What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Students in Florida Forced To Take Iris Scans

Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too.Posts: 61,591 Regulator
Students in Florida Forced To Take Iris Scans
179765_384753721635182_1114209735_n.jpg
Florida parents are right to be outraged at the outrageous privacy violations that took place late last week in at least 3 Polk County, Florida schools.
I just got off the phone with Rob Davis, senior director of support services for the district, who confirmed to me what Florida education activists blew the whistle on here: Students were indeed subjected to iris scans without their parents’ permission.

Daniel Jenkins Academy – high school
Bephune Academy – elementary school
Davenport School of the Arts – middle school.

Davis told me that “it is a mistake on our part” that a notification letter to parents did not go out on May 17. He blamed a secretary who had a “medical emergency.” Instead of verifying that parents received the letter and ensuring that any families who wanted to opt out had a chance to so, the schools allowed officials from Stanley Convergent Security Solutions to take iris scans of an unknown number of students as part of a “pilot” security program for students who take the bus to the three above-named schools.

Davis told me those unauthorized scans took place on May 22 and May 23 last week, right before the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Schools were notified that Stanley was coming. But not parents.
In addition, the district had planned to conduct a pilot scan program with another security company, Blinkspot. Students who ride seventeen school buses were planned to be a part of the scanning regime.
Davis says all of the data has been destroyed.

So has the trust parents have in these negligent educrats violating family privacy in the name of “safety.”
Davis says the district’s superintendent and attorney met on Tuesday. Lawyering up is probably a good idea.
The vigilant parent who blew the whistle on Facebook writes:
have been in touch with the principal at my son’s school this morning regarding the iris scans. She verified everything my son told me, she says the scans were completed on May 22. She said that she was following instructions from the Polk County School Board (PCSB), and that she knew very little, if anything, about this before it occurred, she just did as she was told. She gave me the name and number for her two contacts at the PCSB whom she said were pulling these strings on this “security pilot program”.

By the time we were able to make a phone call to PCSB (a time span of about 1 hour), the secretary told us that this pilot program had been suspended. When we did get a return call from one contact, she reiterated that the program has been suspended, like this should appease us. My husband continued to ask where our son’s private scans were, and she said the company was instructed to destroy the information. When we asked how do we know this has happened, there was no answer.
It is interesting that this letter went home on Friday afternoon at 3pm. Like I told you originally, everyone was gone by 4pm when I tried to make calls. So when exactly did this program get suspended? As of Friday afternoon, it was still in effect. Are they trying to say that somehow it was suspended by Tuesday morning (Monday being a holiday)? It seems like they are mostly focused on this program, like the program was the problem. It’s not, it’s the invasion of my family’s Constitutional right to privacy that is the problem, as well as the school allowing a private company access to my child without my consent or permission. This is stolen information, and we cannot retrieve it.

This is of a piece with the threat that the federalized Common Core student databases pose to students and families. See my reporting on that here.

If you see something, say something.

Remember: BOLO is our watchword now.
if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
King Of The Onomatopoeia

Replies

• bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in before @vibe doesnt see a problem with this
    VIBEBussy_Getta
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to scan their hoes minds and see what's making them mess with little boys.
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
    Young Stef
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,495 Regulator
    I had to take an iris scan for a bldg here in Charlotte smh. I was working for a company that need access to the telecommunications room they wouldn't let me in there without one. I tried to fight that shit but they wouldn't budge on it.
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
  • DOC H0LL!DAYDOC H0LL!DAY Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
  • FourEfilFourEfil Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scust
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FourEfil wrote: »
    Iris scans?

Yeah, I'm gonna have to google that because I've never heard of it either.

deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete

MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12

deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.

Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

Fuck off.
    June 12

deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

You should learn to exercise more discretion.

You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete

Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

deadeye
    Indeed she did.

Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

Type me another one pops.
    June 12

deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

Smarten up Kathryn.

If anyone caught feelings it's you.

This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete

0idvkbvn43de.jpg

@deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

Fuck your entire existence.

You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

@Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

Peace
    [Deleted User]
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It begins niggas.... ;))
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

• KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn niggas gonna be getting next set of eyes like tom cruise in minority report. Da fuck is going on.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't.
  • OhMarsOhMars أرسل لي الصور من ثدييك Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the NWO (no wwf)
  • EtherealAmotekunEtherealAmotekun Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »

I don't.

I know you're white so I automatically don't give a fuck, but the secondhand embarassment from witnessing you being such a fuck nigga is cringe worthy.

tumblr_mo5nohwiEs1qk3jvko1_400.gif
    bankrupt ballerKingFreeman
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't.

I know you're white so I automatically don't give a fuck, but the secondhand embarassment from witnessing you being such a fuck nigga is cringe worthy.

Tell me more about how you feel. I'm here. nh
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ them tricking little kids into doing that shit by saying they're giving them an EyeSwipe Nano.

I'm surprised they didn't put an Apple logo on that shit.
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    That's better than "Penis Inspection Day" at school.nh
    OGQ6z.png

JFr8A.png

u9Yaliu.jpg

Gx8PaP0.jpg
  • cobblandcobbland "Shorty": Belly (1998) Chicago...Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premature iris scanning stops Florida school district school bus safety system
    By Adam Vrankulj

June 17, 2013 -

A flurry of confusion around parental consent and the completion of a contract has prevented Stanley Convergent Security Solutions from deploying an iris-scanning pilot project for the Polk County School District in Florida.

Specifically, the county district was looking to contract Stanley to install a system which scanned the irises of school children while getting on or off of school buses, following the trial of two other systems: one based on fingerprint scans and the other, RFID chip cards.

According to a report in TheLedger.com, by the time parents were notified of the pilot project, nearly 1,000 children’s irises had already been scanned by Stanley, though the company has told the district that the collected biometric data has since been deleted. This hasn’t been enough for some of the district’s parents who fear that nothing can be fully deleted.

As a result of the parental concern, the school district is no longer considering a biometric system.

Last year, BlinkSpot, in conjunction with 3M Cogent, launched its own iris-scanning system to track children on school buses.

In addition, Fujitsu Frontech North America, with T&W Operations launched Kidtrack, a palm vein-based access control system for school buses.

With many applications for schools, biometric systems are attractive to administrators, though have proven themselves problematic with many parents, concerned for the privacy of their children’s biometric information.

BiometricUpdate.com recently investigated the debate around biometrics in schools, in particular, for cafeteria payment systems.

Reported previously, starting in September 2013, schools in England will be banned from collection students’ biometric data without parental consent.

According to the Department of Education, 30 percent of secondary schools and five percent of primary schools in the country use fingerprinting or facial recognition to record attendance, enable students to borrow library books, pay for lunch of access certain buildings within school systems.

http://www.biometricupdate.com/201306/premature-iris-scanning-stops-florida-school-district-school-bus-safety-system/
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Bong WaterBong Water Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    RFID tags courtesy of big brother, wtf is Florida like the governments proving ground for some fucked up secret experiments? Don't get me wrong Florida, no hate, but DAYUM!!!
  • ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't.
    I bet you're the kinda person who if abducted by aliens, would say,"Whatever, probe me, I don't care. I just showered so its all good. i got nothing to hide back there."

Or the kinda person who if captured by Nazis back in the 1940's, would say, "Put me in the oven, it's all good. Matter of fact, let me bring this cookie dough with me so i can eat. I've been nothing but skin/bones since getting here."

Or you would be at the Stark/Fray wedding and would say, "Damn, gutting that pregnant chick isn't cool, but whatever. After you kill that Mother Stark bitch, can I roll out since I'm like the only Black person on this damn TV show?"

• Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭