What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Social Lounge Debates - Euthanasia: WeeZee vs. lemzola *lemzola wins*

Sion
Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorMembers, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
edited September 2013 in The Social Lounge
Welcome to The Social Lounge Debates. In these debates you will judged based on 3 criteria - Content, Delivery and Fact. There is a word limit of 500 words per round, going over that will result in points being deducted. Additional rules are as follows: You have 3 rounds per debate and a time limit of 24 hours per round to respond. Each debate should take no longer than 3-5 days. If you are to vote please wait until the END of the debate to cast your vote. For spectators, please do not attempt to derail or throw the debaters off topic. This is a friendly debate between @WeeZee and @lemzola.

The Debate Question:

"Should Euthanasia be allowed ? Should people be allowed to die when they decide they don't want to live any more as a result of illness ?"

NO - lemzola
YES - WeeZee

The Social Lounge Debates - Euthanasia: WeeZee vs. lemzola 5 votes

No - Lemzola
40%
SionLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY 2 votes
Yes - WeeZee
60%
BelovedAfeniBilly_PonchoLady_Zee 3 votes

Comments

• Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    No - Lemzola
    I decided to give this one to Zee and lemzola, instead of pralims and Plutarch.... I got something for them tho...

If there are any problems with this topic just let me know and I will change it for yall.

Other than that I wish yall the very best and I will be watching this debate very closely.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    No - Lemzola
    WeeZee wrote: »
    I like this, will reply when I get home from work :).

@Sion I fear my opponent has been banned lol

lemzola will be back Joker just put him on punishment for a few hours
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Lemzola
    Kratos lemzola on his way up to the IC Olympus Mount reporting.

Ggod subject. I ll post on friday morning. Peace be safe
    Good night
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - Lemzola
    Its a great honor to participe as a french cityzen in a authenthic american debate.

i have the great honor to defend my position against euthanasia.

First and foremost we have to be careful about the lack of accuracy of the @weezee aforementioned definition. As a matter of fact we all have our own perception of PAIN and SUFFERING.Thats the first mistake of the pro euthanasia.
    Because giving to such an important subject no limit via its definiton is dangerous.

Second point is that usually rights are not determined by the environnement. Wether you live in a desert or on the moon you shall not 🤬 .
    We have compared two patients who were suffering from the same illness.
    One , all alone in his hospital room, feeling guilty because he occupy a place much needed, asked for life termination. The second, treated in his home, surrounded by his family, is still fighting. Those two situations show how euthanasia is too much driven by the environment.
    So it is safe to say that euthanasia is a sign of our egoistical society.

That leads us to economic side. We are hearing evryday the pro euthanasia throwing the fact that it will save money and hospital places in our countries. But they dont say a word about the heavy military budgets.In my opinion we all have to ask our politic leaders to focus more money on health.
    Euthanasia cosigning is scapegoating the ones who are ill for the low health budgets.
    In a nutshell you dont ask for euthanasia for no reasons but pain and suffering optimized by the feelling of guilt and lonelyness.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    No - Lemzola
    @sion
    What happened to weezee?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    No - Lemzola
    We live for the best and for the worse. Its human to suffer as it is to be in good health.
    The more we advance in human history the more we refuse to see poverty, ugliness, imperfection, suffering and death face to face.
    However most of us will die from those illnesses.

@weezee talked about diying with dignity. I agree. But i disagree to her opinion about this notion. There is no dignity in giving death imo
    We must accompany our ill familly members the way we can. We must wi give them the motivation to fight until the last minute.
    I aknowledge that there are some extreme cases. But lets make the difference beetween being clinically maintained alive and taking medication in order to suffer less. In the first case the doctors advice the familly the authorisation to stop the monitors.

I see and understand you @weezee. But hell's way is paved with good intentions. You have 52 states. Texas conception from euthanasia might differ from Florida 's. Why this example? It because i want to put the emphasis on the fact that people dont think alike. What will extremists like the tea party do with euthanasia once in power? Lets not forget what the nazis did to the poeple they deemed ill...

Giving death as such is culturally and worldwide prohibited. That s what we have in common as humans along with dreams and myths.
    Breaking this prohibition will not be without consequences imo.
    It s a transgression. And we both now that the inner appetite for transgressing is as infinite as the human imagination.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    No - Lemzola
    @sion
    Im penetrating german space. I might not be able to post until saturday.

Take care and be safe IC familly :)

Lemmy
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind kicking his ass
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    No - Lemzola
    @sion

So what do you think about my debating skills?
    What should i improve to attain the next level?
  • Sion
    No - Lemzola
    Ok Lady_Zee asked to be banned from the IC for good (that means her posts were deleted and everything) :( and I don't think she'll be back for a long time. @lemzola you did well son, as a result of Zee leaving the IC I will have to award you with the victory in this debate.

Congratulations fam.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You want to go to war? A suicide mission
    You better off banning yourself before you come up missing"
    - Juicy J Lemzola