What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Is the criticism for our favorite Hip Hop artist valid???

ohhhla
ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
We all know that no one is perfect in any form of media and there is legitimate criticism.

But for the most part do the criticism hold weight or just false

For instance with Big Daddy Kane he faded away after his first 2 LPs due

To trying to be more R&B like and like some sort of LL.

I acknowledge these criticism

But I see when you have legitimate claim against a certain artist

People resort to name calling and catch feelings quick.

Comments

  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks Like a Job For....(1994) was hard as 🤬 . Kane did do the R&B unsuccessfully but the 🤬 proved his point after his first 2. 🤬 couldn't fade Kane.


    In order for the criticism to be valid it has to be true at the very least.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Looks Like a Job For....(1994) was hard as 🤬 . Kane did do the R&B unsuccessfully but the 🤬 proved his point after his first 2. 🤬 couldn't fade Kane.


    In order for the criticism to be valid it has to be true at the very least.

    I know that I think Kane has like 3 great albums

    One classic. But I understand when folks say Kane faded out

    And I understand when to some folks it's an insult to compare him to Rakim.

    I acknowledge this but for example.

    If you tell a Pac fan his rhymes weren't the most intricate and etc

    They lash out at you and pull the "real 🤬 feel his music."

    Or Eazy E can't rap it gets crazy.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eazy couldn't rap *shrugs*. That 🤬 is obvious.


    Some 🤬 's just can't face up to their favs flaws. Wu-Tang, 2Pac, some Nas and Jay-Z fans go way overboard but that's how it is I guess.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Eazy couldn't rap *shrugs*. That 🤬 is obvious.


    Some 🤬 's just can't face up to their favs flaws. Wu-Tang, 2Pac, some Nas and Jay-Z fans go way overboard but that's how it is I guess.

    🤬 , did you see Menace when I said that??

    He gave me a no-sign and thought I was crazy.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them 🤬 just get on the beat to talk 🤬 , they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them 🤬 just get on the beat to talk 🤬 , they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it

    I personally like Birdman and I can acknowledge that he can't rap.

    Birdman knows he can't rap but if you say the same about Eazy-E

    🤬 will give the 'stank face'.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them 🤬 just get on the beat to talk 🤬 , they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it

    I personally like Birdman and I can acknowledge that he can't rap.

    Birdman knows he can't rap but if you say the same about Eazy-E

    🤬 will give the 'stank face'.

    I listen to eazy becuz that 🤬 was funny.. but it's common knowledge that he ain't write that 🤬 .. doesn't take away from it for me tho
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them 🤬 just get on the beat to talk 🤬 , they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it

    I personally like Birdman and I can acknowledge that he can't rap.

    Birdman knows he can't rap but if you say the same about Eazy-E

    🤬 will give the 'stank face'.

    I listen to eazy becuz that 🤬 was funny.. but it's common knowledge that he ain't write that 🤬 .. doesn't take away from it for me tho

    Yea he was entertaining.

    So, what they say about Jay is it valid???
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them 🤬 just get on the beat to talk 🤬 , they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it

    I personally like Birdman and I can acknowledge that he can't rap.

    Birdman knows he can't rap but if you say the same about Eazy-E

    🤬 will give the 'stank face'.

    I listen to eazy becuz that 🤬 was funny.. but it's common knowledge that he ain't write that 🤬 .. doesn't take away from it for me tho

    Yea he was entertaining.

    So, what they say about Jay is it valid???
    It depends on what
    Said.. I remember the article about NAS endorsing henny andd a lot of the same folks who bash jay for similar 🤬 was giving NAS a pass cuz he broke.. I mean at least b consistent.. look at the "jay never gave kanye a shot, it was dame" argument when it's said from kanye and dame themselves that they only wanted the 🤬 fa his beats.. i never could get how a cat like h-rap would throw his full support to a 🤬 like Ross but but would write an essay with sources on how jeezy, 50, or jay's character issues.. I mean I 🤬 with Ross but how n the 🤬 do u not see this 🤬 's flaws??
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like about how he's Euro and he sucks after The Black Album

    The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Like about how he's Euro and he sucks after The Black Album

    The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder

    You know, I was listening to some old hov(blueprint 2) and the 🤬 does have a different mentally somewhat.. but some of its just growth as a person and some is the fact he isn't where he used to b.. if a cat say the listen to lyrics over just nodding to the beat and say thatt he wasn't spitting on kingdom come or AG then they bugging.. I think most dudes just think he's more inconsistent with his verses now.. which I agree.. I want more So Appalled type verses than 3 kings verses.. but I think he's just tryna figure out where he wants to take his music to next.. he's one of the few rappers that can experiment and not lose much fan support.. as far as hoppin on trends, I think that's 🤬 cuz u can say that about any Rapper.. other than dmx cuz that 🤬 still wearing denim suits
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Like about how he's Euro and he sucks after The Black Album

    The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder

    You know, I was listening to some old hov(blueprint 2) and the 🤬 does have a different mentally somewhat.. but some of its just growth as a person and some is the fact he isn't where he used to b.. if a cat say the listen to lyrics over just nodding to the beat and say thatt he wasn't spitting on kingdom come or AG then they bugging.. I think most dudes just think he's more inconsistent with his verses now.. which I agree.. I want more So Appalled type verses than 3 kings verses.. but I think he's just tryna figure out where he wants to take his music to next.. he's one of the few rappers that can experiment and not lose much fan support.. as far as hoppin on trends, I think that's 🤬 cuz u can say that about any Rapper.. other than dmx cuz that 🤬 still wearing denim suits

    Word, that's why Jay and Kane's catalog are the most entertaining

    Because their charisma, flow and mic presence makes it worth while.

    Kingdom Come is one of his mature albums

    AG is like one of the best albums in the last decade.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Like about how he's Euro and he sucks after The Black Album

    The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder

    You know, I was listening to some old hov(blueprint 2) and the 🤬 does have a different mentally somewhat.. but some of its just growth as a person and some is the fact he isn't where he used to b.. if a cat say the listen to lyrics over just nodding to the beat and say thatt he wasn't spitting on kingdom come or AG then they bugging.. I think most dudes just think he's more inconsistent with his verses now.. which I agree.. I want more So Appalled type verses than 3 kings verses.. but I think he's just tryna figure out where he wants to take his music to next.. he's one of the few rappers that can experiment and not lose much fan support.. as far as hoppin on trends, I think that's 🤬 cuz u can say that about any Rapper.. other than dmx cuz that 🤬 still wearing denim suits

    Word, that's why Jay and Kane's catalog are the most entertaining

    Because their charisma, flow and mic presence makes it worth while.

    Kingdom Come is one of his mature albums

    AG is like one of the best albums in the last decade.

    One of my favorite thing about jay's music is he lets people in more than u think if u look for it..just look his catalog from reasonable doubt to some of his latest music and look at how his view of his father changed throughout the years..went from hating him to loving him and trying to understand y he did thee things that he did and wasn't around
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit I'm Mad Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Yep.

    I know Nas Lost, Jay's a biter, KRITS album was a let down, Ye is an 🤬 , Prodigy fell off, Jeezy, Luda and TI are losing it, and Drake be actin suspect.


    Thats just off top, lol.. All of my favorite artist have mad flaws. I guess the question is who stay staning the most?
Sign In or Register to comment.