What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

We got any Soundgarden fans in here?

G.AvantG.Avant The Ville where we chillPosts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in R&B & Alternatives
In my opinion Soundgarden was the best group of all the grunge artists that came out of Seattle in the late 80s/early 90s. They are also my favorite rock group of all time. Here's some of they songs I fuck with.

Outshined

Rusty Cage

Black Hole Sun

Spoonman

grumpy_new_yorker

Replies

• G.AvantG.Avant The Ville where we chillPosts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awww yeah, soundgarden is great. they put out a good album after not being together for 15 years.
  • KatKat Don't @ Me to Dumb Shit. H-TownPosts: 50,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Black Hole Sun which I love, I don't know much else about their music.
    awww yeah, soundgarden is great. they put out a good album after not being together for 15 years.

yeah i need to go ahead and check that out
  • J. WillJ. Will Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video to Black Hole Sun was so fascinating to me back in the day...
    #Starkset

201690573d9d529e6381f3f3642388a96abcc9f6.gif
    Twitter: J_Will325
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fucks with Soundgarden, HOWEVER:

ed%20roman%20guitars%20mosrite%20guitars%20alice%20in%20chains.jpg MUCH >>>>>> Soundgarden.jpg

The niggas Layne Staley an Jerry Cantrell made a whole fucking album about Layne Staley being off hairron and how fucked up his life was because of it. Soundgarden got bangers, but nothing is they (or damn near anybody else in genre of music has song as profound, stirring, and emotional as this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsucxjYnlTA

Also, Soundgarden don't have lyrics like this:

Serenity is far away
    Saw my reflection and cried, hey
    So little hope that I died, oh
    Feed me your lies, open wide, hey
    Weight of my heart, not the size, oh
    -Angry Chair

This nigga Staley's "frienddom," had gotten to the point where this nigga is talm 'bout the mere sight of himself, drove him to tears and he wants to die. As them Down South niggas would say, "Those are some trilla lyrics." The thing is I don't that shit is hyperbole, I honestly believe that one day Layne Staley ha one of WTF moments, looked at himself in the mirror an started crying. Niggas mind just don't go to a place where they come up with some shit like that unless they have or is experiencing the shit. That verse in Angry Chair one of the coldest and realest verses I've ever heard in a song.

Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    Peezy_Jenkins

ed%20roman%20guitars%20mosrite%20guitars%20alice%20in%20chains.jpg MUCH >>>>>> Soundgarden.jpg

The niggas Layne Staley an Jerry Cantrell made a whole fucking album about Layne Staley being off hairron and how fucked up his life was because of it. Soundgarden got bangers, but nothing is they (or damn near anybody else in genre of music has song as profound, stirring, and emotional as this:

Serenity is far away
    -Angry Chair

This nigga Staley's "frienddom," had gotten to the point where this nigga is talm 'bout the mere sight of himself, drove him to tears and he wants to die. As them Down South niggas would say, "Those are some trilla lyrics." The thing is I don't that shit is hyperbole, I honestly believe that one day Layne Staley ha one of WTF moments, looked at himself in the mirror an started crying. Niggas mind just don't go to a place where they come up with some shit like that unless they have or is experiencing the shit. That verse in Angry Chair one of the coldest and realest verses I've ever heard in a song.

Alice in Chains is dope too, but they not on Soundgarden level.
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G.Avant wrote: »

Serenity is far away
    -Angry Chair

Alice in Chains is dope too, but they not on Soundgarden level.

Alice in Chains Soundgarden is dope too, but they not on Soundgarden Alice in Chains level.

I fixed that for you
    Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    CeLLaR-DooR
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *appreciates*

even though the melvins and mudhoney were my favorite grunge bands, soundgarden was dope nonetheless
    tumblr_lrxxy1qkwP1qdmfbco1_500.jpg

Fetch.jpg
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i messed with soundgarden casually, but alice in chains is one of my favorite music groups of any genre, it was almost like i was emotionally attached to the music and related to layne, even tho i didnt relate lol

but black hole sun is a classic to me, i also mess with rusty cage, Jesus Christ Pose, outshined, etc
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of the GOATS from the Grunge era

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence
    But I can't feed on the powerless when my cup's already overfilled
    But it's on the table

TomBradyFiredUp_original.gif?1355198489
    rage wrote: »
    Two of the GOATS from the Grunge era

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence
    But I can't feed on the powerless when my cup's already overfilled
    But it's on the table

Yeah this is that fire right here. Pearl Jam is my second favorite grunge group, Vedder voice was crazy.
    i messed with soundgarden casually, but alice in chains is one of my favorite music groups of any genre, it was almost like i was emotionally attached to the music and related to layne, even tho i didnt relate lol

but black hole sun is a classic to me, i also mess with rusty cage, Jesus Christ Pose, outshined, etc

Alice In Chains was ill

Man in the box

them bones

angry chair

• TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superunknown is one of my favorite album of all time
    G.Avant
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the greatest rock voices of all time...Chris Cornell
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg