What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer of this era period...

Comments

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Floyd hasn't fought anyone of note please tell me who Pacquiao has fought then?

Floyd has been making champions look outclassed for nearly his entire career, to not even think he belongs in the discussion as the greatest or one of either means you're a hater or you just don't know anything about boxing.
    With that being said no bruh...... No way I'm putting Floyd as the greatest in any type of discussion. He was great in this terrible era of boxing. But I can name at least 10 boxers ahead of Floyd and his undefeated record. Floyd is the greatest of this particular era but he not in my top 10 of greatest boxers.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    If Floyd hasn't fought anyone of note please tell me who Pacquiao has fought then?

Floyd has been making champions look outclassed for nearly his entire career, to not even think he belongs in the discussion as the greatest or one of either means you're a hater or you just don't know anything about boxing.
    With that being said no bruh...... No way I'm putting Floyd as the greatest in any type of discussion. He was great in this terrible era of boxing. But I can name at least 10 boxers ahead of Floyd and his undefeated record. Floyd is the greatest of this particular era but he not in my top 10 of greatest boxers.

Terrible era of boxing you just lost all credibility with that statement. Its one thing to talk about heavys in that light but at this point you are doing to much..
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The era is certainly watered down. They are not as many transcendent super stars like in previous eras where their were multiple guys in every weight class that went on to be HOF calibre fighters.

With that being said, Floyd is without a doubt head and shoulders above the comp of his era.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 130-154 has been filled with talent b... the 🤬 are you 🤬 talking about

People hate to give Floyd credit. He makes HOFers look like amateurs... name a boxer who has done the same.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and coop is trying too hard to troll.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The era is certainly watered down. They are not as many transcendent super stars like in previous eras where their were multiple guys in every weight class that went on to be HOF calibre fighters.

With that being said, Floyd is without a doubt head and shoulders above the comp of his era.

you can't be serious
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know alot about boxing but dudes defense is insane
  • smittysmith

you can't be serious

Im dead serious! You think this era stacks up with the previous as far as talent? Im happy to debate.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at 🤬 speaking on eras like they were around to witness it
  • smittysmith

It's called research. I guess the Civil War never happened because we weren't alive to witness it.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Oh and coop is trying too hard to troll.

Replying to posts with the same argument takes no effert at all actually
  • smittysmith
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Thats the same 🤬 🤬 try to say about Jordan.. That he played in a watered down era.. smh.. When we had elite HOF big men in the league. Now the best Big Men in the league have no 🤬 post game.. smh..

Their is no true factual information to back that up, however in this particular case there is.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man a lot of these watered down fighters of today would beat the 🤬 out of alot of those slow ass white and mexican brawlers form back in the day.... dont be fooled
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called research. I guess the Civil War never happened because we weren't alive to witness it.

History is written by the victors....u only know what someone else thought u should know about it....
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing how you cats discredit Floyd every chance available when the fighters you guys support (in this case Manny And JMM) walk around with well known cheaters in their entourage and training camps. Reformed steroid chemist and what not. GTFOH

One thing you can say about Floyd hate him or love him he ain't no cheater...

Lets tally it up,
    Peterson -Roids
    Berto- Roids
    Tarver -Roids
    Roy Jones Jr -Roids
    Evander Holyfield- Roids
    Fernando Vargas- Roids
    Richard Hall- Roids
    Sugar Shane Mosley- Roids

And the people who supplied these Athletes hang with your favorite boxers today...
    If your researching history of boxing look up steroid scandals and what happened with these people supplying the drugs. They still out here doing what they do best. Cheating...
  • smittysmith
    Shiiieeetttt, if you wanna talk performance enhancement abuse in sports look no further than the NBA. No one wants to open that can of worms tho.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Floyd agreed to all Arums demands 50/50 small ring and 1million per pound proposed random testing with a 14 day cutoff to Manny in 09 .... Arum and Manny said no and fought Clotty..... 50 million for Manny gone and he gets slept in 12..... karma

From what I saw was Floyd making the demands and Manny said he would agree to all of them then never to hear back from Floyd. Then Floyd making accusations saying Manny might have been taking PED's. Now everybody wanna give Floyd credit for dodging the bullet and letting Marquez beat him is sad. I thought we crown the best fighters in the world for beating the best not giving Floyd credit for being the best when Marquez beats Pac-Man

thats not what happened the media fooled a lot of folk. Ive followed this from jump and posted on here all the time. before Floyd fought Shane Mosley and before Manny fought Clotty there were negotiation... Arum threw in 1mil per pound because Floyd didnt go by the rules with Marquez. Floyd agreed to a smaller ring cuz they didnt want him to use his legs in the ring. Floyd agreed to a purse split. in return Floyd gave his own demands of random drug testing.... Manny refused Floyd then amended it to random testing with a 14 day cut off.... They turned it down... Floyd fought Mosley and Manny fought Clotty.... then this year before Floyd went to jail Arum refused the May 5th fight date cuz of his magical stadium being built in Dallas....

all of this is true except the 1 million dollar per pound penalty.....it was 10 MILLION dollars per pound!!!
  • perspective@100
    edited December 2012
    Shiiieeetttt, if you wanna talk performance enhancement abuse in sports look no further than the NBA. No one wants to open that can of worms tho.

You think the NBA is bad? Look at the NFL...

How about the Olympics? They have proven test that still fail. The new cutting edge technology is always invented by the cheater then later exposed by the slower steroid police.

Look at Marion Jones. Substantial evidence says even Carl Lewis Juiced.

We all see whats happened with Lance Armstrong.

My personal inquiry would have to be with Flo Jo. If any of you know track then you know what I'm getting at and she was the fliest track female ever may she R.I.P. She ran a damn 10.4 100m dash back in 88, lol...

Sad thing is everyone seems to be ok with it. They loved that Manny and JMM were in their all juiced up going at it.
    Floyd said this sh*t ten years ago that roids are a problem in boxing and thats why he is scared to fight certain fighters. Yes "scared"...

But he gets the sh*t end of the stick because people are blood thirsty...

Catch 22 if I ever seen one.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    As a Floyd fan he has to fight either canelo or Martinez. And as of now I would rather see him fight canelo. I think canelo presents challenges allow I feel that Floyd could over come he would have to be on his a game to do so. Canelo is young strong full 154 fighter. Floyd hasn't has his best performances at 154. I think the size of youth of canelo could make Floyd really dig deep and see the real fighter I believe he is. And in my eyes he can retire. Maybe Floyd is so skilled that no fighter can really challenge him in this era. But for some reason I think canelo can present a few issues for Floyd.
  • cobbland
    cobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Amazing how you cats discredit Floyd every chance available when the fighters you guys support (in this case Manny And JMM) walk around with well known cheaters in their entourage and training camps. Reformed steroid chemist and what not. GTFOH

One thing you can say about Floyd hate him or love him he ain't no cheater...

Lets tally it up,

Roy Jones Jr -Roids

And the people who supplied these Athletes hang with your favorite boxers today...
    If your researching history of boxing look up steroid scandals and what happened with these people supplying the drugs. They still out here doing what they do best. Cheating...

Blasphemy.

Blasphemy in English
    sacrilege, irreverence, impiety

Blasphemy in Greek
    βλασφημία, βεβήλωση

Blasphemy in Chinese (s)
    亵渎神明, 亵渎神明的言词

Blasphemy in Spanish
    blasfemia

Blasphemy in Russian
    богохульство

Blasphemy in Dutch
    (gods)lastering

Blasphemy in Portuguese
    blasfêmia

Blasphemy in Turkish
    dine küfretme, küfür

Blasphemy in Italian
    blasfemia, empietà, sacrilegio, irriverenza

Blasphemy in French
    blasphème, sacrilège, impiété; irrévérence

Blasphemy in German
    Blasphemie, Gotteslästerung

Blasphemy in Japanese
    冒涜

Blasphemy in Hebrew
    חילול השם

Blasphemy in Korean
    신에 대한 불경, 신성모독, 경건치 못한 행동

Blasphemy in Swedish
    blasfemi, hädelse

Blasphemy in Arabic
    تجديف, كفر

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤬 does that have to do with Floyd's divisions? Featherweight-middleweight is crazy competitive.
  • buttuh_b
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    As a Floyd fan he has to fight either canelo or Martinez. And as of now I would rather see him fight canelo. I think canelo presents challenges allow I feel that Floyd could over come he would have to be on his a game to do so. Canelo is young strong full 154 fighter. Floyd hasn't has his best performances at 154. I think the size of youth of canelo could make Floyd really dig deep and see the real fighter I believe he is. And in my eyes he can retire. Maybe Floyd is so skilled that no fighter can really challenge him in this era. But for some reason I think canelo can present a few issues for Floyd.

Martinez has a better chance of beating Floyd than Canelo based on style. The ideal fight after Robert Guerrero would be Sergio in September. Could go down as an all time GOAT fight and one of Floyd's toughest, especially in middleweight. This solidifies Floyd's legacy. Top 5 all time no questions asked.

After that, May 2014 he should get his last big payday and fight Canelo and retire. That 🤬 would do numbers. Canelo hasn't fought anyone yet to deserve the Mayweather fight and he still has room for development. He needs to at least fight Trout first.

Sadly, Mayweather vs. Martinez probably won't happen and Canelo won't even fight Trout.
  • perspective@100
    Canelo has fought no worthy opponents thus Floyd proves nothing by beating him. Martinez has the W.O.A.T fan base of any hispanic boxer with a belt. Floyd is gonna pic Guerrero hands down off wooping Berto Azz just like he picked Ortiz off wooping Berto's azz. Set up for may 4th its easy money
  • buttuh_b
    We all know Floyd will fight Guerrero on May 4th but the question is his September fight. Golden Boy needs to let Canelo get a couple impressive wins under his belt before they let him lose to Floyd. If they wait just a lil everyone can still eat.

Money wise Sergio doesnt make sense but legacy wise and as a fan of boxing it's no fight I would want to see more.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Mrslim1 wrote: »

Martinez has a better chance of beating Floyd than Canelo based on style. The ideal fight after Robert Guerrero would be Sergio in September. Could go down as an all time GOAT fight and one of Floyd's toughest, especially in middleweight. This solidifies Floyd's legacy. Top 5 all time no questions asked.

After that, May 2014 he should get his last big payday and fight Canelo and retire. That 🤬 would do numbers. Canelo hasn't fought anyone yet to deserve the Mayweather fight and he still has room for development. He needs to at least fight Trout first.

Sadly, Mayweather vs. Martinez probably won't happen and Canelo won't even fight Trout.

I think fighting a middleweight is a lot to ask of Floyd even tho I believe he is skilled enough to beat Sergio I just think he may be a Lil to.big for Floyd especially.if they.fight at.middleweight. but regardless Floyd has to fight on of the 2 ( Sergio or canelo )