What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Hector Lavoe Music Appreciation Thread

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    el diablo cono!

tumblr_m8214ehinc1qaueabo1_500.gif
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the movie about his life, El Cantante? My dad and abuelo were watching and I immediately Lavoe's music. The King of Salsa, Hector Lavoe.
  • MuhannadMuhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the movie about his life, El Cantante? My dad and abuelo were watching and I immediately Lavoe's music. The King of Salsa, Hector Lavoe.
    I saw that movie and I liked it.

• nujerz84nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Cantante...Hector Lavoe
  • blackrainblackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Hands down the GOAT...
    Didn't really listen to Salsa before but after watching El Cantante, I became a huge fan of the genre and Hector Lavoe. My dad has Puerto Rico salsa dvd's and Fania All-stars, GOAT stuff. Piano duels, 🤬 amazing
  • black caesarblack caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you know about that salsa life? One of my favorite Hector songs:

Even the Marc Anthony version was dope:

Muhannad X wrote: »
    I saw that movie and I liked it.

It got slammed, but I thought the movie was good.

Ya'll gonna mess around and have me make a salsa/mergenue/bachata thread.
  • blackrainblackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Make it...Bachata is easily one of my favorite types of music.
    Bachata is great music
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Didn't really listen to Salsa before but after watching El Cantante, I became a huge fan of the genre and Hector Lavoe. My dad has Puerto Rico salsa dvd's and Fania All-stars, GOAT stuff. Piano duels, 🤬 amazing

Classic salsa joints
    Hechate pa halla que tu no estas en naaa!!!!
    damn this 🤬 gave me chills straight up reminded me of my Grandfather who would play all salsa tunes
  • average-johnaverage-john Members Posts: 35
    Love this song!
    Love this song!

• nujerz84nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gangsta of Salsa
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this my dude....
    great music but my favorite song is El dia de mi suerte

its might sound wild but ive always lijked 🤬 songs more than hectors