What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Why didn't black ppl invent some LAST names instead of all this "Laquisha" bulls***

Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACYPosts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Seriously. Does ANYBODY have any idea where all these random-ass "black" first names even came from? "La" as a prefix? The fuck? That's French, b.

Meanwhile, errbody that ain't convert to Islam (yet) still reppin' the crackas that raped our ancestors.

Last names are family names. The ones that carry throughout the centuries. We shoulda been changing our family names to "Zulu" and "X" etc. in the 70s.

Wassup w/ that?
internet-reality.gif
ceothachosen1

Replies

  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on changing my name. I agree with Malcolm.



    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,588 Regulator
    Random "black-ass" first names come directly from Africa.....
    it seems doubtful we can say this about ALL the names he's talking about

  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Eric Dyson talked a lot about black people naming themselves after the fall of slavery. He found that blacks took the names of "good" white folks and used them for first or last names. The crazy first names go back pretty far too, I wouldn't say Africa, but slaves had names that sound like nicknames ("Boots"). Black folks also name their children through cultural things like the Qu'ran and the Bible ("Muhammad" & "John") or based off where they are from.


    The ghetto names probably began when people started trying to be too different from whites. They started naming their children after things with meaning, then it dissolved to just random ass hyphenated or apostrophied names. Crazy ghetto names also come from parents putting their names together ("Tyroneisha", "Jeriesha").


    Its a long history when it comes to how names got how they are.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    HafBayked
  • Drew_AliDrew_Ali Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Oceanic wrote: »
    I plan on changing my name. I agree with Malcolm.

    I suggest you go with Tom or Thomas...........

    laffoley_the_Solitron_-_zoom_of_double_mobeius_strip_with_sigils_%2526_Tesla_tech.jpg

    Disciplined InSightBodhiStoneColdMikey
  • Africans were forced to abandon their, history, culture, and language. By the time they were emancipated that culture had been completely forgotten and those english names were all that they knew.
    These hood names that we hear nowadays are just black folk trying to be creative and form some sort of cultural identity
    if ya think about it, most immigrants still have their names and language, latinos, asians, indians, arabs, etc.
    What do blacks have? Blacks havent changed names becuz its all they know. Same as with Christianity and Catholicism. Its all they know. And unfortunately that's master's religion and language.
    Follow me @TooGuud


    I've got a long list of possible excuses, but still made it work, no surrender.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 8,588 Regulator
    TooGood wrote: »
    These hood names that we hear nowadays are just black folk trying to be creative and form some sort of cultural identity
    i think he's saying they need to try harder

  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    I suggest you go with Tom or Thomas...........

    No thanks. I'll leave the European names to your people.
    bambu wrote: »
    I have European heritage...
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/239178/okay-time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-rnr/p1

    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    Drew_Ali
  • Drew_AliDrew_Ali Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    I suggest you go with Tom or Thomas...........

    No thanks. I'll leave the European names to your people.
    bambu wrote: »
    I have European heritage...
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/239178/okay-time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-rnr/p1

    LOL @Oceanic........
    bambu wrote: »
    I have European heritage...
    bambu wrote: »
    I have African heritage...

    And if your bitch ass must know........

    My "people" and I have Hebrew names.......

    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474161/anti-creationists-time-to-speak-your-clout/p26

    I know you mad cuz you couldn't tattyl tale me off the boards..........

    Perhaps you should visit the G&S............

    You herbs banning me have made me more powerful than you could possibly imagine........
    Oceanic wrote: »
    My theory is that whites will become extinct over time

    LOLz.......

    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474161/anti-creationists-time-to-speak-your-clout/p26
    laffoley_the_Solitron_-_zoom_of_double_mobeius_strip_with_sigils_%2526_Tesla_tech.jpg

    Bodhi
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    You herbs banning me have made me more powerful than you could possibly imagine........

    tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    Drew_Ali
  • Drew_AliDrew_Ali Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    My theory is that whites will become extinct over time

    CharlieMurphyLaugh.gif
    laffoley_the_Solitron_-_zoom_of_double_mobeius_strip_with_sigils_%2526_Tesla_tech.jpg

  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    bambu wrote: »
    I have European heritage...

    tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

    tumblr_md3q1eJGmA1ql9thoo1_500.jpg
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    Drew_Ali
  • Drew_AliDrew_Ali Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    bambu wrote: »
    I have African heritage...

    michelleobamawhyumadtho.jpg
    laffoley_the_Solitron_-_zoom_of_double_mobeius_strip_with_sigils_%2526_Tesla_tech.jpg

  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    I suggest you go with Tom or Thomas...........

    No thanks. I'll leave the European names to your people.

    lmao black parent naming they child Thomas is just awful, why, what are you thinking

    I think our culture should embrace SOME European surnames. Like Garvey. Or Turner.

    and fuck that whites ARE gonna become extinct over time lol. "Nothin' but a teaspoon of milk in the world color majority!"
    internet-reality.gif
    janklowDisciplined InSight
  • And StepAnd Step Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm cool with it. It is a step in the right direction. Actually, it shows we are beginning to get our minds back. Names and Languages serve for Communication, descriptive, and characteristic purposes anyway.
    I Self Lord & Master
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TASHA = PRONOUNCE TASHYAH

    TAMISHA = PRONOUNCE TAMISYAH

    LATISHA = PRONOUNCE LATISHYAH

    that's because it's in our soul and spirit to have the most high name in our names like our ancestors, we Hebrews that's why....

    ol trying to be funny ass nigga
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH


    tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    Disciplined InSightDrew_Ali
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Michael Eric Dyson talked a lot about black people naming themselves after the fall of slavery. He found that blacks took the names of "good" white folks and used them for first or last names. The crazy first names go back pretty far too, I wouldn't say Africa, but slaves had names that sound like nicknames ("Boots"). Black folks also name their children through cultural things like the Qu'ran and the Bible ("Muhammad" & "John") or based off where they are from.


    The ghetto names probably began when people started trying to be too different from whites. They started naming their children after things with meaning, then it dissolved to just random ass hyphenated or apostrophied names. Crazy ghetto names also come from parents putting their names together ("Tyroneisha", "Jeriesha").


    Its a long history when it comes to how names got how they are.

    and there you go, like I said in my post above, our Spirit tells us to continue to keep YAH'S name in our mouth, we his people even though we are lost, our spirit gives us hints to who we are and everytime we call out our sisters name we praising YAH, yall niggas about to be awaken with truth....

    they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, niggas call it ugly......

    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH


    tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    Drew_AliDisciplined InSightHafBayked
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    waterproof wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, niggas call it ugly......

    FOH, those names are fucked up and will cause your child to be teased in school and marginalize in life. I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot bitches are pulling shit out of their asses and are literally naming their kids shit because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy. Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.
    Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

    “There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    PK_TK_187
  • Drew_AliDrew_Ali Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to tell these niggas, but they kept banning me............
    waterproof wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Michael Eric Dyson talked a lot about black people naming themselves after the fall of slavery. He found that blacks took the names of "good" white folks and used them for first or last names. The crazy first names go back pretty far too, I wouldn't say Africa, but slaves had names that sound like nicknames ("Boots"). Black folks also name their children through cultural things like the Qu'ran and the Bible ("Muhammad" & "John") or based off where they are from.


    The ghetto names probably began when people started trying to be too different from whites. They started naming their children after things with meaning, then it dissolved to just random ass hyphenated or apostrophied names. Crazy ghetto names also come from parents putting their names together ("Tyroneisha", "Jeriesha").


    Its a long history when it comes to how names got how they are.

    and there you go, like I said in my post above, our Spirit tells us to continue to keep YAH'S name in our mouth, we his people even though we are lost, our spirit gives us hints to who we are and everytime we call out our sisters name we praising YAH, yall niggas about to be awaken with truth....

    they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, niggas call it ugly......

    Realest shit posted in the R & R........


    laffoley_the_Solitron_-_zoom_of_double_mobeius_strip_with_sigils_%2526_Tesla_tech.jpg

  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot bitches are pulling shit out of their asses and are literally naming their kids shit because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy.[/i] Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.

    Man, thank you. Like i said, I got love for REAL African names but dammit Cosby was right about this one (he was wrong for including "Muhammed" obviously); ain't shit Afrocentric about these dumb hoes naming they kids Lateeshiana. There's zero thought or wisdom to it, we just started doing it "because it sounds cool". Saying that's Pro-Black is like saying racing stripe decals make your car go faster. Fuck outta here with this Black Hebrew excuse, like somebody got these names out of the Sephirot or Scripture or the Qu'ran. Nigga please. You ain't praising Allah with these silly-ass names, you're bragging about your own ignorance and the white man is laughing his ass off at you while you do it.

    these ignant bitches prolly think "Yahweh" is a rapper or sports drink who the fuck are you kidding.....
    waterproof wrote: »
    yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained

    yeah, he sure do, he got ya'll thinking that there is anything Black or African about "la" as a prefix. Some old French slave master is laughing his ass off at yall

    don't wanna name yo kids after great African leaders like Chaka or Hannibal or Imhotep or Garang....don't even wanna give them white names used by great black men like Nathaniel or Frederick or Mosiah or Toussaint....naw, ppl wanna make up some shit off the top of they head instead of turning off Tyler Perry and picking up a fucking book.
    internet-reality.gif
    janklow
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot bitches are pulling shit out of their asses and are literally naming their kids shit because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy.[/i] Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.

    Man, thank you. Like i said, I got love for REAL African names but dammit Cosby was right about this one (he was wrong for including "Muhammed" obviously); ain't shit Afrocentric about these dumb hoes naming they kids Lateeshiana. There's zero thought or wisdom to it, we just started doing it "because it sounds cool". Saying that's Pro-Black is like saying racing stripe decals make your car go faster. Fuck outta here with this Black Hebrew excuse, like somebody got these names out of the Sephirot or Scripture or the Qu'ran. Nigga please. You ain't praising Allah with these silly-ass names, you're bragging about your own ignorance and the white man is laughing his ass off at you while you do it.

    these ignant bitches prolly think "Yahweh" is a rapper or sports drink who the fuck are you kidding.....
    waterproof wrote: »
    yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained

    yeah, he sure do, he got ya'll thinking that there is anything Black or African about "la" as a prefix. Some old French slave master is laughing his ass off at yall

    don't wanna name yo kids after great African leaders like Chaka or Hannibal or Imhotep or Garang....don't even wanna give them white names used by great black men like Nathaniel or Frederick or Mosiah or Toussaint....naw, ppl wanna make up some shit off the top of they head instead of turning off Tyler Perry and picking up a fucking book.

    you silly ass nigga i'm bout to make you look dumber than you are, PEEP GAME YALL this simple minded shit for brains ass nigga thinks LA is french and the white man is laughing right..


    Quick question what tongue is older Hebrew or French.

    Laban - Hebrew name in the torah

    Laila - Hebrew name

    Black tongue with La in it that was created thousands of years before the french even had a tongue or a nation..


    you silly ass nigga you dealing with high science, lol....it's the passover and the Rauch is moving me right now,lol......shalom silly nigga

    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH


    tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    Drew_AliDisciplined InSight
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    waterproof wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall niggas head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, niggas call it ugly......

    FOH, those names are fucked up and will cause your child to be teased in school and marginalize in life. I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot bitches are pulling shit out of their asses and are literally naming their kids shit because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy. Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.


    And that's where you fucked up at, it's not an afrocentric name and it's not supposed to be an afrocentric name, it's a name from a people that creating something new to reclaim what was lost and at the same time is something that is so familiar like a forgotten song a person heard when they was little and it came back, but some how they can not place the name of the song but remember a piece of the lyric, see THE MOST HIGH do not deal with people like yall, he deal with the spirit and out of nowhere like their ancestors before them a miracle happen they name their kids creating a new name like every other nation on earth have done but they put the father name in it by pronouncing the word YAH, see the black race ham and shen always spell words out like it should be written. this have nothing to do what is african because africa have many tongues and languages, this have to do with the spirit, now if you want to name your kid an euorpean name and african name FROM A NATION AND TONGUE THAT MIGHT NOT BE OF YOUR ANCESTORS BUT HEY IT'S FROM AFRICA THEY ALL THE SAME RIGHT then that's you but dont you dare shit on something that is black genius that comes frOM the Rauch.....
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH


    tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    I Self Lord & Master
  • Darth SidiousDarth Sidious ..in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only warPosts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's advisable for white/black/asian etc.. to not give their children cute or unique/made-up names because it makes YOU feel special and you are being ultra clever.

    You are giving your child an unnecessary strike against them in dealing with the adult world.

    You may not like this, but this is the world you are living in.

    My name is a VERY normal/old name that not many kids are have nowadays. I hated that growing up but works just fine as an adult.
    349213HorusRisingbyNeilRoberts.jpg

    poster-horus-rising.jpg
    Jabu_Rule
  • I Self Lord & MasterI Self Lord & Master Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    lol this being on ahh is kinda ironic

    hip hop , and all its black musical predecessors , were the culimations organic black expressions. Same with these names

    but i guess it would take ur white mother, and her peers ,to celebrate and validate something before u can accept it?

    Gotcha fam

    "I'M JACK JOHNSON, HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. I'M BLACK...THEY NEVER LET ME FORGET IT. I'M BLACK, ALRIGHT....I'LL NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT"

    waterproofJabu_Rule
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this being on ahh is kinda ironic

    hip hop , and all its black musical predecessors , were the culimations organic black expressions. Same with these names

    but i guess it would take ur white mother, and her peers ,to celebrate and validate something before u can accept it?

    Gotcha fam

    that's some real shit and one nigga got the nerve to say it's better we have European names or some shit in that vain, talk about a broken and defeated negro, I outta put that shit in my sig with the disclaimer "defeated negro"
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH


    tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.