What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is the criticism for our favorite Hip Hop artist valid???

ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
We all know that no one is perfect in any form of media and there is legitimate criticism.

But for the most part do the criticism hold weight or just false

For instance with Big Daddy Kane he faded away after his first 2 LPs due

To trying to be more R&B like and like some sort of LL.

I acknowledge these criticism

But I see when you have legitimate claim against a certain artist

People resort to name calling and catch feelings quick.

Replies

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks Like a Job For....(1994) was hard as fuck. Kane did do the R&B unsuccessfully but the nigga proved his point after his first 2. Niggas couldn't fade Kane.

In order for the criticism to be valid it has to be true at the very least.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    ohhhla
  • ohhhlaohhhla Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Looks Like a Job For....(1994) was hard as fuck. Kane did do the R&B unsuccessfully but the nigga proved his point after his first 2. Niggas couldn't fade Kane.

In order for the criticism to be valid it has to be true at the very least.

I know that I think Kane has like 3 great albums

One classic. But I understand when folks say Kane faded out

And I understand when to some folks it's an insult to compare him to Rakim.

I acknowledge this but for example.

If you tell a Pac fan his rhymes weren't the most intricate and etc

They lash out at you and pull the "real niggas feel his music."

Or Eazy E can't rap it gets crazy.
    Eazy couldn't rap *shrugs*. That shit is obvious.

Some nigga's just can't face up to their favs flaws. Wu-Tang, 2Pac, some Nas and Jay-Z fans go way overboard but that's how it is I guess.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Eazy couldn't rap *shrugs*. That shit is obvious.

Some nigga's just can't face up to their favs flaws. Wu-Tang, 2Pac, some Nas and Jay-Z fans go way overboard but that's how it is I guess.

Nigga, did you see Menace when I said that??

He gave me a no-sign and thought I was crazy.
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them niggas just get on the beat to talk shit, they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

joeyfkncrakk
    I consider Eazy like Birdman them niggas just get on the beat to talk shit, they aren't rappers for real even if they have a good verse here or there (which they more than likely didn't write). That's cool sometime if you in the mood for it

I personally like Birdman and I can acknowledge that he can't rap.

Birdman knows he can't rap but if you say the same about Eazy-E

Nigga will give the 'stank face'.
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »

I listen to eazy becuz that nigga was funny.. but it's common knowledge that he ain't write that shit.. doesn't take away from it for me tho

I listen to eazy becuz that nigga was funny.. but it's common knowledge that he ain't write that shit.. doesn't take away from it for me tho

Yea he was entertaining.

So, what they say about Jay is it valid???

Yea he was entertaining.

So, what they say about Jay is it valid???
    It depends on what
    Said.. I remember the article about NAS endorsing henny andd a lot of the same folks who bash jay for similar shit was giving NAS a pass cuz he broke.. I mean at least b consistent.. look at the "jay never gave kanye a shot, it was dame" argument when it's said from kanye and dame themselves that they only wanted the nigga fa his beats.. i never could get how a cat like h-rap would throw his full support to a nigga like Ross but but would write an essay with sources on how jeezy, 50, or jay's character issues.. I mean I fucks with Ross but how n the fuck do u not see this nigga's flaws??
    ohhhlaAlready Home_17
    Like about how he's Euro and he sucks after The Black Album

The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder

You know, I was listening to some old hov(blueprint 2) and the nigga does have a different mentally somewhat.. but some of its just growth as a person and some is the fact he isn't where he used to b.. if a cat say the listen to lyrics over just nodding to the beat and say thatt he wasn't spitting on kingdom come or AG then they bugging.. I think most dudes just think he's more inconsistent with his verses now.. which I agree.. I want more So Appalled type verses than 3 kings verses.. but I think he's just tryna figure out where he wants to take his music to next.. he's one of the few rappers that can experiment and not lose much fan support.. as far as hoppin on trends, I think that's bullshit cuz u can say that about any Rapper.. other than dmx cuz that nigga still wearing denim suits
    ohhhlaAlready Home_17

The reason why he was hot cuz he hops on trends and benefited from Pac/B.I.G.'s untimely murder

You know, I was listening to some old hov(blueprint 2) and the nigga does have a different mentally somewhat.. but some of its just growth as a person and some is the fact he isn't where he used to b.. if a cat say the listen to lyrics over just nodding to the beat and say thatt he wasn't spitting on kingdom come or AG then they bugging.. I think most dudes just think he's more inconsistent with his verses now.. which I agree.. I want more So Appalled type verses than 3 kings verses.. but I think he's just tryna figure out where he wants to take his music to next.. he's one of the few rappers that can experiment and not lose much fan support.. as far as hoppin on trends, I think that's bullshit cuz u can say that about any Rapper.. other than dmx cuz that nigga still wearing denim suits

Word, that's why Jay and Kane's catalog are the most entertaining

Because their charisma, flow and mic presence makes it worth while.

Kingdom Come is one of his mature albums

AG is like one of the best albums in the last decade.
    texasdaking88Already Home_17

Word, that's why Jay and Kane's catalog are the most entertaining

Because their charisma, flow and mic presence makes it worth while.

Kingdom Come is one of his mature albums

AG is like one of the best albums in the last decade.

One of my favorite thing about jay's music is he lets people in more than u think if u look for it..just look his catalog from reasonable doubt to some of his latest music and look at how his view of his father changed throughout the years..went from hating him to loving him and trying to understand y he did thee things that he did and wasn't around
    ohhhlaAlready Home_17
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Yep.

I know Nas Lost, Jay's a biter, KRITS album was a let down, Ye is an asshole, Prodigy fell off, Jeezy, Luda and TI are losing it, and Drake be actin suspect.

Thats just off top, lol.. All of my favorite artist have mad flaws. I guess the question is who stay staning the most?