What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

FL Studio question - do you find it naturally "bassy" or "low" ?

LUClEN
LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone elseMembers Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed that when I am doing my eq and mixing in FL I always crank up my high end frequencies. I never had to do that when using logic or reason, not as much as least.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    using headphones or monitors?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Headphones...

that my be why. I need to get off my cheap ass and buy some monitors
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Headphones...

that my be why. I need to get off my cheap ass and buy some monitors

most likely.

You need monitors in your life... Or better headphones. I'm running Audio Technica M40fs headphones and they're damned good. My mixes come out nearly perfect on them.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ATH-M50's

It's not that my mixes are coming out completely bad, but compared to reason I am always cranking my high end up in FL studio.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant The Ville where we chillMembers, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah it depends on the type of headphones or speakers you using to how the mix comes out
  • konceptjones
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I have ATH-M50's

It's not that my mixes are coming out completely bad, but compared to reason I am always cranking my high end up in FL studio.

are you using the exact same samples (i.e. drum samples)? Best way to test it is to load up the same samples and A-B compare them.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any monitors y'all recommend, i def need to invest

i actually experience the opposite, i always boost my lows
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    ...low. I always had issues with bass
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to make sure you have a good sounding room though if you get monitors.

You'll probably need to do some sound treatment on the room if you're serious.
  • rangusroon
    rangusroon Members Posts: 3
    I use Fruity and have never had this problem, if anything my tracks are too bright. I work in a small room so thats why!
  • 30 Hertz & Meltrikz
    30 Hertz & Meltrikz Members Posts: 6
    For bassy music, you need big speakers or an extra subwoofer to hear that lower sounds, an freq. analyzer like PAZ from Waves too, to check the Peaks.
    A acoustic coordinated room for a linear frequency is always good for mixing your music.
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    any monitors y'all recommend, i def need to invest

i actually experience the opposite, i always boost my lows

I use Focal CMS 65. I get good results from them in my room.
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    where can i download fl studio for free?
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Only finger I point is the middle one in the air! Fortress of Solitude Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where can i download fl studio for free?

http://www.image-line.com/flstudio/
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    I had issues ...