What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Hip Hop Heads Only: DJ Finesse Presents - "B.I.G. Over Premo" (Biggie/DJ Premier Tribute Mixtape)

rapmastermind
rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media AnalystNew York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
As everyone knows DJ Premier is easily one of if not The Greatest Hip Hop Producers of all time. Biggie and Premo was a match made in Hip Hop Heaven that produced 5 amazing tracks:

Unbelievable
Machine Gun Funk (DJ Premier Remix)
Kick In The Door
10 🤬 Commandments
Keep Your Hands High (Rap Phenomenon DJ Premier Remix) featuring Method Man and Redman

Well DJ Finesse with permission from Premo put together a 1 hour mix for Big's 16th Anniversary. It's amazing blend of Premo of Biggie. Check it out:

DJ-Finesse-NYC-B.I.G.-over-Dj-PREMIER-630x350.jpg

Tracklist:
01 - DJ Premier Intro
02 - Flava In Ya Ear rmx over I Gave You Power
03 - Big Poppa over Ex To Next Girl
04 - Dead Wrong over 2 Thousand
05 - 10 🤬 Commandments over One Day
06 - Who Shot Ya over Come Clean
07 - All About The Benjamins over Supa Dupa Star (1994 Demo Version)
08 - One More Chance over Recognize
09 - Long Kiss Goodnight over You Know My Steez
10 - Things Done Changed over The Format
11 - I Got A Story To Tell over 🤬 Is Real
12 - Real 🤬 over Ready
13 - Juicy over Nas Is Like
14 - One More Chance rmx over Freaky Flow
15 - Warning (Freestyle) over Mind Ya Business
16 - '95 Freestyle (7 Mac 11's) over Who Got Gunz
17 - Victory over Project Boy
18 - Kick In The Door over Come Get Me
19 - Going Back To Cali over The Invincible
20 - Mo Money Mo Problems over Golden Child
21 - Party And 🤬 over Now Your Mine
22 - Unbelievable

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's all Big and Premo's Callabos:

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Damn

this is pretty damn good!

normally when ever someone tries to mash or spit over used/old Premier beats
    it's sound very off and awkward because Premo crafts and tailor his production
    just for that particular artist he's working with at the time

but Finesse pulled it off quite lovely here with his choice in what beats to used here
    (not a easy task that's for sure,considering exactly how many dope beats Premo has)
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ work right now so I cannot listen to it, should be dope.

Will add on more once I have heard it.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he did a great job on Dead Wrong, both One More Chances, the freestyles, Kick in the Door
    a.mann wrote: »
    normally when ever someone tries to mash or spit over used/old Premier beats
    it's sound very off and awkward

man some of those Don Primo 2pac mashups are favorite pac songs for me now lol

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish this 🤬 was on DatPiff or something.. I downloaded this from SoundCloud and all I got was one 52 minute song,,
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont usally mess with mash ups, them ones do sound dope though...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish this 🤬 was on DatPiff or something.. I downloaded this from SoundCloud and all I got was one 52 minute song,,

One of my Styles P mixtape is like that.

It is so W.O.A.T.
  • DMTxTHC
    ohhhla wrote: »

It is so W.O.A.T.
    I got a feeling this is dope, but I ain't even listen to this 🤬 yet.. I'm gonna put that mixtape in the OP on road-trip status..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    *listening*

GOAT'd when I read the title...Premier and Finesse are true DJs..his blends are mad underrated.

Damn...it's like Big was meant to rap over Premo's instrumentals.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gawd damn... listened to the first minute... I'm saving this for the gym tomorrow... gawd damn...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit I'm Mad Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Before i read this, i thought it was intentional ..

Mines is still downloading though.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is so W.O.A.T.
    I got a feeling this is dope, but I ain't even listen to this 🤬 yet.. I'm gonna put that mixtape in the OP on road-trip status..

It is but the bad thing is you don't know the tracklisting.
  • DMTxTHC

It is so W.O.A.T.

It is but the bad thing is you don't know the tracklisting.
    I know Biggie's catalogue by heart, and I know a lot of Preemo's beats by heart, so I wont need like half of the tracklisting.. plus, there's nothing wrong with some surprise sometimes..
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityMembers Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I can't listen to this any other way than straight through. This is a mix that needs to played as one long 52 minute song. Finesse did an amazing job.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, this is tight. Finesse and Preemo actually make biggie listenable. In fact this should also be available in instrumental. Biggie mad repetitive.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathMembers Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @rapmastermind, I'll check it out later
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props!

if anyone gets this as a mp3 instead a wav...... let me know!
  • Cain
    Cain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Yo, this is tight. Finesse and Preemo actually make biggie listenable. In fact this should also be available in instrumental. Biggie mad repetitive.

Hahaha.... ok

Goat drop @rapmastermind
  • monolithic
    monolithic Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Listen! If Preme played executive producer for Big, His (legacy would be cemented. Even the duds of this Mix trumps some of the production of Bigs projects.

* And lord finesse... Founding member of DITC. Thanks for sharing Thread Starter.
  • rapmastermind
    monolithic wrote: »
    Listen! If Preme played executive producer for Big, His (legacy would be cemented. Even the duds of this Mix trumps some of the production of Bigs projects.

* And lord finesse... Founding member of DITC. Thanks for sharing Thread Starter.
    monolithic wrote: »

Big's Legacy is already cemented. Also what made Big great was he rapped over many different styles of production. There wouldn't be a "Hypnotize, Big Poppa or Juicy" if Preme executive produced Big albums. Big would not be as Big without those records. What Premo did produce for Big though were 3 amazing LP songs and 2 really solid remixes. As for Finesse, he did produce the original "Come On" with Sadat X but Puffy didn't want it on "Ready To Die". Then Puffy redoes the song and releases on "Born Again" but all Hip Hop heads known the original Finesse beat went way harder than the remix:

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo was bumping this all day... 🤬 is fire...
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭