What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Rappers That Grew On You

2»

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-40
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Getting it out the mud Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Wale..

Future
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick & schoolboy Q
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    50 I knew of him, heard some joints but wasn't impressed I started listening more towards the end of the buzz of GRODT for some reason I hated his take on gangsta rap

Lupe hated his voice but it wasn't until The Cool album like above said

Rick Ross wasn't until Aston Martin Music, I think 🤬 with Diddy in the studio he finally found his voice. He sounded like 🤬 to me prior but as of late I'm not feeling him lately. I was impartial to the lil wayne john lennon joint they had and ever since then it's been like a seesaw

T.I. didn't start till Paper Trail album really listening.

Ab-Soul he piqued my interest on K.Dot's Section 80 mixtape, when I heard his muisc prior to learning about K.Dot or his affiliation I didnt feel his music.

Im sure there's more artist...
  • franknitti
    franknitti Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Gucci... I couldn't stand him or that "so icy" 🤬 . He kept grinded tho and eventually drop some classic mixtape material.

Same with Jeezy.

Jay-z as well, didn't rly 🤬 with him til blueprint 1.
  • King Menos
    King Menos Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    GZA..it took me a while to get into liquid swordz
    8ball & MJG...when i finally heard on top of the world i couldnt believe i was sleeping on them
    i like flocka too...flockaveli was good to me
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay z....I wasn't really 🤬 with his albums before blueprint....I liked his singles because timbo did a lot of them but that's about it
  • JFK
    JFK Members Posts: 13
    Kendrick.
  • gr8VALue
    gr8VALue Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Jay z....I wasn't really 🤬 with his albums before blueprint....I liked his singles because timbo did a lot of them but that's about it

Same here, didn't start 🤬 with jay till after big pimpin

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Sean
    Rick Ross
    Wale
    Kendrick Lamar
    Schoolboy Q
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Rock
    Dipset
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Juicy J
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    Childish Gambino
    XV
    Lupe Fiasco
    Lil B
    Silk Da Shokcer
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Juicy J

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TI (Rubbaband Man + Urban Legend)

Rick Ross (Trilla)

Kendrick Lamar (like OD for the most part. Thought Section 80 was grossly overrated as was his Take Care feature and the aklajldkhammaiuehjsfdjfbsdfd style of rap he had for most of 2012. Loved his album & features)

Ghostface (Supreme Clientele, couldnt stand his voice before and his rhyme style)

Cee-Lo (Bass Head Jazz, Dro In the Wind feature, Soul Machine then going back to Soul Food)
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    50 I knew of him, heard some joints but wasn't impressed I started listening more towards the end of the buzz of GRODT for some reason I hated his take on gangsta rap

Lupe hated his voice but it wasn't until The Cool album like above said

Rick Ross wasn't until Aston Martin Music, I think 🤬 with Diddy in the studio he finally found his voice. He sounded like 🤬 to me prior but as of late I'm not feeling him lately. I was impartial to the lil wayne john lennon joint they had and ever since then it's been like a seesaw

T.I. didn't start till Paper Trail album really listening.

Ab-Soul he piqued my interest on K.Dot's Section 80 mixtape, when I heard his muisc prior to learning about K.Dot or his affiliation I didnt feel his music.

Im sure there's more artist...

Your comment on Ross & the Lennon joint is on point

50 is someone i never really cared for or shied (spelling?) away from. I never fell for the GRODT+I Smell 🤬 /Wanksta hype & thgt How To Rob is still a very overrated and "whatever" type of song. but 50 Cent is the Future, the rise of Banks & his placement within the mixtapes made me able to enjoy 50....
    ...until he dropped that beer coaster in the Massacre

• RickyRich
    RickyRich RUCKWORLDMembers Posts: 13,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thewanted