What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Gambit Vs Nightwing

2»

Comments

  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Why don't you think Cap would beat Batman. From a skill stand point, they are likely equal, and Cap has better physical capabilities. I'd say Cap is on part and very similar to Deathstroke, and Deathstroke has whooped Batman's ass on more than one occasion.

    Agreed, they have the same hand to hand skills but it 🤬 down to Gadgets/dudes a genius VS Vibranium shield which gives bats the upperhand. Gambit has the upperhand on both with agility and kinetic energy though. I don't go off on some of these battles with comics because a majority of it is favoritism. Cap has beat people that realistically could whip his ass but the American hero always wins like John Cena.

    The only reason why deathstroke wins against bats is cause he's a meta human, that only gives him a slight upper edge but hand to hand combat bat is gonna win.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    Why don't you think Cap would beat Batman. From a skill stand point, they are likely equal, and Cap has better physical capabilities. I'd say Cap is on part and very similar to Deathstroke, and Deathstroke has whooped Batman's ass on more than one occasion.

    Agreed, they have the same hand to hand skills but it 🤬 down to Gadgets/dudes a genius VS Vibranium shield which gives bats the upperhand. Gambit has the upperhand on both with agility and kinetic energy though. I don't go off on some of these battles with comics because a majority of it is favoritism. Cap has beat people that realistically could whip his ass but the American hero always wins like John Cena.

    The only reason why deathstroke wins against bats is cause he's a meta human, that only gives him a slight upper edge but hand to hand combat bat is gonna win.

    That's the point though. In DC, Cap would be considered a metahuman too. He and Deathstroke are basically the same thing, human created super soldiers.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    Why don't you think Cap would beat Batman. From a skill stand point, they are likely equal, and Cap has better physical capabilities. I'd say Cap is on part and very similar to Deathstroke, and Deathstroke has whooped Batman's ass on more than one occasion.

    Agreed, they have the same hand to hand skills but it 🤬 down to Gadgets/dudes a genius VS Vibranium shield which gives bats the upperhand. Gambit has the upperhand on both with agility and kinetic energy though. I don't go off on some of these battles with comics because a majority of it is favoritism. Cap has beat people that realistically could whip his ass but the American hero always wins like John Cena.

    The only reason why deathstroke wins against bats is cause he's a meta human, that only gives him a slight upper edge but hand to hand combat bat is gonna win.

    Cap's shield is stronger than Vibranium. It's stronger than Adamantium...Admantium, which is what Wolverine's bones are laced in, was created as a by product from scientists trying to replicate the metal in Cap's shield. And now Caps' shield is even stronger having been enhanced by dwarfs and laced with uru. oh and Cap is also superhuman
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    ALl depends on prep really.

    Out and out - its easily gambit - but that fight scale starts to tick in nightwings direction the longer he knows about the fight in advance.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cap would beat bats in hand to hand...butif bats has gadgets cap will be hard pressed
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Part of the reason I grown to dislike Marvel is how ridiculously overpowered there characters are to the point of corniness.

    You can't be serious. DC is the one generally regarded as having the more overpowered characters while Marvel goes for more realism. They both have characters of all power levels, but Marvel's most notable characters are generally on a lower power level than DC's.



    And yes, that video did suck. Win or lose the portrayal of Gambit, his fighting style, and his behavior were terrible.

    I disagree big time with that statement...many of the heroes from the Batman family are regular human beings but are considered worthy heroes. IF we looked at realism none of them would be 🤬 in the Marvel Universe and be killed easily including the Gawd Batman. When a B/C list characters like Black Panther and/or Luke Cage powers and abilities would make them 🤬 level heroes in the DC universe..IMO u have more lower level heroes and villians in the Marvel Universe that would be running 🤬 in DC based on there power/ability than you would have DC characters doing the same in the Marvel Universe.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What street level person in marvel can go and wreck shop in dc?
    Luke cage is just another super strong 🤬 among a sea of super strong 🤬 .
    panther would run 🤬 because he is a superior form of batman, especially with the recent upgrade.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Part of the reason I grown to dislike Marvel is how ridiculously overpowered there characters are to the point of corniness.

    You can't be serious. DC is the one generally regarded as having the more overpowered characters while Marvel goes for more realism. They both have characters of all power levels, but Marvel's most notable characters are generally on a lower power level than DC's.



    And yes, that video did suck. Win or lose the portrayal of Gambit, his fighting style, and his behavior were terrible.

    I disagree big time with that statement...many of the heroes from the Batman family are regular human beings but are considered worthy heroes. IF we looked at realism none of them would be 🤬 in the Marvel Universe and be killed easily including the Gawd Batman. When a B/C list characters like Black Panther and/or Luke Cage powers and abilities would make them 🤬 level heroes in the DC universe..IMO u have more lower level heroes and villians in the Marvel Universe that would be running 🤬 in DC based on there power/ability than you would have DC characters doing the same in the Marvel Universe.

    Marvel and DC both have street level, mid-tier and top tier characters..they're pretty much the same. DC relies more on physical feats though, while Marvel relies more on storytelling, or at least they used to. The Batfamily are regular folks indeed, but so are many street level folks in Marvel. BP is enhanced, like Deathstroke, before he was upgraded to mid-tier. Luke Cage is mid-tier as well.. You have folks like MoonKnight, Hawkeye, Black Widow before getting the supersoldier treatmeant, Elecktra, Daredevil (to an extent), Nick Fury, Batroc, Shang Chi, Taskmaster, Punisher and others who are just regular joes. Batman would fit in just fine in Marvel. He wouldn't be on Cap's level like some seem to think but he would be on par with Daredevil who is right behind Cap and T'challa
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    ALl depends on prep really.

    Out and out - its easily gambit - but that fight scale starts to tick in nightwings direction the longer he knows about the fight in advance.
    not really..if they both have prep, the results will be the same
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta believe Bat Family people are wayyyyy better strategists.

    Love Gambit but you know Nightwing going be well studied.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ this guy not seeing the error in his logic. Right now we are comparing Nightwing, who is basically a second rate Bat, who himself has no powers at all to a guy who has the abilities to supercharge himself to give himself superhuman agility and charge objects to make pretty much anything an explosive.

    You're trying to tell me that DC has the weaker cast because there is a group of unpowered heroes that wreck shop, but you're looking right past the fact that some how those normal humans in DC are comparable to super powered characters in Marvel. Hell, I've seen people make the argument that Batman could beat Spiderman in a fight. If you really think the Universe that produces a normal human that can arguably hang with a guy who is a genius, has a precognitive ability, extreme agility, and 25+ ton strength is weak, something is wrong with you.

    The fact is everyone knows that Marvel tends to put more emphasis on its lower level characters where DC focuses more on its heavy hitters. Who are the most well known Marvel characters? Spiderman, Ironman, X-men, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Hulk, and maybe Thor. Out of that group, only Hulk and Thor are really heavy hitters. Meaning that level of power is not really the concentration in Marvel. Now who are the most well known DC heroes? Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, the Bat family, and maybe someone like Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel. The only people in that group that aren't capable of some ridiculous feats are the Bat family. In other words, it's the exact opposit.

    I'm not saying one universe is more powerful than the other, but in one, the primary icon has done crazy things like juggle planets and sneeze away galaxies and in the other the best known character can swing between buildings and make clever quips while fighting.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    lol @ this guy not seeing the error in his logic. Right now we are comparing Nightwing, who is basically a second rate Bat, who himself has no powers at all to a guy who has the abilities to supercharge himself to give himself superhuman agility and charge objects to make pretty much anything an explosive.

    You're trying to tell me that DC has the weaker cast because there is a group of unpowered heroes that wreck shop, but you're looking right past the fact that some how those normal humans in DC are comparable to super powered characters in Marvel. Hell, I've seen people make the argument that Batman could beat Spiderman in a fight. If you really think the Universe that produces a normal human that can arguably hang with a guy who is a genius, has a precognitive ability, extreme agility, and 25+ ton strength is weak, something is wrong with you.

    The fact is everyone knows that Marvel tends to put more emphasis on its lower level characters where DC focuses more on its heavy hitters. Who are the most well known Marvel characters? Spiderman, Ironman, X-men, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Hulk, and maybe Thor. Out of that group, only Hulk and Thor are really heavy hitters. Meaning that level of power is not really the concentration in Marvel. Now who are the most well known DC heroes? Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, the Bat family, and maybe someone like Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel. The only people in that group that aren't capable of some ridiculous feats are the Bat family. In other words, it's the exact opposit.

    I'm not saying one universe is more powerful than the other, but in one, the primary icon has done crazy things like juggle planets and sneeze away galaxies and in the other the best known character can swing between buildings and make clever quips while fighting.





    agree 100%. I think one of the problems is a lot of people have hyped up Batman's prep time to the point where it is a super power.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC KING Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fight should actually be more even then some of y'all think
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gambit... would wipe the floor wit him..

    not saying he is weak but come on now..