What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How nice, bitchfiger stay trolling the Lakers page already knowing his team ain't 🤬
    Shut da fucc up you greaseball iranian lookin 🤬 .

bruh....

c1f44a010529bfdfe6962a0bf6b9a212.gif
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Rambis is back on staff.

Good hire, maybe I'm reading too much into this but I don't think this was D'antonis call
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote: »
    Rambis is back on staff.

Good hire, maybe I'm reading too much into this but I don't think this was D'antonis call

His days are numbered.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

BARCELONA, Spain -- With Dwight Howard gone and Kobe Bryant injured, Pau Gasol is looking to reassert himself as a leader of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Knees allowing, he wants to be the dominant player of old who helped Bryant & Co. win NBA titles in 2009 and 2010.

"I think I have the most uncertain period behind me," Gasol told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "The team has suffered a lot of changes, but as far as me, I am back in the position of a lot of responsibility, which I like, and I'm just going to focus on getting healthy."

Gasol I think I have the most uncertain period behind me. The team has suffered a lot of changes, but as far as me, I am back in the position of a lot of responsibility, which I like, and I'm just going to focus on getting healthy.
    ” -- Pau Gasol

"Now with Dwight gone I am the reference inside and I am more like I was a couple of years back when we made the Finals three straight times and won two straight championships," he added.

The Lakers are at especially difficult point, with Howard snubbing the storied club to sign with the Houston Rockets, and Bryant, its heart and soul, out indefinitely recovering from a torn Achilles tendon.

Gasol wasn't surprised by Howard's decision to leave after just one season because it was "always a possibility." He described his former teammate a "nice guy" and a "hard worker."

Gasol spoke to the AP in the Barcelona airport, where he had just returned from a trip as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador to a refugee camp established in Iraq for the thousands fleeing the violence in neighboring Syria. Gasol called attention to the shortages of water, medicine and schools in the camp that was built for 15,000 but has taken in 50,000.

Gasol said this sort of work gives balance to his life as a pro athlete and the commotion surrounding his team, especially during last season when the Lakers were swept in the first round of the playoffs after beginning the year as a title contender.

"I've made five trips to the field (with UNICEF) and seen all kinds of different things and people suffering a lot of different situations," Gasol said. "Obviously, it puts things in perspective, and all the other things I might deal with my team or with my profession are much less important or meaningful than the lives of people that are on the line every day."

In September, Pau and brother Marc Gasol, a center for the Memphis Grizzlies, will be launching the "Gasol Foundation," which is focused on children's health.

Despite the loss of Howard, Bryant's injury and a disappointing year, the Lakers are not overhauling the team. Instead, they seem prepared to wait for Bryant to get healthy and go for another run with him and Gasol as their pillars.

The Lakers did waive Metta World Peace, but they signed Nick Young, Jordan Farmar and Wesley Johnson and Chris Kaman.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Lakers Index. Blog

Yet even with Howard off to Texas, there are still two factors that will play an important role in whether Gasol can return to peak form at age 33 and entering his 13th season in the league: his health and his coach.

Gasol had surgery followed by stem cell treatment on both knees in May. He said that after resting for most of this summer he is increasing the intensity of his rehab.

"These next two months are the key months to find out how they really are," he said, adding that he wasn't in pain.

And while Gasol wants to again be the Lakers' second scorer after Bryant, he still hasn't heard if coach Mike D'Antoni agrees.

The Spaniard said that he had spoken to Bryant, point guard Steve Nash, and general manager Mitch Kupchak about the team after Howard decided to leave, but he has yet to speak to D'Antoni.

Gasol had a rough first season with the former Suns and Knicks coach and lost his guaranteed starter's job. Nevertheless, Gasol is looking forward to this season.

D'Antoni "had a tough position, I had a tough position," Gasol said. "I had a job to do, he had a job to do, so there really is no mystery. I know he had challenges. It was a very challenging season. Next season is a different one and a new chapter. So we'll start out fresh and do our best."

A career scorer of 18-plus points a game, Gasol had his worst scoring season in 2012-13, averaging 13.7. Now the four-time All Star is aiming to bounce back.

"I have a great motivation," he said. "It's the last year of my contract so I want to get back to being one of the top players in the league."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9522162/self-confident-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-envisions-resurgence

A confident Pau = A great Pau = a better laker squad

Here's to him walking the walk
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally expect a renaissance year from PG16, a true champion unlike that goof who walked to HOU
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2013
    Crazy how online so many Lakers fans are now placing a great deal of hope in the same guy that many wanted traded for the last 3 seasons.

I've been a Pau supporter since day 1 and got crucified for it when I didn't want to see him traded just "because he is soft"...now look.

Need to come clean with yourselves and admit that we are shooting for a 5-6 seed this year at best probably. We aren't contenders and aren't going to be this season. The logical hope now lies in next offseason where we can hope to land a new franchise player.

Dude..... 🤬 already!

I don't know why 🤬 fans from historical losing organizations keep trying to convey to us how we feel about our team... speak for ur fkn self, I definitely never wanted to ever part with Pau and every1 was damn excited to have kept him when we got Dwight.. Pau gets a lot of gripe but you have never heard of any true Laker fan say that we dont need Pau, and we love him and hopefully he gets his number retired for being a Champion in purp n gold faithfully..

Us, as laker fans, only put Pau in trade speculation because we all know he's the most valuable and only asset we possess that could bring back anything that was worth any value, we would never trade Pau for some fish sticks like Boston did to KG and PP... if we didn't want Pau so bad he would've got shipped on the next flight with L.O. a couple years ago and wouldn't be a Laker til this day... We are just blessed as an organization to have such a great backup plan at the 5, that u guys are tryna find ways for us to hate our squad... How tf u know what the standings at the end of the year will turn out huh, u Nastradaumaus now?!

The bottom of the west got a lil better but outside of Dwight to HoU no groundbreaking moves.... Dwight isn't instantly making them 10 wins greater so whatever lil scenario u think is destined to happen sit back and tune into the Lakers Network on twc and watch every game not just the highlights and media blabber... We have a damn decent squad to be as horrible as people make it to be... Nash will be Nash this year, Pau will be Pau this year, Kobe will get back to being Kobe and they will gel a whole lot better without that uncommitted guy we had last year

Besides only 1 team wins the ring so let us do us...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    You guys are forgetting that Pau said he hasn't spoken to the coach yet. Anyone who knows basketball knows if the coach isn't on board, it ain't happening. You can't flourish on a team that doesn't feature you in one way or another.

Btw y'all have to look at the situation from all angles, Pau is approaching his contract year, so he HAS to play good if he wants to get paid in the same class as he's getting paid now. IMO that's where the majority of this "new found" confidence is coming from.

... Personally, I think Pau is finished and this whole loyalty thing is going to hurt the Lakers. At the end of the day, it's a business. Yeah, you helped with 2 rings, but now you're wack, so bye. It's just that simple.

"The game stays the same, the names change..."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stance on Pau has been very public..

since 2010 hes been garbage .. i think alot to do with it was mentally.. of course he had physical issues but his bitchassness was apparent.. Ill know fairly quickly what type of Pau will be present this season. Defensive issues aside its all about his demeanor/confidence/aggression....

i expect career averages this season and more impactful play because his midrange went in the trash the last couple of years.. and hes a far better shooter than he has recently shown..

CONFIDENCE
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely a point after the failed Chris Paul trade that it would have made the most basketball sense to trade Pau especially with his poor and inconsistent play over the past 3 years. When we had Andrew Bynum, if we had another legitimate player who showed up to play every night we could probably have another ship. Lol @ acting like it was a stupid idea to trade a 19 million dollar player averaging 14 and 10 for the greatest team in league history.... Revisionist history.
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2013
    i didnt read all that imma be honest but its funny how LAKER FANS.. have to appeal to other fans and not be such a laker fan...
  • buttuh_b
    I don't know how you could be a Laker fan not ready to pull your hair out over Pau's play the past couple years.

What is logic? We all know Pau ain't going no where this year but how was it not logical to at least explore trades for younger more athletic players when Pau wasn't playing up to par? What am I missing?? What has he done to bring us close to a championship over the past couple years?
  • buttuh_b
    I don't know how you could be a Laker fan not ready to pull your hair out over Pau's play the past couple years.

What is logic? We all know Pau ain't going no where this year but how was it not logical to at least explore trades for younger more athletic players when Pau wasn't playing up to par? What am I missing?? What has he done to bring us close to a championship over the past couple years?

Pau's upside was much better than anything we would have gotten for him. Show me where the Lakers were close to getting somebody worthwhile for Pau after the CP3 fiasco. I'm sure everyone will be back on his 🤬 again this year anyways since he'll likely produce, Nash and Kobe have both been very vocal about their optimism with Pau this year so that's enough of an ego boost compared to last season.

We heard all types of names that addressed needs from Rondo to Josh Smith to Kevin Love who all would have helped us out at the time. We didn't get a good enough offer and Kobe has pull I guess and that's why he never got traded.

🤬 your upside b. show me something on the court. But don't get me wrong, I have high expectations for Pau this year. I was vocal about putting Pau on the block in the past when it felt necessary.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2013

Pau's upside was much better than anything we would have gotten for him. Show me where the Lakers were close to getting somebody worthwhile for Pau after the CP3 fiasco. I'm sure everyone will be back on his 🤬 again this year anyways since he'll likely produce, Nash and Kobe have both been very vocal about their optimism with Pau this year so that's enough of an ego boost compared to last season.

We heard all types of names that addressed needs from Rondo to Josh Smith to Kevin Love who all would have helped us out at the time. We didn't get a good enough offer and Kobe has pull I guess and that's why he never got traded.

🤬 your upside b. show me something on the court. But don't get me wrong, I have high expectations for Pau this year. I was vocal about putting Pau on the block in the past when it felt necessary.

cant believe he said upside though.. "upside" is for UPSTARTS
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

VICE PRESIDENT of the Pau fan club..... I see u bro, keep fighting the good fight....

fist-shake-pound-hand-shake-fist-pound-congrat-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-165.gif
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout You Bitch You Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a diss lo key but thought no that's his shooting percentage Lol smh
  • northside7
    I thought it was age, how many games he will play and FT percentage

Only 50 games? Ghtfoh
  • northside7
    northside7 wrote: »
    I thought it was age, how many games he will play and FT percentage

Only 50 games? Ghtfoh

Guess how many games he played last season...guess...

The same number. Ghtfoh
  • joeyfkncrakk
    The ruptured Achilles’ tendon suffered by Kobe Bryant on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors ended the star’s incredible late-season run. The initial recovery timetable was set at six to nine months. However, recent reports suggest he may be ready to return for not just the start of the 2013-14 regular season, but as early as training camp. While on tour in China, he said the surgery performed was innovative and thus his recovery has been unique. “The surgical procedure was different […] and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said in the southern city of Shenzhen. “The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we’ve shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that’s different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all.”’
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Beware of Mamba
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Young_Chitlin
    Kobe in China

tumblr_mr2h45YR3T1sdrjtmo1_1280.jpg
  • playmaker88
    Kobe is the biggest international athlete ,non footballer in the world hes been ingratiating himself with the Asian market since1998 i believe
  • DaBull
    DaBull It's a Movement Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most nationally televised games again. it's a reason the lake show causes feelings across fan bases LOL
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited August 2013
    Kobe is a living legend a la Jay Z
This discussion has been closed.