What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer of this era period...

12357

Comments

  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else please... im dont have the will to type
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else please... im dont have the will to type

    It's cause you don't have any logical response. Floyd is dominant. Is he the greatest of this generation? Maybe. But there is no argument you can make that discredits those two. No one even gives a 🤬 about the HW division, and a lot of that is because the division is weak, but it's also because no one sees anyone beating the Klitchkos. At least with Floyd people believed Manny could win. Nobody even has that hope with the Klitchkos.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    People also believed cotto,DLH, mosley, Corrales would beat floyd until he beat them. 🤬 they didnt think he would fight them..
    The heavyweight divisions best prospects are fighting cab drivers or just havent arrived.. The Klitschkos era of the heavyweight division is the weakest since the Marciano era
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    People also believed cotto,DLH, mosley, Corrales would beat floyd until he beat them. 🤬 they didnt think he would fight them..
    The heavyweight divisions best prospects are fighting cab drivers or just havent arrived.. The Klitschkos era of the heavyweight division is the weakest since the Marciano era

    Come on, you making my point. Both DLH and Mosley were shells of themselves when they fought Floyd. Tyson beat Larry Holmes, but nobody hypes that up because they know Larry was far from his prime. Same 🤬 with Floyd. Manny really was the first person that was at peak dominance that was there for Floyd to fight. That would have been the crowning jewel of his career and he didn't take it. That would have been like Ali never fighting Frazier or Leonard never fight Duran.

    And once again, the HW division is weak but boxing in general is weak. The lighter divisions aren't any better, it's just that the couple stars they have are more marketable. For goodness sake, Manny is one of the only two boxers anyone cares about right now, and he just got done fighting the same guy for the fourth time despite the fact that he was 3 - 0 against him.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont watch much boxing... its ok. we are done here
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont watch much boxing... its ok. we are done here

    Typical Floyd dickrider response. Translation: "I don't really have any cogent argument to make, so I'll just claim you don't know anything about the sport and run away."

    It's ok. I understand the tactic and accept your concession.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ima boxing fan before a floyd fan.. my response wasnt about floyd its about your idiotic notion that here are no great/talented boxers in any division

    nice try though
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ima boxing fan before a floyd fan.. my response wasnt about floyd its about your idiotic notion that here are no great/talented boxers in any division

    nice try though

    SMH please post where I said there were no great/talented boxers in any division. Go ahead I'll wait.......you can't huh? Yeah I didn't think you could because I never said that. I said that this is the weakest era of boxing in general, and it is. That doesn't mean there is no talent or boxers with potential. It just means the sport in general is weak. Again, I've agreed with you that the HW is a weak division. Does that mean there are no up and comers or dudes with talent? No, there are a few and if you watch boxing as much as you claim you should know that. It's still a weak division though, and the same can be said for boxing as a whole.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 running circles around playmaker
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won didnt read
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

    Come on, you making my point. Both DLH and Mosley were shells of themselves when they fought Floyd. Tyson beat Larry Holmes, but nobody hypes that up because they know Larry was far from his prime. Same 🤬 with Floyd. Manny really was the first person that was at peak dominance that was there for Floyd to fight. That would have been the crowning jewel of his career and he didn't take it. That would have been like Ali never fighting Frazier or Leonard never fight Duran.

    And once again, the HW division is weak but boxing in general is weak. The lighter divisions aren't any better, it's just that the couple stars they have are more marketable. For goodness sake, Manny is one of the only two boxers anyone cares about right now, and he just got done fighting the same guy for the fourth time despite the fact that he was 3 - 0 against him.

    Worst boxing arguement in history of boxing arguments on the internet. You can not be a fan of boxing!

    No reason for anyone to argue with this guy he has no clue of what the hell he is talking about.

  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet you didnt refute it
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »
    🤬 running circles around playmaker

    Lol seriously...
    anyway,he can keep running in too circles it's aimless.. he can keep on truckin though
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Yet you didnt refute it

    I shouldn't have to... Why would I? Floyd career is out in the public. Just because some young'n start making hasty generalizations like "Floyd ain't fought nobody" he need to do his own research first... Just sounds foolish to a person who really knows, studies, and is a true fan of boxing.

    I shouldn't have to tell you all the names of the top fighters of each weight class because you young motherfuckas too lazy to look it up for yourself and/or don't know how to watch a fight on tv or Youtube...

    I don't understand why cats like you troll threads and have no clue about the topic at hand. Just shut up and read you might learn something...

    If you really want to know why his argument makes no sense just read what I underlined and look up the reasons for yourself.

  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Yet you didnt refute it

    I shouldn't have to... Why would I? Floyd career is out in the public. Just because some young'n start making hasty generalizations like "Floyd ain't fought nobody" he need to do his own research first... Just sounds foolish to a person who really knows, studies, and is a true fan of boxing.

    I shouldn't have to tell you all the names of the top fighters of each weight class because you young motherfuckas too lazy to look it up for yourself and/or don't know how to watch a fight on tv or Youtube...

    I don't understand why cats like you troll threads and have no clue about the topic at hand. Just shut up and read you might learn something...

    If you really want to know why his argument makes no sense just read what I underlined and look up the reasons for yourself.

    Didnt read, but..... you wrote all that when instead, if dude's argument was as dumb as you claim, you probably could've disproved it in half the words.

    Lauce for you.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Im convinced Monk just started watching boxing.

    Do you want me to list the top fighters/ undefeated fighters/"good" upcoming boxers/ hall of fame boxers Floyd has destroyed?

    Do your research homie because you sound really stupid.
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »

    Didnt read, but

    Ain't no "But", lol, 🤬 read it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll 🤬 can't read for 🤬 . I never said that Floyd hasn't fought big fighters. I said he hasn't fought them at their peaks. People throwing out names like DLH and Mosely and forgetting that DLH had gotten knocked the 🤬 out and took a damn near 2 year break from boxing before fighting Floyd and everyone should know the Mosely controversy. Paq was at the height of his career when people were trying to get that fight done. At the time, it would have been Floyd's marquis fight. Look, I don't care who you believe would have won. Hell, I don't even like Floyd and I'm inclined to believe he would have won no matter when they fought. That said, ya'll are delusional if you are going to act like that fight wasn't billed to be the biggest fight of his career.

    And seriously, I don't even need to provide arguments anymore. Either you guys are stupid or simply can't defend your stance. I see people try to attack me with a bunch of wrong assumptions, but not one of you has provided a worthwhile counter to what I'm saying. If what I'm saying is so ridiculous, you'd think one of you boxing officionados could have provided a decent counterargument by now. I don't claim to know everything. If you can come with something that proves me wrong, I have no problem admitting defeat. Instead, every response has been some idiotic attack on me rather than an actual attempt to refute what I'm saying.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't fight a bigger taller undefeated top 5 p4p at the time Corrales at his peak?

    He didn't beat Castillo twice at his peak?

    He didn't destroy Gatti?

    Beat a bigger De la Hola?

    He didn't beat Judah?

    An undefeated Ricky Hatton?

    He didn't make a future HOFer Marquez look like a scrub?

    A bigger Mosley, a bigger Cotto, a bigger Ortiz?

    Like seriously dog... you're talking out your ass.

    You're speaking opinions... im speaking facts.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    He didn't fight a bigger taller undefeated top 5 p4p at the time Corrales at his peak?

    He didn't beat Castillo twice at his peak?

    He didn't destroy Gatti?

    Beat a bigger De la Hola?

    He didn't beat Judah?

    An undefeated Ricky Hatton?

    He didn't make a future HOFer Marquez look like a scrub?

    A bigger Mosley, a bigger Cotto, a bigger Ortiz?

    Like seriously dog... you're talking out your ass.

    You're speaking opinions... im speaking facts.

    Castillo, I'll give you.

    Gatti got beat by Floyd and then lost two of his next three fights and retired. To me that seems like his fight with Floyd was the beginning of the end.

    De la Hoya - as I said before dude got knocked the 🤬 out by Bernard Hopkins, took damn near two years away from boxing, won a gimme fight, and then got beat by Floyd. So we really going to call that prime DLH?

    Judah - dude was coming of a loss to Baldomir, lost to Floyd and then lost 3 out of his next 5 fights. That's prime to you?

    Hatton - lost 2 of his next 4 after Floyd and then was done.

    Marquez - I'll give you

    Mosley - I can't believe you'd even bring up this fight. How long were people calling for this fight before it actually happened? How long was Mosley bouncing from station to station saying Floyd was ducking him? Not to mention that his record following the fight was a draw and two losses. That's definitely not prime territory there.

    Cotto - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    Ortiz - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    So two the nine people you named were inarguably at high points in their careers. Two who may or may not still be going places. And five who either fell apart after the fight with Floyd meaning they weren't very strong contenders at the time to begin with or were basically on the way out when they fought Floyd. That doesn't exactly support your argument.

    But hey, let's say every fighter you named up there was at their peak. Guess what? Manny also beat 5 of the 9 fighters you posted as big wins for Mayweather. So again, none of those dudes represented as big a challenge for Floyd as Manny. That was the whole reason the people were pushing those two as the only fight worth making because they has similarly cleaned out all reasonable competition. That is a fact. And back to my original point, there is no one like that there for the Klitchkos. There are fighters who have beaten the same people they've beaten, but there can be no question about whether they can beat the Klitchkos because the they have already taken those fights and won them.
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    He didn't fight a bigger taller undefeated top 5 p4p at the time Corrales at his peak?

    He didn't beat Castillo twice at his peak?

    He didn't destroy Gatti?

    Beat a bigger De la Hola?

    He didn't beat Judah?

    An undefeated Ricky Hatton?

    He didn't make a future HOFer Marquez look like a scrub?

    A bigger Mosley, a bigger Cotto, a bigger Ortiz?

    Like seriously dog... you're talking out your ass.

    You're speaking opinions... im speaking facts.

    LOL, you giving him too much... He think floyd started fighting when he fought De La Hoya... It's too funny ridiculing someone who knows nothing of a fighters history making rediculous claims like they know what they are talking about.

    Odds are he does not know who those fighters are anyway as I stated before he is not a fan of boxing. Just a lazy azz youngin... I mean, all he had to do was google "note worthy fights for Floyd Mayweather". Stop Spoon feeding this guy, and let him rant and rave its entertaining...

    Corrales alone ends his whole 🤬 arguement... Thats a peak floyd not the guy you see shoulder rolling these 🤬 ass b level fighters. Floyd make your typical A class Fighter look like a 🤬 . Its that simple.
    I believe he fights down a level to make fights more intriguing...



  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    He didn't fight a bigger taller undefeated top 5 p4p at the time Corrales at his peak?

    He didn't beat Castillo twice at his peak?

    He didn't destroy Gatti?

    Beat a bigger De la Hola?

    He didn't beat Judah?

    An undefeated Ricky Hatton?

    He didn't make a future HOFer Marquez look like a scrub?

    A bigger Mosley, a bigger Cotto, a bigger Ortiz?

    Like seriously dog... you're talking out your ass.

    You're speaking opinions... im speaking facts.

    LOL, you giving him too much... He think floyd started fighting when he fought De La Hoya... It's too funny ridiculing someone who knows nothing of a fighters history making rediculous claims like they know what they are talking about.

    Odds are he does not know who those fighters are anyway as I stated before he is not a fan of boxing. Just a lazy azz youngin... I mean, all he had to do was google "note worthy fights for Floyd Mayweather". Stop Spoon feeding this guy, and let him rant and rave its entertaining...

    Corrales alone ends his whole 🤬 arguement... Thats a peak floyd not the guy you see shoulder rolling these 🤬 ass b level fighters. Floyd make your typical A class Fighter look like a 🤬 . Its that simple.
    I believe he fights down a level to make fights more intriguing...

    I'm talking out of my ass, yet you are add nothing at all to the convo. What is the point of anything you're saying? Nothing, so let it go. I'm 32 and been watching boxing since I was 9, so these silly character attacks you're making are pointless.

    You're clearly here to defend Floyd at all costs, the problem is your caping for him is misplaced. I didn't come in here to discredit Floyd. I never said he wasn't the best of this generation. My point was only that whether you like them or not, the Klitchkos have to at least be in the discussion. They've been just as dominant as Floyd and there is no point in their careers where you can say they had a very real threat that they avoided fighting. Floyd can't say that, period. And again, whether you like it or not, a lot of his big time opponents were clearly on the decline given their performances after him. We can say that he outclasses his comp and that's fine, but that has nothing to do with how they perform after that loss. Please name me one all time great fighter that lost in his prime and then completely fell off. You'd be hard pressed to do that because that kind of thing is not the mark of a great fighter in his prime.
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Castillo, I'll give you.

    Gatti got beat by Floyd and then lost two of his next three fights and retired. To me that seems like his fight with Floyd was the beginning of the end.


    De la Hoya - as I said before dude got knocked the 🤬 out by Bernard Hopkins, took damn near two years away from boxing, won a gimme fight, and then got beat by Floyd. So we really going to call that prime DLH?

    Judah - dude was coming of a loss to Baldomir, lost to Floyd and then lost 3 out of his next 5 fights. That's prime to you?

    Hatton - lost 2 of his next 4 after Floyd and then was done.

    Marquez - I'll give you

    Mosley - I can't believe you'd even bring up this fight. How long were people calling for this fight before it actually happened? How long was Mosley bouncing from station to station saying Floyd was ducking him? Not to mention that his record following the fight was a draw and two losses. That's definitely not prime territory there.

    Cotto - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    Ortiz - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    So two the nine people you named were inarguably at high points in their careers. Two who may or may not still be going places. And five who either fell apart after the fight with Floyd meaning they weren't very strong contenders at the time to begin with or were basically on the way out when they fought Floyd. That doesn't exactly support your argument.

    But hey, let's say every fighter you named up there was at their peak. Guess what? Manny also beat 5 of the 9 fighters you posted as big wins for Mayweather. So again, none of those dudes represented as big a challenge for Floyd as Manny. That was the whole reason the people were pushing those two as the only fight worth making because they has similarly cleaned out all reasonable competition. That is a fact. And back to my original point, there is no one like that there for the Klitchkos. There are fighters who have beaten the same people they've beaten, but there can be no question about whether they can beat the Klitchkos because the they have already taken those fights and won them.

    You cant say a fighter aint 🤬 because he lost to Floyd then his career went to 🤬 ... Floyd has beat undefeated champions and all you can say is they could not win after Floyd beat them? Floyd is not in his prime himself but yet he has to fight everyone else while they are in their prime?

    What the 🤬 are you saying? Floyd ages too, so if you think him waiting to fight someone makes a difference then maybe their skill set was never there to begin with. Floyd is like 36 and you acting like he still in his twenties, haha this 🤬 is laughable.

    Nope and people were only pushing for the Manny fight cuz he was knocking cats out left and right on them Roids haha. That is Fact. Cat got a steroid distributor in his corner and Floyd suppose to rush to fight this guy? GTFOH

    And you still only talking a few fighters. Floyd like 40 something and 0... You need to do more research and youtube more fights youngin.

  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castillo, I'll give you.

    Gatti got beat by Floyd and then lost two of his next three fights and retired. To me that seems like his fight with Floyd was the beginning of the end.


    De la Hoya - as I said before dude got knocked the 🤬 out by Bernard Hopkins, took damn near two years away from boxing, won a gimme fight, and then got beat by Floyd. So we really going to call that prime DLH?

    Judah - dude was coming of a loss to Baldomir, lost to Floyd and then lost 3 out of his next 5 fights. That's prime to you?

    Hatton - lost 2 of his next 4 after Floyd and then was done.

    Marquez - I'll give you

    Mosley - I can't believe you'd even bring up this fight. How long were people calling for this fight before it actually happened? How long was Mosley bouncing from station to station saying Floyd was ducking him? Not to mention that his record following the fight was a draw and two losses. That's definitely not prime territory there.

    Cotto - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    Ortiz - lost to Floyd, just lost again. Still remains to be seen where his career is going from here.

    So two the nine people you named were inarguably at high points in their careers. Two who may or may not still be going places. And five who either fell apart after the fight with Floyd meaning they weren't very strong contenders at the time to begin with or were basically on the way out when they fought Floyd. That doesn't exactly support your argument.

    But hey, let's say every fighter you named up there was at their peak. Guess what? Manny also beat 5 of the 9 fighters you posted as big wins for Mayweather. So again, none of those dudes represented as big a challenge for Floyd as Manny. That was the whole reason the people were pushing those two as the only fight worth making because they has similarly cleaned out all reasonable competition. That is a fact. And back to my original point, there is no one like that there for the Klitchkos. There are fighters who have beaten the same people they've beaten, but there can be no question about whether they can beat the Klitchkos because the they have already taken those fights and won them.

    You cant say a fighter aint 🤬 because he lost to Floyd then his career went to 🤬 ... Floyd has beat undefeated champions and all you can say is they could not win after Floyd beat them? Floyd is not in his prime himself but yet he has to fight everyone else while they are in their prime?

    What the 🤬 are you saying? Floyd ages too, so if you think him waiting to fight someone makes a difference then maybe their skill set was never there to begin with. Floyd is like 36 and you acting like he still in his twenties, haha this 🤬 is laughable.

    Nope and people were only pushing for the Manny fight cuz he was knocking cats out left and right on them Roids haha. That is Fact. Cat got a steroid distributor in his corner and Floyd suppose to rush to fight this guy? GTFOH

    And you still only talking a few fighters. Floyd like 40 something and 0... You need to do more research and youtube more fights youngin.

    Dude, what the 🤬 are you even talking about. Take Floyd's 🤬 out of your ass and pay attention for a minute. I never said Floyd wasn't 🤬 . I never said Floyd wasn't one of if not the best of this generation. So you arguing so hard trying to convince me that Floyd is a good fighter is silly. It's pointless.

    And yes, it does say something about Floyd's competition when after they fight him, they can't win anymore. They weren't on Floyd's level? That's all well and good, but Floyd's dominance over them shouldn't have affected their ability to beat lesser fighters after that loss. How can a fighter be in his prime if he goes 30 - 4, loses a big fight, then goes 2 - 3 and retires. That's clearly a decline. You can credit Floyd for exposing them. Hell, you can credit him for breaking them. I won't argue that. But since when do we consider those kinds of fighters elite. Think about some of the all time greats. They all lost big fights in their primes. If after they lost those fights, they wilted and disappeared, would we still consider them elite fighters? Would we still consider that to be their prime or would we acknowledge it as the beginning for their fall?
Sign In or Register to comment.