What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

"I Fear I May Have Integrated My People Into a Burning House" - Martin Luther King Jr.

1235711

Comments

  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    zombie wrote: »
    what the 🤬 is your point again? mal x did not want integration before or after mecca, after his trip he became ok with the idea of different people working together on certain issues but that is a far cry from wanting an integrated society.
    see what The Lonious Monk said.

    but you know what my ACTUAL point has been? you and i both don't know where Malcolm was headed because someone 🤬 KILLED him, but he was clearly moving in a direction away from the NOI's stance on racial integration and getting involved in social issues. this, quite frankly, makes it more likely he was headed toward integration of whatever sort... and this is why you're arguing hard to simply not apply the "integration" label
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    what the 🤬 is your point again? mal x did not want integration before or after mecca, after his trip he became ok with the idea of different people working together on certain issues but that is a far cry from wanting an integrated society.
    see what The Lonious Monk said.

    but you know what my ACTUAL point has been? you and i both don't know where Malcolm was headed because someone 🤬 KILLED him, but he was clearly moving in a direction away from the NOI's stance on racial integration and getting involved in social issues. this, quite frankly, makes it more likely he was headed toward integration of whatever sort... and this is why you're arguing hard to simply not apply the "integration" label

    Lonious monk is deluded and before mal x died he said this



    so stop it, the man was not headed toward social integration only movement integration meaning like i said he was willing to work with other people to accomplish his goals but those goals were not social integration because he did not think white people in north america could accept it without implementing some of the principles of islam. the man wanted alliances not integration.

    You are spreading lies
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.

    You clearly don't understand the African American psyche. Most African Americans DO NOT believe we are equal or have the same power. Most African Americans most certainly DO NOT trust and believe in the nation. Most of the people I went to high school with never did 🤬 with their lives. You know why? Because they believed everything was against them and that there was no point in trying because the white man would just hold them down. As a matter of fact, that's why so many foreign black people do so much better than domestically raised black people. Because no matter how bad you think racism is in America, you still come in here believing that you can achieve. A vast majority of black people in this country don't even believe it's possible. I used to work with kids in this Big Brother type program, and you wouldn't believed how shocked most of them were when I took them to this upper middle class black neighborhood. This was like 2009 and these kids didn't even believe that black people could really live like that in America.

    And lol @ the idea that the Jewish community isn't integrated. You're talking about a group that is basically tied into every major industry and cultural outlet there is in America. Hell, no group is as integrated into the fiber of America as the Jews. The last thing they'd ever want is for this country to fall. And I think it's you who has what integration is confused. Integration doesn't mean you give up your culture and assimilate into Americana to the point that there is nothing of what you were left. Integration just means that you have the ability to take part in all America has to offer, and you want be denied whatever you want simply because of your race. Now clearly we know that isn't the case in reality. However, if I got to work around a bunch of white people, make my money from a white owned business, eat at a table with white people, use the same bathroom as white people, etc... I'm integrated into American society. That doesn't mean that I can't use that money I make to invest into black neighborhoods and use my free time to volunteer for organizations that help the black community.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.

    You clearly don't understand the African American psyche. Most African Americans DO NOT believe we are equal or have the same power. Most African Americans most certainly DO NOT trust and believe in the nation. Most of the people I went to high school with never did 🤬 with their lives. You know why? Because they believed everything was against them and that there was no point in trying because the white man would just hold them down. As a matter of fact, that's why so many foreign black people do so much better than domestically raised black people. Because no matter how bad you think racism is in America, you still come in here believing that you can achieve. A vast majority of black people in this country don't even believe it's possible. I used to work with kids in this Big Brother type program, and you wouldn't believed how shocked most of them were when I took them to this upper middle class black neighborhood. This was like 2009 and these kids didn't even believe that black people could really live like that in America.

    And lol @ the idea that the Jewish community isn't integrated. You're talking about a group that is basically tied into every major industry and cultural outlet there is in America. Hell, no group is as integrated into the fiber of America as the Jews. The last thing they'd ever want is for this country to fall. And I think it's you who has what integration is confused. Integration doesn't mean you give up your culture and assimilate into Americana to the point that there is nothing of what you were left. Integration just means that you have the ability to take part in all America has to offer, and you want be denied whatever you want simply because of your race. Now clearly we know that isn't the case in reality. However, if I got to work around a bunch of white people, make my money from a white owned business, eat at a table with white people, use the same bathroom as white people, etc... I'm integrated into American society. That doesn't mean that I can't use that money I make to invest into black neighborhoods and use my free time to volunteer for organizations that help the black community.


    Thank you for explaining this in detail but I don't think he will believe or agree with you. Just like it was explained how Malcolm was turning. He goes to the last quote instead of the many books that documented the changes. Some people just cant see what is in front of you.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.

    You clearly don't understand the African American psyche. Most African Americans DO NOT believe we are equal or have the same power. Most African Americans most certainly DO NOT trust and believe in the nation. Most of the people I went to high school with never did 🤬 with their lives. You know why? Because they believed everything was against them and that there was no point in trying because the white man would just hold them down. As a matter of fact, that's why so many foreign black people do so much better than domestically raised black people. Because no matter how bad you think racism is in America, you still come in here believing that you can achieve. A vast majority of black people in this country don't even believe it's possible. I used to work with kids in this Big Brother type program, and you wouldn't believed how shocked most of them were when I took them to this upper middle class black neighborhood. This was like 2009 and these kids didn't even believe that black people could really live like that in America.

    And lol @ the idea that the Jewish community isn't integrated. You're talking about a group that is basically tied into every major industry and cultural outlet there is in America. Hell, no group is as integrated into the fiber of America as the Jews. The last thing they'd ever want is for this country to fall. And I think it's you who has what integration is confused. Integration doesn't mean you give up your culture and assimilate into Americana to the point that there is nothing of what you were left. Integration just means that you have the ability to take part in all America has to offer, and you want be denied whatever you want simply because of your race. Now clearly we know that isn't the case in reality. However, if I got to work around a bunch of white people, make my money from a white owned business, eat at a table with white people, use the same bathroom as white people, etc... I'm integrated into American society. That doesn't mean that I can't use that money I make to invest into black neighborhoods and use my free time to volunteer for organizations that help the black community.


    Thank you for explaining this in detail but I don't think he will believe or agree with you. Just like it was explained how Malcolm was turning. He goes to the last quote instead of the many books that documented the changes. Some people just cant see what is in front of you.

    what books 🤬 you did not bring fourth any books all you did was quote a wiki.

    stop your 🤬 , at least MONK TRIED TO use logic to prove his point you have done nothing and besides the video is the best evidence not some book that was written after the man died.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent the Wiki because it said what I was attempting to explain a lot shorter. The books are going to be after death. He didn't get to finish his autobiography. i stopped because I see I can't change what you believe. His time was cut short and he didn't get a chance to express exactly how he felt. it is believed that he started seeing things more global. These are conversations he had with people. I'm not saying anything is 100% but it seems to be a possibility.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.

    You clearly don't understand the African American psyche. Most African Americans DO NOT believe we are equal or have the same power. Most African Americans most certainly DO NOT trust and believe in the nation. Most of the people I went to high school with never did 🤬 with their lives. You know why? Because they believed everything was against them and that there was no point in trying because the white man would just hold them down. As a matter of fact, that's why so many foreign black people do so much better than domestically raised black people. Because no matter how bad you think racism is in America, you still come in here believing that you can achieve. A vast majority of black people in this country don't even believe it's possible. I used to work with kids in this Big Brother type program, and you wouldn't believed how shocked most of them were when I took them to this upper middle class black neighborhood. This was like 2009 and these kids didn't even believe that black people could really live like that in America.

    And lol @ the idea that the Jewish community isn't integrated. You're talking about a group that is basically tied into every major industry and cultural outlet there is in America. Hell, no group is as integrated into the fiber of America as the Jews. The last thing they'd ever want is for this country to fall. And I think it's you who has what integration is confused. Integration doesn't mean you give up your culture and assimilate into Americana to the point that there is nothing of what you were left. Integration just means that you have the ability to take part in all America has to offer, and you want be denied whatever you want simply because of your race. Now clearly we know that isn't the case in reality. However, if I got to work around a bunch of white people, make my money from a white owned business, eat at a table with white people, use the same bathroom as white people, etc... I'm integrated into American society. That doesn't mean that I can't use that money I make to invest into black neighborhoods and use my free time to volunteer for organizations that help the black community.

    Understand this i may not know the AA psyche but i can analyze your actions and your actions lead me to believe certain things: despite the 🤬 and crying you guys do about america you fundamentally trust this nation and believe in it's system, that is the reason why you march protest and scream no justice no peace when in reality you almost never get justice and you still keep the peace.

    also AA'S DO believe that they can make it in america, i don't know what kind of loser african americans you know but most i have come across that did not live in the hood, bleed red white and blue. judging by the history of this nation you guys begged the whites to let you sign up and die for this nations wars you pushed the whites for integration , they did not what to integrate with you and many of you foolishly died for that too. so despite the crying about america you do you still believe this government cares about you.

    Lol @ JEWS being integrated with black people, the jews as a collective are not integrated with blacks in much the same way that the rich are not integrated with the poor. The fact that they run 🤬 should let our blacks 🤬 know this, but the veil of integration has blinded you 🤬 . we live in two very different world that co-exist next to each other but we are far from one integrated whole. this government does not see us as the same,You think the average jewish family faces the same thing as a black one? you think jewish women have the same issues ? hell no.

    like i said earlier most AA'S have no clue about their culture beyond eating soul food and playing r&b. Your idea of integration is increased economic opportunity not increase economic power black integration stops at economic power and political power. blacks are integrated on the level of servants and buyers but we don't control anything.

    No group gets power in america by kissing ass they get it on a base of ethnocentrism in other words 🤬 you pay me it's all about my people. integration has turned blacks minds away from that.

  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    I sent the Wiki because it said what I was attempting to explain a lot shorter. The books are going to be after death. He didn't get to finish his autobiography. i stopped because I see I can't change what you believe. His time was cut short and he didn't get a chance to express exactly how he felt. it is believed that he started seeing things more global. These are conversations he had with people. I'm not saying anything is 100% but it seems to be a possibility.

    When it comes to the discussion on mal x it's not about my belief it's about FACT AND SOURCE material the man clearly said he did not think it would work.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Say What wrote: »
    I sent the Wiki because it said what I was attempting to explain a lot shorter. The books are going to be after death. He didn't get to finish his autobiography. i stopped because I see I can't change what you believe. His time was cut short and he didn't get a chance to express exactly how he felt. it is believed that he started seeing things more global. These are conversations he had with people. I'm not saying anything is 100% but it seems to be a possibility.

    When it comes to the discussion on mal x it's not about my belief it's about FACT AND SOURCE material the man clearly said he did not think it would work.

    All I can tell you to read an analyze for yourself. I got something different after reading about him. You may maintain the same belief and you are entitled to that because neither of us knew exactly what he was thinking.
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    zombie wrote: »
    so stop it, the man was not headed toward social integration only movement integration meaning like i said he was willing to work with other people to accomplish his goals but those goals were not social integration because he did not think white people in north america could accept it without implementing some of the principles of islam. the man wanted alliances not integration.
    right, so you've got people you're willing to work closely with to accomplish goals, but under no circumstance can there be any social integration. because working together on a movement isn't going to bring together people of different races and backgrounds at all.

    ...or it will and that's kind of why he couldn't keep doing the NOI thing.
    zombie wrote: »
    You are spreading lies
    ...and now you're being 🤬 because i disagree with you on the internet. can't say that it does a hell of a lot for your case

  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    so stop it, the man was not headed toward social integration only movement integration meaning like i said he was willing to work with other people to accomplish his goals but those goals were not social integration because he did not think white people in north america could accept it without implementing some of the principles of islam. the man wanted alliances not integration.
    right, so you've got people you're willing to work closely with to accomplish goals, but under no circumstance can there be any social integration. because working together on a movement isn't going to bring together people of different races and backgrounds at all.

    ...or it will and that's kind of why he couldn't keep doing the NOI thing.
    zombie wrote: »
    You are spreading lies
    ...and now you're being 🤬 because i disagree with you on the internet. can't say that it does a hell of a lot for your case

    Mal x never said he wanted the kind of integration you are talking about, end of story. you have no material to back your claim up. so you are just talking out of your ass

    You are spreading lies that was a statement of reality nothing 🤬 about it, i don't want to prove my case to you i simply want to dispel your lies and misrepresentation. What race are you?? what do you identify as??
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    zombie wrote: »
    Mal x never said he wanted the kind of integration you are talking about, end of story. you have no material to back your claim up.
    except for the whole part about "blatant evidence of moving away from the NOI's racial/social stances that apparently everyone but zombie notices for some mysterious reason"
    zombie wrote: »
    You are spreading lies that was a statement of reality nothing 🤬 about it, i don't want to prove my case to you i simply want to dispel your lies and misrepresentation. What race are you?? what do you identify as??
    hmmm... claims he's not being 🤬 while talking 🤬 , saying he refuses to support his own arguments, and making the debate about his opponent and not a real argument...

    contradiction(s) detected

  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    janklow wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Mal x never said he wanted the kind of integration you are talking about, end of story. you have no material to back your claim up.
    except for the whole part about "blatant evidence of moving away from the NOI's racial/social stances that apparently everyone but zombie notices for some mysterious reason"
    zombie wrote: »
    You are spreading lies that was a statement of reality nothing 🤬 about it, i don't want to prove my case to you i simply want to dispel your lies and misrepresentation. What race are you?? what do you identify as??
    hmmm... claims he's not being 🤬 while talking 🤬 , saying he refuses to support his own arguments, and making the debate about his opponent and not a real argument...

    contradiction(s) detected

    WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?? moving away FROM the noi stance does not mean he wanted the kind of integration you are talking about. i supported my argument with a video, from mal x own mouth he said he did not believe integration could work. Do you have a better source where he is saying otherwise? can you answer my question? are you white or black or something else.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Dog, integration doesn't mean that you've thrown away your culture become lost in Americana. It just means you have all the rights and opportunities as allowed by the nation. You can be problack and down for you community and still thoroughly integrated into American society.

    You cannot be pro-black and be fully integrated into america society because america society is a capitalistic one that seeks to use black people for profit.

    That's not true at all. If you own your own business and funnel your money into the black community helping to build it up, you are clearly integrated into american society and you're also pro-black. Capitalism doesn't see color. It sees money making ability. Anybody can get used for profit as long as they has something that can be exploited. Look at what's going on with Mexicans now. However, anyone that has the know how and the capability can also exploit the system to make money. Look at Oprah. And that's what you don't seem to understand. Failing to integrate into the system in a meaningful way means not learning how to manipulate and use the system to your own advantage. If the average black person knew half the 🤬 these wealthy white people knew about finances and working the system, the black community as a whole would be a lot farther along.

    Instead most black people think you like. They exist on the fringe of american society feeling the don't belong, and miss a lot of opportunities and lessons that are right in front of them. Trust me, if our community was smarter about that and realized how to do something as fundamental as turn our buying power inward toward our own community, the same way jews, asians, and plenty of other groups do, we'd be a real force in this country. You can't tell me the Jews aren't integrated into American society. They most certainly are, they just know how to use what they achieve in the macrocosm (American society) to improve what they do in the microcosm (Jewish American society).

    Most black people do not think like me if they did the black community would look more like the chinese one, You don't understand what i believe at all. from the very start i have advocated using this society for our benefit, i am not american, i came here to use america and that's it, too many african americans don't use america they get used by it. why is this? it's because now too many of you guys foolishly believe that you are equal and have the same power that the mainstream has and even worse you trust and believe in this nation even after 🤬 like katrina you still believe in america.

    Like i already said the jews and especially the chinese are not integrated into america they only give off the appearance that they are most would not give a 🤬 about this nation if it did not affect their bank accounts.

    the jews have their own schools, there own organizations that battle for their interest, not some 🤬 like the naacp. You confuse economic activity with integration i am all for us doing business with america but not doing business as part of america. do you understand.

    You clearly don't understand the African American psyche. Most African Americans DO NOT believe we are equal or have the same power. Most African Americans most certainly DO NOT trust and believe in the nation. Most of the people I went to high school with never did 🤬 with their lives. You know why? Because they believed everything was against them and that there was no point in trying because the white man would just hold them down. As a matter of fact, that's why so many foreign black people do so much better than domestically raised black people. Because no matter how bad you think racism is in America, you still come in here believing that you can achieve. A vast majority of black people in this country don't even believe it's possible. I used to work with kids in this Big Brother type program, and you wouldn't believed how shocked most of them were when I took them to this upper middle class black neighborhood. This was like 2009 and these kids didn't even believe that black people could really live like that in America.

    And lol @ the idea that the Jewish community isn't integrated. You're talking about a group that is basically tied into every major industry and cultural outlet there is in America. Hell, no group is as integrated into the fiber of America as the Jews. The last thing they'd ever want is for this country to fall. And I think it's you who has what integration is confused. Integration doesn't mean you give up your culture and assimilate into Americana to the point that there is nothing of what you were left. Integration just means that you have the ability to take part in all America has to offer, and you want be denied whatever you want simply because of your race. Now clearly we know that isn't the case in reality. However, if I got to work around a bunch of white people, make my money from a white owned business, eat at a table with white people, use the same bathroom as white people, etc... I'm integrated into American society. That doesn't mean that I can't use that money I make to invest into black neighborhoods and use my free time to volunteer for organizations that help the black community.

    Understand this i may not know the AA psyche but i can analyze your actions and your actions lead me to believe certain things: despite the 🤬 and crying you guys do about america you fundamentally trust this nation and believe in it's system, that is the reason why you march protest and scream no justice no peace when in reality you almost never get justice and you still keep the peace.

    also AA'S DO believe that they can make it in america, i don't know what kind of loser african americans you know but most i have come across that did not live in the hood, bleed red white and blue. judging by the history of this nation you guys begged the whites to let you sign up and die for this nations wars you pushed the whites for integration , they did not what to integrate with you and many of you foolishly died for that too. so despite the crying about america you do you still believe this government cares about you.

    Lol @ JEWS being integrated with black people, the jews as a collective are not integrated with blacks in much the same way that the rich are not integrated with the poor. The fact that they run 🤬 should let our blacks 🤬 know this, but the veil of integration has blinded you 🤬 . we live in two very different world that co-exist next to each other but we are far from one integrated whole. this government does not see us as the same,You think the average jewish family faces the same thing as a black one? you think jewish women have the same issues ? hell no.

    like i said earlier most AA'S have no clue about their culture beyond eating soul food and playing r&b. Your idea of integration is increased economic opportunity not increase economic power black integration stops at economic power and political power. blacks are integrated on the level of servants and buyers but we don't control anything.

    No group gets power in america by kissing ass they get it on a base of ethnocentrism in other words 🤬 you pay me it's all about my people. integration has turned blacks minds away from that.

    Powerful post bro....in the end, integration had some benefits but more negatives for Blacks. I do respect MLK Jr but I actually agree with Malcolm X more, minus the Islamic stuff
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    A great article I read online on the destructive effect integration has had on Blacks........here are just some snippets of it....integration has done more harm then good for Blacks.....

    http://www.thinkaboutit-knowaboutit.com/2013/06/did-integration-hurt-black-america.html

    Though the Civil Rights Act officially ended legal discrimination, black people continued to face inequality and they were still oppressed. Worse, the black community was fracturing as it rapidly changed from a tight-knit and self-sustaining community to a community that was increasingly coming to rely on white grace. Middle-class black business owners established their own communities, leaving their lower-class brothers and sisters behind. To this day, middle class black Americans and poor black Americans remain separated from each other.

    Look at the current state of black America. It is no longer unified as it was under segregation. This is because segregation forced blacks to sink or swim, and they swam by establishing their own self-sustained community.

    After segregation ended, black restaurants, theaters, insurance companies, banks, etc. disappeared, and hard economic times destroyed black neighborhoods that had previously flourished. An economic vacuum ensued and jobs were scarce. Coupled with the power vacuum that occurred when black civil rights leaders were killed and subsequent black power movements were destroyed, black America found itself in the midst of a lack of leadership, drugs, gang violence, extreme poverty, and desperation.

    But hey, at least America was integrated.

    Today, black people spend 95% of their money at white businesses.
    Black businesses are owned by white enterprises. Though there are some cities that contain black businesses and institutions (most notably Atlanta), millions of black people are still suffering under the conditions that led to the deterioration of black America.

    Integration seemed promising, and it did indeed afford blacks many basic human rights. But integration was a promise that failed. It failed to end racism, it failed to end discrimination, and it failed to uplift the black community as a whole. And to this day, blacks and whites still segregate themselves from each other anyway.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    And to all the Blacks that defend integration, has it reduced the animosity many Whites still have for Blacks? NOPE, it just pushed it underground. Not all Whites are bad but too many don't want us around and vice versa. Trayvon Martin's murder, the killing of MLK Jr, the struggling state of Black businesses now, and the never ending racism from the criminal justice system proves Blacks and Whites living integrated has done more harm then good for Blacks. I will NEVER live in a mostly White neighborhood and though I work in a mostly Jewish, White area, it brings me great comfort knowing I will come home to a mostly Black area, an area filled mostly with educated Africans who tend to look out for one another.

    I can never understand the Blacks who purposefully wana live in a mostly White area. Why move closer and want to be closer to people who have shown over and over again a hatred for you?
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    And to all the Blacks that defend integration, has it reduced the animosity many Whites still have for Blacks? NOPE, it just pushed it underground. Not all Whites are bad but too many don't want us around and vice versa. Trayvon Martin's murder, the killing of MLK Jr, the struggling state of Black businesses now, and the never ending racism from the criminal justice system proves Blacks and Whites living integrated has done more harm then good for Blacks. I will NEVER live in a mostly White neighborhood and though I work in a mostly Jewish, White area, it brings me great comfort knowing I will come home to a mostly Black area, an area filled mostly with educated Africans who tend to look out for one another.

    I can never understand the Blacks who purposefully wana live in a mostly White area. Why move closer and want to be closer to people who have shown over and over again a hatred for you?

    Mainly because the majority don't hate us. If im not getting spit on just cause thats a reduction in animosity. I don't care what someone says to themselves as long as they don't express it to me. No one makes you interact with anyone. Purchase some property and live happy. Tray had nothing to do with White people it was the perception of Black males. Its not all our fault but we don't help ourselves much either. The CJS is against poor people. They have no color. White collar takes millions get very limited time to to a redneck that robs a gas station. I'm the first to admit I didn't like being the only Black family in a neighborhood but it was better than living in the hood of Little Rock. Right now it seems like other Black people are showing other Blacks their hatred over and over
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

    Understand this i may not know the AA psyche but i can analyze your actions and your actions lead me to believe certain things: despite the 🤬 and crying you guys do about america you fundamentally trust this nation and believe in it's system, that is the reason why you march protest and scream no justice no peace when in reality you almost never get justice and you still keep the peace.

    First of all, this is just silly. Yeah, AAs work within the system, and in doing so have won victories. You want to make it seem like all we take is losses, and that's not true. Yeah, America still isn't fair, but acting like no progress has been made is just dumb. And what would you like us to do? Tool up and start shooting white people everytime something doesn't go our way? This ain't Haiti or Jamaica where black people outnumber whites. At our best we were only 18% of the nation. Exactly how long would we last if we went that route? Again, people love bringing up Black Wallstreet. That was a town full of powerful black people and they fought back, and got bombed into oblivion. With that being the case, why would anyone with any sense think that approach is the best one for us to take?
    also AA'S DO believe that they can make it in america, i don't know what kind of loser african americans you know but most i have come across that did not live in the hood, bleed red white and blue. judging by the history of this nation you guys begged the whites to let you sign up and die for this nations wars you pushed the whites for integration , they did not what to integrate with you and many of you foolishly died for that too. so despite the crying about america you do you still believe this government cares about you.

    WTF? The whole point is that a disproportionate amount of AAs and live in poverty, and those are the ones that don't believe you can make it and keep falling into same traps. Of course people who have actually made in America don't believe it's impossible. That said, you're going to far in saying that people like that "bleed Red, White, and Blue." Some of those people are the most critical of America because they are the ones that expect to get treated differently and are extra 🤬 when they aren't. As for the rest of what you said in this part. It's nonsense. Our people fought for certain rights. We have those rights. A lot of people have made good use of those rights. Not everyone has or even has been given a good opportunity. That doesn't mean what those people fought for is a failure. It just means the fight is not over.
    Lol @ JEWS being integrated with black people, the jews as a collective are not integrated with blacks in much the same way that the rich are not integrated with the poor. The fact that they run 🤬 should let our blacks 🤬 know this, but the veil of integration has blinded you 🤬 . we live in two very different world that co-exist next to each other but we are far from one integrated whole. this government does not see us as the same,You think the average jewish family faces the same thing as a black one? you think jewish women have the same issues ? hell no.

    When did I say the Jews were integrated with black people. I said the Jews were integrated into this country. Again, you're acting like to be integrated means that everyone's been mashing into one group where all subcultures have been muddled into nothingness. That's a false perception. Some of the problems faced by our groups are the same. Some are different. That doesn't mean one group is integrated and the other isn't. Not all black people face the same exact problems. However, just because one black doesn't face some of the problems that another black does, doesn't mean they aren't part of the same larger community.
    like i said earlier most AA'S have no clue about their culture beyond eating soul food and playing r&b. Your idea of integration is increased economic opportunity not increase economic power black integration stops at economic power and political power. blacks are integrated on the level of servants and buyers but we don't control anything.

    No group gets power in america by kissing ass they get it on a base of ethnocentrism in other words 🤬 you pay me it's all about my people. integration has turned blacks minds away from that.

    What is our culture? We've been in this country for centuries. Our culture is here. Yes, it has it's roots in Africa and I admit that a lot of AA's don't know as much about Africa and other parts of the African diaspora as we should. That should be changed. But it's annoying when people act like AAs don't know their culture or have no culture because we're detached from Africa. The fact of the matter is we've built a culture here, and it's strong enough that everyone else tries to bite from it.

    Also, this nonsense that you keep pushing about kissing ass is annoying. When did AAs kiss ass? You think marching and standing up to attack after attack and coming back and still pushing your agenda is kissing ass or begging? 🤬 is wrong with people that say that dumb 🤬 ? It takes a hell of a lot more courage to face 🤬 harm and death every day with no weapon other than your principles than it does to tool up and do some stupid 🤬 . Again, I'm not sure what you expected them to do. You wanted AAs to rise up and start some kind of war, and that's stupid. Had we done that, we' be like the Native Americans are now or worse. White people have exterminated more than one race on this planet. What would you have said if we had gone that way? "Damn, those AA's were really fierce. It's too bad they no longer exist." How exactly would that have been the right or even a good thing for us?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

    Understand this i may not know the AA psyche but i can analyze your actions and your actions lead me to believe certain things: despite the 🤬 and crying you guys do about america you fundamentally trust this nation and believe in it's system, that is the reason why you march protest and scream no justice no peace when in reality you almost never get justice and you still keep the peace.

    First of all, this is just silly. Yeah, AAs work within the system, and in doing so have won victories. You want to make it seem like all we take is losses, and that's not true. Yeah, America still isn't fair, but acting like no progress has been made is just dumb. And what would you like us to do? Tool up and start shooting white people everytime something doesn't go our way? This ain't Haiti or Jamaica where black people outnumber whites. At our best we were only 18% of the nation. Exactly how long would we last if we went that route? Again, people love bringing up Black Wallstreet. That was a town full of powerful black people and they fought back, and got bombed into oblivion. With that being the case, why would anyone with any sense think that approach is the best one for us to take?
    also AA'S DO believe that they can make it in america, i don't know what kind of loser african americans you know but most i have come across that did not live in the hood, bleed red white and blue. judging by the history of this nation you guys begged the whites to let you sign up and die for this nations wars you pushed the whites for integration , they did not what to integrate with you and many of you foolishly died for that too. so despite the crying about america you do you still believe this government cares about you.

    WTF? The whole point is that a disproportionate amount of AAs and live in poverty, and those are the ones that don't believe you can make it and keep falling into same traps. Of course people who have actually made in America don't believe it's impossible. That said, you're going to far in saying that people like that "bleed Red, White, and Blue." Some of those people are the most critical of America because they are the ones that expect to get treated differently and are extra 🤬 when they aren't. As for the rest of what you said in this part. It's nonsense. Our people fought for certain rights. We have those rights. A lot of people have made good use of those rights. Not everyone has or even has been given a good opportunity. That doesn't mean what those people fought for is a failure. It just means the fight is not over.
    Lol @ JEWS being integrated with black people, the jews as a collective are not integrated with blacks in much the same way that the rich are not integrated with the poor. The fact that they run 🤬 should let our blacks 🤬 know this, but the veil of integration has blinded you 🤬 . we live in two very different world that co-exist next to each other but we are far from one integrated whole. this government does not see us as the same,You think the average jewish family faces the same thing as a black one? you think jewish women have the same issues ? hell no.

    When did I say the Jews were integrated with black people. I said the Jews were integrated into this country. Again, you're acting like to be integrated means that everyone's been mashing into one group where all subcultures have been muddled into nothingness. That's a false perception. Some of the problems faced by our groups are the same. Some are different. That doesn't mean one group is integrated and the other isn't. Not all black people face the same exact problems. However, just because one black doesn't face some of the problems that another black does, doesn't mean they aren't part of the same larger community.
    like i said earlier most AA'S have no clue about their culture beyond eating soul food and playing r&b. Your idea of integration is increased economic opportunity not increase economic power black integration stops at economic power and political power. blacks are integrated on the level of servants and buyers but we don't control anything.

    No group gets power in america by kissing ass they get it on a base of ethnocentrism in other words 🤬 you pay me it's all about my people. integration has turned blacks minds away from that.

    What is our culture? We've been in this country for centuries. Our culture is here. Yes, it has it's roots in Africa and I admit that a lot of AA's don't know as much about Africa and other parts of the African diaspora as we should. That should be changed. But it's annoying when people act like AAs don't know their culture or have no culture because we're detached from Africa. The fact of the matter is we've built a culture here, and it's strong enough that everyone else tries to bite from it.

    Also, this nonsense that you keep pushing about kissing ass is annoying. When did AAs kiss ass? You think marching and standing up to attack after attack and coming back and still pushing your agenda is kissing ass or begging? 🤬 is wrong with people that say that dumb 🤬 ? It takes a hell of a lot more courage to face 🤬 harm and death every day with no weapon other than your principles than it does to tool up and do some stupid 🤬 . Again, I'm not sure what you expected them to do. You wanted AAs to rise up and start some kind of war, and that's stupid. Had we done that, we' be like the Native Americans are now or worse. White people have exterminated more than one race on this planet. What would you have said if we had gone that way? "Damn, those AA's were really fierce. It's too bad they no longer exist." How exactly would that have been the right or even a good thing for us?

    So AA'S BEGGING to 🤬 the us military during ww1 and ww2 is not ass kissing begging to integrate into a system that hated you is not ass kissing? You faced 🤬 harm and death for what so that you could use the same bathroom with white people and go to their schools where you would be miseducated/uneducated and in the process you gave up on your own economic infrastructure.The bolded is total nonsense and i never implied any of it

    And i also never implied that AA'S DON'T HAVE any culture, i was trying to say that most of you don't know what it is most americans period don't know anything about their history or culture. If black people were integrated into the system we would be treated the same by the system but we are not, but you think you are and no matter how it is shown to you that america will only keep you in third class you keep holding on to an abusive relationship. The jews are only integrated at the social level but as a collective economically and politically MOST jews live on another planet.

    You seem to be an eternal optimist you think america is going to change LOL AND THAT the fight is not over but what are you fighting for??? more rights. you have all the rights the government can give but the people who make up this system don't respect you because you have no power so these rights are ignored and to make it worse they are trying to strip you of them. Meanwhile other groups of people are getting things together and getting rich exploiting you.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say What wrote: »
    And to all the Blacks that defend integration, has it reduced the animosity many Whites still have for Blacks? NOPE, it just pushed it underground. Not all Whites are bad but too many don't want us around and vice versa. Trayvon Martin's murder, the killing of MLK Jr, the struggling state of Black businesses now, and the never ending racism from the criminal justice system proves Blacks and Whites living integrated has done more harm then good for Blacks. I will NEVER live in a mostly White neighborhood and though I work in a mostly Jewish, White area, it brings me great comfort knowing I will come home to a mostly Black area, an area filled mostly with educated Africans who tend to look out for one another.

    I can never understand the Blacks who purposefully wana live in a mostly White area. Why move closer and want to be closer to people who have shown over and over again a hatred for you?

    Mainly because the majority don't hate us. If im not getting spit on just cause thats a reduction in animosity. I don't care what someone says to themselves as long as they don't express it to me. No one makes you interact with anyone. Purchase some property and live happy. Tray had nothing to do with White people it was the perception of Black males. Its not all our fault but we don't help ourselves much either. The CJS is against poor people. They have no color. White collar takes millions get very limited time to to a redneck that robs a gas station. I'm the first to admit I didn't like being the only Black family in a neighborhood but it was better than living in the hood of Little Rock. Right now it seems like other Black people are showing other Blacks their hatred over and over

    You really believe this don't you? i don't know what to say man
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

    So AA'S BEGGING to 🤬 the us military during ww1 and ww2 is not ass kissing begging to integrate into a system that hated you is not ass kissing? You faced 🤬 harm and death for what so that you could use the same bathroom with white people and go to their schools where you would be miseducated/uneducated and in the process you gave up on your own economic infrastructure.The bolded is total nonsense and i never implied any of it

    This post just wreaks of ignorance. No, it wasn't just about being able to used the same bathrooms, although that was part of it. It was about being able to tap into the same resources and make use of the same infrastructure that was available to whites. See people like you have no idea about the history of this country, so you want to come in here with your surface knowledge and making sweeping generalizations.

    In the past, if a white woman accused a black man of 🤬 her, mobs of white people would basically burn down black neighborhoods until they found the supposed culprit. Then they would beat, burn, and hang that person and stand around for a nice picture. That was acceptable behavior because even the law labelled blacks as subhuman. People fought, bled, and died so 🤬 like that couldn't happen anymore. And it hasn't. Is the system perfect now? No. Do blacks always get justice? Hell no. But can white people still just do whatever they want without any fear of punishment at all? No. White hoes are still out here lying on black men to cover their own bad behavior/crimes. But unlike the past where no one would even question whether it was true or not, more often than not, the chicks are being investigated and exposed as liars. That's progress. That's change. And that is a result of the efforts of the people who took part in the Civil Rights movement, and if you actually looked and observed, you'd see that there are a lot more examples of ways we've benefited from the efforts of those people.

    What's crazy to me is that you've said you came to America to use America. How are you doing that? Have you gone to a big time school to get an education and add legitimacy to your resume? Have you gotten a big time job that you're using to save money so that you can go back home and make moves? What are you doing here? I'm betting there is a good chance that whatever you're doing, you're making use of some of the things won for us through the efforts of the people behind the Civil Rights movement. Yet, you're getting on here insulting them and bashing the work they did. That's ridiculous and disgusting.
    And i also never implied that AA'S DON'T HAVE any culture, i was trying to say that most of you don't know what it is most americans period don't know anything about their history or culture. If black people were integrated into the system we would be treated the same by the system but we are not, but you think you are and no matter how it is shown to you that america will only keep you in third class you keep holding on to an abusive relationship. The jews are only integrated at the social level but as a collective economically and politically MOST jews live on another planet.

    You keep saying this dumb 🤬 . Very few black people in this country actually think we are treated the same or can expect the same treatment. That's just silly. I mean seriously, that's ludicrous. And yes, in an ideal world, everyone would be treated fairly, but this world isn't ideal. People are discriminated against in various circumstances because of gender, religion, sexual preference, appearance, age, disability, etc... It's not just race, so by your argument nobody is really integrated in America, because it's possible under the right circumstances just about anybody could be denied a fair shake. And how in the world do Jews live on another planet economically? They make their money from America and therefore depend on America for their livelihood. They pay their American taxes, buy their American property, and use American retail outlets to buy their goods and services. Where exactly are they isolated from America economically? It's not like they are illegal Mexicans here not paying taxes and sending half their wages back to Mexico. Aside from the money that some Jews send to Israel, most of their economic transactions begin and end in the US.
    You seem to be an eternal optimist you think america is going to change LOL AND THAT the fight is not over but what are you fighting for??? more rights. you have all the rights the government can give but the people who make up this system don't respect you because you have no power so these rights are ignored and to make it worse they are trying to strip you of them. Meanwhile other groups of people are getting things together and getting rich exploiting you.

    I'm not an optimist. I'm just not blind to facts. 🤬 is better now for blacks in general than they were 50 years ago. That's a fact. Things aren't as good as they could have been and probably would have been better if the community's drive for improvement hadn't derailed after integration. But that's just my speculation. And the fight is over as far as getting our rights. What we need to do now is recapture the community unity we gave up, invest back in our communities, build more businesses to support our own interests instead of relying on others for that, figure out a way to police ourselves so we don't need the corrupt police to clean up our communities, and consolidate our buying power in a way similar to other communities so that the rest of the country has to take us more seriously. However, none of that would have been possible if we were still considered second class citizens.

  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    @theloniousmonk

    I know integration was meant to be more than just using white people amenities but at the end of the day that is all it amounted too. you never got to really tap those resources integration was supposed to let you tap. i took african america history in university i took enough of those classes i know alot of the history and 🤬 using white economic infrastructure you had your own.

    Jews live on another planet economically because they are the owners, we are the buyers they use america and keep the money for themselves. money comes into the black community and leaves as soon as it gets here. AA's may not think that they will be treated the same but you act like you will be, i say that because you rely on the government too much to fix your problems instead of fixing them yourselves.

    I respect the people who fought in the civil rights movement never once have i disrespected them but what they did was was not enough and the generation after them believed too much in america. How am i using america? i got my education and started my own business made enough money so now i can chill and talk to you on this computer all day if i want too.

    You make alot of leaps of logic and read things into my responses that i never intended, yeah 🤬 is better now but only superficially. So now blacks can give white people their money and now mass lynching are uncommon. You just admitted that integration was derailed so why do you keep arguing with me? it failed to produce what it should have. How are blacks going to do the things you suggested, if since as individuals thanks to integration, it is more profitable not to, You can make more money in a mass market than you can in a niche market and too many upper class blacks think white mans ice is colder so i don't see them doing what you suggested at all. IT COULD be possible if more blacks thought like me unfortuntly most of my AFRICAN AMERICAN brethren think like you.

    AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU GAVE UP MORE THAN YOU GAINED
Sign In or Register to comment.