What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Hip Hop In The Year Of 1992

_Goldie_
_Goldie_ ablackweb.comMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator

In 1992, NWA had officially broken up and Dr.Dre ushered in a new style of music called ¨G Funk¨ with his solo debut album called ¨The Chronic¨. This production style ¨g funk¨ became the standard for west coast hip hop in the years 1993 to 1996. This is also the album that introduced Snoop Doggy Dogg to the world...

Another producer who was taking over the game in 92 was the one and only Pete Rock. After producing songs for artist such as Heavy D and Tribe Called Quest, Pete Rock along side CL Smooth debuted their debut album ¨Mecca & The Soul Brother¨...........There was another MC/Producer group killing the game this year by the name of ¨Gangstarr¨. On ¨Daily Operation¨ Guru matches Premo´s classic beats with ill rhymes of wisdom,and this was also the album alot of people feel DJ Premier found ¨his sound¨ on.

Future legends Redman, Common and UGK all made their hiphop debut in 1992. While they were entering the game , the legendary duo ¨Eric B and Rakim¨ were leaving. In 1992 they released their last album as a group ¨Dont Sweat The Technique¨. Also that year, Ice Cube dropped his highest selling album ¨The Predator¨.... Speaking of high sells, the 2nd(after the wack ass spice girls) highest selling female group of alltime and 3 of da baddest shortys ever to be put in a group (TLC) also released their hip hop debut album ¨ Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip¨

IMO, this year and the next(93) was the kick start or prelude to the greatest 3 years ever in hip hop (94-96)....

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
  • _Goldie_
    edited November 2012
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ R.I.P KOBE Bay Area Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    92 had so much damn classics

*SALUTES*

*Born In 92 post*
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 🤬 up rap is so bad nowadays that we have to constantly reminisce about the great years of the past....
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget another event that had a huge influence on hip hop that year: The 1992 LA Riots.
  • _Goldie_
    Its not about holding on to dem good ole days, its more about educating the younger cats. I think its crazy for people to speak on something without doing their homework first. And its also cool to compare years to each other.
  • _Goldie_
    I left out that the greatest sitcom ever came out that year aswell. Martin was very hiphop influenced, during the first season u can even see a Tupac poster on the wall in the back.

U can see it at the 2:25 mark

• _Menace_
    I left out that the greatest sitcom ever came out that year aswell. Martin was very hiphop influenced, during the first season u can even see a Tupac poster on the wall in the back.

U can see it at the 2:25 mark

lol Roscoe annoying af lmao

Martin was good for hip hop...always hip hop related stuff in the show and guests
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 18 in 1992. I remember my cousin and I taking the #25 bus downtown Newark and both of us copping "Whut: Thee Album". I bought my 1st car a few months after that.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionMembers Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    ahhhhhhhhh the good ol days, take me back to high school, 🤬 had the source every month like it was the bible, who ever had THE SOURCE first was the man at school.

I was on the football squad when the Chronic dropped we used to mobb to that album in my boy van and went to the land on that album.....

TLC was the 🤬 girls was rocking the TLC style and BABY BABY BABY was the summer time anthem when the brotha's had the shortys, sipping on 40 oz of cisco
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    lot of good 🤬 .
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    man GOLDIE LOC you taking a brother back, Gangstarr Daily Operation was the talk.....we used to try study preme beats, Preme was known of cutting up a sample so much that we used to try to listen to and find it.

That's when we used to argue on the difference between a sample, loop, and cutting.

then ICE-CUBE was th 🤬 man, everybody was bumping ice-cube there was not one person who didnt had an Ice cube tape....
  • _Menace_
    waterproof wrote: »
    man GOLDIE LOC you taking a brother back, Gangstarr Daily Operation was the talk.....we used to try study preme beats, Preme was known of cutting up a sample so much that we used to try to listen to and find it.

That's when we used to argue on the difference between a sample, loop, and cutting.

then ICE-CUBE was th 🤬 man, everybody was bumping ice-cube there was not one person who didnt had an Ice cube cd....

you mean TAPE?
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    _Menace_ wrote: »

then ICE-CUBE was th 🤬 man, everybody was bumping ice-cube there was not one person who didnt had an Ice cube cd....

you mean TAPE?

yeah you right, so use to saying cd now, i brought my first cd in 2002, i remember the last tape i brought was Bobby Digital 2nd album in 2001 and they told me to get with the times because after this year they are no longer selling tapes
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    The year that changed my life forever. "Nothing But A G Thang" started playing on the radio and my dad bought the album and it was over. I fell in love with rap music despite not knowing most of the things they were talkin about lol GOAT
  • _Menace_

you mean TAPE?

yeah you right, so use to saying cd now, i brought my first cd in 2005, i remember the last tape i brought was Bobby Digital 2nd album and they told me to get with the times because after this year they are no longer selling tapes

lol yup.... was born in 92... but I got me some records and tapes aswell
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man i remember "Nutin But G Thang" playin on MTV every morning before school...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O. P. P. By Naughty By Nature was huge back then .. I just started secondary (high) school

Michael Jackson's Dangerous also got mad play on the radio

That was the time my appreciation for HipHop music evolved
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    92 may be the best yr in hip hop because Red, Wu,Snoop and Nas were popping or buzzing

some may say 93 may be the best
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classics!

The sad thing about it is that its not only music, its entertainment as a whole that dumbed down this new generation to appreciate everything.

TV
    Music
    Movies
    Commercials
    Video Games
    Food
    Clothing
    Social Life
    Electronics

"Its over. Its over now move over."

R.I.P. Natina Reed
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 19 in 1992. That's also the year my ship the USS Kitty Hawk went over to the Gulf that November. I copped, CMW "Music to Driveby" Redman "Whut the Album" and Show and AG " Runaway Slave" right before we left
  • king hassan
    king hassan south side somewhereMembers Posts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

you mean TAPE?

yeah you right, so use to saying cd now, i brought my first cd in 2005, i remember the last tape i brought was Bobby Digital 2nd album and they told me to get with the times because after this year they are no longer selling tapes

lol yup.... was born in 92... but I got me some records and tapes aswell
    No wonder lol

• waterproof
    A BAY AREA CLASSIC in 1992, this one is a BAY AREA Hitter, everybody and they mama was slumping this, after laying the hat in football after the games we was playing this 🤬

RBL Posse

A Lesson to Be Learned (1992)

RBL-Posse-A-Lesson-To-Be-Learned.jpeg

RBL Posse & Totally Insane - G's Bythe 1,2,3's

Remind Me - RBL Posse
  • waterproof
    Diamond D

Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop (1992)

Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics - Sally Got a One Track Mind