What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Walt Frazier Catchin Feelings Over Heat Record

MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/39208/frazier-heat-arent-so-great

Lol

"When we [the Knicks] were the first team in 1969-70 to win 18 consecutive games, the starting five was on the bench in the fourth quarter. I mean, we were blowing teams out. Miami is not blowing teams out; they're making miraculous comebacks."

Really you were running 🤬 in an even more watered down league and only won 18 cool story bruh. Its clear walt is a biter revisionist history ass 🤬 . There have always been around 13 or 14 teams below .500 in any era weather it was the 70's or during jordans run or now. 🤬 outta here walt.
«134

Comments

  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.

    It doesn't really matter how many cities they had. They still had to make a lot of crosscountry flights. And like he pointed out, there were no team planes or anything. They were all flying coach. Pulling that three and four times a week can be heavy. On top of that, the whole three games in three nights things is rough. Modern players said as much when they had to do it because of the lockout.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess he ain't feeling that 4th quarter "postin and toastin"
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.

    It doesn't really matter how many cities they had. They still had to make a lot of crosscountry flights. And like he pointed out, there were no team planes or anything. They were all flying coach. Pulling that three and four times a week can be heavy. On top of that, the whole three games in three nights things is rough. Modern players said as much when they had to do it because of the lockout.

    how many out of conference games did they play if any? I only remember hearing about the celtics and lakers meeting most times in the finals. They weren't playing 2 or 3 times a season im guessing 1 if any. Flying from Oklahoma city to LA nowadays is futher than the average flight of any team back in the 70's. And those teams are in the same conference. I don't care if they flew coach i just feel modern travel is allot harder despite luxury because the teams were allot closer in conference than they are now.

  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.

    It doesn't really matter how many cities they had. They still had to make a lot of crosscountry flights. And like he pointed out, there were no team planes or anything. They were all flying coach. Pulling that three and four times a week can be heavy. On top of that, the whole three games in three nights things is rough. Modern players said as much when they had to do it because of the lockout.

    how many out of conference games did they play if any? I only remember hearing about the celtics and lakers meeting most times in the finals. They weren't playing 2 or 3 times a season im guessing 1 if any. Flying from Oklahoma city to LA nowadays is futher than the average flight of any team back in the 70's. And those teams are in the same conference. I don't care if they flew coach i just feel modern travel is allot harder despite luxury because the teams were allot closer in conference than they are now.

    Dog, you either just making up 🤬 or you getting your eras mixed up.

    Look at their schedule man.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1972_games.html

    They schedules required about the same amount of travel as it does now. They played 82 games and they had to play 3 away games against each Eastern conference team that year. They were jet setting just as much as teams nowadays without the luxury and condensed in a smaller amount of time.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.

    It doesn't really matter how many cities they had. They still had to make a lot of crosscountry flights. And like he pointed out, there were no team planes or anything. They were all flying coach. Pulling that three and four times a week can be heavy. On top of that, the whole three games in three nights things is rough. Modern players said as much when they had to do it because of the lockout.

    how many out of conference games did they play if any? I only remember hearing about the celtics and lakers meeting most times in the finals. They weren't playing 2 or 3 times a season im guessing 1 if any. Flying from Oklahoma city to LA nowadays is futher than the average flight of any team back in the 70's. And those teams are in the same conference. I don't care if they flew coach i just feel modern travel is allot harder despite luxury because the teams were allot closer in conference than they are now.

    Dog, you either just making up 🤬 or you getting your eras mixed up.

    Look at their schedule man.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1972_games.html

    They schedules required about the same amount of travel as it does now. They played 82 games and they had to play 3 away games against each Eastern conference team that year. They were jet setting just as much as teams nowadays without the luxury and condensed in a smaller amount of time.

    Alright so it was allot like how it is today as far as travel ill give you that. But this was pre merger era and there were some great players playing in the aba that team didn't have to face.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walt Clyde F. Baby.

    That nikka cracks me the 🤬 up. No matter what he's talkin about.

    He could narrate Roots or Schindlers List and I'd still be Rollin.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The only good argument I've heard for why the Heat's run isn't as good as some of the older run was from Oscar Robertson. He was pointing out that they played a lot more. Playing three nights in a row or 4 games in 5 days was pretty common back then. He wasn't hating on the Heat though. He actually had a lot of good things to say about them.

    I don't buy the travel because there were allot less cities to travel to and you didn't fly cross country as much. Even with planes cross country travel and overbooked venues makes it so you have weird road trips and allot of jet lag.

    And had this been the 2013 knicks on this run he would be acting allot different.

    It doesn't really matter how many cities they had. They still had to make a lot of crosscountry flights. And like he pointed out, there were no team planes or anything. They were all flying coach. Pulling that three and four times a week can be heavy. On top of that, the whole three games in three nights things is rough. Modern players said as much when they had to do it because of the lockout.

    how many out of conference games did they play if any? I only remember hearing about the celtics and lakers meeting most times in the finals. They weren't playing 2 or 3 times a season im guessing 1 if any. Flying from Oklahoma city to LA nowadays is futher than the average flight of any team back in the 70's. And those teams are in the same conference. I don't care if they flew coach i just feel modern travel is allot harder despite luxury because the teams were allot closer in conference than they are now.

    Dog, you either just making up 🤬 or you getting your eras mixed up.

    Look at their schedule man.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1972_games.html

    They schedules required about the same amount of travel as it does now. They played 82 games and they had to play 3 away games against each Eastern conference team that year. They were jet setting just as much as teams nowadays without the luxury and condensed in a smaller amount of time.

    Alright so it was allot like how it is today as far as travel ill give you that. But this was pre merger era and there were some great players playing in the aba that team didn't have to face.

    Yeah, we can all agree that the talent level was watered down back then, but come on, it really isn't that much better nowadays. More than half the teams in the league don't have any real superstar, and even some the supposed superstars are just in that role because there is no one else.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walt Clyde F. Baby.

    That nikka cracks me the 🤬 up. No matter what he's talkin about.

    He could narrate Roots or Schindlers List and I'd still be Rollin.

    Funny in its self.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them old ass teams would get washed in the league today.

    🤬 handles was mad weak.

    Them boys would look like Jeremy Lin when he faced the Heat last year.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. Handle for guards wasn't as important back then because it was more big man oriented. Their centers were better then and now, and I'd say a lot of their forwards were more skilled and had better BBall IQ though not nearly as athletic.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. Handle for guards wasn't as important back then because it was more big man oriented. Their centers were better then and now, and I'd say a lot of their forwards were more skilled and had better BBall IQ though not nearly as athletic.

    Have you watched a game from the 70's?

    Them big men would get dealt with too.

    If you can't dribble you can't play ball.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I don't know about that. Handle for guards wasn't as important back then because it was more big man oriented. Their centers were better then and now, and I'd say a lot of their forwards were more skilled and had better BBall IQ though not nearly as athletic.

    Have you watched a game from the 70's?

    Them big men would get dealt with too.

    If you can't dribble you can't play ball.

    Yes, I have, and get out of here. There are no big men now, they aren't dealing with 🤬 . And ya'll dudes need to quit exaggerating. We're talking about the 70s not the 30s. Dudes could dribble well enough to play competent basketball then. Just because they weren't spending 18 s out of every 24 s clock dribbling and going nowhere fast doesn't mean they couldn't dribble.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall 🤬 downplaying the importance of dribbleing
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Getting it out the mud Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    nga must haven't heard of pistol pete..nga had great ball-handling skills
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAnd yall downplaying the size and speed of todays players
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Getting it out the mud Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had speed..Joe and Isiah Thomas wasn't slow folk...

    Magic played pg, who in the league beside LB is playing PG at 6'9...your point now is 6'2

    Ron Harper played PG for the bulls 6'6
    Gary Payton 6'4 with defense..what PG in the league today can lock a PG up like how GP did...

    Is alot to factor in, the teams back then were too strong and skillful..every position had a player with skills

  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, the 90's don't factor into this.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Yall 🤬 downplaying the importance of dribbleing
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    AAnd yall downplaying the size and speed of todays players

    No, you're just underating players then and overating them now. You making it seem like 70s players played 🤬 basketball or something. They could dribble the ball back then, I don't know what you're talking about. No they weren't pulling crazy crossovers and all that, but they played a more fundamental style so it wasn't necessary.

    And so what the players of today have size and speed. A large portion of them are still lacking in skill and fundamentals. Why you think the old ass Spurs are still smashing on the league despite not having some of their fastest players on the court for long stretches at a time? They are just better overall basketball players. Better fundamentals > better athleticism anyday.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No there not better overall.

    Players are better shooters, ball handlers, passers and slashers.

  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR Smith > Walt
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you say so dude.