What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Should WWE Ditch the 3rd Hour of RAW?

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz What title?www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
«1

Comments

  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Definitely not.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWE fans are never happy

    I see why Vince & co. jus do WTF they want

    People gonna complain regardless
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence. I just want a good show I don't care how long it is.

    Only problem is: when its bad at 3hrs it's reeeeeeeaally bad and the times makes it seem worse.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, the 3rd hour is necessary. they have too many talents and too many stories to not have a 3rd hour. they are even using Smackdown effectively because they need more time to give everyone something to do.

    which reminds me, they are trying to get a 3rd hour for SD so why would they trim Raw if they are looking to expand SD?
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell nah! they can make da 3rd hour work as long as they keep us entertained!
  • Killface_toast
    Killface_toast Members Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    It's yes/no to me, if they were to change the titles up a bit and focus on different 'divisions' (ex Light Heavy/Crusierweight, getting rid of the US title and replacing it with the european championship, and actually making the tag division meaningful as well as restoring the legacy of the intercontinental championship the way the title has been handled for the past 7 years is atrocious) instead of using the extra time for filler/hhh's long winded promos about 'this business'/recaps of Bryan getting horseman'd. And give some occasional shine to the NXT guys, Have them work exhibition matches (and plug NXT being on Hulu *ahem*) to garner some attention to that product.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that they should. They won't though and only because USA gives them a lot of money to have that 3rd hour. It's "good for business". An easy way for them to keep some extra revenue coming in an era where they have to make as much money from everything BUT wrestling as possible since the industry is pretty much dead outside of that promotion & wrestling has very little mass appeal in 2013. I do think even creative realizes how much it ruins the pacing of the show though.

    It would be one thing if the extra 40 min was actually used to give the lower card talent some storylines and character development. But it's just used like the other 20 minutes of the hour; for shilling. Whether it's eating hamburgers on live TV or yapping about the WWE App, Make A Wish and Be A Star campaigns it's all just more advertising. It's superfluous and doesn't enhance the product in any way.

    You have red hot angles losing momentums between segments because the segments are TOO spaced out and have a bunch of filler in between them derailing their impact. You need to give segments time to breathe yes but you do so by building up other storylines not just giving us matches we don't even care about because their is no real storyline behind it to at least build some suspense. It just feels like random exhibition matches in a video game. Completely takes away from the product by ruining the pacing especially since it isn't even allowed to get some shine on the rest of the roster anyway.

    Take the Night of Champions build up for example. Does it make sense that WWE with 3 hours or RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown and other 🤬 like Main Event has had such a shoddy built up for the one gimmick PPV where all the championships are on the line?

    The only championships that remotely have some kinda storyline build up are the WWE title and the Divas championship. Nothing going on with the US Championship despite that belt being around the waist of one of their main players right now. Same with the tag championships which are such an afterthought that the challengers for the belts will be determined in the pre-show before the PPV. The IC belt isn't even a factor in the storyline leading up to it's defense at the PPV. That storyline's central narrative is CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman. How is any of that excusable when they have so much TV time to give all those storylines real credibility with proper build up especially leading into the PPV that must be ordered by the fans because it's focus is title defenses in the first place?

    This is why the 3rd hour hurts the product much more than enhances it IMO.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heck nah, longer matches, sometimes more wrestlers, 3rd hour has worked out well to me
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes unless they stop recapping 🤬 we saw 20 minutes ago and stop with the excessive social media 🤬
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cash_flow wrote: »
    Yes unless they stop recapping 🤬 we saw 20 minutes ago and stop with the excessive social media 🤬

    now that I can agree with, more wrestling and storyline. less recapping and shoveling social media down our throats.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watching raw is like watching dbz, drawn the 🤬 out
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time anybody here sat through 3 hours of RAW? it's pretty brutal. I stick with 20 minute recaps every other tuesday for the most part especially now that NFL is back. Then again if it wasn't for the corporation angle I probably wouldn't be watching WWE nowadays at all anyway 3 hour run time or no 3 hour run time.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    When was the last time anybody here sat through 3 hours of RAW? it's pretty brutal. I stick with 20 minute recaps every other tuesday for the most part especially now that NFL is back. Then again if it wasn't for the corporation angle I probably wouldn't be watching WWE nowadays at all anyway 3 hour run time or no 3 hour run time.

    Im pretty sure that alot of people here watch all three hours. I do. just because you dont doesnt mean people dont enjoy it. stop stating your opinion as a fact homie.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of feelings you tend to catch is 🤬 levels 🤬 . You swear you're the protagonist of the movie of life or something and take everything as a shot or insult. Are you dense? can't you read? nowhere in that post have I stated any opinion as a fact. I legitimately asked when was the last time anybody here sat through 3 hours of this 🤬 cause I'm genuinely curious to know.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Broddie wrote: »
    The amount of feelings you tend to catch is 🤬 levels 🤬 . You swear you're the protagonist of the movie of life or something and take everything as a shot or insult. Are you dense? can't you read? nowhere in that post have I stated any opinion as a fact. I legitimately asked when was the last time anybody here sat through 3 hours of this 🤬 cause I'm genuinely curious to know.

    LOL me a protagonist? thats a new one. Ive been called alot of things but never a protagonist. its the way you write 🤬 money, you make it seem like what you say is gospel and anybody that disagrees is just plain wrong. and LOL @ you getting mad because I said the way you state things is like you believe its a fact. but anyway this is 🤬 for tat and youre just catching feelings. so its no need to continue arguing with a scorned woman.

  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's just the way YOU read what I write cause you're the only one who interprets my posts that way. You could simply just ignore them if they have no relevance to you and just make you cry inside like the 🤬 you are. It's not difficult to scroll past posts. I tend to ignore most of yours with no problems.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch all 3 hours. Wrestling is more interesting than 90% of the other 🤬 on TV at the same time.

    The 4 months of the nfl really aint that interesting to me. Besides the Lions rarely play on Monday nights.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really thought of how limited TV options are on monday nights outside of football but you're right. That's a good point.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    No it's just the way YOU read what I write cause you're the only one who interprets my posts that way. You could simply just ignore them if they have no relevance to you and just make you cry inside like the 🤬 you are. It's not difficult to scroll past posts. I tend to ignore most of yours with no problems.

    look bruh, I wasnt even tryin to come at you sideways. I just said that you state things like they are fact and u continue to catch feelings. no need to argue over something as 🤬 as this.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i watch all 3, there are other things i watch but they have reruns that night and raw doesnt, im prolly gon watch raw every week whether im bored with wrestling or not, unless i got other plans
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    KEEP IT THEM HHH/PUNK/CENA PROMOS BE DAMN NEAR 45 MINS
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Broddie wrote: »
    I think that they should. They won't though and only because USA gives them a lot of money to have that 3rd hour. It's "good for business". An easy way for them to keep some extra revenue coming in an era where they have to make as much money from everything BUT wrestling as possible since the industry is pretty much dead outside of that promotion & wrestling has very little mass appeal in 2013. I do think even creative realizes how much it ruins the pacing of the show though.

    It would be one thing if the extra 40 min was actually used to give the lower card talent some storylines and character development. But it's just used like the other 20 minutes of the hour; for shilling. Whether it's eating hamburgers on live TV or yapping about the WWE App, Make A Wish and Be A Star campaigns it's all just more advertising. It's superfluous and doesn't enhance the product in any way.

    You have red hot angles losing momentums between segments because the segments are TOO spaced out and have a bunch of filler in between them derailing their impact. You need to give segments time to breathe yes but you do so by building up other storylines not just giving us matches we don't even care about because their is no real storyline behind it to at least build some suspense. It just feels like random exhibition matches in a video game. Completely takes away from the product by ruining the pacing especially since it isn't even allowed to get some shine on the rest of the roster anyway.

    Take the Night of Champions build up for example. Does it make sense that WWE with 3 hours or RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown and other 🤬 like Main Event has had such a shoddy built up for the one gimmick PPV where all the championships are on the line?

    The only championships that remotely have some kinda storyline build up are the WWE title and the Divas championship. Nothing going on with the US Championship despite that belt being around the waist of one of their main players right now. Same with the tag championships which are such an afterthought that the challengers for the belts will be determined in the pre-show before the PPV. The IC belt isn't even a factor in the storyline leading up to it's defense at the PPV. That storyline's central narrative is CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman. How is any of that excusable when they have so much TV time to give all those storylines real credibility with proper build up especially leading into the PPV that must be ordered by the fans because it's focus is title defenses in the first place?

    This is why the 3rd hour hurts the product much more than enhances it IMO.
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but disagree with it cutting back down to 2 hours. There have been a bunch of good matches and promos recently that probably wouldn't have fit into a 2 hour segment. But yeah, it would be even better to let the lower-card/developing wrestlers get some shine, build some character, and showcase more of a variety for the company. 🤬 is dull. It's the same people in every PPV.

    The time element isn't the problem. WWE just simply needs to utilize their time (however long that may be) better.

    Don't abandon the concept, evolve the product.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    I DVR the 🤬 anyway.