What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

What Should Rex Get Signed by Todd McFarlene?

Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu RegisThe EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
Todd McFarlene is doing an in-store at Midtown comics downtown location. You can get two pieces signed my question is what should I get signed:

Spidey300and301.jpg

AOS 300 (the first appearance of Venom,) or

MarvelPoster.jpg

Rex's Marvel Poster which includes the autographs of Jim Lee, Mark Texeria, and Chris Claremont

Comments

• Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the 300th issue.
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why Spidey 300?

• Sour-CreamSour-Cream Members Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The introduction of Venom and the symbiote costume >>
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    The introduction of Venom and the symbiote costume >>

spiderman+secret+war.jpg

The symbiote debuted in Secret Wars #8

• Lou CypherLou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    300th.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Why Spidey 300?

I take that back you should get both of them autographed.

Todd's the artist of that particular issue and the other one as well during that period so of course it would make sense.

Why Spidey 300?

I take that back you should get both of them autographed.

Todd's the artist of that particular issue and the other one as well during that period so of course it would make sense.

todd-mcfarlane-spider-man-poster.jpg

I'm definitely taking this poster, so that leaves a choice between the Marvel poster and AOS 300.
  • DrMindbender122DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Do both. #301 is the re-introduction of the traditional red & blue suit.
  • AmotekunAmotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with ish 300. Autographed mint condition issues>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    edited December 2012
    On Thursday, I went to the Todd McFarlane in-store at Midtown Comics. After buying $70 for an over-priced coffee table sketch book, then standing in line for three hours, I have to say it was well worth the effort. Dude was hella cool, when I said that his art style was the first one I was able to recognize on site, coincidentally he just came from an interview where he said that one of his goals as an artist was to have a distinguishable style.

When I asked him were there any plans for a Spawn movie reboot, he said, "yes," but the the inflection and tone of his voice, led me to believe that he was just saying yes for the 🤬 of it. If McFarlane is coming to your area to promote the The Devil in Details, book, I'd suggest you got it's well worth it.

ToddSigningSpideyPoster.jpg

McFarlane signing the Spidey poster

ToddSigningSpidey300.jpg

I took y'alls advice and had McFarlane sign AOS 300

MeandToddMcFarlane.jpg

Rex and Todd McFarlane

SignedSpideyPoster.jpg

Signed Spidey poster

SignedSpidey300-1.jpg

Signed Spidey 300
  • CopperCopper The WickMembers Posts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Mcfarlene is that dude...he looking a lil old though
    CopperKing wrote: »
    Mcfarlene is that dude...he looking a lil old though

LOL, what did you expect, dude is going on 52 next year, I think anyway.

• Lou CypherLou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats 🤬 dope Rex. I will envy you forever.
    Though Rex is an extraordinary being, there's really nothing to envy here. Just see if McFarlane is doing an in-store in your area and have your 🤬 signed.
    Lol i live in alaska. he aint ever coming here.
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Lol i live in alaska. he aint ever coming here.

Damn. That sucks, but you know he's Canadian so catch him when he comes home.
  • freshb651freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why don't you have any Spawn comics ?
    freshb651 wrote: »
    why don't you have any Spawn comics ?

Who said I didn't? The thing is you could only get two things signed per purchase. I was definitely going to get the poster signed, so that left ASM 300 or the Marvel poster. Y'all said go with ASM 300. Besides, I don't have Spawn #1.