its two sequels.....

For sure people have drawn correlations between the Matrix and the "real" world, however it the effects
of such questions and philosophies have been shrugged off.

Lettuce revisit the issue with a more Afrocentric lens....

In the scene where Neo meets Morpheus for the first time, he goes into metaphorical descriptions of the Matrix, but ultimately it comes down to Neo wanting to take the red pill and see reality for what it is or take the blue pill and knowingly choose ignorance or blindness.

The explanation of the scene reminds me of many things. Firstly the matrix can be correlated to white supremacy, this global force that we cannot see taste smell or touch but nevertheless is as effective as gravity, but other will attempt to convince everyone that is does not exist or nigh important and thought. Ive seen myself in both seats, being explained what white supremacy is and using analogies and metaphors to paint a bigger picture for the nearsighted or a brighter one for the colorblind.

Which pill would YOU have taken knowing the potential consequences of both decisions.

I'll post more, as I see how this topic goes...
Sionunspoken_respect_Goldie_kzzlSleepwalkingInJapanNeighborhoodNomad. locksmith1Ajackson17

Replies

• Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down with whitey
    gnsSixSickSinsunspoken_respecthuey
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Lettuce??

A play on words....? Let us.
    VIBEunspoken_respectSleepwalkingInJapan
  • gnsgns It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Stop fucking playing around thats how ts' get killed.
    unspoken_respect
    edited November 2012
    This topic belongs in GNS not LCA

@sion
    VIBE
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I smell tittys Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably would have taken the red pill thinking it would be on some real cool shit.
    Meroe wrote: »
    Your perspective of it being confined to the lens of white supremacy is cool, but for me personally, after learning all that i have and experienced what i have, its much bigger than that. yes, it is a matter of ignorance is bliss, or what one would deem the "truth" which is a debate in and of itself. for me, the matrix is a microcosmic representation of the truth of spirit over matter, and consciousness over paradigm. it is only once neo understands that his consciousness & spirit is far greater than what his limited paradigm/perspective that he was raised with allows, he becomes superhuman. not the mention the multi-dimensional awareness that is alluded to through out the movie. theres much more to it than what the average mind can comprehend, even within this movie ;) but each to thier own.

The Matrix or the philosophy of illusions built on illusions is completely transcendent. I can apply to anything. I chose to focus the beam on white supremacy simply because that is the concept that the world has run on for the past 600 years.

We can take the Matrix into talking about Unified fields and consciousness being the birthplace of all reality, but sometimes when narrowing the focus, like a laser the intensity can be that much more cutting.

The red pill blue pill scene can be correlated to the life of an average black man. Around him he knows the world isnt
    right that these conditions should not have to be. Perhaps seeking answers to change, perhaps just trying to make it to the next payday. Many of us never actually take the red pill though, to wake up from this badly painted portrait we figuratively take the blue pill by choosing to believe that somehow through the system these things will work out, or simply because we just want to be for ourselves.

Malcolm has his red pill blue pill moment in his biopic when he went to prison. He could have chosen to refuse the old man and continue on his current trajectory, and he could have said yes. Both realities are possible, and perhaps both exist. However, we know which choice in this dimension he made.

We all have those moments.
    SleepwalkingInJapanAjackson17rico_ENS
  • _Goldie__Goldie_ Quill Season Has Begun Posts: 15,662 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Meroe wrote: »
    Your perspective of it being confined to the lens of white supremacy is cool, but for me personally, after learning all that i have and experienced what i have, its much bigger than that. yes, it is a matter of ignorance is bliss, or what one would deem the "truth" which is a debate in and of itself. for me, the matrix is a microcosmic representation of the truth of spirit over matter, and consciousness over paradigm. it is only once neo understands that his consciousness & spirit is far greater than what his limited paradigm/perspective that he was raised with allows, he becomes superhuman. not the mention the multi-dimensional awareness that is alluded to through out the movie. theres much more to it than what the average mind can comprehend, even within this movie ;) but each to thier own.

THIS..

I think that whole scenerio was more about tapping into the mental realm that the average person cant fathom ie (self or faith healing, telepathy(esp), etc)
  • death187sindeath187sin Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pointless analogy.
    Charlie_locksmith1
    Pointless analogy.

Without expounding on your view your post becomes pointless.
    _Goldie_
    edited November 2012

Consciousness is simply a state of being aware. So when we stumble or awaken into
    from this sleep we begin to see these conditions that have been plugged into us.
    like Neo freshly awakened only to be bewildered at the sight of these cables and cords
    hooked into his body and his mind. Just like this scene, just because we are aware of the
    conditioning doesnt change the reality that we have been conditioned to think and feel and talk
    as certain way.

The endless field of bodies feeding the machines can be correlated to the millions upon millions of black souls past and present upon whose bodies,sweat and labor and production were robbed to build and sustain this machine. Without us the system doesn't exist....even now.

"Why do my eyes hurt?"
    "Because you are using them for the first time?"

As black people we have been taught through rigorous years of education whether in school or through other mediums to view the world in a specific way that benefits the white supremacy construct. In fact we are unaware that we even view this a certain way but that does not dampen the manifestations only makes it that more dangerous.

Vacillating between states of ignorance to our conditioning, not being able to see the plugs that feed us our thoughts
    to seeing the world for what it is, beneath the cracking and crumbling veneer.
    Ajackson17
  • blacktuxblacktux Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thought out and spoken, props.

This is what GNS should be like....

IMO though, that scene had nothing to do with race, it was a choice to choose true enlightenment or remain in a state of blissful ignorance as many do in life. The same reason people cling to things of fantasy like religion (blue pill) instead of more realistic and logical world view (red pill) is because it just feels better. It feels better to think that even though you failed at furthering your education, work a shit job, and struggle day to day to make ends meet; that if you are faithful to a "god" you will be rewarded in the next "life", aka given a second chance. Few can actually accept that reality and live with it, knowing that they will eventually die one day and that they left no relative impact on the world.

Reality bites, truth hurts. It is a question of whether a person is strong enough to seek the truth and develop their own individual outlook on everything, and deal/learn from the consequences of their actions, or if they want someone else to think and have accountability for them so that they can continue to live as a spoiled, entitled child.

The revelations that come from separating yourself from false reality really are almost blinding and they can be rather painful...enlightenment has its consequences just as everything else does.

Neo chose enlightenment over ignorance and became a "god", and so can we.
    _Goldie_
    @shivedreadz reality being derived from the root word real. The question should then what is "real"?

as morpheus said if real is only limited to what we can see touch taste feel and hear then it nothing but chemical and electrical synapses fired off in the brain. Then there are many realities. A woman's reality is different from a man's. The reality of a five year old is different from a 50 year old. In this instance I'm focusing on the obvious variances of the realities between Blacks and whites, worldwide.

Well if you are focusing on the variances between blacks and whites i will leave you with your thread.

Even among blacks there are vast variances, the individual is what we need to be focused on. The individual is the most powerful and volatile element in existence.

Alas, perception is reality; and perception though it can be projected to represent a mass of people, it is an individual trait. No two people can share the same in debt perception, no two people share the same reality.
    _Goldie_
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pandered the afro-centric angle to the matrix years ago myself, so this thread gets a co-sign from me. I'll give t/s a goat for fleshing it out better than I would've. Be feeling like the more you learn bout shit the similarities are more obvious.

AmotekunAjackson17
  • sullysully Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a metaphor for transgendered people.
    _Goldie_Ajackson17PK_TK_187
    Well if you are focusing on the variances between blacks and whites i will leave you with your thread.

Even among blacks there are vast variances, the individual is what we need to be focused on. The individual is the most powerful and volatile element in existence.

Alas, perception is reality; and perception though it can be projected to represent a mass of people, it is an individual trait. No two people can share the same in debt perception, no two people share the same reality.

Why is perception reality? Why aren't there massive cases of cognitive dissonance? Because perception is driven by consciousness, and consciousness is what shapes reality.

Despite all the variances that are abound in black people, I should stop using black people one thing that is in common with us all is that our realities have been shaped by an imposing force that has caused a majority of us to lose ourselves within the framework of this current construct.

We are controlled on a subconscious level simply because we view reality through someone else's perception, religiously, scientifically, socially, historically we have a view of ourselves that gives our power to a white supremacist structure at every level.
    blacktuxAjackson17
    kzzl wrote: »
    I pandered the afro-centric angle to the matrix years ago myself, so this thread gets a co-sign from me. I'll give t/s a goat for fleshing it out better than I would've. Be feeling like the more you learn bout shit the similarities are more obvious.

@kzzl

Six months ago I would not have been able to. What I know now versus what I knew then has blown off the ceiling of my consciousness.

There is no spoon...and in reality there is no white supremacy. The only thing that exists is our willingness to submit to this fiction. To destroy it there is nothing to physically tear down, it is simply by reshaping our perception, bending our minds around this reality that we will manifest change.
    Ajackson17
    Amotekun wrote: »

Why is perception reality? Why aren't there massive cases of cognitive dissonance? Because perception is driven by consciousness, and consciousness is what shapes reality.

Despite all the variances that are abound in black people, I should stop using black people one thing that is in common with us all is that our realities have been shaped by an imposing force that has caused a majority of us to lose ourselves within the framework of this current construct.

We are controlled on a subconscious level simply because we view reality through someone else's perception, religiously, scientifically, socially, historically we have a view of ourselves that gives our power to a white supremacist structure at every level.

Definitely cosign the bolded, what im saying is once you "take the red pill" and develop your own sense of reality, you gain the ability to shape your own reality. All that would rather have some one else do the "framing" for them will forever be lost in someone else's reality. Be a willing "sheep" to the "shepherd", or take a leap to enlightenment and realize that you never a sheep at all, just a hypnotized shepherd in your own right.
    I found myself brother, and even though i might have to act a certain way to succeed in the oppressors game (as for now i have to bide my time), they do not influence me at my core and never again will i accept another's truth "just because".
    its....JOHN Bdeadeye
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red pill. The important thing to remember is that it goes deeper than skin color. It is a matter of good versus evil. The forever sleep and the knowing awakened. Human beings do not know themselves and their capabilities. We find fulfillment in all other things but not in ourselves.

Ajackson17
    edited November 2012
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Red pill. The important thing to remember is that it goes deeper than skin color. It is a matter of good versus evil. The forever sleep and the knowing awakened. Human beings do not know themselves and their capabilities. We find fulfillment in all other things but not in ourselves.

For these purposes, the philosophy isnt limited to a particualr skin color, but it is focused on a particular agenda. This agenda being the accumulation of wealth and the fruits of labor into the hands of a few elite. These elite have designed a system through monopoly, collusion and diversion to concentrate resources and control of goods to the hands of a few european powers.

This is a matter of good vs evil balance vs imbalance freedom vs slavery. At one point we are all a part of the system, because it is weaved that way. Some of us break from it completely, some to other varying degrees, but many more surrender to it or just simply refuse to wake from it and see it for what it is. There are many more black people who are allied to the white supremacist structure than would like to believe. Because they do not recognize, they can be used to work against their own interests.

Along with the myriad of black professionals who are only feeding the machine, there are many manifestations of the "woman in a red dress" that distract us....

what are some of these things that represent this appealing imagery?
    SleepwalkingInJapanAjackson17