What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Comments

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Chris Jericho put these muthafuckas in the lion tamer.
    1i0mjk.jpg

2 birds one stone? ???
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    Aight so I went to my local gun store to get a holster but ended up looking at some rifles. Came across a scar-l .308 caliber nice ass gun but that price steep like 3,000$ . Was talking to the guy and Was telling him I have an ar-15 .223\556 he was saying get a .308 on a ar platform cause the memory muscle, cheek wield. I'm like yea but I want that scar.

My question which would be better the scar-l or the scar-h? Both can be used for long range more so the scar h.

What yall think?
    okay, so let me just say that he's absolutely right about going the AR-10 route if you want to NOT pay $3000. you might be able to beat that price if you shop around but the SCARs still carry a premium price tag because guys flog them as guns that special operators love or some 🤬 .
    i'm a little biased because here we have lightly-neutered SCARs (my state now bans have more than 2 "assault features") and my second-hand HSLD operator info on SCARs was "meh" but that's just me.

ANYWAY

the question is, what are you going to do with it? i never end up shooting .308s (i have a few of various types, but no SCARs) because .308 is costly and i don't shoot great distances. so if you're doing shorter-range plinking or don't want to eat the cost, i would go SCAR-L. it doesn't bother me to have piles of rifles in the same caliber, though i know some people would go "well, i have a .223 AR-15 right now, so now i need a .308."

if you don't have a .308 anything and really want one, and the SCAR speaks to you... SCAR-H. if you want to shoot greater distances... SCAR-H. but i would give some nicer AR-10s a look too (i have a colleague who's really into LWRC REPRs), maybe some other options, in case there's a little impulse at work.

@janklow sorry I was strictly talking about the scar-h. But yeah I want the. 308 not a lot of places to shoot it. I eventually want to hunt and do some long range shooting with it.

But yea I was thinking like yep I already have an ar want something totally different than a ar.
    That scar is a bad ass gun not a lot of kick when I shot the scar-h. If I go the ar-10 route, it'll be customized. Bad thing is I know I'll come out cheaper getting the ar10 hell I'll probably save about a good 1000-1500 on it but that damn scar.......
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like 2 birds 6 stones. Them muthafuckas is hard to hit. Plus I was under duress from the bats.
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Chris Jericho put these muthafuckas in the lion tamer.
    1i0mjk.jpg
    awww
    these current-gen Jerichos do look higher-speed than my old one, though
    @janklow sorry I was strictly talking about the scar-h. But yeah I want the. 308 not a lot of places to shoot it. I eventually want to hunt and do some long range shooting with it.
    yeah, see, i don't think of hunting because around here, rifle hunting is basically a no-go. and i think my relatives 🤬 up by not having me hunt when i was a kid.
    That scar is a bad ass gun not a lot of kick when I shot the scar-h. If I go the ar-10 route, it'll be customized. Bad thing is I know I'll come out cheaper getting the ar10 hell I'll probably save about a good 1000-1500 on it but that damn scar.......
    honestly, if you're not buying a 🤬 gun or something that's wildly overpriced garbage, there's nothing wrong with buying something you want that costs a little more. especially if you buy the AR-10, fancy it up and STILL want the SCAR. especially since it sounds like you shot it and think it's cool. covers your .308 base, anyway; everyone needs a serious-caliber rifle in their collection, right?
  • cyr0gen
    cyr0gen Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
  • janklow
    cyr0gen wrote: »
    69d5c-gunownershipviolentcrimeeng.gif?w=640
    the UK kind of 🤬 up

• gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 my life living here in NYC.
    I got a better chance winning lotto then getting a ccp
  • Will Munny
    That sucks. I'm gonna go through a 2 hour course and get mine here in MN so I can carry while bow hunting. Kinda 🤬 that I can carry pistol in the woods if I'm hunting with it, but if I'm bow hunting I can't carry a pistol unless I have a permit to carry.
  • janklow
    ironically, i just learned MN's current law re: carry permits will not allow me to get a non-resident UT permit and then carry when i am up in MN. thanks a lot, Minnesotans
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

so glad those problems dont exist in virginia.

• janklow
    edited August 2015
    i ro ny wrote: »
    so glad those problems dont exist in virginia.
    ah, VA non-resident permit, how i miss you

also, since i am furiously remiss at posting actual guns in this thread, i guess i could put up the last ridiculous thing i did...

316nbyv.jpg
  • miamaus
    miamaus Members Posts: 15
    thats crazy i have to say
  • janklow
    miamaus wrote: »
    thats crazy i have to say
    i mean we're going to need some clarification on what we're talking about here

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I just found out that when u buy a stripped lower many states treat them as pistol purchases which is hilarious to me for some reason

kind of like that wack ass FL law where u have to wait a cooling period of 5 days before u can actually pick up a pistol that u purchased :(

however my guy with the FFL says I can buy stripped lowers in bulk so I can buy damn near 5 AR-15s pretty much at one time and buy the parts as I can customize/afford them........that has me feeling like I can make all the gun purchases I need before the next election
  • janklow
    so I just found out that when u buy a stripped lower many states treat them as pistol purchases which is hilarious to me for some reason
    we actually have a weird limbo around here like this; i can sort of understand it because you CAN build a pistol out of them. sort of.
    kind of like that wack ass FL law where u have to wait a cooling period of 5 days before u can actually pick up a pistol that u purchased :(
    i do really wish that politicians who wanted to pretend this was effective would take into account people who ALREADY own guns. what good does a "cooling-off period" do if i already have a pile of guns?
    however my guy with the FFL says I can buy stripped lowers in bulk so I can buy damn near 5 AR-15s pretty much at one time and buy the parts as I can customize/afford them........that has me feeling like I can make all the gun purchases I need before the next election
    i feel bad about this because i have a few of them kicking around that i STILL haven't done anything with because of the way some of the things i wanted to build worked out post-ban. can't hurt to have them, though.

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixMembers Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • janklow
    RmzyXh8.jpg
    i unironically approve
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    RmzyXh8.jpg
    i unironically approve

I ironically approve.
  • Will Munny
    Jusr bought a Shield .40. no idea why but i did it.
  • janklow
    Jusr bought a Shield .40. no idea why but i did it.
    seems like... a weird choice of caliber? i don't know, you may like .40 a lot more than i do

than said, the last thing i bought was a Beretta Nano, and i don't even have a non-resident permit anymore, so what was i thinking
  • Will Munny
    They didn't have any in a 9mm so I was like 🤬 it I'm getting a .40. Ammo is pretty easy to find and not much more expensive. I don't even have a CC permit yet lolzzzz

I guess I'll see if I like it or not.
  • A Ghost
    A Ghost Members Posts: 368
    ...oh and 🤬 Cuomo...

Yes, a big 🤬 YOU to Governor Cuomo for limiting bullets in new guns

lol they ended up getting rid of the round limit i believe but everything else has been upheld. The SAFE Act won. Cuomo won.

Ak's and AR-15's are now on the chopping block all across America
  • A Ghost
    A Ghost Members Posts: 368
    BUT in a stroke of great irony, I just won a 🤬 gun tonight hahahahahahhahhahaahhahhahahhahaaha

Baby Desert Eagle II 9mm. 🤬 thing is badass as 🤬 !

Congrats, I want to own a Desert Eagle some day

...yea if you wanna break your arm lol
  • janklow
    They didn't have any in a 9mm so I was like 🤬 it I'm getting a .40. Ammo is pretty easy to find and not much more expensive. I don't even have a CC permit yet lolzzzz
    can't argue the accessibility of .40... honestly, every time i look through my 🤬 ARSENAL OF THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS i think "man... i have a lot more .40 than i realize... i should shoot some of this." and then i just don't.

but it's not a bad round in terms of ballistics, just not my cup of tea. so i hope you like the gun.
  • janklow
    A Ghost wrote: »
    Ak's and AR-15's are now on the chopping block all across America
    yeah... well, around here we can still do HBAR/piston/non-5.56 ARs, but i miss my AKs.