What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Missy Elliot vs Queen Latifah?

Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOTMembers, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
edited May 2013 in The Reason
Who u got?

Honestly the only two female mc's I respect. Both had no sexual appeal whatsoever and would not smash even with beer googles. But they managed to become icons in hip hop

Missy has the goat videos tho.

Honorable mentions: mc lyte and yo-yo

Missy Elliot vs Queen Latifah? 45 votes

Missy Elliot
57%
eternal soldierdwade206georgia boialmighty breezeinfamous114antoseegnillerthekidGhostdenithegawdStewnohiphop1unspoken_respectKINGECBDBIID_Menace_Billy_PonchoFyHunnitJabu_Rulepurpngold32DaysOfInfinititrilladelic 26 votes
Queen Latifah
42%
real_hh_repscrapper1soul rattlerthemadlionsfanking hassanCymicaldaneilledoutIbexgrumpy_new_yorkerCigarello SlimYamoleySenseiMrCrookedLetterangrymanincEar2DaStOGClarenceBoddickerRahlowMeta_ConsciousSolitary Soldiersoulbrother 19 votes

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missy Elliot
    ima take missy
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missy Elliot
    Queen Latifah gets my respect, but Missy Elliott has this strictly off longevity. Missy Elliott had an eight year run of releasing four critically acclaimed albums, five of them went platinum, and one of them went gold. Missy's not lyrically gifted as a rapper (nice when she's writing R&B songs though), but she's held her own creatively by pushing the envelope not just with her music, but with her videos. Missy's run 1997-2005 >>>>> any other female rapper. Every other female rapper, either quit after one monster year (Lauryn) or they tappered off after album #3 (if they made it that far).
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Missy Elliot
    Missy's the greatest female rapper ever imo, her and Timbo ran 🤬 for a good minute. Plus her videos >>>>>>>
  • Trollio
    Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good lawd
    Thought this was a face off smash thread
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    Queen La gets my vote, and the only time I wanted to smash was during her Living Single days before the breast reduction. With Missy, yeah the fat ugly 🤬 was creative with her music and vids but at the same time her videos were more appealing than her music. Personally she should've stuck with being a crooner than a rapper because her rhymes were wack as 🤬 and Queen Latifah would lambast her ass effortlessly when it came to trading bars. By the way, "Black hand side" >>>any Missy track you fools can think of.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaMembers Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Missy Elliot
    Missy and Timbo set it off. yeah, i did that
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    Latifah!..
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    🤬 I meant Missy
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missy Elliot
    Missy
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    Missy was more creative, but she ain't 🤬 with no production. Her rhymes became more and more embarassing with each and following year. Latifah at least retained the class of her rhymes and All Hail The QUeen is undisputed hip-hop classic that pioneered all these hoes. Latifah can sing too.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Queen Latifah
    Missy Elliot was a gimmick..
    she never made serious or socially conscious songs..

Missy is a great entertainer,
    but Latifah would have rapped circles around that girl..

Queen Latifah..

U.N.I.T.Y.

Just anther day..

Queen Latifah free styling on Yo MTV Raps back in "89"

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    bump..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Missy Elliot
    I probably should have voted for the Queen. In all honesty, Missy made more quality songs that i enjoyed but the Queen had more impact and success overall as an artist. When we talk art, we talk music and film. As an MC and a Singer, she's better then Missy. Then you have her stellar acting career which when looking a trappers turned actors, she's top three in the middle of Will Smith and Mos Def (or Tupac). Queen Latifah was down with the Native Tongues and put Naughty by Nature on. She also went toe to toe with MC Light.. Still with all that said, i check for Missy Elliot and her ABC raps because as an artist, she was more crafty and musical sort of like a James Brown whom did songs full of adlibs in his later career.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tought call.. Missy was just ill and creative.. her videos were off the hook..

Queen was raw with mic skills and she had some conscious records
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Legalize Never Criticize Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    illedout wrote: »

Missy is a great entertainer,
    but Latifah would have rapped circles around that girl..

Queen Latifah..

U.N.I.T.Y.

Just anther day..

Queen Latifah free styling on Yo MTV Raps back in "89"

This.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    illedout wrote: »

False. "Wake Up" featuring Jay-Z is her biggest socially conscious song.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    based strictly off music and skills.....Queen and it wasn't even close....
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Apache ghost-write a lot of Latifah's 🤬 ? If so, talent-wise u might hav to give it to Missy. But they both got dope songs.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit I'm Mad Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missy Elliot
    All day everyday.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother LORD WRECKA Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    career wise...Latifah got her beat....movies, TV show, mabeline model...etc,etc,etc...

Lyrically...Latifah murders Missy Elliot

And whowouldifuckfirst.....Latifah would still get it with those tig-o-bitties//

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentMembers Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    1. Missy is not an MC
    2. 🤬 out of here with this blasphemous dope fiend thread...
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missy Elliot
    me im supa fly, supa dupa high..

missy gotta be top 3 on entertainment value alone

respect to king tif
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    Voted for Latifah on the strength of UNITY and that vicious Foxy Brown diss record.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaMembers Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Latifah
    Come on bruh